Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite FMA Eye Style/color?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Alchemical
(First, I'm very sorry if there is already a topic like this. I search through eleven pages, and didn't see anything close to it, so...)

Anime has always had many characteristics that make it stand out, the most common being the eyes.

Which is style and color from FMA do you like the best?

For me, it's both Ed's style and color. The style isn't one I've seen a whole lot of, and the color is very amazing (gold is one of my favorite colors, and to see it in eye color makes it seem unnatural but very original) Besides, not that many anime characters have gold/yellow/amber eyes!
Indignant Judgment
happy.gif I think I like Alphonse's style because they look very caring and I just like the color of dark blue laugh.gif
Chiisana
I think Alphonse's (human version) eye style looks pretty much like Winry's :x Which means, girlish >w<

Edward got the coolest eye style x3
Tombow
@Alchemical - As I suggested on my PM, I'm going to put this thread on probation. biggrin.gif

First, I'm moving this thread from FMA Anime forum to FMA Character discussion forum where all other similar character discussion threads are located.

Next, as is now, the poll #2 is more of a Spam Central topic because it's just generally asking what eye colors we like, and therefore, unless you can change the poll choices to specific FMA characters, I'm inclined to take out the second poll.
If you'd like to keep the poll #2 on this thread, please post the list of FMA characters as the poll choices with respective eye colors, then I can edit the poll choices for poll #2 and keep the poll.

Also, preferably, I'd like to see actual example pics of "eye types" you are referring to posted on your first post, since even within the same character, for example, Ed, his eyes get depicted many different ways based on the different mood of the character, and also I would like to see specifically what eyes you are referring to by "Al's eyes" ...

And, because this thread will be in Character discussion forum, I'd like to see the poll choices including some of FMA manga charcters also.. this you can discuss on the thread who to include and get help from FMA manga readers on the forum, and once decided I can help you out changing the poll choices.

After that, let's see how the thread evolves. ^^

ETA: Moved the thread, and notified the thread author of the move. smile.gif
Amalthea
I've always loved Ed's eyes. For a character that's drawn, sometimes they appear so real- by that I mean they show so much emotion, especially determination. The gold color is lovely, too.

However, I really love the purple eye color of the Homunculi.
Alchemical
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 1 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]524341[/snapback]
@Alchemical - As I suggested on my PM, I'm going to put this thread on probation. biggrin.gif

First, I'm moving this thread from FMA Anime forum to FMA Character discussion forum where all other similar character discussion threads are located.

Next, as is now, the poll #2 is more of a Spam Central topic because it's just generally asking what eye colors we like, and therefore, unless you can change the poll choices to specific FMA characters, I'm inclined to take out the second poll.
If you'd like to keep the poll #2 on this thread, please post the list of FMA characters as the poll choices with respective eye colors, then I can edit the poll choices for poll #2 and keep the poll.

Also, preferably, I'd like to see actual example pics of "eye types" you are referring to posted on your first post, since even within the same character, for example, Ed, his eyes get depicted many different ways based on the different mood of the character, and also I would like to see specifically what eyes you are referring to by "Al's eyes" ...

And, because this thread will be in Character discussion forum, I'd like to see the poll choices including some of FMA manga charcters also.. this you can discuss on the thread who to include and get help from FMA manga readers on the forum, and once decided I can help you out changing the poll choices.

After that, let's see how the thread evolves. ^^

ETA: Moved the thread, and notified the thread author of the move. smile.gif

Thanks for the help, Tombow! I'm sorry if it caused any inconvenience to you.

Um, I'm still new to the ways of these boards, so I hope I can make this thread better. Though, pics will be a problem. So, if anyone can get those, that's help! (I'm just new to posting picsXD) And the second poll I'll probably delete. Thanks again!
Tombow
@Alchemical - No problem!! You're doing pretty good so far!! happy.gif

Everyone, please help Alchemical by posting pics of characters' faces with clear view of the eyes!! (Then I or Alchemical can edit those into Alchemical's first post.) ^^

* For "How to post pics on your post" please scroll down to my post (second post) on Fanart tech help thread. happy.gif

BTW, Alchemical, exactly which Al you have in your mind?? biggrin.gif
Alchemical
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 1 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]524358[/snapback]
@Alchemical - No problem!! You're doing pretty good so far!! happy.gif

Everyone, please help Alchemical by posting pics of characters' faces with clear view of the eyes!! (Then I or Alchemical can edit those into Alchemical's first post.) ^^

* For "How to post pics on your post" please scroll down to my post (second post) on Fanart tech help thread. happy.gif

BTW, Alchemical, exactly which Al you have in your mind?? biggrin.gif

Phew, that's good^^

Thanks for the huge help!

