Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something Like FMA? Other anime to watch after FMA
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2
chozenkira
guys i have big problem sad.gif

i watched Full Metal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: The Conqueror of Shambala

but i dont know what will i wathc now

and can i get order for thes anime any1 help me !
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: The Conqueror of Shambala
Fullmetal Alchemist: Blind Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Tombow
@chozenkira - Welcome to our board! In a short while, I will move your post to "Something like FMA? Recommend me some anime to watch after FMA!" thread. Meantime, you can start checking out that thread for recommendations for some anime series to watch after FMA. biggrin.gif And, if you'd like, check out Anime recommendations thread also. Hope you will find some good anime to watch. smile.gif

And.....
QUOTE (chozenkira @ Jan 11 2010, 05:35 PM) *
can i get order for thes anime any1 help me !
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: The Conqueror of Shambala
Fullmetal Alchemist: Blind Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid , and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu are NOT related to FMA. FMP is an entirely different franchise alltogether. But, you can talk about this anime on Full Metal Panic thread in "General (as in NON-FMA) anime" forum. smile.gif

FMA (first anime series) was followed by FMA The Conqueror of Shambala Movie, as you had seen them.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a new FMA anime series based on FMA manga story-line, and is currently running in Japan. You can read more info about this series on FMA:B FAQ and Q&A thread, and if you get more questions about the series, please post your question on FMA:B FAQ and Q&A thread, and we'll try to help you with your question there.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Blind Alchemist is an OVA, based on FMA manga Gaiden, "Blind Alchemist," and they made it into an anime OVA. It came as a bonus item for FMA:Brotherhood anime DVD/BD set. You can join the discussion of this OVA on Blind Alchemist OVA thread. smile.gif

ETA: Merged the thread.
sarahbn
Netflix recommended "Darker Than Black" for me. I watched about the first 15 or 16 episodes but I just couldn't get really into it. It was as visually beautiful as FMA, and there were some interesting characters, but I'm not one of those people for whom the plot doesn't matter if the characters are decent. I like to understand how the "magic" of the fantasy world works, and I just couldn't suspend my disbelief long enough for them to get around to explaining it.

Someone else might like it though. BTW it's rated TV-MA but I didn't see anything more disturbing than in FMA (Basque Grand getting the back of his head blown off was pretty intense so I'm not sure how FMA managed to get a TV-PG rating).

I really liked Death Note. Very cerebral, and enough plot twists to give your brain a good workout. smile.gif
Dark-Winds
One anime, or manga rather, that reminds me of FMA is Hero Tales.

It's a story by Hiromu Arakawa and a lot of the characters actually remind me of characters from FMA biggrin.gif
sarahbn
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ May 17 2011, 09:07 PM) *
One anime, or manga rather, that reminds me of FMA is Hero Tales.

Hero Tales was good. I'm also really enjoying Monster. The plot reminds me a bit of the old TV show, The Fugitive. An innocent man gets framed for a crime he didn't commit, and the list of people he can trust shrinks quickly as he tries to do the right thing and prevent more crimes.

I'm also enjoying Tiger And Bunny; this is a series currently being produced, and they have it on Hulu. The premise sounds dumb (superheroes compete in a reality TV show to decide which is the King of Heroes) but it's really well-done, the characters draw you in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.