Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Edsrhimp

In Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney(Gyakuten Saiban Yomigaeru Gyakuten (逆転裁判 蘇る逆転), the player takes on the role of Phoenix Wright, who must do various tasks, some being standard operation for a defense attorney and some having nothing to do with the profession.

The game has a total of 5 trials. In the game's setting, once a suspect is arrested, a trial lasting no more than 3 days is held to determine their innocence or guilt. A guilty verdict will cause the suspect to be tried in a higher court, which means game over.

Except for the first case, the game cycles between two phases: Investigation, and Courtroom Sessions. The new episode takes advantage of the DS's features at several points, such as spraying luminol with the touch screen to locate blood stains at crime scenes, dusting for fingerprints, or examining a three-dimensional view of evidence.

Wikipedia Article

Soo, anyone ever heard or played the game? P:

I really find it difficult to look for the evidence, but once I'm in the court it's really easy. XD. The second story took me almost the whole day because I was having a really hard time finding things...

I haven't beaten the game yet, I got it on Tuesday~.

But I really enjoy the game happy.gif.
Blitz
Ah, I remember when I started a Phoenix thread and it died miserably. XD

Phoenix Wright is frickin' hilarious. I love it. Beat the second game within three days of the release. I can't wait for three to come out. I've already played the fan translation of the first trial in it and I've been told by many that it's the best of the series so far. Maybe the fourth Gyakuten game will beat it. I'm looking forward to Odoroki as being the attorney.
Edsrhimp
QUOTE(Blitz @ Apr 12 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]529396[/snapback]
Ah, I remember when I started a Phoenix thread and it died miserably. XD

Phoenix Wright is frickin' hilarious. I love it. Beat the second game within three days of the release.

Wow! That's amazing XDD. I stopped playing today, only because it took a lot of my time yesterday...

which case was the hardest for you? XD. *Don't give me any spoilers now ;3*
Blitz
QUOTE(Edsrhimp @ Apr 12 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]529404[/snapback]
Wow! That's amazing XDD. I stopped playing today, only because it took a lot of my time yesterday...

which case was the hardest for you? XD. *Don't give me any spoilers now ;3*

Well, the fourth case [in Justice for All] is defnitely the hardest. It actually has two ways the story can end. Not just a "Game over" type thing, but.... Gah, I can't say since it'll spoil a lot. >_<

EDIT: I love your avatar. XD Poor Naruhodou.
Edsrhimp
Waugh! I just beat the game on Saturday, @_@. It was a good play, and the last case was a reallllll tough one. xD...
Blitz
The third game has a release date~ Yay. Sometime in September.

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations! That's hard to say.... XD
Colette
<3

That's all I have to say about Phoenix Wright.

The fourth case in the second game is EASILY my favorite. So incredibly well written and played out...o.o

[spoiler]Just DAYS before I played it, I was telling my boyfriend and brother, both who had played the case, that it'd be awesome if you defended a guilty client just once. Then I played case four. I was so pissed off at myself :D[/spoiler]
Fushi
I got the game on sale yesterday and stayed up till 4 playing it X3 (although I didn't get to start playing till 11:30 >>) It's so funny and addictive, I finally see what all the big fuss about it was.

The second trial only put me about...2 hours maybe? (I took breaks between 11:30 and 4 last night) It wasn't THAT hard =/ then again, I look at EVERY LITTLE DETAIL at a crime scene so I pick up evidence really quick.

Can't wait to start the third case :>
Colette
The 3rd has the Steel Samurai music, which I NEED to get as my ring tone <.< >.>

Fushigi pwns all you guys with her superior video game taste, by the way <3
Fushi
The 3rd has the Steel Samurai music, which I NEED to get as my ring tone <.< >.>
Just finished the first day of the trial for that one. My batteries were dying tho, so I thought it'd be best to stop for as while.

Ha, who needs that as a ringtone when I have the opening to TotA, Karma, as mine. >:D (BUMP OF CHICKEN = WIN)

Fushigi pwns all you guys with her superior video game taste, by the way <3

:3 <3
Blitz
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 5 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]539520[/snapback]
Ha, who needs that as a ringtone when I have the opening to TotA, Karma, as mine. >:D (BUMP OF CHICKEN = WIN)

I concur! Bump of Chicken is <3~

Anyhoo, back to Gyakuten/PW. I wonder what Odoroki's (From Gyakuten Saiban 4) translated name will be....
Full Flame Alchemist
@ Summoner Colette: I've been seeing your posts around these forums and it's really been bothering me. Is the person in your avatar Adrian Andrews, I kept thinking it was a character from some anime that just happned to look like her but now I'm not sure.

I thought the fourth case in Justice for All was one of the funniest.

