Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 69 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Animeoldtimer
Once again Al is treated like the sheep! tongue.gif
Zolf Kimbley
Winry is wearing a miniskirt because it is a fact, that panty-hose keep you warmer then pants. its tighter to your body heat or something like that. ^^'

Also Scar himself said that Kimbley has an incredible memory so why would he not remember Winry's face? O.o It didn't seem that long after he got the picture that the war ended anyway. I'm pretty jittery about the next chapter as well. Kimbley doesn't know about Raven's death yet but he knows he's missing so he can 'move on his own now.' After all the 'trump card' is defiantly Winry and Kimbley is going to take her hostage or something so Elrics won't disobey Fuhrer anymore. (where'd Miles run off?? I thought he was watching Kimbley for Olivia?)
I also doubt that Winry will be turned to Lust. -.- She isn't lust-able. And I have to agree with MonsterEnvy about Winry/Envy thing as well. I never even thought about thay until I read some of these posts.

Raven died yippee! I knew it was going to happen but not so gruesomely. Olivia did say though that she wanted to 'slice him to bits.' I think falling into cement is a good death for him. I have to agree that Olivia is the awesome-est female character so far. biggrin.gif I think Olivia let Raven put Sloth back in the hole to see how much he really knew.
Chiyo
^Its vise-vera. Baggy clothes keep you warm because as your body heat escapes it gets caught under your clothes and becomes your own little radiator.
Sannom
Raven died yippee! I knew it was going to happen but not so gruesomely.

Is this really good news? Now Kimblee has full power from Bradley himself, and I think it was something totally unexpected by Olivia... Kimblee is much worse than Raven if you want my word!
Animeoldtimer
Ok, this is going to sound cheesy, I agree Kimblee is MUCH worse but he's better looking. tongue.gif

(OT: Chiyo, I like your avatar. I was wondering when the next season was officially starting. biggrin.gif )

Zolf Kimbley
Well I wrote that because I'd rather have an Insane man then a lecherous one. And obviously Arakawa-senpai isn't going to take Kimbley out yet.

And Like I said...I wasn't to sure about the miniskirt thing.
Animeoldtimer
Funny how the discussion has gone to Winry's miniskirt. laugh.gif She would be warmest with some long johns and snow pants, but they might restrict movement a bit. tongue.gif

The miniskirt, however, adds cuteness to the character and thus her innocence in the situation becomes more revealing. biggrin.gif How's that??
Chiyo
^Or Kimblee's a perv and told her a skirt would be fine tongue.gif

(Yup OldTimer not too long now, Doctor Who is the one thing the UK will get before the U.S..huzzah)
HisshouBuraiKen
The MQ speed scan of 69 is done, by TMI scans: http://www.fmahq.com/manga/FMA69_MQ_TMI-Speed.zip. Despite being medium quality it's still very well cleaned and the typesetting looks great.
kuzon234ray
I'm just really interested in the message to Roy from Olivia. I was actualy thinking that maybe it has to do something with Ed and Al. And if it is then Ed and Roy are once again crossing paths! Which I love!

PS- On a unrealated note, I was wondering if someone could make me a icon or sig. I can't make then, if you are willing to make me one PLEASE pm me! And if you do thank you!
Tombow
I'm also very much interested to know what's in the message to Mustang!!
I think they are going to coordinate their fight... I just don't know how, because my imagination is way too limited. tongue.gif

OT:
@kuzon234ray - Welcome to the board!! If you like, please come to Newcomers thread and post your "hi!!" Our welcome hosts are there to help answer questions and help you becoming familiar with our board!! biggrin.gif

And, as for the avatar/sig, our talented signature artists can make one for you!!
Check out our FMA-board Sig Shop Directory!! smile.gif
kuzon234ray
I can't wait to figure out what the message is about. I can't wait till chapter 70!

Tombow: Thank you very much for your help!
zinn
@Zolf Kimbley
QUOTE(Zolf Kimbley @ Mar 21 2007, 08:23 AM) [snapback]520338[/snapback]
Also Scar himself said that Kimbley has an incredible memory so why would he not remember Winry's face?

wow i never thought Kimbley knew Winry but if you mention it... yeah. i think he knows she's the daughter of Rockbells too. i really don't want to imagine this but maybe Kimbley would tell Winry how her parents died in Ishivall or something...ugh

by the way, does anyone think Kimbley still have the photo with him?
Sensenic
ZOMGFTA's chapter is out, people!
Chiyo
You know, waiting longer for this scanlation to come out makes the time waiting for the next chapter shorter.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 27 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]522392[/snapback]
You know, waiting longer for this scanlation to come out makes the time waiting for the next chapter shorter.

Certainly. In fact, that was my usual reply to people complaining here when on another chapter they got late too. happy.gif
Chiyo
Well nuts to the people who complain, now I have 69 (many thanks for the link) I didn't realise only have to wait about 2 more weeks for 70.
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Mar 27 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]522384[/snapback]

Oh, thanks, Sensenic!! Thanks, ZOMGFT!! happy.gif
kuzon234ray
Yeah, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*
AA battery
Ah, so it took Winry a week to get to Briggs. Now it makes more sense. XD

(Raven said that it should take one week to fix the underground hole... and when he got pwned I think about one week has passed by.)
Alchemical
I liked this chapter^^ Though, it probably really is her, I agree with some people that the Winry at the end wasn't the real Winry, know what I mean? It's just one of those little nagging feeling that won't go away. It's very possible that it isn't her, too.

Raven's dead! Yay! And the way he went out made me smile:) I really didn't like him...

And Kimbley having the power of the Fuhrer is quite scary... blink.gif

XD
kuzon234ray
Ohhhhhhh,.... gosh I love Kimbley......
TheRainbowConnection
Now that Raven's dead, I wonder what the Briggs people are going to do about Sloth. After all, Maj. Gen. Armstrong knows what's going on and what Sloth is doing. She obviously has to stop him one way or another. But how will having Kimbley there affect it? Is she going to get rid of Kimbley first and then try to retrieve Sloth or try to get him back and fend off Kimbley (and all military authority) at the same time?

Also, I'm pretty excited to see what the new automail will look like. (So if automail will take 3 days to make at top speed, as seen after Ed busted up his arm against Scar, that means that Winry got to Briggs in about half a week? I guess it's doable, since 4 days of sitting on a train would get you pretty far, but pretty uncomfortable. Poor girl.)
Sannom
So if automail will take 3 days to make at top speed, as seen after Ed busted up his arm against Scar, that means that Winry got to Briggs in about half a week?

No she first took care of her customers in Rush Valley. I think that's why she worked on Ed's automail so late in the night : she couldn't afford to waste time on it during the day, because she had more pressing things to do. I think that's why it took her so long to come to Briggs. I want to see her meeting with Olivia, I think it can be funny...
Colette
QUOTE(Triple Soul @ Mar 12 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]516859[/snapback]
Greed!Ling will be seen again, and I know I'm not the only one wondering that.

It's not nice to talk about people behind their backs ='(

Sadly, I'm not into FMA anymore <_> Hopefully there will be a chapter soon that really wows me.
ehxhfdl14
i just can't wait until i can read it myself!!
Tombow
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Mar 28 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]522952[/snapback]
i just can't wait until i can read it myself!!

@ehxhfdl14 - Download for Chapter 69 ZOMGFT English Scanlated version.
Courtesy of Sensenic on Chapter 69 thread. biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 69 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 69 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 69 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 64."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.