Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaiden And Guidebook Scanlations!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
hilary
hi eveybody~ it's me again XP~~
Today I've bought the perfect guidebook3,and I've used
my scanner to scan some pages of it (not full)
I will post them later with the link of baidu
but I'm sorry to tell you all that it will be the chinese ver. one..
it maybe a hard work for someone to read it
so.. if you all don't mind
I can help to translate those pages that you want to see
hope you all enjoy it : D

by: hil
paca
QUOTE (hilary @ Jun 3 2010, 04:55 AM) *

wow! great! I couldn't get it >_> grrrr
thanks a lot hil!! <3
surely I will want some help with translation to understand what's going on biggrin.gif(my sister can only translete me japanese stuff >_>)
hilary
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 5 2010, 07:12 AM) *
QUOTE (hilary @ Jun 3 2010, 04:55 AM) *

wow! great! I couldn't get it >_> grrrr
thanks a lot hil!! <3
surely I will want some help with translation to understand what's going on biggrin.gif(my sister can only translete me japanese stuff >_>)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=787717082

here you're~~ : D
just tell me which pages you would like to know more
and I will help with translation biggrin.gif
paca

thank you <3333333333
I will surely bother you and ask for some pages xD

*goes to see*

Bradly being slaped is great xDDDD his eye could see that one coming...
Find the differences! yay! mm..*plays*
Ling's game ! lol
Arakawa draws Alex as a potatoe >_> that explains havock's thinking....

O: here is the sad story with Al Ed and Winry :_: ~~

it looks like it's the last guide isn't it?

Roy has many pages or Ed's pages are missing xDDDD
boyaki daialy???
deet-tastic
I saw "Bradley being slapped.." and had a meltdown squeeel. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let this be the soon-to-be-mrs.Bradley-first-date-slap! I've been waiting to see this for SO long!!
*Runs off to baidu!

B'aww. It doesn't look like it's an actual mini-story. It's just talking about it sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I'm interested to see what that Arakawa interview says though biggrin.gif
hilary
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 5 2010, 09:01 PM) *
thank you <3333333333
I will surely bother you and ask for some pages xD

*goes to see*

Bradly being slaped is great xDDDD his eye could see that one coming...
Find the differences! yay! mm..*plays*
Ling's game ! lol
Arakawa draws Alex as a potatoe >_> that explains havock's thinking....

O: here is the sad story with Al Ed and Winry :_: ~~

it looks like it's the last guide isn't it?

Roy has many pages or Ed's pages are missing xDDDD
boyaki daialy???

actually the pages of roy and ed are nearly same XDD
but I found that some more pages about roy is more interesting
so I scanned them only : P~

to deet-tastic:
ok~~ biggrin.gif
I will try to translate it soon~~ wink.gif
_Jelly
HAHA http://hiphotos.baidu.com/hilalchemist/pic...c3d213f2e81.jpg

I MUST know what they are saying on the right page |-D

EDIT: oh, it didnt work D: well, the one with the miniskirts is the one i mean =]
paca
QUOTE (hilary @ Jun 6 2010, 04:05 AM) *
actually the pages of roy and ed are nearly same XDD
but I found that some more pages about roy is more interesting
so I scanned them only : P~

hahah xD of course we actually know more about Ed...
could you translate some of the Roy pages? just the things you find interesting _ ...xD
Gimpyhair
Quick questions:
- How many guidebooks are there? 3 or 4?
- I have the first guidebook in English: are the others released in English yet?
hilary
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 6 2010, 07:37 AM) *
could you translate some of the Roy pages? just the things you find interesting _ ...xD

ok ; )
I'll start working on it
CutEowyn
Didn't know where to post... Here I go.
Dunno if it's only me, but I noticed that in the beginning of FMA, there was more Hagaren stuff than now, as gaidens or artbooks.
You had gaidens in volumes 3 and 4, book of figures... and an artbook for 6 volumes or something, then a sketchbook and an omake book, both of two about in the first part of the manga and I was expecting from anothers.
I'm wondering if that's Arakawa didn't have the time, due to Juushin Enbu drawing, or if it's Square Enix way of publishing...
Dont' you think ? Or maybe if it's cause I haven't checked the internet during a little time, but I'd like soooooooooo anothers artbooks.
riceking17
QUOTE (CutEowyn @ Sep 16 2010, 08:13 AM) *
Dunno if it's only me, but I noticed that in the beginning of FMA, there was more Hagaren stuff than now, as gaidens or artbooks.
You had gaidens in volumes 3 and 4, book of figures... and an artbook for 6 volumes or something, then a sketchbook and an omake book, both of two about in the first part of the manga and I was expecting from anothers.
I'm wondering if that's Arakawa didn't have the time, due to Juushin Enbu drawing, or if it's Square Enix way of publishing...
Dont' you think ? Or maybe if it's cause I haven't checked the internet during a little time, but I'd like soooooooooo anothers artbooks.

