Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Fma Fanart
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Kaien
Well, I'm new here and I like FMA of course. I like to sketch from time to time and FMA characters are some of my favorites to sketch. I haven't sketched characters other than Ed and Al (my two personal favorites), but I'm working on it! Riza Hawkeye looks like a lot of fun to draw. Enough with the talking, on with the drawings! I'll just keep everything in one post, so if you, the viewer, can leave a comment or critique (keep 'em nice! haha) to keep this bumped up, that would be greatly appreciated. I'll post the work plus a little description of what I was going for.

Edward and Alphonse sketches
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Kai...AlxEdsketch.jpg

My first time drawing Edward and Alphonse. I had started reading the manga first and finally purchased the first volume of the anime so it rekindled my drawing. Nothing special. Just a first few sketches. smile.gif

Edward Elric -pencil
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Kai...dwardpencil.jpg

My first shot at drawing Ed! Umm...I did make this a little bigger than I wanted, but that's a bad habit of mine. I'm working on it though, trying to draw smaller. Some wonder why I only did his auto-mail and coat and I just tell them that shading the rest of him in would've have been a fruitless effort because he has blonde hair and light skin. I've been practicing his arm though recently, trying to get the "metal" effect down. You'll find out that I'm more of a pencil/pen guy than coloring on photoshop. I lose the realism somehow...sad.gif

One -pencil
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Kai.../Onelineart.jpg

I like angsty so much I can't stand it! This is the pencil sketch of what is going to be a multi-character piece that will be colored in photoshop (of which I STILL haven't started doing *sob*). Who will be in it? I don't know, because I keep drawing more and think to myself, "this could work in that piece I'm working on". But, I'll probably limit it to the Elric brothers. If I ever get around to finishing it, I'll write a full explanation on it, but for now, this is what you get. haha I'm not 100% satisfied with this one as I want to change the lines of his coat. It doesn't look as smooth as it should.

Happy Holidays 2006 with Edward -pencil
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Kai...idayEdward2.jpg

So I did a holiday themed drawing and actually finished it in time for the holidays! haha I usually never get them done in time, but this time I did. I wanted to add another drawing of Alphonse, but I didn't finish it in time. It was a last minute type deal...oh well, there's next time right? I hope I got everything close. Some may recognize the similarity to a FMA holiday print which I got the idea from and used as a reference.

Flamel tattoo. Thanks to the Canvas Tattoo Studio
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Kai...ds/IMG_2948.jpg

So, I went and got another tattoo done for my bday (it was on tuesday) on friday. Wasn't sure which one to get as Al's blood rune was originally going to go on my left upper shoulder. After some thought, I decided to put the flamel there instead so Al's blood rune will go somewhere else. Thanks to the Canvas Tattoo Studio for the work. This is my second tattoo that I've gotten done there. The artists are good and they're into anime too!

That's it for now! I have a drawing of Alphonse that I should be finishing up soon. I would like to add a few things to it, but I like how it looks now. Please let me know what you think. I know I'm not very good at drawing, so for you real artists, any tips or anything is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

<Edited the posting of Five oversize pics from Image hosting to Attachments to stop streatching of the forum page sideways. ^^ 02/03/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@Kaien - Nice drawings of Ed and Al!!
I especially love your profile drawings!! Al came out great, and both Ed ones are very nice!!
Great job on Ed's metal arm!!
And, the holiday one is a cute, too!! biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see more of your artworks!! happy.gif
Mudkipblader
Oooh
-stares-

These are pretty!
I really like the way you coloured in Ed's automail with your pencil!
I admire people who can colour with pencils.

Al's so cute. w
And the Holiday one is pretty cheerful, I like the Ed snowman. =D

What do you mean, "Not a good drawer"? You're awesome. happy.gif
The only thing I can say is that you perhaps should look a little better at the shape of the head. That's all. I really like your drawings.
Keep it up.
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Ooooh very nice drawings! smile.gif
Edamame
Nice job with your pencil drawings Kaein. I like the two profile pictures of Edward that you drew. You also did a nice job with the shading on the auto-mail. Hope to see more of your artwork.
Kaien
thanks everyone for the comments. They are really appreciated. I started a new sketch today. We'll see how it turns out.

