Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighting Games
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
What's your favorite fighting game? Currently my favorite is Dead or Alive 4. My other favorites are Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Dead or Alive 2, Tekken 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 3D. Soul Calibur on my Dreamcast is the only game I mentioned that I play from time to time, even if its old. I like it better than SC 2 and 3. I hate Dead or Alive 3's system BTW. Tekken 4 just plain sucks. I never really liked Virtua Fighter but it's ok for me, but not enough to make me come back for more.

Oh, if you have Dead or Alive 4 and play online, message me in XBL your name here in the Fullmetal-Alchemist.com forums. My gamertag is "Ratzenheich".
Amol
Fighting Games :

One on One : ( I mean when you wanna thrash your freinds tongue.gif )
Dead or Alive
Tekken 5
Sol Calibur 3

Random or Story based or free moving :
Prince of Persia ( all of them - especially warrior within)
Lord of the Rings ( return of the king)
pirates of the carrebian ....

Vash_the_Gunslinger
Soul Calibur and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
ScarMySoul
Fighting games that I own:

LOTR: FOTR, TTT, ROTK, TTA
Devil May Cry 3
Red Ninja
Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked
Okami
FMA 1 & 2
King Arthur
Tomb Raider Legend
Prince of Persia: SOT, TTT

My favorites of the ones I own are LOTR: TTA, Red Ninja (The way she can kill people is just gruesome as hell lol), Okami, and Tomb Raider Legend.

The others are good but those are the ones I prefer the most.
Hmm... most of the games in ScarMySoul's selection are adventure and action type games. Fighting games usually connote gameplay wherein two people face each other and use martial arts or a combination with weapons and fight to the death.
Amol
LOTR series is adventure ..... but i think POP should be counted within the section , its all fighting !
Edsrhimp
I like
Super Smash Brothers
soul calibur
marvel vs. capcom series
the king of fighters
Naruto Clash of Ninja one and two only because it's fun (I don't like the anime mind you)
Tekken 3
Amol
I think many of us here share some common games like sol calibur and tekken , so why dont we also mention the charecters we like in them... it would be better than just mentioning the game !
kaizenyorii
street fighter zero 3
Oh, Edshrimp just made me remember that Super Smash Brothers is also one of my favorites. LOL. I don't own the game and I don't have a Gamecube. But I go sometimes to my classmates house to play.

Anyway, favorite characters in my favorite fighting games...

Dead or Alive - Helena, Kasumi, Ayane
Soul Calibur - Taki, Sophitia, Siegfried/Nightmare
Tekken - Jin and Nina only

I didn't like Soul Calibur 2 and 3 a lot. SC1 is still the best for me. I haven't mastered any characters in SC but I'm good with Sophitia and I think I do fine with Taki.

I mastered Helena, Kasumi and Ayane in DOA2. I don't like DOA3's fighting system, it's cheap. DOA4's fighting system is the best, kinda freestyle mixed with set commands. I haven't mastered any of the characters yet but I'm pretty good with Helena, Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate and Hayabusa. I near mastering Helena and Kasumi. Helena's attack is pretty hard to predict and she's good at chain combo and her defense and countering capabilities are impressive. Kasumi, simply quick and hits hard. Teleporting and doing the ninja assassinate-like move makes everyone mad when I play online. XD
Demon x
things that are the top of my list or that I consider good fighting are
1) Tekken
2)Mortal combat
3) Soul caliber
that is all I can recall currently.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Jan 20 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]495696[/snapback]
Hmm... most of the games in ScarMySoul's selection are adventure and action type games. Fighting games usually connote gameplay wherein two people face each other and use martial arts or a combination with weapons and fight to the death.

Feh, well I just figured that any game that involves another person fighting someone or something, regardless of whether its a roleplay game, is a fighting game.

With your definition in which you made your question more precise I'd have to say Mortal Kombat. The original Mortal Kombat that is. Not so much the ones they came out with recently I think it was the MK: Shoulin(sp?) Monks.