" Baseballs have stitches does that mean all baseballs are suspicous" laugh.gif
And not forgetting when Adrian gets so shocked that her glasses shatter and then she calmly puts on some new ones. biggrin.gif
Twilightz
^ Where did you get that?! ohmy.gif

Phoenix Wright is like one of the best games in the universe. wub.gif It's a shame that I only have the Justice for All. I'm gonna find the first game.. mad.gif

It sucks that Gyakuten Saiban 4 doesn't feature some of the previous characters. I'm gonna miss them. sad.gif
Blitz
^ If you live in the US, go to Wal-mart online. That's where I purchased the first one. Or if you want, you can just import the Japanese version which has a dual language option from Play Asia for the same price.

I'm quite excited about seeing Naruhobo. XD But I don't think Odoroki can beat Phoenix.
Twilightz
It's very true that Odoroki can't possibly beat Phoenix ( atleast in my opinion). It looks like there are some new elements added in the game so that might make it more interesting.

I found some GS4 trailers

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Trailer 3

I was very suprised when I saw this. You guys might know the deduction scene from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's exactly like Phoenix Wright..
Blitz
^ Ah, that Suzumiya scene is hilarious and priceless. When I first watched the episode, way back when it came out, I busted out laughing. XDDDDDD
Colette
QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ May 13 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]542575[/snapback]
@ Summoner Colette: I've been seeing your posts around these forums and it's really been bothering me. Is the person in your avatar Adrian Andrews, I kept thinking it was a character from some anime that just happned to look like her but now I'm not sure.

I thought the fourth case in Justice for All was one of the funniest.

" Baseballs have stitches does that mean all baseballs are suspicous" laugh.gif
And not forgetting when Adrian gets so shocked that her glasses shatter and then she calmly puts on some new ones. biggrin.gif

In the words of Yanni Yogi: Ayup <3

Here's the original picture:

http://i18.tinypic.com/535jl7m.jpg

It's from the offical fanbook

Case four IS the best! <3

"FOOTBALLS ARE MADE OF LEATHER! ARE YOU SAYING FOOTBALLS ARE SUSPICIOUS?!"
Shinobimelxi
this game is very odd O_O
Twilightz
Odd? In a good or bad way?
Colette
QUOTE(Twilightz @ May 17 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]544370[/snapback]
I was very suprised when I saw this. You guys might know the deduction scene from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's exactly like Phoenix Wright..

Twilightz
^ That's amazing. XD

There's even a Japanese doujin game that is based around the infamous villa murder scene. With Phoenix Wright style, of course.
~Kurenai~
I really want to get the game! I first read about it in Shojo Beat.
Twilightz
This thread is dying... ;_;

I can't wait for the third game! Omg, it's so close! Or not...

Have any of you read the manga? ( Yes, there is a PW manga)

Hehe, found this funny pic. laugh.gif Godot is so cool. xD

Blitz
^ I've read up to chapter 3 or 4, me thinks.

Have you heard the Godot song? XD Here
Twilightz
^ ROFL! That was awesome. :'D

I'm probably the only one here who likes PW music. o_O

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney sounds so awful. ohmy.gif Corny as hell.
Blitz
^ I lurve the orchestral album. <3

Apollo's alright but the "Justice" part's like.... o_O;;
Fushi
I love the music I just don't know where to get it. XD

.........*will check for torrents this weekend >:}*
Twilightz
^ I'll PM you a good site. >D
esrz22
I finally beat the first game about a week ago. Need to get the second ASAP.
Fushi
Guess who finally got the second? :3

I'm waiting till after I'm done work and packing before I play it tho. DX I didn't realize what a bad time it was top buy the game, I'm gonna be uanble to stop playing it till I beat it, and that's nto good when College starts next week. DX

*wants to beat it before school starts on the 6th but after she finished work this thursday and is done packing*
Twilightz
I want to import the third one so badly. D: The dialogue in it is HILARIOUS. Seriously. Court Records (a PW fansite) has a GS3 quote thread and it just makes me want the game more and more. >.<

EDIT:

That's a bonus if you pre-order it from Gamestop. Plushies FTW.
Colette
wtf >_> I must preorder.

The third one is apparently the best in the series, but honestly the fourth one looks incredibly awful. I mean, there's a jury in case four! That breaks all the rules of Phoenix Wright! D:
Fushi
zOMG, I want to preorder it so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad................then go cosplaying as Maya dragging aorund the plush....

Edit: Regarding case 3 in the second game....did Moe just say "In West Clownadelphia, born and raised..."? *dies* XDDDD
Blitz
I had no idea about the plushie but I pre-ordered it today. :3
Tris the Reaper
And guess who just got the first game Saturday? 8D

On case three so far and loving it. I want Maya's outfit, and Phoenix is huggable.

