Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheet Music Search
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
I was quite surprised to find that there was no sheet music category in the general music section... I know that there's one in the FMA music section, but I thought it would be nice to have a place to find non-fma sheet music...

Please keep the following in mind when posting:

1) Don't ask for something that's been asked for at least 20 other times... it gets old.
2) Most sheet music available, at least as far as music in relation to games or other anime, is written for piano - if you need help transcribing it to your specific instrument, please, just ask, rather than ask for a certain song *only* for your instrument - because you know what? You just won't find it... (FYI, pianos are in the key of C...)

Alright! Here we go! I'm looking for: Advent: One-Winged Angel. If anyone has the FFVII AC piano book, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could scan that song for me! And Cloud Smiles, if you're generous and feel like being nice! I'm in the process of convincing a band teacher to let us play both songs for my last concert, and I have a friend who's a compositional genius - if I were to give him an mp3 or both songs and the piano music, he'd put together the rest of the score! laugh.gif

Thanks so much!
Kal Rommel
One Winged Angel Piano

There's One Winged Angel. I had a friend find it because I'd like to play it...Eight pages of terrifying music...xDD

---
-glomps teh New- I like this idea! I'm always up for more sheet music to bug my piano teacher with...although, after last year's recital of Bratja, I dunno if I can show my face...;_;
Oh my gosh, thank you so much, Kal!

Why can't you show your face at piano? Recital not go well? I mean, it's a pretty song... did they not like it?

I have a bit of a collection massed, some of it being things you can find elsewhere, but I'm willing to help search if you're looking for something in particular! happy.gif
Kal Rommel
Thanks New! -ambush glomp-

I played it well until the fourth page...then I completely messed up. It was awful. Then I had everyone coming up and saying it was a beautiful song and what not and that it was hard...I was like..but..but...I had it PERFECT!!!!! -sob-

It was awful. I was so humiliated.

Anyways...if I think of anything, I'll ask...
^^
Aww, that's too bad... sad.gif I'm sorry! Was yours really that long? I have a copy, and I think it was only three... Hmm... *ponders*
Kal Rommel
I got it from Ichigo's

It's alright. I'm almost ready to get back into piano again...-wanting to-

-edit-
Mwahahaha...I have the Phil Collin's sheet music to a song that I want to play...-cheers for random Phil Collin's books in her basement-
Carnal Malefactor
Also, feel free to post your own compositions in here, too.
Ah, will do. happy.gif Don't have much, I'm afraid - I started to, but it turns out a fellow school-mate of mine is a prodigy at compositions - listening to his stuff makes me ashamed for even thinking about downloading the new (free) version of Finale Notepad! laugh.gif

Do you have anything you'd like to share, Abstruse Eulogy?
Carnal Malefactor
Plenty. But I'll let others share theirs first.
@ Abstruse Eulogy - Haha! laugh.gif I think it may be some time before that happens. smile.gif Please, have the honors! I'm actually looking forward to see what you've done... From "knowing" you on some of the threads, it'll be interesting to see the compositions you've come up with! smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Okay, this is gonna take some patience to read. It's a 9-minute song, and I used the same program to tab it out and sequence the drums, which means I did not bother putting repetition notation around bars that repeat, and there are about 170 bars all-told.

It's arranged for 2 electric guitars [w/ distortion] and an acoustic guitar.

"Seventeen Trials Of The Chosen"

I'll post the other songs as time passes. I've got at least a dozen.
HOLY CRAP! blink.gif

laugh.gif I may not know too much about guitars, but I don't need to to be able to say that your "Seventeen Trials" piece is incredible!!!! I may have to plug a bit of it into Finale this weekend so I can *really* hear it - the imagination only lets you do so much!

Truly incredible, Abstruse!! I am in awe! I can't wait for some more time to pass so you'll put up another one!

You wouldn't happen to have any clips of "Seventeen Trials," would you?
Carnal Malefactor
But of course

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/76690/Zea...he%20Chosen.mp3

Mind you, these instruments are all digitized, but it's a step up from midi
I do hope to find a guitarist who's willing to actually work with me in recording all of ths material. No luck so far, though. dry.gif
Wow, Abstruse - I must say, hearing the actual thing made the song far better than simply reading the music! I was shocked, and in a good way! smile.gif Very well done - repetetive, obviously, at some points, but then again, most songs are, and what I was most impressed with is that you didn't let the repetitions stay the same and become boring and stale - each time you changed it up a little bit, making those parts newer and more exciting while still being familiar... Nicely done, indeed! smile.gif

That's an incredible program you've got there - listening to it, there were only a few times where it was obviously a computer playing the song...

