Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ed's Best Asset
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Thylacina2007
Need I say more?

<Edited to add "Other (Specify) to the poll choices. 03/19/07 ~Tombow>
sweety_pie
I know this is a duplicate thread... But I can't find the original...
Tombow
@sweety_pie - While we search, I'm going to move this from FMA Anime forum to FMA Character Discussions forum. smile.gif

ETA: Thread moved and the thread author was notified of the move. smile.gif

ETA 2: Just for the info, I checked, and technically, no we do not have other thread for this.
Although, I'm baffled as to why none of Ed's character traits are included in the choices. tongue.gif
(He must have at least some good character traits, I think... rolleyes.gif )
Kenji
His hair: nice... make him looks cute.. ^.^

His smile: Ooh..the sweetest smile of all...

His automail: His biggest asset, not to mention, his biggest asset from someone that admired him for a long time~

His butt: You saw him butt naked before?? O.o
CodenameElizabeth
The fact that the kid is SERIOUSLY BUFF for a 15-year old. O.o
(SRSLY, Arakawa-- WTF were you thinking??! Jeebuz. Did you *intentionally* want to make all the 13-year-old fangirls nosebleed?)

Since I am an Old Fart, even considering thinking about Ed in this way makes me a pedo. No votes from me, thx.

I'll stick to my Hughes fangirling. laugh.gif
Chiyo
I only like Ed cuz he has a cute butt
Popogeejo
Who needs even a basic personality with an ass like that? rolleyes.gif

(Why isn't his [spoiler]penis[/spoiler] an option? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif )
CodenameElizabeth
(Why isn't his [spoiler]penis[/spoiler] an option? rolleyes.gif )

FTW!!! laugh.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 20 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]507204[/snapback]
(Why isn't his [spoiler]penis[/spoiler] an option? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif )

I've seen it...nothing to write home about....its in proportion to the rest of him after all

Britney Spears: Is it true what they say about you?
[Mini-me whispers in her ear]
Britney Spears: Kickstand? Can I give you my cell phone number? Please?
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 20 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]507204[/snapback]

We all know Ed is hung like a horse!

[spoiler]Or rather he's hung like a field mouse in a snowstorm. He soooo small[/spoiler]
Captain Planet
Ed's metallic ass is his best asset.

(Why isn't his [spoiler]penis[/spoiler] an option?)

It's because it's nonexistant!

Runs, "God, dear god, save me from the fangirls."
Chiyo
Its all Popo's fault, the biggest fangirl I know it 'ole popo
Edamame
Wow, this thread seriously ammuses me. I agree with Tombow, that positive character traits should be included besides the blatant physical traits. (Or is Edward only loved for his physical traits?) I can not wait until the 'fan-girls' see this thread.

Popo, you make me laugh.
slayeralchemist
To me, the trait that I find most attractive in him is his freaking cute smile rolleyes.gif. It is just so innocent, but it can be so devilish as well. Everytime I saw him smile (especially his smile from the last episode) it totally made me fall for him, too damn cute.
Ailuro
Um, I appreciate the art style? Would that count as an asset? :P
esrz22
I just misread the title as Ed's Best Arrest. Needless to say, I was confused. laugh.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 21 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]507453[/snapback]
Um, I appreciate the art style? Would that count as an asset? tongue.gif

No, thats answer is gay (though surprisingly unique)
Arthur-F.Metal4life
i think its his automail cause its the only thing he has to remeber Winry
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 21 2007, 04:52 AM) [snapback]507599[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 21 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]507453[/snapback]
Um, I appreciate the art style? Would that count as an asset? tongue.gif

No, thats answer is gay (though surprisingly unique)

The both of you are gay!

<3

/spam!
Kisara
I like his hair *stares* It looks so smooth and... gold biggrin.gif
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
His absolute sexyness. smile.gif

His physique (sp?) would have to be his greatest asset!

Asset

noun
a useful or valuable quality

Hm, ok, so yeah, I guess either physical or non-physical (his personality, etc) or even his alchemy qualify as an asset... But wait! There's more!

A possession that can be turned into cash

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? XD I'm so horrible sometimes... smile.gif
LoMXD
I love everything about ed
Chiisana
Never think of his butt. But from the two picture I've ever seen his butt, I only think; "Looks like a girl" O_o

Anyway. I can't decide between his hair and his smile T-T Sooooob~!!
But lets say all of Edward is our ideal Edward xD -Keep on dreaming-

Hair or smile? @.@ Hair or smile? Uwaaaah~!!

Okay I chosen hair... I really like his gold and shiny hair >w< Especially when he has them down. So adorable >w<
(Kinda sound gay, for liking someone's hair ^__^;;; )
The Creation Alchemist
Seeing as we see his but like what....twice? i have to say...smile is my fave. But they are all good.
Amalthea
Um... he has nice eyes.