As for Al... Hm... I think both would do. After all, my best friend like Al's armor eyes, and Illusionist Alchemist liked human!Al's eyes. So, both.smile.gif
Indignant Judgment
Alchemical, I think Tombow means Alphonse Elric or Alphons Heiderich
shugrrl
Gold is a kewl eye color laugh.gif
ehxhfdl14
I like Ed's, they look not too worn nor too innocent...
Al and Winry's eyes both has the same 'innocent' look about them, and I did notice they were basically
the same eyes save for the coloring.
Gold is a great eye color, but so is purple... and dark blue looks good too. So many choices!!!

p.s. I'm sorry, although I have some really great eyes (some head-on so the style shows clearly)
I can only do fastreply or else the screen stretches out. Firefox and others don't quite work either, in my case...
Tombow
@Alchemical - I took out the Poll #2 as requested. ^^

That means, you can use Poll #2 for manga only characters such as Ling, Mei Chang, RanFan, Oliver Armstrong, and Miles, and Movie only characters such as Alphons Heiderich. smile.gif

And, we can have 4 more poll choices for Poll #1, so you can have both armor Al and human Al, and we can still add 3 more characters... any suggestions, anyone?? biggrin.gif
ehxhfdl14
um.. Gracia? (but then again her eyes are really similar to Al & Winry)
or how about some of the homonculi?
Tombow
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Apr 2 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]524507[/snapback]

I'm thinking some of the Homuncli, too!! (Except, we should probably exclude anime Pride. tongue.gif )
archangelkatherin
Scar's eyes are awesome: very fierce, prowlish, and of course red. They evoke a lot of anger and emotion, particularly when he was crying before he died.

Ed's are cute, gold eyes are cool. You can see so much varied emotion from them.
I thought Tucker's eyes were the scariest, so much madness *shudders.*
Lust's eyes are so befitting of her character, extremely sultry.

Tough one, so many good eye colours!

I picked Scar. tongue.gif
Alchemical
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 2 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]524502[/snapback]
@Alchemical - I took out the Poll #2 as requested. ^^

That means, you can use Poll #2 for manga only characters such as Ling, Mei Chang, RanFan, Oliver Armstrong, and Miles, and Movie only characters such as Alphons Heiderich. smile.gif

And, we can have 4 more poll choices for Poll #1, so you can have both armor Al and human Al, and we can still add 3 more characters... any suggestions, anyone?? biggrin.gif

Thank you^^

Yes, poll #2 should be used for manga and movie characters. Especially the manga characters.

And, yes, poll #1 should have both armor!Al and human!Al. As for three more characters... I can't think. I'll come up with them soon. I have to dig around, I guess laugh.gif
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Edward because there's this razor sharp feeling to his eyes. I like the eye color too, yellow. It's unnatural since no one really has yellow pupils. Light brown is the closest, which is my eye color. smile.gif
ehxhfdl14
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Apr 2 2007, 12:14 AM)

I'm thinking some of the Homuncli, too!! (Except, we should probably exclude anime Pride. )

Hey, all right! Except I already voted, but whatever. And yes, we probably should exclude anime pride to avoid confusion.
GothGirl
I basically agree with what everyone else has said about Ed's eyes. They're gorgeous, enough said wub.gif
Chiisana
-Giggles- zero on Roy, AND Winry xP

Voted for Ed. He got the eye <3
LT. Mustang
I like Edwards eye style, cuz it can be innocent and cute and intense another second. thats what i use to make Male characters (and sometimes girls)

For girls, i like Winry's eyes.
Becca-chan
I quite liked Maes's, Shou's and Nina's eye colours.

Maes has this wonderful colour of light green that looks really vibrant and just seems to stand out.

Nina's eye colour is this sapphire-like blue which really does seem to reflect her innocence and kind-heartedness.

And Shou's eye colour is also this lovely pale blue colour which actually seems to change along with his sanity.
When we first see him ( with his eyes open) they give off this docile, kind and extremely shy sort of look..