Good luck getting another guitarist - I know some guys that would kill to be able to play something like that, but, sadly, I don't believe that any of them are close enough to you that it would be feasible. That and I don't know any of them well enough to just go up and say, "Hi! I met this guy on the internet with some killer guitar scores, do you want to record them with him?" Awkward...

Once again, fantastic job! I look forward to hearing more!
Carnal Malefactor
You can download guitar pro

it'll make things a lot easier for both of us.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/
Both of us? Alright, if you insist. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: 15 day use period? Well, that stinks... (I just hate going through windows once the trial period is over - oh, well, se la vie...)
Carnal Malefactor
YOu could always pirate it borrow the program key from someone.
Hahahaaa! laugh.gif So I could... smile.gif

Tell you what, if I like the program enough, I'll be sure to drop you a line... Yargh. Get it? Pirate jargon... yeah, never mind...
Holy crap! laugh.gif

Wow... I'm assuming these are all the scores, then?
Carnal Malefactor
all but one
that one's a secret~
Oh? Is that one a bomb then?

And I'm going to assume that I need to open all of these with Guitar Pro... which is still finishing downloading... in fact, I may go to bed soon and just open all of these in the morning - something to look forward to! laugh.gif Especially "Praise the Lunatic" - that one seems like it could be worthwhile. smile.gif I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but with a name like that, who couldn't?
Carnal Malefactor
It's not a bomb... but it's about 22 minutes long, and I was never really satisfied with the first 9 minutes.
Wow... that's definitely a long song... blink.gif

I'll take a listen later tonight (I'm hijacking a school computer right now - mwahahaa!)
Triss Hawkeye
I've written some music for my Music course at school. One for a wind ensemble and one for a string quartet. But I will have to see if the software I'm using can export it to a .pdf file or something...

What program do you use to compose music? The school has Sibelius - that's what I use.
Hey, Triss! I can't wait to hear what you have!

Abstruse Eulogy uses Guitar Pro, which makes sense, since most of his are for guitar...
I only dabble in compositions, but I'm a wind player, so I use a program called Finale Notepad - it's free to download for Mac or Windows, and while it doesn't have as many special features as the ones you have to buy, it is still free - which is awesome! laugh.gif You can keep it as long as you want! You'll have to "register" (also free) and will be given a number, and be sure to hold on to it - it makes it easier to download future versions of Finale Notepad when they come out (there's a new version of Notepad every year)

Here's the site to download Guitar Pro (it's technically only a 15 day trial): Guitar Pro

I also found a way to get a demo for Sibelius: Sibelius 4 - the only real problem is that to register you have to include a lot more than just your e-mail, which is pretty much all that Finale requires...
Carnal Malefactor
Anyone got scores for Igor Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring' or any of its movements? I'm trying to learn to use dissonance more effectively.
Triss Hawkeye
Oooh, the Rite of Spring is very good. Don't have the music though.

By the way, does anyone have sheet music for Aerith no theme (piano version)from FF VII?
Sorry, Triss, I don't. Also, sorry it's taken me about two months to reply. Heh-heh... time flies when you're stressed out of your mind...

And a big notice to everyone here: if you downloaded any of Abstruse Eulogy's song files, he needs the original files to be sent to him, I believe the site he hosted the files on is down or can't find them or some such thing. So, if you have the program file b/c you downloaded a composition, send him a message asap!

Thanks, guys! I'll post up a little piece I did in the next couple of days or so - my band teacher and I were talking about twelve-tone music (funny that Abstruse mentioned the "Rite of Spring") and it got me thinking, and I came up with something...
GothGirl
Does anyone have any sheet music for stuff by My Chemical Romance? I've been looking all over the place and I can't find ANYTHING...
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/m/my_chemical_romance/
GothGirl
I know this is a bit belated, but thank you very much Abtruse Eulogy!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.