When I saw the thread title, the first thing that came into my head was "his persistency." Ha, sorry for forgetting that the only quality that matters about a character is if they have a sexy butt.
Zachelle
Can't decide between hair and smile. In the end, it has to be his hair, really like that golden hair. But I really like his eyes.
And the butt thing. Lol. laugh.gif
helmet boy
i dont know why the fact he can do alchemy without a circle isnt up thier.
Chiisana
If Ed's eye was written there. I would've vote his eye instead of his hair >w< The eye!! THe golden shiny hair!! >w<

Tee hee hee... Zachelle-san is much like me biggrin.gif -Glompage-
Astria
....Ah, so by 'asset' the poll means what Ed looks like. I put 'other', because when I saw the thread I thought "His best asset is his alchemical genius". I don't like Ed's attitude, nor do I find him attractive.
Nekokitty
Erm, I choose other.
Ed's cute, and all, but his attitude in the anime sort of bugged me. >.<
Zachelle
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Apr 17 2007, 03:41 AM) [snapback]531147[/snapback]
If Ed's eye was written there. I would've vote his eye instead of his hair >w< The eye!! THe golden shiny hair!! >w<

Tee hee hee... Zachelle-san is much like me biggrin.gif -Glompage-

Yep! His Eye should definitely be included there! I wonder why they didn't put it there? *thinks*
we are definitely alike!^_^

QUOTE(Astria @ Apr 17 2007, 04:39 AM) [snapback]531157[/snapback]
....Ah, so by 'asset' the poll means what Ed looks like. I put 'other', because when I saw the thread I thought "His best asset is his alchemical genius". I don't like Ed's attitude, nor do I find him attractive.

Yeah, that was what I thought of at first, I think by asset they mean their appearance. Oh, and how could you not find Ed attractive? I didn't know that was possible. biggrin.gif
fangirl79
I put all o fthe above, except when did we ever see his butt?
ehxhfdl14
↑ We see his butt sometimes, thanks to his tight pants wink.gif
I think his smile is awesome^-^

P.S. I'm sorry that I have to be the Grammer Nazi, but the title, Ed's Best Assest just bothers me.
Could you please change it to Asset ㅠ-ㅠ?
Tombow
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Apr 17 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]531803[/snapback]
P.S. I'm sorry that I have to be the Grammer Nazi, but the title, Ed's Best Assest just bothers me.

@ehxhfdl14 - Done. Changed. biggrin.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Come on, we know that there's much, much more to Ed than just his physical traits. Out of all that, I love his smile and his eyes, but what I like the most about him is his personality, brains and brawn.

For a teenage boy, he can kick serious butt, he isn't afraid to do or say what he wants (especially when it comes to a certain Flame Alchemist), and he's got mad fighting skills. He may have a really short fuse (pun NOT intended! *runs from Ed*) and can really be an annoying pain in the butt (again, especially when it comes to a certain Flame Alchemist), but heck, all that still makes him lovable.

Besides, when someone's in trouble, Ed will do whatever it takes to set things right, but at the same time, he still knows where to draw the line, like when it's a case of morality issues. That's another thing - he is a smart kid, an alchemic prodigy who can transmute without a circle, even though he had to pay the price for it.

...And that, my friends, is why Ed is so fangirl-able. XDDDD
Tombow
@Amethyst Sunset - Thank you!! You articulated what I wanted to say, in much better words!!
I'm not an Ed fangirl XDD but I totally agree!! biggrin.gif
Kenji
Which is why his smile is always his best asset...
He went through a lot of pains and misery and yet when sweet moments comes, he still can express it in a very carefree manner... ^.^

Wonderful words from the mind of a wonderful Ed fangirl... ^.^

ehxhfdl14
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Apr 17 2007, 06:32 PM)

@ehxhfdl14 - Done. Changed. biggrin.gif

Thank you♥

Come on, we know that there's much, much more to Ed than just his physical traits. Out of all that, I love his smile and his eyes, but what I like the most about him is his personality, brains and brawn.

For a teenage boy, he can kick serious butt, he isn't afraid to do or say what he wants (especially when it comes to a certain Flame Alchemist), and he's got mad fighting skills. He may have a really short fuse (pun NOT intended! *runs from Ed*) and can really be an annoying pain in the butt (again, especially when it comes to a certain Flame Alchemist), but heck, all that still makes him lovable.

Besides, when someone's in trouble, Ed will do whatever it takes to set things right, but at the same time, he still knows where to draw the line, like when it's a case of morality issues. That's another thing - he is a smart kid, an alchemic prodigy who can transmute without a circle, even though he had to pay the price for it.

...And that, my friends, is why Ed is so fangirl-able. XDDDD

Oooh. Well said. It's true, his personality is magnetic. Although his physical traits certainly help (perhaps excepting his *cough*height*cough* although some find it an asset, of sorts), it's really his personality that draws people to him.
Amethyst Sunset
Tombow - If I'm not mistaken, you're not even a girl. XDDDDD Aye, thanks.

Kenji - I agree. Ed is so cute that way...sometimes cuter than hot. XD

ehxhfdl14 - *bows* XD True, but there are also many fangirls who love him for his height...and the accompanying I'm-not-short rants. ^^

Menelvir
I didn't read all the posts, but I'll agree with whoever said his eyes, which is why I voted others.

