Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winners Of The 33rd Annual Fma.com Forum Awards
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News > Fullmetal-alchemist.com News > The 33rd Annual Forum Awards
Popogeejo
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and girls, Demon X and Greeneyes Demon, I have the Winners of the 33rd annual FMA.com forum awards.
The 19 official polls have closed and the votes are in.
With no further rambling I give you the results:
Best admin: Quistis88
Best avatar of 2006: Asunder and Toby have tied!
Best Character discussion: For of Hawkeye (x Roy) Only!..part 2
Best Debate: Evolution? Creation?
Best debater: Arche
Best Fan artist: Melriza
Best Fanfiction: Chiyo
Flame war: Forum Nemesis
Best flamer: Popogeejo and Void
Best Newbie; Popogeejo
Best Mod: Tombow
Best Signature: Nil-chan
Best Sig Shop: Nil-chan
Best Spam Central Game: Day of the Homunculus
Best thread: For Hawkeye (x Roy) Fans Only! Part 2
Funniest thread: What's Up With Ailuro?
Least useful post: Shinobimelxi
Worst post: F.M.A.Freak of dragons

and the winner of Life time Achievement/best member is.....
(needless pause)
TOMBOW

Congratulations to our winners and hats off to the runners up.

SPEECH, SPEECH!

Unoffical Awards
Funniest member: Popogeejo
Most likely to killed by another member: Void (Abstruse Eulogy)
Most likely to kill another member: Greeneyes Demon
Best forum: FMA.com (yes really)

The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Popo, you are amazing! Thanks again for putting this all together! Had I found where the polls were sooner I would've made some more nominations! Ah, well, always next year! smile.gif *goes off to spread word of the polls...*
Starrieidgirl
@ Popo I don't know you very well, but I wish you luck in the races! And thank you for organizing all of this, its members like you that make this forum a fun and engaging spot in the world of the internet. Keep up the beautiful work!
Tombow
@Popo - Thank you so much for your tireless work!!
You did awesome jobs!!

Good luck to all the deserving nominees!!

(And, I'm very honored to be listed alongside those awesome members!! ^^)
Razzy
Yay! Thanks, Popo! *thumbs up* You are the greatest!
joanne45
Popo, you're da man!!!
Popogeejo
I can't deny my greatness.
C'mon people I want to see at least 30 votes fro each poll by the time they close biggrin.gif
Edamame
Wait to go Popo! You did such a wonderful job organizing all of this. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Triple Soul
Ah sheesh, so hard to decide...so hard to decide...

Ah well. Good luck to everyone, both voters and nominees!
Kenji
I voted a few..so don't flame me... =] XDXD
sweety_pie
Seriously? Popo I love your awesomeness!
Funderful
I didn't get on anything. Couldn't say I didn't see that coming. -Shrugs-

Anyway, I praise your organizational skills. It worked out quite well.
Amol
@popo This was very very nice , hope we have these awards every year !
Kenji
So this is the first time this forum is hosting such grand scale event?
Nil-chan
Popo, you're my flippin hero. happy.gif You've done quite a bit for the board, and it's hard to immagine what life would be like without your sarcasm everywhere. Way to go in organising this.

Good luck to everyone who was nominated!
Chiyo
Thats Nil trying to be humble that she's nominated (and winning) two polls tongue.gif.
Nil-chan
And there's Chiyo not mentioning that she's nominated (and tying for win) in her poll. tongue.gif
Popogeejo
Ladies and gentle men, the polls have begun to close, the last one will be closing in 4 hours (funniest member) but the main awards will be fully closed within half an hour.
A list of the winners (and other notes) will be posted on Page one.

At this time I would like to thank everyone who voted and nominated. You guys kick ass.
Razzy
Congrats to all of the winners and nominees! *cheers* laugh.gif
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
I think that we need a speech from both Tombow (of course) and Popo!!