Yet on that dreaded night where he snaps; they suddenly look all wild and somewhat unsettling..then again.. so do Ed's on that night ^^;

Then, by the much much later episodes ( where he really loses it) there.. just doesn't seem to be anything there anymore, which really shows the damage to poor Shou's entire psyche o.o`

And those are the eye-colours of FMA that I like. happy.gif
_Jelly
Tucker's and Mr. Hawkeye's eyes are both the same (their faces even look the same) they're creepy and mad. Evil. I don't like Ed's too much. It's alright I suppose. The eyes they gave Al are cute, kinda like girls eyes though. Plus Roy's eyes make him look asian. xD Riza's are average even though they're similar to Ed's.

I also like Scar's eyes, I haven't voted but if I did I'd vote Scar.
Zachelle
I really like Ed's eyes. No question. Having a golden eye is quite rare in anime's. His eyes really has a lot of emotion in them, you can really see his determination and qualities. Or in short, they're just lovely XD
Amethyst Sunset
I love Ed's eyes. Ever since I saw him, I loved how they made his eyes - golden, not exactly a common color, but a beautiful one nonetheless. I also like Roy's eyes - when I saw them up close during "Fullmetal vs. Flame". From what I saw, it looked like they were a dark shade of blue. Like midnight blue. And yeah, his eyes make him look a bit like an Asian. XD And Hughes' eyes are really bright. Not your usual shade of green. biggrin.gif

As for the female characters...I like Riza's eyes. They can pierce into your very soul...or at least, they give an impression like that. XDDDDD
Fushi
I personally adore Roy's geisha eyes. (YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT. ROY MUSTANG HAS GIRLY EYES.) For starters, he's one of the few anime characters to actually look like he's Asian (even tho his world seems more like Europe. =/) what with the shape of his eyes and the dark colour. Another reason I like them is the constant debate over their colour. Are they black or just a dark blue? (apparently there was a huge argument over this at LJ!) The debate amuses me so....especially when realistically speaking, both wouldn't be likely (obviously black eyes aren't a realistic eye colour, but neither is a blue that frickin' dark. Seriously. Have you ever seen blue eyes that dark?) People going on the argument that a more 'realistic' colour for him would be dark blue tend to overlook the fact that the actual more realistic colour is dark, dark brown, for dark brown eyes that are practically black ARE common, especially among Asians it appears (in Japan at least or so I heard.) So, LOL.[/end useless babbling]

Plus, his eyes are pretty.

So, in conclusion, the reason I like his eyes most are; they're pretty, they give me an excuse to draw him as a girly man lulz, they look more realistically Asian - a rare occurence in anime, and the arguments over them make me rofl. :3
Mudkipblader
Ed's. Why? Simply: because the yellow of his eyes can express a whole lot. On one side they're nice, cute, and gentle, on the other hand, they can burn like fire to express his determination. Anime eyes usually have a lot of expression, but Ed's are amazing. ^^

I also like Mustangs and Izumi's. They give them an Asian-like look, which is rare.
Chiisana
Again. Ed got the eye xD As the other said, his eye could be cute and cool. After seeing so many pics and screenshot. Most of the time, I paid most attention on Ed's eye >w< (and hair)
LT. Mustang
Ed's eyes are, like, the best
That One Dude
I can't chose between Scar's and Ed's. I like Scar's because of the color and the intensity of his gaze, but I also like Ed's because the gold color simply amazes me, and he's just so cute. X(
Fushi
QUOTE(Becca)
Maes has this wonderful colour of light green that looks really vibrant and just seems to stand out.

Okay this has been bothering me for a long time, but are they green in the manga? I've never seen a coloured manga pic of him where I could tell his eye colour, and in the anime, they're yellow. blink.gif

And here I thought the majority of Hyuroi artists were just incompedent fans not getting their colours right. o_o; (still not impressed with the people who give him blue eyes tho)
Becca-chan
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 12 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]542053[/snapback]
QUOTE(Becca)

Okay this has been bothering me for a long time, but are they green in the manga? I've never seen a coloured manga pic of him where I could tell his eye colour, and in the anime, they're yellow. blink.gif

And here I thought the majority of Hyuroi artists were just incompedent fans not getting their colours right. o_o; (still not impressed with the people who give him blue eyes tho)

I'm not 100% sure myself O_o` it's just that my little sister seemed to think that they're light green ( I did originally put ' his eyes are either light green or this gold-like colour' but decided on the first option ^^; ) then again.. she also thinks that Gracia's eyes are blue.
Alchemical
QUOTE(Becca-chan @ May 12 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]542065[/snapback]
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 12 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]542053[/snapback]
QUOTE(Becca)

I'm not 100% sure myself O_o` it's just that my little sister seemed to think that they're light green ( I did originally put ' his eyes are either light green or this gold-like colour' but decided on the first option ^^; ) then again.. she also thinks that Gracia's eyes are blue.

