Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Theory Of Rose And Dante, In Episodes Toward The End Of Series
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
The random alchemist
<In my attempt to collect all similar threads in one sub-forum, I'm moving this to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum, and added subtitle "In episodes toward the end of series" to clarify the content of the discussion on this thread better. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

first I'm sorry if there was another topic like this made.

So since I joined here and even before so theres one plothole that always mistified me.
This would be in the final episodes where Dante is with Rose and Rose looks like she's being controled or at least is out of it.
Now it doesn't explain the any part of the episodes what caused this. You could argue maybe some kind of fancy alchemy however alchemy seems to not fit as far as purpose of the science (alchemy: create new elements from others).

So then again I was baffled by this scene, yesterday however I might have come finally to the conclusion of what happen to her.

Remember how when we first met Dante she was into medicine? Well I believe Rose might have been heavily sedated which can result in blank looking expressions, lack in movement, slow speach, fantasizing, etc... which she all had at the time.
Also it would make sense for when she finally snaps out of it, it was sudden but pre-modivaded. meaning she slowly woke out of it, must like a drug-induced high suddenly being interupted by a major event... you usually lose your buzz at that point.

So this is my theory for this event
tell me what ya think :3
Astria
Rose being sedated would make sense. Although, supposedly this had been going on for some time because Rose was apparently mute when she was back in Lior - something the people there put down to trauma. I agree it is a bit of a plot-hole, as we've seen no suggestion that alchemy can work on people to affect them psychologically. She does get a very rough deal from beginning to end, the poor girl.
Toby-Chan
This has been discussed many times, though I don't believe has its own thread.

Weirdly enough, I was just going back and thinking over the details, (having long since realized that Rose was drugged somehow and probably otherwise abused by Dante) and trying to think of what kind of drug she was on. It was only then that Dante's gardening thing occured to me. Wonder why that came so slowly.

Anyhow, I would suspect some kind of a poppy product (Opiate) was used.
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 20 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]495971[/snapback]
This has been discussed many times, though I don't believe has its own thread.

Weirdly enough, I was just going back and thinking over the details, (having long since realized that Rose was drugged somehow and probably otherwise abused by Dante) and trying to think of what kind of drug she was on. It was only then that Dante's gardening thing occured to me. Wonder why that came so slowly.

Anyhow, I would suspect some kind of a poppy product (Opiate) was used.

hmm... very possible... would explain the dancing around .__O
Tombow
In my attempt to collect all similar threads in one sub-forum, I'm moving this to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum.
Armydog
Yeah, Rose being drugged/sedated makes sense,

I had wondered when I saw Dante talking to Rose why she had shown such little reaction, but the fact that she did snap out of it later due to obvious shock made me wonder further what Dante did, but now that you mention drugging/sedation it seems like thats what most likley happend,
Raenef_the_fifth
It sounds more like a mind control thing.
I was talking about it in class with my friend, saying how in books it's the weakminded people who are easiest to be mind-wiped, hypnotised or brain washed.
Hunterk
Well, that would explain why she was just standing there even after Ed arrived and Dante was.. trying to kill him?
I mean, i would have run away.. or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.