Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaiden And Guidebook Scanlations!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Shirokage
This is going to be the thread for hosting the links to Gaidens and Guidebooks (of what we have scanlated so far anyway…). The main reason for creation of a separate thread is because the first post of the omake thread was getting ridiculously long.

For Hagaren omake, please go here: Hagaren Omake Scanlations!

For other works drawn by Arakawa sensei that are not related to Hagaren, please go here: Arakawa sensei’s non-Hagaren works

Some of the gaidens make fun of the storyline, so they might be considered spoilerific. Guidebooks obviously give detailed information about the story, so spoilers abound. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NEW! will mean that this is the first time the page has been scanlated.
Re-archived will mean that this has just been renamed or newly transferred from the omake thread, so it is not new to those who read it there.

The scans providers and translators will be noted beside the link, giving the credit where it is due. If I have left anyone out, please notify me. It is not intentional, but there are just so many things to do. I will just leave credit field of the scanlations that I have done blank, as it would be extremely redundant to type my name over and over. Enjoy!

FMA Perfect Guide: (scans found, translated and edited by AA Battery)
HK Shounen Jump omake
Page 002 - Colour illustration 01
Page 003 - Colour illustration 02
Page 004 - Character poll 01
Page 005 - Character poll 02
Page 008 - Character design
Page 009 - Character guide section cover
Page 010 - Ed's profile 01
Page 011 - Ed's profile 02
Page 012 - Ed's profile 03
Page 013 - Ed's profile 04
Page 014 - Ed's profile 05
Page 015 - Ed's profile 06
Page 069 - State Alchemist Training Lecture section cover
Page 070 - Character relationship flowchart 01
Page 071 - Character relationship flowchart 01
Page 152 - Sketches 01
Page 015 - Sketches 02

FMA Perfect Guide 2: (scanlated by AA Battery)
Cover
Inner cover front
Inner cover back
Page 001 - Gallery 01
Page 002-003 - Gallery 02-03
Page 004-005 - Gallery 04-05
Page 006-007 - Gallery 06-07
Page 008 - Gallery 08
Page 009 - Contents 01
Page 010 - Contents 02
Page 035 - Truth's room
Page 036 - Hagaren gag topic: Qualities of ideal spouses in girl's mind 01
Page 037 - Hagaren gag topic: Qualities of ideal spouses in girl's mind 02
Page 038 - East Area Post: Shocking! The Secret of "Desperate Armor"! 01
Page 039 - East Area Post: Shocking! The Secret of "Desperate Armor"! 02
Page 040 - Show me! Things in Suitcase 01
Page 053 - Test 1: New style for Colonel! Add glasses for him! 01
Page 054 - Test 1: New style for Colonel! Add glasses for him! 02
Page 055 - Test 2: The Brothers' Obstacle 01
Page 056 - Test 2: The Brothers' Obstacle 02
Page 057 - Test 3: Transmutation Circle of Love 01
Page 058 - Test 3: Transmutation Circle of Love 02
Page 095 - Cult Quiz 01
Page 096 - Cult Quiz 02
Page 097 - Cult Quiz 03
Page 098 - Cult Quiz 04
Page 167 - Cult Quiz Anwsers

FMA Volume 03 Gaiden: Military Party (Scanlated by Toriyama World.)
Page 01 Page 02 Page 03 Page 04 Page 05
Page 06 Page 07 Page 08 Page 09 Page 10

FMA Volume 04 Gaiden: Dog of the Military? (scanlated by Toriyama World.)

NEW! FMA Volume 14 Gaiden: The Elric Family Omake (scanlated by CSakuraS)
Page 06 Page 07 Page 08

Roy Mustang Observation Diary (a joint project between AA Battery, _melee_ and me - a short novel about the evaluation of Roy by his subordinates)
Front cover
Back cover
Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15
Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20
Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25
Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30
Page 31 Page 32 Page 33

FMA Book in Figure Red Gaiden: Simple People (Scanlated by Eternal Manga Scanlation Group. Permission pending.)
Page 06 Page 07 Page 08 Page 09

FMA Book in Figure Blue Gaiden: His Battlefield Once More (Scanlated by CSakuraS and Umeko.)
Postcard 01 Postcard 02 Postcard 03 Postcard 04 Postcard 05

FMA Perfect Guide 2 Gaiden: Tales of a Master (Scanlated by CSakuraS and Umeko.)
Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15
Page 16
Front cover
Omake

Interview with Arakawa-sensei: (from Yahoo!JapanBooks, translated by Anime-Source, and posted by Tombow)
Interview post

Warning! Series Final Spoilers below!
"Another Journey's End" Gaiden (Takes place after chapter 108/end of the manga)

"Hohenheim" short gaiden from Vol. 27

(Post updated Feb. 10, 2011. ~ Michiyo)
Tombow
@Shirokage - The thread looks great!! Thank you!!! happy.gif
Shirokage
@Tombow
This thread probably isn't going to be updated a lot (so it'll stay nice, short and pretty), unless I can scrape up enough free time and energy to work on the Perfect Guides again. (But that's kind of unlikely, considering the backlog of omakes need to be done...unless someone lends a hand? I swear, the omakes come out faster than hyper breeding rabbits!)