I'm a sucker for beautiful eyes. Eyes that really are a window to one's soul. Eyes with great depth in them, that can show one's emotions.

When I look into Ed's eyes, I see a boy forced to leave his childhood prematurely, one who has seen the world, despite his youth. I see pain and sorrow about his 'sin' and the burden he bears, and determination to accomplish his goal. At times, there is a certain dangerous, focused look in his eyes, a look that is too grim, too fierce to belong to a teenager. At other times, Ed's got this far-off look. He looks not at the past (his wrongdoings), not at his present (his hardships), but at the future. And judging by his dreamy smile at those moments, he does not only hope for the best. He knows things will turn out right, because he has got confidence in his ability.

Of course, Ed's trademark look is the mischievous look, with his eyes glinting with his bright plan and his mouth twisted into a grin. That's our reminder that he's still a little kid after all.
.:cookie:.
I say his smile...
SMtofu
I'd say his hair (in the movie) or his body. He's extremely ripped for a 15 year old. *nosebleed*
~Kurenai~
I love his charisma, and his love for his brother. That he (and al) are willling to do anything for the other if need be. I also love his personality.
Kenni
Ed is perfect exactly the way he is, with all his good and bad sides. wink.gif
But the automail makes him somewhat special, so I chose this one.
ehxhfdl14
I'd say his hair (in the movie) or his body. He's extremely ripped for a 15 year old. *nosebleed*
Really? There were guys in my school that had muscles like that and they were 15;;
Ed is perfect exactly the way he is, with all his good and bad sides.
But the automail makes him somewhat special, so I chose this one.

Yup, Ed might hate the automail, but it just makes him special in its own way, not to mention that it's extremely
useful as a shield, weapon and sometimes ID.
SMtofu
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Jun 18 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]553529[/snapback]
Really? There were guys in my school that had muscles like that and they were 15;;

Oh snap. Where do you go to school? wink.gif

I think it may have to do with the fact that Ed's short. Cause with the taller guys, you pay attention to their height... I dunno what I'm rambling about. xD Maybe "stout" is the word I'm looking for.
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(SMtofu @ Jun 18 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]553574[/snapback]
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Jun 18 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]553529[/snapback]

Oh snap. Where do you go to school? wink.gif

I think it may have to do with the fact that Ed's short. Cause with the taller guys, you pay attention to their height... I dunno what I'm rambling about. xD Maybe "stout" is the word I'm looking for.

gasps what would ed say? yah i think you're right though...NO YOU'RE NOT SHORT ED!!!
ehxhfdl14
Oh snap. Where do you go to school?

It's more like Ed's kind-of-sort-of-not-quite-tall because he had muscles like that; I mean, he trained since he was with Sensei, and when he was 12-after automail surgery-, you can see that his muscles developed very well for a 12-year-old O-O And when you force your body to go through with the excessive muscle growth, then it can stunt your growth. Not to mention Ed has automail to weigh him down, and his aversion of milk. But when I read all these posts with their own reasons as to why a certain trait of Ed is the best, I can't help but think, 'How can ANYONE be that perfect and yet so imperfect?' If anyone else created a character like Ed, it'd turn out to be a Mary sue(or a Marty Stu. Whatever). *worshipping Arakawa-sensei*

P.S. But even when guys are tall, you notice their muscles, ne xD? It's just that when guys are shorter than average and has muscles, they tend to be a bit on the stocky side, which just makes them look even more muscly(the spelling of this word is very quaint if you think about it-but back to topic). In fact, there's this guy in my school that's like that, I think he's-what, 4'11? Maybe 5 feet? Something like that, and he plays sports, so... yeah. We have a lot of athletic guys out here ㅡ_ㅡ;;
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Jun 19 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]553772[/snapback]
Oh snap. Where do you go to school?

It's more like Ed's kind-of-sort-of-not-quite-tall because he had muscles like that; I mean, he trained since he was with Sensei, and when he was 12-after automail surgery-, you can see that his muscles developed very well for a 12-year-old O-O And when you force your body to go through with the excessive muscle growth, then it can stunt your growth. Not to mention Ed has automail to weigh him down, and his aversion of milk. But when I read all these posts with their own reasons as to why a certain trait of Ed is the best, I can't help but think, 'How can ANYONE be that perfect and yet so imperfect?' If anyone else created a character like Ed, it'd turn out to be a Mary sue(or a Marty Stu. Whatever). *worshipping Arakawa-sensei*

P.S. But even when guys are tall, you notice their muscles, ne xD? It's just that when guys are shorter than average and has muscles, they tend to be a bit on the stocky side, which just makes them look even more muscly(the spelling of this word is very quaint if you think about it-but back to topic). In fact, there's this guy in my school that's like that, I think he's-what, 4'11? Maybe 5 feet? Something like that, and he plays sports, so... yeah. We have a lot of athletic guys out here ㅡ_ㅡ;;

you live in heaven...lol
MaiShadowAlchemist
*DROOLS* THE HOLE PACKAGE ALL OF IT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.