Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name A Character That Needed More Show Time?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 18 2011, 02:58 PM) *
And I would have been really interested to learn more about her relationship with Riza. Because it's sort of like "Why is someone so stiff like Riza best friends with someone as crazy as Rebecca?" >.>

That's a good point. It would have been interesting to know how they met and became friends. It could have also showed more depth to Riza's character.
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 18 2011, 06:00 PM) *
That's a good point. It would have been interesting to know how they met and became friends. It could have also showed more depth to Riza's character.

Yeah, I agree. I would have liked to have known more about that side of Riza's character. It could have shown a lot more about her. And Rebecca could have helped shown that.
KimbleeWorshipper
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 18 2011, 05:58 PM) *
I think that Rebecca was super cool and awesome. She could have been a good character for comic relief. And I would have been really interested to learn more about her relationship with Riza. Because it's sort of like "Why is someone so stiff like Riza best friends with someone as crazy as Rebecca?" >.>

Absolutely 100% agree! It is pretty interesting that this girl kind of comes out of no where and is apparently such good friends with Riza. She could tell us a lot about Riza's past that we didn't know before. And I think everyone would like to know more about Riza.

Plus she's such a goof, it'd be fun to have someone like that around more often xD
Neurotripsy
I really would've liked to see more of Lan Fan... And I was so disappointed her fight with Envy was left out of 'Brotherhood'. ;A;
Lightning Flame Alchemist
i reckon Hughes needs more time, especially in Brotherhood. you only get to see him in the first ten episodes O_O not even that i think.
Luxuria-Cat
I know what you guys mean about Rebecca...I thought she was cool and a fun character but it would have been interesting to see more of her, especially her inner emotions since most FMA characters get examined that way...

Oh, and I'd like to have seen more of the Devil's Nest chimeras. Both series.
Pananan
I would have liked to see more of Rebecca, Lan Fan, Greed's crew, and Grumman.
Envy's Lady
Well I would have always liked to see more of Envy and Kimblee. XD

I know other characters need the show time more...but I want to see more of the characters I really like.
Misty- Nala
I have to say Hughes. Definitely Hughes. I couldn't possibly pick any other character.
Why, you ask me?

Well, the whole reason isn't that he is my favourite character. He is an amazing creation but there are actually two reasons why I picked him:

1) He dies. Yep, as simple as that. Pretty much everyone else hangs on to the end (not counting Havoc and others who are thrown out of picture in Anime 1, Manga and or Brotherhood) but Maes dies. He doesn't come back to live. I kept expecting, heck, I kept HOPING he would be revived when manga began to draw to a close but I assume it's probably for the best he stayed six feet under.
I miss this character so much. After he died, I lost much of my interest in any FMA form.

2) It is shown, especially in the first anime, that Maes is more than meets the eye. Usually the goofy characters just stay goofy, they have no character development what so ever. Maes, however, is both a caring a parent, a loving husband, a reliable friend. He is funny and a bit annoying at times but inside he is a wise, intelligent man who takes in everything he sees.

We get to know much about the history of other characters (e.g. Edward, Mustang, Rixa...) but we never learn anything other of Hughes than what his life in Central is like. We don't know about his blood relatives, we don't know whether he has faced dark times in his life (I most certainly believe he has made serious mistakes and undergone depression because, to me, it is very difficult to think Hughes could have become the man he is just by havingleading a faultless life.)

It is very surprising there has been no other information about Hughes in any source, taken how popular a character he is. Well, on the other hand, Arakawa went very minimal with the information we received of characters.
PwnedByPineapple
Like many people have said before, Rebecca. She seems like a cool and hilarious character. I would love to know more about how she became friends with Riza, because that could turn out interesting.

Grumman, too. He totally gives off this vibe of, "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just an awesome old man." I wanted to see more of him.

Oh, and Xing. And everything about it, really.
FullMetalFist
I am going to have to go with the original Greed, I love his character, his attitude, hes the man. It is a shame he really does not have much time in either FMA series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.