Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Round 1:4
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Popogeejo
Kino
Combat ability: Despite her young age and ambiguous appearance Kino is no push over. Holding a .44 Revolver that uses liquid explosives instead of powder, an automatic pistol that can rip branches from trees and a sniper riffle called "the flute" (<Instert "band camp" joke here>) Kino is well prepared for any adversary.
She practices drawing her pistols everyday before dawn and is an impressive shot. When coupled with her talking motorrad (robotic motorbike) Hermes, she is mobile enough to avoid taking hits from her opponents.
Other notes: All her fights must be shorter than 3 days as she is on a strict time table.
Appears in: Kino no Tabi/Kino's journey

Manji
Combat ability: Known as "The Hundred man killer" and "Mister Twelve blades" Manji has a big reputation for blood shed. A mysterious nun gave Manji some blood worms which bestowed the gift of Immortality and sparkly white teeth upon him.
He also has an Impressive armoury consisting of twelve separate weapons including a pair Katana that can be combined into a two bladed killing machine.
other notes: Brought a sword to a gun fight tongue.gif
Appears in: Blade of the Immortal.

Manji is wondering in a hilly meadow that slopes down into a forest. A small person on a motorbike crests the hill. Kino and Manji begin their battle... ohmy.gif

Utena Tenjou (She's the Pink haired one...)
Combat ability: A natural and skilled dullest, Utena is a bold and courageous fighter. She tries her best to act like an ideal Prince, defending maidens in distress, fighting for justice and occasionally slaying big ol' Dragons (well maybe not the last one).
In her many duals she wields various swords, from a simple shinai to the Sword of Dios.
Other notes: Despite my rather short description Utena is a very skilled and capable fighter. (Also has a power level of over 9000!!!!!!!!)
Appears in: Revolutionary girl Utena

Vegeta
Combat ability: Vegeta is of the Sayan race. They like nothing more than to rip their shirts and have a good fight. Vegeta is a dab hand at this kind of stuff. He can shoot lasers, fly and level mountains with his fists.
When really angry, I mean "His power level is over 9000" angry, his hair turns blond and his eyes turn blue (nothing to do with Nazis...) and he becomes far, far more powerful. "Destroy a city with a punch" powerful. Still, he commonly gets his ass kicked by Goku....
Other notes: When his shirt isn't ripped off it's of the pink kind. He does have a wife and child though...
Appears in: Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. Probably a bunch of movies as well...

Vegeta is hanging outside high schools again and it's Utena who steps up to send him off.

EDIT
In the second half of the poll it should be Utena and Vegeta. Sorry about that... Could a mod fix it please?
Amol
Vegeta has my Vote ... !

He gets his ass kicked by Brolly in the movie too biggrin.gif , that was the nice part.

asunder
Manji and Vegeta shall prevail in this round ! (oh yeah poll fixed)
Popogeejo
Kino could shoot down Manji nice and quickly. As long as there is some distance between then Kino has a massive advantage. Just because Manji is immortal doesn't mean he can't pass out from blood loss.
Vegeta has this one sewn up.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Mar 31 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]523914[/snapback]
Kino could shoot down Manji nice and quickly. As long as there is some distance between then Kino has a massive advantage. Just because Manji is immortal doesn't mean he can't pass out from blood loss.
Vegeta has this one sewn up.

Considering I've read the manga for some time now, I know that it takes a lot more than a gunsot wound to even phase this dude. I've lost count of the times he's been stabbed in the head only to stand up like it didn't even happen. Actually read the wiki page. Kino ain't got sh** on Manji. He wouldn't even have to pull out more than one of his weapons. dry.gif

For the second battle, I dunno yet. I see it as a draw right now.

Popogeejo
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Mar 31 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]523943[/snapback]
Considering I've read the manga for some time now, I know that it takes a lot more than a gunsot wound to even phase this dude. I've lost count of the times he's been stabbed in the head only to stand up like it didn't even happen. Actually read the wiki page. Kino ain't got sh** on Manji. He wouldn't even have to pull out more than one of his weapons. dry.gif

Well we all know Kino is going to get decimated by Manji even if she mows him down with her bike so I had to talk her up and tone him down a bit. They're both relatively unknown to most members here and there is no rule against people talking up and campaigning for their chosen character... wink.gif
Tombow
@Popo - Shall we close Round 1:3??
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 31 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]523955[/snapback]
@Popo - Shall we close Round 1:3??

