Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist Taken Off Adult Swim?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
CowAlchemist
I looked at the Adult Swim schedule around mid-February and realized that Fullmetal Alchemist was replaced by Ghost in the Shell. They used to play both Ghost in the Shell and Fullmetal Alchemist at different times, but now they took Fullmetal Alchemist off.

Does anyone know why this happened? Maybe... they don't think people are watching it anymore?

And I looked at how far the Adult Swim schedule went and Ghost in the Shell was at least being shown in FMA's slot until at least April... 5th. I know FMA has been on Adult Swim a lot, but does anyone know if it'll be back?

Adult Swim schedule -> http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

I mean, I know that the anime has finally ended and the movie came out in English in August of 06, but... y'know, I think I just don't want it to die out. Still, I wish they'd keep it up. They keep up other ended shows like Inuyasha, so maybe FMA will get back on?

(And sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. If this belongs in a different section or if there's another topic like this one, please correct me.)
Tombow
@CowAlchemist - Yes, FMA is off regular scheduling on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim line-up.
The last airing was Episode 2 - "Body of the Sanctioned" on February 14th, I think.
AS does rotating "old" anime series often, and since FMA is by now considered "old" series, IMO, this was kind of expected. Tho, little sad, I admit.
If it's as usual, I'm expecting it to return again soon or later, maybe sometime later this year. ^^

(BTW, I'm going to merge this thread to the other Adult Swim thread later. smile.gif )
Nepharski
Probably just rotating old shows for new ones.
CowAlchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 20 2007, 05:30 AM) [snapback]519894[/snapback]
@CowAlchemist - Yes, FMA is off regular scheduling on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim line-up.
The last airing was Episode 2 - "Body of the Sanctioned" on February 14th, I think.
AS does rotating "old" anime series often, and since FMA is by now considered "old" series, IMO, this was kind of expected. Tho, little sad, I admit.
If it's as usual, I'm expecting it to return again soon or later, maybe sometime later this year. ^^

(BTW, I'm going to merge this thread to the other Adult Swim thread later. smile.gif )

Ah, okay. ^^ And thank you.
Tombow
@CowAlchemist, and others who PMed me because worried that FMA would be gone forever from the Adult Swim... Good news!!!
FMA is coming back on Adult Swim!!

See, I told you it would be back!! biggrin.gif

(Yes, later I'll merge this to the Adult Swim thread. ^^)
.:cookie:.
I was pretty disappointed that it was taken off, but I still watch it on adultswim.com... they post the episodes! =D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.