Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Anime Awards - Best Comedy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
mei_tenshi
Roll on the floor! Laugh until your stomach hurts! And you don't even care when your family gives you strange looks. smile.gif

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
QUOTE(Anime News Network)
On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

Ouran Koukou Host Club
QUOTE(ANN)
Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth. Haruhi, being average almost to a fault, doesn't know what to make of the unconventional activities of the Host Club (or of the even more unconventional members), but having little choice, she plays along. Before long, real bonds are formed, friends made, and Haruhi finds herself accepted in a way she could never have been otherwise in this affluent school.
Popogeejo
I know I nominated Suzumiya but damn, Ouran was just painfully funny simply for all the Yaoi stereotypes.
Toby-Chan
Ooouuuuurrraaaaaaaaa~~nn!
edsgirl
Ouran! I still go back and watch it when I need a good laugh.
Nepharski
Ouran, unquestionably.
Zarpia
Ouran all the way!
miracle_flame_alchemist147
OUran the greatest!! happy.gif
Nekokitty
Oh god. Once again I love both of these.
I'll vote Ouran since I saw that one first and it made me laugh harder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.