C'mon you guys, don't be shy! laugh.gif

Congrats to all of you who won!!!!!!
Popogeejo
*Popo stumbles to the Podium clutching his two awrds and a bottle of cheap Vodka*

-Ahem-
Hellz yeah! *Takes a swig from the bottle* Woooo~
I've been here almost a year now and it's nice to know I've made something of an impression.To those whom I have offended, insult or otherwise wronged I thank you . it is the annoyance I take from you that gave me the energy to earn Best flamer along side a Mod so mean Mr.T fears to pity him. To Void as well! It's a dubious honour to be found equal to you (by a what was basically a popularity contest at least wink.gif )
As for best Newb it is indeed a great (well pleasant) honour. It should have been Asu of Fushi (or maybe Demon X) who should have won but I'm not gonna complain.
*Swigs from bottle*
I find both funny and quizzical that I wrangled best Flamer and best newb. It just goes to show logic doesn't exist on the series of tubes we call the internet.

As for funniest poster...What the hell? There are people here far more witty than I. Still, you guys are probably right so thank you. I am most pleased with this particular title. Demon X got my vote though. I wub.gif him so...
(Demon X, be my uke)

Thanks to all who accidentally voted for me and to those who tolerate my sense of humour on and off the boards.
In closing: it's nice to know I've made at least two members cry smile.gif

I AM VERY SLEEPY!
Good night!

*Popo ambles off the stage and bothers some guests in the COF section before being removed by security.*
mei_tenshi
Thank you, Popo, for another job excellently done! Operation PandaSplat has come to a close, but don't expect to be let off next year! Even if you drop off the face of the boards (you better not) your sheep cannot hide you, for we'll hunt you down in fair Wales and drag you back to orchestrate the 2007 Awards. smile.gif

Feel the love? <3

The admins and mods have also helped behind-the-scenes, I know, and for that I (and everyone else) thank you! I know that asu worked closely with Popo in setting up the polls and Ailuro corrected his typos (didn't it surprise anyone how few spelling errors there were in the thread-openers? XD), not to mention Quis who was the liaison to bryantq when Operation PandaSplat was but a mere maybe.

Great job, forum~!
Nepharski
I won neither "Likely to kill" nor "Likely to be killed."

Something fishy is afoot.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Feb 7 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]502037[/snapback]
Thank you, Popo, for another job excellently done! Operation PandaSplat has come to a close, but don't expect to be let off next year! Even if you drop off the face of the boards (you better not) your sheep cannot hide you, for we'll hunt you down in fair Wales and drag you back to orchestrate the 2007 Awards. smile.gif

Feel the love? <3

The admins and mods have also helped behind-the-scenes, I know, and for that I (and everyone else) thank you! I know that asu worked closely with Popo in setting up the polls and Ailuro corrected his typos (didn't it surprise anyone how few spelling errors there were in the thread-openers? XD), not to mention Quis who was the liaison to bryantq when Operation PandaSplat was but a mere maybe.

Great job, forum~!

How could I forget these fine people. Lack of sleep (It's 6:10am right now) is and these songs Voi-I mean Abstruse Eulogy reccomended are plainly affecting my head meat.

Thank you Asu, Ailuro, Quitis, Bryntg and the others I bounced ideas off of. You guys helped make a silly idea a sillier reality.
You guys rock a vast amount of socks.
Chiyo
LYK OMFG NO WAI.

I beat Tobu? Heck I voted for her myself but I just about pippied her at the post. Thanks to all who voted for me.