I've always thought his eyes were a dull yellow or green. Really, I always preferred his eye color from the anime rather than the manga.
Chiyo
If we call his eyes khaki, everyones happy, as khaki can be yellowey olive-like brownish and we get all the colours into one word.
Chyou
For me, both Ed and Al. More in the manga though, since they both have gold eyes (whyyy? Whyyy did they change that in the anime?!)
Amalthea
Hughes has blue eyes in the manga. Look at the picture I posted in the image gallery if you want proof.

I like Gracia's and Elicia's a lot. Nice green color.

Chyou: I noticed that Al has a different hair and eye color in the anime than in the manga, too. That's common with many series. Sort of like how Envy has black hair in the manga but greenish/black in the anime. I don't know why they do that.
That One Dude
Haaaa, what a relief. *voted for scar*

Hughes has blue eyes in the manga?? Oh, but I think they look really nice as a gold/yellow green color, I can't really imagine Hughes with blue eyes.
Chyou
QUOTE(Amalthea @ Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]549646[/snapback]
Hughes has blue eyes in the manga. Look at the picture I posted in the image gallery if you want proof.

Chyou: I noticed that Al has a different hair and eye color in the anime than in the manga, too. That's common with many series. Sort of like how Envy has black hair in the manga but greenish/black in the anime. I don't know why they do that.

They did change Envy's hair color didnt they? *sigh* oh well, artistic liberty I suppose.
Yeah Hughes' eyes are blue in the manga. I forget, what color are they in the anime?
Menelvir
QUOTE(Chyou @ Jun 4 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]549662[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amalthea @ Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]549646[/snapback]

They did change Envy's hair color didnt they? *sigh* oh well, artistic liberty I suppose.
Yeah Hughes' eyes are blue in the manga. I forget, what color are they in the anime?

Umm... I think they're green in the anime. But never mind the colour, I love the expression, so suave, so calm, like he doesn't have a care in the world. Then he switches from "Look at my daughter's photo, isn't she so cute??" mode to serious mode, and you see something else in his eyes: concern for Ed, for Roy, or the dangerous "touch him and you die" look.
~Kurenai~
definitely Ed. His eyes are so expressive.
Fushi
Oh really?! O:

Actually, I noticed that recently on one of the pictures in the gallery...it was probably one you uploaded. XD

Umm... I think they're green in the anime.

NOES! YELLOW! D:

Fushi searched for a big enough close up to tell! D:
They appear gold to me, maybe with a hint of brown or green or grey or whatever, but definitely gold.
Chibi_Girl29
ed ones !
Evileo
Favorite eye style is Ed's eye style. But as for eye color it's different. I like dark eyes. So I had to go with Roy.

Oh! I read something about Roy's eyes being dark BLUE. Is that really so? If it is then I'll have to review my choice...Never liked blue eyes. Dark brown or black are my favorite.

So what do you think about Roy's eye color? Black or dark blue?
Automne
QUOTE(Evileo Posted Today @ 12:48 PM)

I'm almost tempted to link you to the wank there was about it...
Fushi
QUOTE(Evileo @ Jul 28 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Oh! I read something about Roy's eyes being dark BLUE. Is that really so? If it is then I'll have to review my choice...Never liked blue eyes. Dark brown or black are my favorite.

I mentioned all that in this post, and described what I thought.

I'm almost tempted to link you to the wank there was about it...

You mean the one on LJ? XD

Btw, there's one picture that shows Roy with blue eyes. But ONLY one. Every other one shows him with black. So I'd go with the majority. ;3
WrathFanGirl
I like Lusts eyes, they look really purpley and evil XD
OddiElric
Ed's eyes! I was thinking about this the other day. I love how they are golden. Have you seen anyone with eyes like that? The style is nice too.
Vanni
I like the gold eyes from Ed, and the cute eyes from Al =) both styles are nice
Fushi
QUOTE(OddiElric @ Aug 13 2007, 05:16 AM) *
Ed's eyes! I was thinking about this the other day. I love how they are golden. Have you seen anyone with eyes like that? The style is nice too.

Yeah on cats.

:D;
Porgand
Havoc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.