Another thing: Should I actually upload the "Military Party" and "Dog of the Military?" gaidens? Or has everybody have them? Am I actually allowed to upload them?
Tombow
@Shirokage - Considering other stuff on this forum, IMO, I think it should be allowed. unsure.gif
And, since I haven't seen them, (although I haven't checked every posts in this forum,) if you could, could you upload them?? Please!!?? biggrin.gif
(At your leisure, of course.. ^^)
Chiisana
Woa!! Gonna love this thread! xD Thank you for uploading them!
Shirokage
Added the "Military Party" and "Dog of the Military?" gaidens. I'm sure everybody has read them, but oh well, whatever...
Tombow
@Shirokage - Thank you!! Your Omake threads are simply awesome!! happy.gif
As we keep getting "fresh" new FMA managa fans on this board, it's so nice to have these so that they can all enjoy those Omake!! biggrin.gif

ETA:
Since we seem to have lost the other thread long time ago on this, I'm posting this one here (so that I don't lose it.. ^^) ....

From Yahoo-Japn!Books

Arakawa-sensei's interview on Hagaren (FMA) manga series.

荒川弘 2004年9月22日掲載
鋼の錬金術師 荒川弘/著
荒川弘
 “ハガレン”をご存じだろうか。放映中のテレビアニメが大人気の『鋼(はがね)の錬金術師』のことだ。超人的な錬金術を駆使する兄弟が主人公の、異世界ファンタジー。ファンは親しみをこめてハガレンと呼ぶ。 原作は、2001年から「少年ガンガン」に連載されているコミック。単行本は現在第8巻まで刊行され、累計1200万部。続刊を待ちこがれるファンは巻を追うごとに増えている。ベテランの手になる作品かと思いきや、作者の荒川弘さんは連載開始時点でデビュー2年目、これが初連載だったという。コミック史に残るだろうゴールデン・ヒット作を生んだ、彼女の“錬金工程”とは?
プロフィール
北海道生まれ。「STRAY DOG」が、「少年ガンガン」の第9回21世紀マンガ大賞にて大賞を受賞。1999年、「少年ガンガン」8月号にて同作品が掲載されデビューを飾る。 2001年、「少年ガンガン」8月号より「鋼の錬金術師」の連載が開始。同作が2003年10月よりMBS・TBS系全国ネットで連続テレビアニメ化される。『鋼の錬金術師』は、2004年、第49回(平成15年度)小学館漫画賞少年向け部門を受賞。さらに、2005年夏には映画版が公開される予定。。

インタビュー

――初連載がいきなり爆発的大ヒット。新人作家が連載を持つにいたった経緯は?

「最初は、読み切り作品の予定だったんです。でも、絵コンテを担当編集者に送ったら“これは連載にしましょう”と。一話完結のストーリーなのに“どうすりゃいいのよ!?”(笑)。半月くらい転げ回って、連載にするための構想を考えました」

――それから4年目の今、次々に現れる人物が複雑に絡み合い、物語世界はどんどん広がっています。

「連載を開始するにあたって、まず考えたのが最終回の大体の構想。テーマはすでにあったから、結末が決まれば、あとはそこにいたるまでに何が必要かを考えればいい。その部分は、連載しながら進めていきました。今、最終話までのエピソードは用意できています。ただ、物語が進むにつれて主人公が成長している。だから、それぞれのエピソードに来た段階で、彼らがどんなリアクションをするのか、それは私にもまだわかりません」

――最初の段階ですでに決まっていたテーマとは?

「何かを欲するならば、それと同等の価値のものを差し出さなければならない、ということ。作品の中では『等価交換』と言っています。錬金術についての本を何冊か読んでいたら、この言葉に出会った。これはいけそうだな、と思いました。ネタが“降りてきた”瞬間です」

――琴線に触れたわけですね。もしや等価交換の法則を、それまでの人生で実感していた?

