Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts On Dante's "theme"
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music
Track25
Sooo I'm new to the boards and havent had the chance to read each and every single post yet. SO if this is repetative, I'm very sorry. I just finished watching episodes 1-51 of FMA, and really really enjoyed the entire series. I think what I most enjoyed was the music which encompassed the entire series throughout it. Woodwinds and percussions that are pleasing to the ear, so obviously the orchestrated soundtrack really did it for me.

But anyway to my more immediate concern, did anyway else feel that the 4 tracks. Fukai Mori "deep forest" (Full Metal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 2), Dante (Full Metal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 2), Kaichou "harmony, unity" (Full Metal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 2) Keiji "apocalypse" ( Full Metal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 2) Butou "dance" (Full Metal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 3).

Kaichou was my favorite, along with Dante with its melancholy chanting.

Which of those songs was your favorite since they all share the same melody, and in what parts of the anime did you find them to best compliment???
Fushi
Dante and Butou. I only have OST 3, not yet 2, so I don't recognize the other ones (although I would've heard them at some point) but I have an obsession with Butou. It's just awesome. I heard it on the ost before I heard it on the show so I got all excited when I heard it finally on the show. laugh.gif I can't really express in words what it is about the song I like, but I'm willing to bet the strong, faster paced beat has something to do with it.
ScarMySoul
Speaking of this song, its playing on my media player laugh.gif

I have to say that this song, makes me melt lol if you understand that. I like Dante moreso than Butou. The lady's voice is so soft and so emotional and I love it. I can play Butou on my keyboard, that was a feat in itself, but I can do it now haha.

Amethyst Sunset
The lady who did the vocals on Dante is very talented, I'll admit. The first time I heard that tune, it gave me goosebumps. o_o That's how good it was.

Basically, I pretty much like all the variations to the piece, but Dancing (Butou, yes?) really caught my interest because it was so fast and it really did sound like a waltz, or some catchy tune you can really dance to. [spoiler]Well, Ed and Rose were dancing to it, no? I don't exactly support their pairing, and Rose was just under Dante's control, but it was a nice scene.[/spoiler]
Kisara
Personally, I think the song is a little creepy. It's catchy, but it sends a chill down my spine blink.gif I'm weird...
Amethyst Sunset
QUOTE(Kisara @ May 2 2007, 04:31 AM) [snapback]537937[/snapback]
Personally, I think the song is a little creepy. It's catchy, but it sends a chill down my spine blink.gif I'm weird...

I think that's the point of the song, considering Dante's character. wink.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Kisara @ May 1 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]537937[/snapback]

To me the song also sound not only creepy but archaic... basically expressing the length of time she's been around.
AlphonseISlove
My favorite is Butou "dance".
Alchemical
My favorite Butou "dance". And that song just played on my MP3 player about three songs ago laugh.gif
Raimu
"Dante" gives me goosebumps just about every time I hear it. It's so... Haunting. I'm glad that I have OST 2, as it has two of my favorites, Dante and Deep Forest. I can't say I remember Keiji and Kaichou. I don't have OST 3, but I know when Butou plays thanks to the posts above. I like it as well; so fast-paced, yet creepy at the same time.
Kisara
Which song plays at the beginning of episode 44 when Dante and Rose are in that church that leads to the underground city? It's like an instumental version of 'Dante'.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Kisara @ May 13 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]542747[/snapback]
Which song plays at the beginning of episode 44 when Dante and Rose are in that church that leads to the underground city? It's like an instumental version of 'Dante'.

I believe it was Keiji smile.gif
JeanieBorgie
it makes me feel lost when i listen to it... it also makes me remember things i don't want to rememer... oh boy, what a sad, creepy song...
Menelvir
I like Kaichou. It has an air of urgency to it, yet it maintains the creepy feel that the theme is supposed to bring out. Fukai Mori is quite nice too. It has a sluggish pace that could lull you into a false sense of security, until you remember who this theme is for. About Dante... It gives me the creeps, like some not-quite-human creature singing, entrancing the listener.
Porgand
Dante's theme gives me goosebumps. It is a very beautiful song but at the same time it's haunting and creepy.
Triss Hawkeye
The thing about Dante's theme is the impression you get of her character when you first see her and hear the music. You are told that she was Izumi's sensei (I am right aren't I? I haven't seen the anime in a while), so you assume she's a 'good' character. But the creepiness of the music kind of puts you in an uncertain position as to whether she can be trusted at all. In the end it turns out she is a bad guy, but there's always a sense of mystery about her.
Envy-chan
I like Dante and Butou. Dante is just creepy, in a beautiful, alluring way, and Butou is very waltzy, and I'm addicted to waltzy music.

And, is it just me, or do I keep hearing the lady who vocals in the song Dante, say Hoenheim? Either she is, or my ears are playing tricks on me.
Fushi
I actually don't find the vocals that creepy really. I find them sad and 'antique', something from a mystical old woman. I, once again, heard the song before it was played in the show, so I was surprised to find the song really was the theme for an mystical old lady (who turned out to be very evil and got herself a new hot lesbian bod.) laugh.gif
Chibi_Girl29
yEAh !This song's pretty amazing !it's mysterious just like Dante. The first time i heard this song creeps me out ! tongue.gif  But i love it !
Anyways Ooshima Michiru makes great song, she really knows how to fit the music in the anime, she's really something ohmy.gif
(if she's the one that composed Brotja she's one amazing woman)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.