Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Age Of Empires
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Amol
I think Age of Empires is one of the best strategy game !

Talk of the game , tell us about the civilizations you like and the type of game you play ( i mean the difficulty and pattern) , mention the series as well !

I like AOE - II the most and I I really like Azetics (infantry), Britons(Archery) and Franks (cavalry) !
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I have played Age of Empires II. I liked the way it is set up and the characters you can play as. I have to say it is a very well done game overall.
Hanozo
I've only played II since I really don't feel like getting I or III
pawnedbyme
I played 2 i thought it was ok but graphics kinda messy i prefer warcraft or starcraft better tho.
Reno
I played II and i think that Britons, Japanese, Turks, Vikings and Aztecs are the best civilizations, especially their edifications.
My favourite Campaign is William Wallace
Amol
QUOTE(Reno @ Feb 18 2007, 04:28 AM) [snapback]506236[/snapback]
I played II and i think that Britons, Japanese, Turks, Vikings and Aztecs are the best civilizations, especially their edifications.
My favourite Campaign is William Wallace

Aztecs are have a really powerful infantry , but they lack stable units, but still they are quite powerful, i dont like turks much though , vikings are good for only naval battle !
Nepharski
Age of Empires II was amazing, definitely one of the classics (so much so that I don't consider people Strategy gamers unless the recognize the FMV intro). Not my personal favorite, but an excellent game none the less.
Amol
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 18 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]506308[/snapback]
Age of Empires II was amazing, definitely one of the classics (so much so that I don't consider people Strategy gamers unless the recognize the FMV intro). Not my personal favorite, but an excellent game none the less.

Whats your favorite in the strategy section ?
Nepharski
Red Alert 2, but that's more personal taste than solid superiority.
Amol
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 18 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]506317[/snapback]
Red Alert 2, but that's more personal taste than solid superiority.

Red Alert 2 !
i thought you'd say Warcraft or something !
I played the first part of Red Alert , but its ok , i find it that great.

Nepharski
Meh, the first Red Alert was sub par, and I really didn't like it. One of the reasons I think of RA2 so highly is because it "Saved" the series.

And I never really played the old Warcraft games, but I have tried III, and it's pretty good.
Naivete
Personally, I like AOE II. The graphics are messy but I liked the gameplay and campaigns better than AOE III; AOE III had too many sophisticated functions such as the Home City thing which I can do without.
mest
I own all three and i love how it has many ammounts of civilizations and units but i dont like that it doesnt have a hero system like in warcraft 3 which i like. so i usally dont play it i play wcraft3
yoko0217
I played 2....since my comp doesn't have enough space left for 1 and 3...
Scar-San
I like Ottomans (Turks) especially in 3. Janissaries and Cannonballs are really powerful (no its not about im from Turkey:))
Reno
QUOTE(Amol)
vikings are good for only naval battle !

YEP!!!!

That's why only use them in the "island scenery" they have "Field Bonus" in this place

Have you used the "How do you turn this on" code, it makes you a COBRA
helmet boy
This game has nothing on empire earth 2. up too 1000 men per team, great graphics, territories, all the ages, what more could you want.
Amol
I have Played Empire Earth and I feel its a bit difficult on the Game play in the Later ages... Its got like soo many ages , and Its so hard to understand the limited upgrade systems for each type of units.

In the Later stages with all the those nano-bots and Machines ... (i think the Nano Age) the game really turns crappy !

AOE is any day better than that !
helmet boy
you mean how empire earth has worse graphics, worse game play, about 75 people at the most per side, no gates and not as many options? The reason it probally got harder for you was chances are you got nuked alot and didnt build up air defense.
Amol
Nope I did biuld mostly everything and played all the Cpgns too.... It was not much fun ..

Graphics were better , no doubt , but the game play kinda dint go too well , as for the planes and all , it was initially fun ( WW I and WW II) , but just gets too messy towards the end...
helmet boy
You should give Empire earth 2 a try, its ALOT more neater than the first.
Naivete
ohmy.gif I under-estimated AOEIII!

Everything became better after I actually read the guide though I still can't find the actual pause button DX. Like I probably said before, the graphics are really neat and it's nice for a change of history, units and scenery after having played AOEII a few dozen times.
But I still think that the Home City is rather lame- only thing it's good for is sending for freebies.
And I still don't understand the value of the native American alliances. D=

Good game. It fills up my time. =)

I'm the only girl I know who plays these sorts of games. =(
Zalamist
Nothing beats the cheats in the Age of Mythology game from the creators of Age of Empires. My personal favorite warriors are fork boy, the Canadian lazer bears (pew pew), and the monkeys.

Compliments of: http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/015/015972.html

Cheat List

To activate these cheats, press ENTER during gameplay, then put in the cheat, then press ENTER again.

* ATM OF EREBUS : 1000 gold
* BAWK BAWK BOOM : Get the chicken-meteor god power
* CHANNEL SURFING : Skip to next scenario in the campaign
* CONSIDER THE INTERNET : Slow down units
* DIVINE INTERVENTION : Use a previously used god power
* FEAR THE FORAGE : Get the walking berry bushes god power
* GOATUNHEIM : Get a god power that turns all units on the map to goats
* IN DARKEST NIGHT : Make it nighttime
* ISIS HEAR MY PLEA : Get the heroes from the campaign
* I WANT TEH MONKEYS!!!1! : Monkeys galore
* JUNK FOOD NIGHT : 1000 food
* L33T SUPA H4X0R : Faster build
* LAY OF THE LAND : Show map
* MOUNT OLYMPUS : Full favor
* O CANADA : Have a lazer bear
* PANDORAS BOX : Get random god powers
* RED TIDE : Makes water red
* SET ASCENDANT : Show animals on map
* THRILL OF VICTORY : Win game
* TINES OF POWER : Have a forkboy
* TROJAN HORSE FOR SALE : 1000 wood
* UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT : Hide map
* WRATH OF THE GODS : Get the Lightning Storm, Earthquake, Meteor and Tornado god powers
* WUV WOO : Have a flying purple hippo
* LETS GO! NOW! :faster gameplay, there are 2 spaces between GO! and NOW!
* MR.MONDAY : AI handicap
* ENGINEERED GRAIN : Get more food from animals
TheRainbowConnection
AoK was the second RTS I ever fell in love with. (The first was Warcraft II.)

There's nothing quite like building up a huge army of longbowmen and sending them sweeping across the countryside. Even against the computer, the massive amounts of win was satisfying.

My standard army disposition:
3 regiments of longbowmen, 32 each, arranged in a compact 4x8 block.
2 squadrons of cavaliers, 8 each
1 battery of 8 trebuchets

Mmmmm. Sweet, sweet arrow-y death.
Dickens
Right, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Why you ask? Because AOE II is my favourite RTS of all time. Supreme Commander came with all its fancy graphics, but give me AOE II and I'm a happy happy girl smile.gif

And you know the presians were insane- build enough elephants and no one stands a chance tongue.gif

I also liked Age Of Mythology, although its not as good as age of empires. PLaying mythology I was always Odin smile.gif
Disco Shrew
The AOE games hold a special place in my archive.
The first one I spent hours on hours in a free for all with max AI players and I scampered to wall my borders as they charged in.
Disasterpiece
AOE CONQUERORS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.