Oh, and I added something new. Not really by me, but it's on me...haha. Did I step across the line from being a FMA fan to a FMA nut!? haha

Tombow
@Kaien - Nice to see you again!!
(And, happy belated birthday!! Nice tattoo!! biggrin.gif )

I noticed you edited the first post to add more of your pics.
You can do that, too.. or, you can just include your new pics on your new post on this thread.

BTW, I switched the posting of pics from Image posting to Attachments to stop stretching of the forum page. Hpe you don't mind!! (And, in case you need to know how to make Attachment, check out my "How to post pics in this forum" post. ^^)

Looking forward to viewing your new sketch!! biggrin.gif
Kaien
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 4 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]500736[/snapback]
@Kaien - Nice to see you again!!
(And, happy belated birthday!! Nice tattoo!! biggrin.gif )

I noticed you edited the first post to add more of your pics.
You can do that, too.. or, you can just include your new pics on your new post on this thread.

BTW, I switched the posting of pics from Image posting to Attachments to stop stretching of the forum page. Hpe you don't mind!! (And, in case you need to know how to make Attachment, check out my "How to post pics in this forum" post. ^^)

Looking forward to viewing your new sketch!! biggrin.gif

whoops...sorry about that. I'll be more careful in the future and use the methods mentioned in the tutorial.

thanks for the bday wish and the compliments. smile.gif

ETA: Feb 22
Figure I would post this here too.

Simple, really. Photo taken using my point and shoot canon PS A610 and the photo was worked over in PS. Snagged a picture of Edward (you'd be surprised how hard it was to find a picture of him from head to foot!) and modified it a bit. I had to redraw some areas. Finished result:

Click to view attachment

I wanted to add (armor) Alphonse, but I couldn't find a decent shot of him.

I have 3 FMA sketches I'm working on right now. Alphonse, one of Ed and Al (not yaoi!), and I started one of Lt. Hawkeye. Actually, there's technically 4...we have name cards in philosophy class (yes, even in college philosophy the prof needs name cards. haha), and I started drawing on it. So I've got Edward on my name card. lol

<Merged consecutive posts. ^^ 02/22/07 ~Tombow>
Ailuro
Your car is Edward approved!
Tombow
I like your Fullmetal Alchemist special edition car!! laugh.gif
Kaien
Well, finally got around to scanning this sketch onto my computer and uploading it...I really put things off a lot.

Did a sketch of Alphonse as a boy (well, teenager. haha). A little bit easier to draw than Armor Alphonse. happy.gif

Nothing really to say about it. Don't remember how long it took. lol I might color it or do it in black and white or leave it in the "to-do" pile. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
Chiisana
Uwaaaah Alphonse so cute!!!

Oh nice tattoo btw! But is it that you can't have it in red? Having red looks more original >w< Maybe I shall do tattoo me too >w< They looks so great!
joanne45
I wanna have the Flamel tattoo!
Kaien
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Mar 5 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]513527[/snapback]
Uwaaaah Alphonse so cute!!!

Oh nice tattoo btw! But is it that you can't have it in red? Having red looks more original >w< Maybe I shall do tattoo me too >w< They looks so great!

thank you. happy.gif

I don't like color tattoos. I don't know why, but I just like the traditional black. I need to schedule my next one; Al's blood rune on the back of my neck. biggrin.gif
Tombow
@Kaien - I like your Alphonse!! Very nice!! happy.gif
I would love to see that one colored, if you like to color it someday!!
Neko Shaman
Lovely art work Kai!
Kaien
Thanks for the compliments everyone! wub.gif

I made another collaboration of my car and FMA. This time in sig-format. happy.gif

Click to view attachment
Kenji
woot...sorry for the late reply...
Been busy these few days...

nice....but those black outlining are too much... The picture of the car should be a little bigger, doesn't care if Ed cover the headlights a little bit... ^.^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.