It could be that she is a parent now. but yeah another artbook would be cool
CutEowyn
Yay I've just read she's a parent. OMGF o_O
But I rather think it was because of drawin Juushin enbu that took all the times. Then she always draws cool covers so I think's it's about square enix and it's a shame !!
Hoping that she have times to care about herself with workand the baby !
CutEowyn
Thanks you AA Battery for the "a long night" gaiden !
It seemed strange to me because it's far different from chapter 24, when Ed is heavily depressed, with his eyes and all, and in this gaiden he seems to be in a better mood.
Strange
DistantBlue
thanks so much for doing this hil! :-)

i'd say i would love to see

1) the miniskirt page D-:

2) the page w/ hawkeye 's tattoo & roy's gloves (i guess its about Mustang's research?)

3) the page with roy hugging the brothel girl at the top (underneath the picture 'Tsoyaki Daialy' is wirtten)

im sorry its a lot of text! you can just paraphrase or give a summary of each page if its too much. thanks so much for doing this!
Kirara
QUOTE (CutEowyn @ Sep 16 2010, 11:13 AM) *
Dont' you think ? Or maybe if it's cause I haven't checked the internet during a little time, but I'd like soooooooooo anothers artbooks

Well another art book really has nothing to do with time it has to do with material. All the stuff in previous art books were old. Arakawa did not have to draw new art (except maybe the cover).

There is definitely a lot of new material since the 2nd art book was released so I am hoping we will get an announcement for a 3rd artbook too. Maybe after the last volume of manga/last DVDs come out because they should have more artwork from Arakawa. And I would rather wait and have more included in the book.

As for Gaiden's there was also one in Vol 14 and in all the Perfect Guide Books.

And don't forget that besides Juushin Enbu Arakawa has been doing a lot of stuff for Brotherhood. She designed art boxes for the DVDs and drew Omake for all the DVDs as well.

===============

ETA:
QUOTE (CutEowyn @ Sep 22 2010, 03:05 AM) *
...For French FMA fans, 3rd FMA Artbook is coming out from Kurokawa on November 22, 2010! biggrin.gif
(Source: manganews.com)

@CutEowyn and others - Moved the news on French FMA Artbook 3 to Non-English Official FMA Publications thread. smile.gif ~ Board Staff
monoga
QUOTE (hilary @ Jun 6 2010, 09:21 AM) *
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 6 2010, 07:37 AM) *

ok ; )
I'll start working on it

Can you translate page 152 and 155 please? I'm curious what Envy and Lust are talking about.
shanryelric
anywho, I have this book, a yellow book about hiromu arakawa in manga format, drawn by her (couldn't upload photos now thanks to the lame internet -___-). going to rough scan it, could anybody translate them? thank youuu!
OwlisHOOOT
laugh.gif thank you for putting this up!!!!
Maromi
I'm sure you're already translating the "Tsoyaki Daialy" pages, but I'd love to see what those say! But take your time, you must be neck deep in translation requests already.

What would we do without you, hilary?
Graceria
I've read a lot of announcements about a Fullmetal Alchemist side story called "Hagaren Summer Time" that was supposed to have come out September 11th, 2010. Does anyone here know where I could find a scanlation of this story?
A Pierrot's Aria
Welcome to the board, Graceria! The only side story I know of that came out near that date is "Another Journey's End". Scanlation links and the like can be found on the New FMA Gaiden, "Another Journey's End" Content Discussion Thread. happy.gif Just take a look at the first post of that thread; it has all of the information/links compiled.

Also, it is listed on the first page of this thread. It is at the very bottom at the list, along with the other most recent side story (Warning: Potential end of series spoilers) concerning Hohenheim.

These are the only two I know of that are the most recent. (If I remember rightly, "Another Journey's End" is the one that was released 11th September 2010, or thereabouts.) I don't recall any being called "Summer Time", though...

ETA:
|
|
|/ Yeah, I thought as much. smile.gif
Turdaewen
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Mar 25 2011, 02:32 PM) *
Welcome to the board, Graceria! The only side story I know of that came out near that date is "Another Journey's End". Scanlation links and the like can be found on the New FMA Gaiden, "Another Journey's End" Content Discussion Thread. happy.gif Just take a look at the first post of that thread; it has all of the information/links compiled.

Also, it is listed on the first page of this thread. It is at the very bottom at the list, along with the other most recent side story (Warning: Potential end of series spoilers) concerning Hohenheim.

These are the only two I know of that are the most recent. (If I remember rightly, "Another Journey's End" is the one that was released 11th September 2010, or thereabouts.) I don't recall any being called "Summer Time", though...

The "summer Time Gaiden" is "another Journey's End". It's just cause, when the announcement about it was made, it said it would be a "Summer Time Special" and people just got stuck with that. lol
Graceria
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Mar 25 2011, 11:37 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Mar 25 2011, 02:32 PM) *

The "summer Time Gaiden" is "another Journey's End". It's just cause, when the announcement about it was made, it said it would be a "Summer Time Special" and people just got stuck with that. lol

Ah, okies. That makes more sense now. Now if I can just figure out where the shots I've seen of Winry and Ed by a pool come from...
allykatty1
By a pool? Sounds like a pic from the Wii game "Prince of the Dawn/Akatsuki no Ouji." happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.