「それはあるかも(笑)! 実家が北海道の酪農家なんです。農家の仕事って、やればやるだけ返ってくるし、さぼればその分、最後に苦労する。ウチの先祖は開拓民として北海道に渡ったんですが、当時の話を伝え聞いても、等価交換、まったくその通りで」

――ハガレンの源は酪農だった、と。

「“働かざる者、食うべからず”がウチの家訓ですから(笑)。でも実際、過去の悲しいことやいやなことが“ああ、今の自分にプラスになっているな”と思えることってありますよね。どんなことでも、時間をおいて振り返ると、ちゃんと糧になっている。そういうことは、ずっと感じていました」

ハガレン世界における錬金術の掟、それが等価交換だ。主人公エドワード(=エド)と弟のアルフォンス(=アル)は、亡くなった母をよみがえらせようと、禁断の人体錬成を試みる。だがそれは不完全なものに終わった上、大きな代償を払うことになる。エドは左足、アルは肉体そのものを失ってしまった。そしてエドは自分の右腕を代償にアルの魂を練成し、鎧に定着させた。すべてを取り戻すすべを見つけるべく、二人は旅路につく。戻るべき家を、自ら焼き払って……。

――やむにやまれぬ理由があるにしても、放浪の旅というのは、読者の子どもたちにとってはあこがれだと思います。荒川さん自身も子どものころ、放浪願望があった?

「放浪というか、“あっちへずっと歩いて行ったら、どうなっているんだろう”なんていうのはありました。農地の中に、山がありますよね……って、あるんですよ山が(笑)。で、“これをこえたら、海が見えるかな”と思って、登ってみたらまた山で、ちくしょー、みたいな(笑)。今も、もし車を与えられたら、どっか行っちゃうと思う。日本の端から端まで、地続きのところは全部行っちゃうだろうなあ。でもそういうことは、自分の家がちゃんとあるから、安心してできるんだと思う」

――エドとアルは、戻れる場所を自分から消してしまいます。

「でもね、『オレたちに帰るところはない』と言ってますけど、実際には故郷に帰れば迎えてくれる人がいる。本人たちは気づいていないだろうけど、周りの人たちが支えてくれていて、だから彼らも頑張れるんですよね」

――そうした救いを用意したのは、描いていて作者がつらくならないように?

「いえ(キッパリ)! 私はね、世の中はそんなにひどいことばかりではない、と思うんですよ。テレビなんかの報道を見ると、孤独感を持つ子どもが最近多いみたいだけど。でも、大人は子どものことを無視しているわけじゃなくて、見るところはちゃんと見てる。うん、大人はちゃんと見てますよ」

――それも、これまでの人生経験から?

「農村で育ったから、大人がいつも身近にいたんです。学校帰りに農道を歩いていると、どっかに必ず農作業してる大人がいて、声をかけてくれる。働く大人が常にそばにいて、子どもたちはそれを見て育つ。忙しい時期には子どもも農作業にかり出されて、文句言いながら手伝って。そういう土地柄だったので、“大人はちゃんと見ていてくれるな”という実感は、小さいころからありました」

荒川弘 2004年9月22日掲載
鋼の錬金術師 荒川弘/著

インタビュー (Continues)

本作の特徴のひとつは、悲惨なエピソードを重ねる中で、生きることを力強く肯定していること。時に絶望的なシーンがありながらも、決して読者を追い込むことがない。

――シリアスなシーンが続いても、必ずどこかに爆笑ギャグが挿入されますね。

「息づまる展開ばかりだと、読んでいて苦しくなってくるでしょうから。エンターテインメントだから、やっぱり楽しく読んでもらいたいんですよ。自分が子どものころに読んだ漫画を思い返すと、楽しく読めたものと、そうでなかったものがある。私は精神的にドロドロした漫画って、読んでいるとキツくなって楽しめなかった。だから自分が描くときは、子どもの時に何が面白かったか、というのを思い出すようにしています」

――どんな漫画を読んでいたんですか。

「何でもアリでしたね。姉が『少年ジャンプ』と『週刊マーガレット』を読んでいて(笑)、さらにいとこがたくさんいるので、あらゆるジャンルの漫画がそのへんに転がっていた。特に肌に合ったのは、『少年ジャンプ』と『少年サンデー』かな」

――漫画家になろうと思ったのは、いつごろですか。

「小さいころから、漫画なり絵なりで食べていけたらいいなあ、と思っていた。学生時代は、いわゆる“教科書の落書き”レベルだったんですが、卒業後は実家の農業を手伝いながら油絵を習ったり、歴史好きの友だちと『三国志』の同人誌を作ったり。ライターをしている友人に誘われて、競馬雑誌に4コマ漫画を描いたりもしました。でも、本格的なストーリー漫画を描いたのは、デビュー作になった投稿作品が初めてです」

初めて描いた漫画「STRAY DOG」で「ありがたいことに賞をいただいて」、 99年に「少年ガンガン」からデビュー。担当編集者によると「個性的な上に、とにかく完成度が高かった」。デビュー作に通じるところがあるというハガレンも、独特の世界観が卓越した画力と相まって、読者をぐんぐん引き込んでいく。