Congratz to all the winners and those who were nominated. I'mm off to have a well deseved celebration drink (then sleep with one of the winners, not sure who yet).
Tombow
^^ Congratulations, Chiyo!!! happy.gif
Are you going to sleep with one of the winners?? Go with Best Flamer Award, and I think you can get two very hot winners!! biggrin.gif

Popo - Congratulations for your triple award winning!! And, congratulations for your job well done with the Award!!
You and your fine team of advisers deserve a huge round of applause, IMO!! biggrin.gif

Quistis-sama, Arche-san, Abstruse Eulogy, Nil-chan, MeLRizA, Asunder and Toby-Chan, congratulations for wining your Awards!! happy.gif
Shinobimelxi and F.M.A.Freak of dragons, I don't know I should congratulate you, or console you, but please take whichever you prefer!! laugh.gif

As for myself, I'm overwhelmed by the results, and I wish I could have shared the awards with everyone on the ballots!! (And some!! I noticed lack of some names on the nomination ballots, namely, Mini-san, Ailuro-san, and some others for the Best Member, and EKE-san and Cels-san for Best Mod!! But, I can only imagine the hard work Popo and "team Popo" have gone through to select down those nominees, and I only blame my complacency for not sending the nominations for those!! Nonetheless, in my view, they all deserve the recognitions in those fields, and I just felt so bad not sharing the ballots with those names!! sad.gif )

As for the "chosen few" fellow nominees I had the honors of being listed on the ballots with for Best Member and Best Mod, IMO they are all fine members of our board, and IMO they are all worthy of the awards!! I feel bad that I get to be the first one to experience the "shining moments." I hold high regards for those honored members, and I feel there are many on the ballots (and some who were not on the ballot) who deserved the Awards before I received one.
I only hope that they will all get their "Award wining moments" next (or soon)!!

And, to people who took their time and casted their votes for me, thank you so much for choosing me as your choice for Best Mod, and for Best Member. I'm very honored to be your choice, and touched by your votes!! I would like you all to know how much I appreciate your votes of approval. It's good to know I'm doing ok on this board. ^^ Thank you!! happy.gif
Nil-chan
Good job everyone, all winners, nominees and all people who voted!

@Tombow: You definatly deserve it, Tombow! Congratulations on your awards. happy.gif

@Chiyo: Haha, yes. I'm glad you won, I know your writing has made a lot of people's day. Great work, and congrats.

@Popo: Hmm. Well, you... *claps* You probably deserve the award(s), and your modesty astounds me. (Take it as sarcasm or sincerity, makes no difference to me.) Good job, your sardonic posts never cease to amuse me.

Thank you everyone who voted for me. It makes me feel really appreciated and loved, (though I'm quite surprised people thought my sig was best... I could probably point out quite a few that are better... but thanks anyways. happy.gif)
King of Smash
Aw, I didn't know that there were awards. I should get out of the fan section more... >.> Congratulations to all of the nominees and the winners!

Oh, there should be a "Best Fan Game" section. That'd be awesome. laugh.gif
Triss Hawkeye
And we'd win it. XD

Seriously though, congratulations to all award winners. I voted for you Tombow! And the Royai thread! ^^
King of Smash
That would be awesome!

I wish I voted. I didn't notice the polls, seeing as I'm horrible at navigating forums. laugh.gif
Little Washu
Most likely to killed by another member: Void (Abstruse Eulogy)

Hahaha, I thought so happy.gif .
Shinobimelxi
well, even though i got leat useful posts, atleast i made the list.
Bakka
congradulations to everyone who won YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB! i only hope one day i could be voted something happy.gif

and congratz to popo who won the most awards although it is questionable that he is running the......*blood splatter* never mind
PUKE
Oh I was absent for such a long time. I didn't even get to vote. ):
Kenji
QUOTE(PUKE @ Feb 21 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]507307[/snapback]

There is always next year... *wink*
PUKE
That's true.

Oh well. *goes back to reading Penthouse magazine*
yoko0217
QUOTE(PUKE @ Feb 20 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]507307[/snapback]

same here...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(yoko0217 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]520848[/snapback]
QUOTE(PUKE @ Feb 20 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]507307[/snapback]

same here...

I'm requesting this thread be locked to save it from further spam.
Tombow
Request granted. Closing the thread. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.