Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Round 1:2
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Popogeejo
Ginko
Combat ability: While not a violent man Ginko has an acute understanding of the mushi and can, if he wishes, exploit their powers for his own gain. Trapping people in parallel dimensions, turning them into spirits and stealing the careless persons sight are but some of the tricks he can have the Mushi preform. Needless to say he's a hit at college parties.
Other notes: Only man in Feudal Japan to wear pants.

Haruko Haruhara
Occupation: Investigator for the Galactic Space Patrol Brotherhood/Stellar Fraternity or so she claims.
Combat ability: Wielding a Blue left-handed Rickenbacker bass guitar model 4001 as a club she is a surprisingly powerful foe. With a single swing she can demolish buildings and send meteors back not space. When coupled with it's power of flight or switched to machine gun mode she becomes near on unstoppable.
Other notes: She has pink hair which we all know is a sign of ultimate power.

Due to contractual obligations Ginko and Haruko are battling amongst a Crowded St.Patrick's day parade.

Captain Dola
Combat ability: You don't get to be a leader of a band of Air pirates without knowing how to swing an umbrella. She is a skilled pilot and as tough as old boots. When she sets her mind to something she'll see it through to the end.
Other notes: She does what she wants because a pirate is free. She is a pirate.

Zoro
Occupation: Swords man for the Straw hat pirates, former bounty hunter.
Combat ability: Using a self developed technique that allows him to use one sword in each hand and another in his mouth Zoro is well on his way to achieving his dream of becoming to worlds best swordsman. His speed and power allow him to take on multiple foes at once. His tight white shirt and black breeches(pirate pants) make oddly effective armour and he has an annoying ability to keep getting up after apprently giving his all.
Other notes: If fanfiction.net is right he has slept with every member of the Straw hat pirates as well as many other people they have encountered. Like Dola he dose what he wants because a pirate is free, he is a pirate.

In an all Pirate fight there is but one place to fight: Deserted island beach brawl!
Fushi
Captain Dola for the win. She has more experience than Zoro ever will. And she beats her sons into submission.
And any character from a Miyazaki movie is gonna win because it's Miyazaki. Or they'll at least get an Oscar

As for Ginko and Haruko...I haven't seen either of their animes, but I like the power listed for Ginko and the Mushi, so I vote for him.
Nepharski
Both Ginko and Haruko sound like godmodders to me, which means this'll be a hard one to call, though I might sway in favor of Haruko for one reason; Ginko's not a violent man, wheras I'm pretty sure Haruko doesn't give much thought to the mental or physical well being of others. In a crowded space, she wouldn't care about civilian casualties, but he might. What's Ginko's general persuasion about property damage and pulling in innocent bystanders?

EDIT: Looked up Ginko, and unless he's hyper accurate with his Mushishi powers, Haruko wins (for the reasons I said before). Really, the location of the battle puts him at a disadvantage, with all those innocent lives wandering about. I'll hold of my vote in the advent that he *is* pin-point accurate.

And I'm gonna have to side with Zoro on the second one, as I'd think he's really the better fighter of the two.
Reno
Haruko is the best!!

She'll defeat Ginko and after that Yuki

Cap Dola is better than Zoro....
Tombow
I don't know them well, but seems my votes agreed with others. biggrin.gif
Triple Soul
I second Tombow's notion.
yoko0217
oh I'm on Zoro's side, he's cool
Fushi
You all hate the elderly, I swear. tongue.gif
Chiyo
Captain Dola, she one tough cookie, and who the heck would hit an old woman? For shame
yoko0217
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 22 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]520887[/snapback]
Captain Dola, she one tough cookie, and who the heck would hit an old woman? For shame

I'm sure there's one out there...
Fushi
QUOTE(Chinry)
and who the heck would hit an old woman? For shame

Exactly. If Zoro had any decency, he wouldn't hit the Captain. Then she'd knock him into submission before he knew what hit him.
Nepharski
Well remember, they're both pirates. Human decency isn't high on the priority list. Being awesome, however, is.
Fushi
But Zoro wasn't originally a pirate, and didn't plan it as a career choice. Rather, he hunted them down for years. tongue.gif

He's a swordsman and swordsman have honor. O:
yoko0217
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Mar 23 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]521055[/snapback]
But Zoro wasn't originally a pirate, and didn't plan it as a career choice. Rather, he hunted them down for years. tongue.gif

He's a swordsman and swordsman have honor. O:

exactly, his Ashura pwns
Popogeejo
Zoro and Haruko win.

Lock pls.
Tombow
^^ As requested, closing the thread. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.