――小説などとは違う漫画の面白さに“絵で見せる”というのがあります。ハガレンでは、背景にさりげなく描き込まれたものが、物語の伏線になっていたりする。

「ふふふ……。そういうものを仕込む楽しみって、ありますね。後のエピソードで、それがきれいにつながると気持ちいい。伏線に気づいてもらえなくても支障はないんですが、たとえば2回目に読んだ時“あ、これは”って思ってもらえたら“してやったり!”。逆に、自分で1巻から読み返して“あ、これ伏線に使えるじゃない”と思うこともあって。そういう時は、過去の自分をほめたいですね(笑)」

――もうひとつ、“誰も見たことのない世界を見せる”楽しみもあるのでは。作中、エドが“真理”をかいま見るシーンがあります。でも真理なんて、実際には誰もビジュアルとして見ることはできない。

「そうなんですよ~。絵コンテの段階で“こんな感じか?”って、自分なりのイメージをモヤモヤした絵で描いたんですが、いざ作画に入ると“どうしよう、どうしよう、どうしよう”……。締切の日まで、そのページだけ残したまま考え込んでいましたね」

――しかもあのシーン、まだ続きがありそうな気配が

「ふふふ、どうなるんでしょうね……」

テレビアニメは10月2日に最終回を迎えるが、コミックのほうは「そろそろ折り返し地点かな、という段階」だそうだ。今後展開するエピソードの伏線も、絵の中にちりばめてあるという。どうやらハガレンは、まだまだ錬成途上。いったいどこまで輝きを増していくのか、まぶしさに眩みながらも目が離せない。
(萩原まゆみ)

Translation at Anime -Source

Notes:
- 'Episodes' here refers to the episodes of the manga, and not the anime series at all.
- This translation does not follow the original source's colour scheme.
- Text within '[ ]' are my own comments.

Interview with Hiromu Arakawa ( Published on 22nd September 2004 )
We are all acquainted with "Hagaren", right. A very popular television anime "Fullmetal Alchemist" that is currently broadcasting. The protaganists are a pair of brothers who uses superhuman alchemy in a fantasy world different from ours. Fans intimately call it by "Hagaren".

The original work is still serialised in Shounen Gangan Comics since 2001. Up to Volume 8 of the compilations [ 単行本 tankoubon ] have been published, reaching a total sales of 12 million copies. The number of fans who yearn for its continuing publications and chasing after every volume, is increasing. Contrary to the thinking that a veteran hand did these works, the author is Arakawa Hiromu-san who started her serialisation debut 2 years ago and this can be said to be her first serialised work. For one who created a golden hit and probably left a mark in comic history, what is her [ 彼女 kanojo!!! ] "alchemical process"?

Born in Hokkaidou. Her "Straydog" won the first prize in the 21st Century "Shounen Gangan" 9th Awards. In 1999, the same work debuted in the August edition of "Shounen Gangan". "Fullmetal Alchemist" started its serialisation from the August 2001 issue of "Shounen Gangan". The same work was adapted into an anime series, broadcasted nationally on MBS-TBS since October 2003. In 2004, "Fullmetal Alchemist" won an award at the 49th Manga Publisher Awards, Shounen Section. Furthermore, a movie edition has been announced for the summer of 2005.

Interview
-- Your first serialised work is a tremendous success all of a sudden. Tell us the whole story of how a newcomer come to have her works serialised.

At the beginning, I was contracted for a one-shot publication. However, the editor-in-charge of the storyboards passed down a request, "Let us serialise this, okay...". With a story that is meant to be completed in one chapter at this time, "How on earth am I going to do it?" (laughs). I pounded my brains for around half a month, thinking about ideas to serialise this work.

-- 4 years have passed then and now, characters appearing one after another are being entangled in the compexities of your steadily expanding story world.

At the time of the start of serialisation, the outline for the plot of the final part was first considered. Since I already decided the them then, once the conclusion has been decided, I can plan for whatever is necessary for whatever is needed to achieve that conclusion later. This portion is still progressing as the serialised work continues. The episodes from now till the final conclusion are being prepared. As usual, the story progresses as the protaganists grow. Therefore, with each coming episode, how their reactions will be, even I will still not know.

-- The theme was already decided at the start?

There is a saying that if you desire something, you should give up something of equivalent value for it. This can be said to be "Equivalent Trade" in my work. In any of the books talking about alchemy, this saying will appear. I thought this was how life should be like. The theme material was a moment of inspiration kind of thing.

-- Something that tugs at the heartstrings, eh. Regarding the perception on the laws of equivalent trade, is it your personal feelings about life?

Yes, it is (laugh)! My parents are dairy farmers in Hokkaidou. The work of a farm family besides being monotonous and forever, is moreover difficult. If you are lazy, you will only suffer hardships at the end. Our ancestors were the pioneers who came over to Hokkaidou, their stories were passed down by word, but they lived in perfect accordance to the principle of equivalent trade.