However, I want to stab Edgeworth in the face with a fork. *killed by everybody minus Blitz* ph34r.gif
Fushi
Lol, I remember wanting to kill Edgeworth too...till case 4. 8D

Speaking of 4th case, wtf to Phoenix's reaction to seeing Edgeworth again in the second game? Like really. "I hate you, I never want to see you again! >:/" is hardly an appropriate reaction to a man you thought was dead and appeared to have inner-angst over. Or did I mis interpret Phoenix' whole "Don't bring that name up ever again to me!" cry baby act as being angsty?
Tris the Reaper
XD Honestly I never hated him. I just have Edgey fangirl friends and wanted to make them mad *shot*

...Okay, I lie. When I first did see him I kind of did hate him. But like with everyone else, it seems, he grew on me the most in case four.

Incidentally, case five has taken me a week. Gahgrsjgdf
Fushi
.............................Case 5 took me...one day. And I believe I only checked a guide once.

Trying to get that vase to look like the Blue badger was the hard part. Frick. I thought it looked enough like dit, but it wasn't good enough for the judge. >_>
Tris the Reaper
Part of the reason why it's taken me so long is because I'm taking my sweet time on it. It'll be awhile before I get game two and God knows how long it'll be before game three.

...And I've been checking a gude like mad since case three. I've become dependent on it. ._.
Fushi
The last case on the second game is like that for me, but that's because I ruined things by reading up on that game months before I played it. There's no "HOLY CRAP, I WANNA SEE IF I'M RIGHT ABOUT WHO REALLY DID IT." because of that. This is the first time I've regretted being spoiled.

Plus, college life = b*tch.
Twilightz
Click to view attachment

Wow... Just wow... o_o
Colette

>_> *goes to fall off the internet again*
Edsrhimp
Well, I have pre-ordered the third game, and recieved it as a birthday gift from a friend of mine...

what I really want to say is, that it was the most longest I've took out of the other two series that came out here in America. The longest, but not the best. I think that the people who are already into the series will appriciate this game more then the starters, it doesn't fail to dissapoint, but of course it does have it's flaws.

Some parts are so obvious, but presenting it in the court is quite difficult. You have the situation graphed out all in your head, but the only road block is when you're presenting it to the court...

Then there's the health bar, oh, that's so annoying, how there are some evidences that you have to present that costs the rest of your life bars. Gah, oh well. But, when I first saw Armando in the fourth case, I already knew who it was, haha, the coffee just gives it all awayy. Anyways, I've already pre-ordered the fourth game, and I'm looking forward to it!
Fushi
Anyone else play the flash mock trial from Apollo Justice yet?

CHORDS OF STEEL!
Blitz
Holy CRAP. I need to preorder Apollo Justice.
steve1
Yeah,Ah, that Suzumiya scene is hilarious and priceless.
Colette
Well, I played the first two cases of Apollo Justice.

They were absolutely terrible. I never got my hopes up for Apollo Justice since it just looked so bad, but it was worse than I could have ever imagined. The puns were terrible, the plots were bad, the cross examining was either boring or made my toes curl in embarrassment, the new characters were awful, and the old characters brought back were even worse. Phoenix's new gig made me want to shoot the writer, until I found out he didn't WANT Phoenix in the game to begin with, so Capcom made him. So it's no wonder the game is awfully written; the writer didn't want to do it.

And there's Olga Orly.

O.

rly.

Why
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 19 2008, 05:39 PM) *
They were absolutely terrible. I never got my hopes up for Apollo Justice since it just looked so bad, but it was worse than I could have ever imagined. The puns were terrible, the plots were bad, the cross examining was either boring or made my toes curl in embarrassment, the new characters were awful, and the old characters brought back were even worse. Phoenix's new gig made me want to shoot the writer, until I found out he didn't WANT Phoenix in the game to begin with, so Capcom made him. So it's no wonder the game is awfully written; the writer didn't want to do it.

...Yikes. Haaaaarrrrsh.

I think you're the first person I've come across that detests AJ.

I adore it to pieces. Heck, I honestly think it's my favorite out of the entire AA series. I'm slightly biased, being a Klavier fangirl and all, but something about it is captivating...and I was expecting to not like it nearly as much as the original trilogy, either.

But meh. To each their own.
Astria
I think I might have to check out these games at some point. The hype aside, they've received positive reviews, and it is the sort of thing I like to have for my DS. Anyone got any advice for a newcomer? Are the newer games any good, or is it worth tracking down the first?
Colette
lol late reply.

Track down the first, the first three all follow the same story line. The second you can skip if you want to save money, I hated it minus the fourth case. (Actually, don't skip it - It's worth suffering through the first three because the fourth case is just that good). The third game is easily the best, I advice against the fourth one, I found it to be terrible, but most people here wouldn't agree with me.

Also~

Game controlling Edgeworth confirmed. It's just a spin off, but it looks fun. And it might have Armando in it, which would make it totally worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.