Ah yes please, thanks Tombow.
Tombow
^^Done. Round 1:3 is closed. biggrin.gif
Colette
Voted.
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Mar 31 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]523902[/snapback]
his hair turns blond and his eyes turn blue (nothing to do with Nazis...)

...Oh my god.

...Please accept my marriage proposal.

Nepharski
Vegeta has this one in the bank.

As for Majin vs. Kino, sword vs. gun battles can be difficult to call, she could take him out in a single shot, or he could doge and slice her in two. However, it's difficult to shoot while in a moving vehical, so Majin actually has the advantage unless she gets off. And I'm sure that immortality comes in handy too.

Majin.
Twilightz
I voted for Kino and Vegeta.

I'm not so sure about Kino, but anyway..
jefe
yeah, at least my char fights, go vegeta!!
Ailuro
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 31 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]524167[/snapback]
Vegeta has this one in the bank.

As for Majin vs. Kino, sword vs. gun battles can be difficult to call, she could take him out in a single shot, or he could doge and slice her in two. However, it's difficult to shoot while in a moving vehical, so Majin actually has the advantage unless she gets off. And I'm sure that immortality comes in handy too.

Majin.

You haven't seen Kino in action. :D She could shoot a fly 500 yards (meters for you metric system users) away on a pogo stick.

Ailuro wuvs Kino.

Also, great avatar. What's it from?
Nepharski
Touche', but even then...immortality. And that's Jazz hands, right there.

Current avatar? Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Ailuro
Immortality is overrated. *juvenile retort*
Carnal Malefactor
Sorry, Kara, but you just can't f*!@ with Manji. He's the Highlander of Feudal Japan.
Nepharski
I just read the first chapter of Blade of the Immortal last night. Dude takes a frickin' gunshot to the face and survives. Nay, he heals right afterwards.

My vote stands.
Reno
Kino is the best, she is...................... what's the word i'm searching.......ahh yes THE BEST

Vegeta is so funny and strong but he need a retire so Utena have my vote
Ailuro
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Apr 3 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]525374[/snapback]
I just read the first chapter of Blade of the Immortal last night. Dude takes a frickin' gunshot to the face and survives. Nay, he heals right afterwards.

My vote stands.

I call god-moding! It's cheap. *more juvenile arguing*
Popogeejo
I thought Manji was just Immortal, I didn't know he was invulnerable as well.
Damn cheaty people from "way back when."
edsgirl
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ Apr 3 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]525181[/snapback]
Sorry, Kara, but you just can't f*!@ with Manji. He's the Highlander of Feudal Japan.

laugh.gif True dat!
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Apr 4 2007, 02:44 AM) [snapback]525374[/snapback]

My vote stands.

biggrin.gif And that's only the first chapter my friend. You've yet to glimpse into his full badassness.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 4 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]525559[/snapback]

My vote stands.

Your girl can "shoot a fly 500 yards (meters for you metric system users) away on a pogo stick. " I'd call a smartgun hack on that.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Apr 4 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]525646[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 4 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]525559[/snapback]

My vote stands.

Your girl can "shoot a fly 500 yards (meters for you metric system users) away on a pogo stick. " I'd call a smartgun hack on that.

She practices everyday. :C
Fushi
*voted for Kino so Aily wouldn't hate her* X3;;

As for Utena vs Vegeta...I think that Vegeta would spend too much time powering up, and then all his muscles would explode, causing instant death and a default win for Utena.

In other words, I'll be damned if I vote for a DBZ f*ck
Popogeejo
Okay, I'm declaring this closed.
Due to the Tie between Kino and Manji it comes to a coin toss.
*preforms*
Manji wins.
Round 2:1 will be up later.
Tombow
Closing the thread as declared. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Apr 7 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]526575[/snapback]
Okay, I'm declaring this closed.
Due to the Tie between Kino and Manji it comes to a coin toss.
*preforms*
Manji wins.
Round 2:1 will be up later.

*revives for own amusement*

Wut? sad.gif
Unfair. I call two out of three!
Carnal Malefactor
Kino would shoot the coin out of the air before it landed, anyway. dry.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ Apr 11 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]528678[/snapback]
Kino would shoot the coin out of the air before it landed, anyway. dry.gif

This is true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.