-- So, the origin of Hagaren is in farming.

Because my family's precept is "Those who don't work, don't get to eat!" (laugh). However in reality, the sad and unwanted events of the past can be thought of as "Ah, we are more fortunate now.", right. However whatever it is, looking back at the times can become a good source of nutrients (for our minds). I continue to feel for that sort of thing.

The law for alchemy in the Hagaren world is Equivalent Trade. The main character Edward (=Ed) and his younger brother Alphonse (=Al) in trying to resurrect their dead mother, try out the forbidden Human Transmutation. However on top of the end product being imperfect, they were made to pay a very high price for it. Ed lost his left leg, Al completely lost his body itself. Therefore Ed used his own right arm as the price to transmute Al's soul as well as affixing it to a suit of armour. To discover a way to get back their original bodies, the two set off on a journey. The house they should return to, they burn it down personally......

-- Even though there is a compulsory motive, as far as what the young readers (children) are concerned, they will be yearning for a wandering journey, I think. Arakawa-san, did you have such wanderlust when you were a child yourself?

Talking about wanderlust, "If I took a few steps over there, what would have happened" can be said as what I had then. In the farmlands, there were mountains.... and just mountains (laugh). Then I had thought "If I cross over this, I will get to see the sea", go up one and there is another mountain, damn, something like that (laugh). Actually now, supposing if I were given a car, where would I think of going to. Perhaps travel all the places from one end of Japan to the other. However, because I possess a house of my own, I can have peace of mind to think of things like that.

-- Ed and Al completely destroyed the home they can return to.

Yes, but though they say "For us, there is no place to return to", in practice, there will always be people in their home town to welcome them back once they return. Although they themselves are not aware of it, they are given comfort and support by those around them, that is why they keep trying their best.

-- It seems that such intentions of comforting feelings means that the author sketching it out must have had heart-breaking experiences?

No (clearly)! For me, I have not suffered a lot of dreadful stuff in the world, so I have to think them up. However you can see from the sort of stuff on television's news that it seems like the number of children feeling lonely is increasing. But it is not as if the adults are ignoring the children's state of affairs, you can perfectly see what is visible. Yeah, adults clearly see it.

-- More on that, is it because of your life's experiences so far?

Since I was raised on a farm, I always have had adults nearby. Walking back along the farm road from school, without fail there will always be some adults doing farmwork and they will greet you as you come along. A working adult will always be nearby, keeping watch over the growing children. The children will even come out during the busy seasons, assisting with the farmwork without complaints. Due to that sort of local culture/tradition, the feeling of "Adults should perfectly watch over us" is something I have from young.

A characteristic of my work is that amongst the tragedies piled up in an episode, the will to live is reassuringly affirmed. Nonetheless for scenes in which times are desperate, the readers are never led into a painful situation.

-- Even if serious scenes are going on, you will without fail interject humourous scenes, eh.

Whenever a chilling scenes unfolds, it might be painful to read, I guess. Since it is entertainment, you want to read for fun as well. I think back to when I was a child myself reading mangas, the joy I get when reading then is not something I have now. When I am emotional, I read sappy mangas, which is appropriate but not enjoyable. So therefore when I draw, I aim to recall whatever was interesting during my childhood and can be told.

-- What kind of mangas did you read?

Every kind there is. My elder sister reads "Shounen Jump" and "Weekly Margaret" (laugh). Moreover since I have a lot of cousins, I increasingly found it funny to have every genre of manga. Those that especially suited my disposition are "Shounen Jump" and "Shounen Sunday".

- Roughly when did you think of becoming a mangaka?

Since I was little, I had thought that it will be nice to draw mangas for a living. In my student years, I reached the "textbook graffiti" level, but after graduation, I was practicing oil paintings while helping out on my family's farm, as well as creating a doujin on the "Annals of the Three Kingdoms" with a bunch of history loving friends. I was called out by my friends to be a writer, and drew some yonkoma mangas [ 4 panel comics ] in a horse racing magazine. However, for drawing a genuine story manga, my debut work was the one that became my first submitted piece.

My first drawn manga "Straydog" "thankfully won an award" and debuted in Shounen Gangan in 1999. According to the editor-in-charge, "On top of it being unique, generally speaking, the degree of perfection was high". The debut work can be said to have led to Hagaren, the unique presented outlooks coupled with excellent drawings steadily win over readers.

-- It is said that a manga is different from novels and the like, in that it presents its interesting content by "showing through drawings". In Hagaren, the backgrounds are things that casually draws you in, and then forms up the subplots of the story or such.