Demon x
was the MK: Shoulin(sp?) Monks.

yes that is the one I believe.
there are allot of games such as that with free-moving ability such as One piece (Grand adventures). which may include more than One for rival
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jan 23 2007, 03:05 AM) [snapback]496472[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Jan 20 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]495696[/snapback]

Feh, well I just figured that any game that involves another person fighting someone or something, regardless of whether its a roleplay game, is a fighting game.

With your definition in which you made your question more precise I'd have to say Mortal Kombat. The original Mortal Kombat that is. Not so much the ones they came out with recently I think it was the MK: Shoulin(sp?) Monks.

I haven't played most of the earlier Mortal Kombat games. But I was able to play MK3 Ultimate on my friend's GBA before. Damn... it's impossible! The enemies are too good even in "very easy" mode. Gah. The should put a "kiddie mode" instead.
Kitty Alchemist
These are all my favortie so far:

Super Smash Bro. Melee
Bloodly Roar 3 & 4
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (in Japaness)
Guilty Gear
Dragon Ball Z Butokai 3
Kyros
I'd go with

Tekken 5 (I play with most people but favs are Asuka, Christie, Nina, and Hwoarang)
Naruto GNT 3&4 (favs Itachi, Neji and Tenten, can play anyone) *1&2 suck
Street Fighter 3rd Strike (Ibuki, Makoto, Ryu, Chun Li)
Soul Calibur 2&3 (Sophitia, Taki, Sigfried, SC2 Nightmare)
SSBM (Samus)
Marvel vs Capcom
Capcom vs SNK

That's about it I guess. I think there are a lot of overrated fighting games though, or there are at least a couple. For instance, I think DoA is fun, but has too much lag time and doesn't flow nearly as well as Tekken *shrugs* It's still kinda fun, but it's short too which doesn't help...
EdoElric88
Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter Online.
cutie
really... i used to play fighting games....when i was only 4....i used to win them...

okay, the ones i like are :

Street Fighter (Alpha, and Street Fighter 2)
And.... Samurai Showdown....but i dont like it now...

...well, other names i forgot, but i remeber that i finished them only in 2 days... cause i play half...and finish the other half any other day...
Amol
I liked NINA and Yoshimitsu from Tekken 3 but there seems something missing about them in tekken 5
Tekken 3 is the best Tekken for me. Tekken 4 was just plain horrible. Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection is ok.
Amol
Tekken 3 is a kind of classic, tekken 5 is better in terms of graphics
Little Washu
All the Naruto games
InuYasha Mortal Combat and Fuedal Fairy Tale
Digimon rumble arena 1 and 2
I heard there was a 'Xiaolin Showdown' game for camecube or something. I might try it IF I can play as Jack Spicer. He's the best.
Reno
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Jan 19 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]495433[/snapback]
What's your favorite fighting game? Currently my favorite is Dead or Alive 4. My other favorites are Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Dead or Alive 2, Tekken 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 3D.

Definitely you need to play King of Fighters, it's an excellent fighting game

Ahh and here's my list

1) King of Fighters (it doesn't matter which one EXCEPT MI, 2006 and 2001)
2) Samurai Showdown
3) Dead or Alive (it doesn't matter which one)

Well that's all
Lee_1995
I only know one,the whole Tekken series
Reno
I played bloody roar yesterday and i hate it, this isn't a fighting game, it is a game where you can make "amazing combos" by pressing only one button (max 3) this isn't funny
Indignant Judgment
Fighting Games are always fun to take out rage happy.gif

Mortal Kombat
DBZ Budoki Tencaichi 2
Soul Caliber 2
Street Fighter
Tekken 5
Bloody Roar 2
Marvel vs. Capcom
...thats all that is coming to mind laugh.gif
kaizenyorii
im playing the rumble fish on a ps2 emulator right now. not many people have heard of the rumble fish but its actually a pretty good fighting engine once you get over what a stupid name the game has
_Jelly
Namco makes awesome fighting games, I love the Tekken series, 5 being my favourite, theres also the Soul Calibur series. One thing:

Soul Calibur 3 sucks.
Kenji
Nothing beats Arcade Stage King Of Fighter series...IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.