Hu hu hu...... preparing such things can be said to be enjoyable. It feels good to tidy them up in the later episodes. Having the subplot not making me anxious means that there are no stumbling blocks in it, but in reading it for a second time for example, if something gives me that "Ah, this..." thought, then "That did it!" Conversely, when I reread my first volume, I had lots of thoughts of "Ah, it cannot be that this subplot was used." At times like that, I want to praise my past self (laugh).

-- Once more, "To show a world nobody has seen before" is a reason for enjoyment. In your works, after all, there is a scene where Ed sees the "Truth". However what the Truth is, no one has ever been able to see it with their own eyes in reality.

That is quite true... During the storyboard stage, I was like "What kind of impression would it be?", I sketched out my own fuzzy image of this, but then entered into a state of drawing that went "like how, like how, like how"...... This is the only page that still remains to be pondered upon until the day of the conclusion.

-- Nevertheless that scene probably will continue to become a market trend...

Hu hu hu, whatever happens will happen, I guess......

The last part of the television anime ends on October 2nd. The comic perhaps seems to have reached "a stage of a turning point". How the subplots of the subsequent episodes go from here, is said to be still in the midst of drawings and sketches. Somehow or the other, Hagaren has still more to transmute along the way. As to generally how far its radiance will grow, it would not be far from dazzling our eyes till we are dizzy.
TheWingedAlchemist
AWESOME!!!
Chyou
So. Many. FMA. Pretties! O.O *overload*
Forsaken Love
erm, i hope i don't annoy anyone but um is there any links for the blind alchemist anywhere? Its probably the only fma related work I havn't read and I really want to, I did have a hunt for it, but no luck in finding it, could any one help me?
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 9 2009, 07:02 PM) *
erm, i hope i don't annoy anyone but um is there any links for the blind alchemist anywhere? Its probably the only fma related work I havn't read and I really want to, I did have a hunt for it, but no luck in finding it, could any one help me?

Here you go ^^:
http://www.4shared.com/file/12448768/fca46...iden_Blind.html (seems to be translated from Chinese, but ohhh well).
thunderbreak
3rd guidebook pics from baidu
included ed,riza hawkeye,some izumi and roy ,and 4komas
high resolution.there are some typing in japanese about the guidebook
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=588302875

2nd page
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=588302875&c...CA%A6&pn=30

got falman,ling,yuki,and about xiao mei's strongest pyramid
Gimpyhair
amber1003 from DeviantArt has bought "Perfect guide book vol.3" and inside there was questions/answers about various characters. I don't want to copy-paste her translation, since it's unfair to her, but here's the link: http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/27736965/

There's many interesting questions such as:
What's going on the other side of the truth's door?
How far did Mustang decipher the secret of Master Hawkeye?
What was Ross doing in Xing?
How rude word did Bradley say when going on a date with his wife?
etc.

If you are on deviantart, watch her, she gives us many informations about FMA smile.gif Also, leaves some "thank you" comments smile.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the link, Gimpyhair! Arakawa revealed some interesting facts again. biggrin.gif
mellulah
Haha XD I LOVE the story about Bradley and his wife. The fact he asked Lust and Envy for advice on woman and then just ended up commenting about her bum.
Gimpyhair
I must say, I liked the BradleyxWife pairing before, but after reading this, I'm now a fan! biggrin.gif And asking Envy and Lust for advice? They nearly act like a real family!

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/64/09/ biggrin.gif
Kaleidoscope
Thanks for the link! These are so great. I always liked Ross, but she just jumped about a thousand cool points in my mind. I want to see a gaiden about her adventures in Xing.
Sannom
Does it mean that Lin doesn't need immortality anymore now that Maria has risen the Yao Clan's reputation single-handedly?
mazam
Sure Ed, it's really hard to get that hair cut. Winry and Pinako can do automail but not hair. Bet it's even harder finding a barber from town to town. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your daddy at all. *rolls eyes* tongue.gif

I love the bit about Bradley and his wife. I wonder what her name is now?
Ropespinner
Hamsterfactor on Livejournal has scanned the gaiden from Perfect Guidebook 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?2njjmny54zh

Page-py-page view (smaller resolution, should work better if you have a slow Internet connection):
Page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6, page 7, page 8, page 9, page 10, page 11, page 12

Thanks of the scans go to Hamsterfactor. I would also be very thankful if someone could translate the gaiden.
Tombow
Thank you, Hamsterfactor for the scan, and Ropespinner for bringing that for us! happy.gif
I can probably translate it this weekend. I can't do it right now because I'm in a middle of doing other stuff, but sometime later today or tomorrow. ^^ Unless, someone can find some translation already made, or someone else would like to take a shot at translating it.
It's a nice short story that makes you feel "d'awww." ^^
AA battery
Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guidebook 3 Gaiden - Long Night

cuz I had to beat everyone to it lololololololol

Enjoy! Took me like two hours oTL

The links are jumbled up thanks to fail!Photobucket, so start clicking from page 11 -> page 1, and then page 12.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12

Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/39dg6h
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?oza2iwjnygm
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OBTUJ5UF

Almost cried when Al was saying how he couldn't feel pain etcetc ;-; and then crack pages right after lol
Ropespinner
Thank you so much AA battery!

I can't help but notice that the pages are in a wrong order in the page-by-page view (page 1 is 11th, page 2 is 10th...). They're in the right order in the download, though.

Anyway, thanks for scanlating the gaiden.
Tombow
QUOTE (AA battery @ Oct 24 2009, 10:50 PM) *
cuz I had to beat everyone to it lololololololol

@AA battery - LOL! biggrin.gif And, nice job! ^^ Thank you!! happy.gif
Sannom
Thanks AA battery! Den is epic in that thing. And lol at Ed and Winry trying to figure out Al's thoughts even though he has no expression.

And poor Al, not being able to sense anything must really suck. It's good to see that he got to think of happier things in those lonely nights.
Michiyo-
Thanks for scanlating the gaiden, AA battery! ^^
AA battery
QUOTE (Ropespinner @ Oct 25 2009, 02:20 AM) *
Thank you so much AA battery!

I can't help but notice that the pages are in a wrong order in the page-by-page view (page 1 is 11th, page 2 is 10th...). They're in the right order in the download, though.

Anyway, thanks for scanlating the gaiden.

Yeah, someone else told me that on LJ too. I dunno why it became out of oder when I uploaded them to photobucket... OH WELL, too lazy to change it Hahahhahahahhahaha XD
Kaleidoscope
Awww, thanks! That was such a cute story!
kkg22104
Thanks for the scanlation, AA battery! biggrin.gif

I love little Ed and little Winry, they're adorable :3 And I feel sorry for Al, but I'm glad the story has a happy ending happy.gif
Krazzy Angel
The links for perfect guidebook 2 are not working. The photos cannot be opened. Could anyone fix it?
FMAobsessed
Thanks for the scans AA battery! That was really sad. I felt really bad for Al. And I felt bad for Ed seeing him without his limbs or automail. But Ed and Winry were very cute.
Sensenic
Uah, almost missed it!!

Thanks a lot AA! I'll go thank hamsterfactor at LJ too. ^o^
Ulfhade
I believe this is the place to post my query.

I am on a quest! For weeks I have scoured the realms of the internet, to no avail! My prize has eluded me! However, I have heard rumors of hope being found here!

I have been searching for the Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guidebook 2, either in (nice quality) RAW, or (preferably) scanlated into English. I know that it used to be available here at the Gaiden and Guidebook Scanlations thread, but the photobucket that hosts them is inactive and private. ^^;

I have searched to the best of my internet abilities, and even had some friends and family offer to help look, but its all been to no avail. The only thing that has shown up is a small, poor quality RAWs, with some Spanish translation in it. Which I don't understand. U_U; (I have seen some links for French or Portuguese, but again-I cannot understand it.)
I've hit every site I've seen not only on here, but though Google and other search engines, rapidshares and megauploads, anything and everything that I could think of.

To be honest, I'm also looking for the PG3, but nowhere near as hard as the PG2. Though I have found a nice RAW of the Character Guide which I don't see on here, so I would love to offer it in case anyone is looking for that. Though, I don't see anyone requesting it.... ^^;;

I have reached the end of my rope, along the internet help. And so, I beseech you. If anyone knows at all, where I could find some, well.... you would have not only my eternal gratitude, but me willing to do whatever I could for you in regards to my best abilities in thanks.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Yes, thats correct. ^^;; If that is your photobucket, I would really really appreciate it if it was logged into. Thank you! Also, if there was anything that I could do, please let me know. Thank you.

And thank you for correcting my post, Tombow. Happy New Year to you all!
Tombow
@AA battery - I think Ulfhade above is desperately searching for English scanlated pages of FMA Guidebook II.
Assuming this Photobucket account (the one with all the scan pics for FMA Guidebook-2) is yours, could you kindly log on to that Photobucket account again, so that we can see all the scan pics for FMA Guidebook-2 with your scanlation again?? unsure.gif

Thank you, and a happy new year!! Hope you had an awesome New Year's holidays!! biggrin.gif
AA battery
I have long forgotten the password of that account lol... It has probably been 3+ years since I last used it. 8D;

Good that at least I had a real e-mail address so password recovery worked... someone go try the links and tell me if they all work now. Gawd look at all those scans in the bucket. Can't believe I wasted so much time making them... my editing skills really sucked back then.

Though I have found a nice RAW of the Character Guide which I don't see on here, so I would love to offer it in case anyone is looking for that. Though, I don't see anyone requesting it.... ^^;;

I have the hardcopy lolll.
Tombow
Yes, the pics (scans) are showing now! Thank you, AA battery !! happy.gif *hugs*
Ulfhade
Oh, thank you very, very much!

QUOTE (AA Battery)
I have the hardcopy lolll.

Aah, I'm sorry then. ^^; I'm getting a hardcopy of the 2nd and 3rd Guidebooks, but from the previous posts I believe you have those as well. Was there anything else I could do to thank you?
AA battery
Well, it would be nice to have full scans of the 3rd guidebook... I don't remember if anyone posted that before... I didn't buy the 3rd guidebook yet and I don't know if I'll buy it. As for the 1st and 2nd guidebook hardcopies, it's the official Chinese version that I own, not the Japanese version so I scanlated from the Chinese versions. Character guidebook I do have the Japanese version hardcopy since I came across it for a cheap price.

(though asking for scans here doesn't mean I'll scanlate anything... let's clarify that before anyone make assumptions. XD; )
Ulfhade
As soon as I get it, I'll scan it for you! My only hang up is when its shipped to me. Its waiting on an order with some other items, so it could take a while. D= But it is the Japanese language, I made sure of that when ordering.

And of course, its just a scan of it for anyone who wants to download it. No assumptions for scanlating here. =)
Ryan Hawkeye

finally found the Guidebooks!! Yey!!

hey, do you have these files in a .zip or .rar files? can you please send a link to me if you have them in rar or zip?

thanks.

btw, I'm a newbie here, so if this is an offence by requesting things like this, please tell me so.
AA battery
QUOTE (Ryan Hawkeye @ Jan 7 2010, 09:13 PM) *
finally found the Guidebooks!! Yey!!

hey, do you have these files in a .zip or .rar files? can you please send a link to me if you have them in rar or zip?

request denied.

Reasons:
1) I don't keep these files in my computer. They are like what, 3+ years old and I don't look at them.
2) I am not going to spend more than an hour organizing these files when I can rest instead. When I scanlate comics, I upload them somewhere and I never look at them again.

So you can either take your time and click through the photobucket links, look for these files elsewhere, or pray that someone else will be willing to zip them up for you.

And no, it's not an offense to make a request. It's just that I don't bother fulfilling them most of the time. It's either I reply saying that I won't do it, or I simply ignore them.
Anomia Grey
hey guys! I'm looking for an FMA 'special' called Akatsuki no Ouji, about a state visit from the prince of Aerugo. I found a scanlation of the prologue on mangahelpers ( http://mangahelpers.com/s/frankyhouse/details/53441 ) but I can't for the world find the rest of the chapter, and the first 8 pages are just INFURIATINGLY TANTALISING! Does anyone have an English translation/scanlation? Or even a Chinese scan?
Katya Martin
As far as I know, that was just a preview for the Wii game of the same name, and no more manga was made for it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
AA battery
QUOTE (Anomia Grey @ Jan 31 2010, 08:09 AM) *
hey guys! I'm looking for an FMA 'special' called Akatsuki no Ouji, about a state visit from the prince of Aerugo. I found a scanlation of the prologue on mangahelpers ( http://mangahelpers.com/s/frankyhouse/details/53441 ) but I can't for the world find the rest of the chapter, and the first 8 pages are just INFURIATINGLY TANTALISING! Does anyone have an English translation/scanlation? Or even a Chinese scan?

Katya Martin is correct; that is merely a preview for the FMA Wii game Akatsuki no Ouji. If you want to know the continuation you'll have to play the Wii game itself to find out. You can go check out the game section of this forum. There are two big threads about them.
Anomia Grey
QUOTE (AA battery @ Jan 31 2010, 02:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Anomia Grey @ Jan 31 2010, 08:09 AM) *

Katya Martin is correct; that is merely a preview for the FMA Wii game Akatsuki no Ouji. If you want to know the continuation you'll have to play the Wii game itself to find out. You can go check out the game section of this forum. There are two big threads about them.

Thanks guys, unfirtunately I don't own a wii but I'll probably find some sort of summary on the net.
mellulah
So I'm wondering. Was there ever a translation of this? It's a personality test but what I'm really interested in is what Envy is saying about each homunculus at the end.
Winry Chi
Thank you to everyone who posted scans, and to any translators of the scans!
YourViolentStalker
Did anyone ever scan in the third guidebook? If not, I could try and "scan" (and by scan, I mean take pictures of the pages with my digital camera) in the pages. It wouldn't be anything super high quality, but I don't think your eyes would bleed from the sheer ugliness of it, either. Something like these:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/Yo...ook%203/Ex1.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/Yo...ook%203/Ex2.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/Yo...ook%203/Ex3.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/Yo...ook%203/Ex4.jpg

Aaand if we have gotten scans, disregard me, and sorry for being blind. xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.