Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 67 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tombow
@Sensenic - I was wondering about that last two pages about Ho-ho papa and the stones, and your way of reading it makes much more sense!! Thanks!!! I'm changing I eddited mine now. You are awesome!! happy.gif

And, about the Hoho-papa using Ryumyaku in the last scene, I'm convinced he is using Ryumyaku.
It makes sense, seeing that Arakawa-sensei made Mei explain about Ryumyaku to Marcho (and the readers) right before that in this chapter..

OT: Spelling Ryumyaku is hard!! tongue.gif
Greed The Homuculi
this was a great chapter, i wonder if the armstrong sister is going to be our new lust. i hope this doesnt happen, i mean we dont need another ally turning into a homunculi, plus theres still 5 homuculi to take care of, one of which is still unknown. i want to learn more about this doctor that cured kimbley.
Colette
OMGGUYSLIEK HOHEMHEIN, THE STONE CAME OUT OF HIM!!! HE MUST BE PRIDE! =OOOO

I'm just kidding ._. Don't hurt me.

My only theories involve Greed!Ling, sorry XD
Tombow
QUOTE(Mena @ Jan 12 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]493565[/snapback]

What will happen now that it is going away to do in all Amestris?

@Mena - That's a scary thought, isn't it!!??
If this plan goes through, the whole country of Amestris will be obliterated!! mellow.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Greed The Homuculi @ Jan 12 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]493665[/snapback]
this was a great chapter, i wonder if the armstrong sister is going to be our new lust. i hope this doesnt happen, i mean we dont need another ally turning into a homunculi, plus theres still 5 homuculi to take care of, one of which is still unknown. i want to learn more about this doctor that cured kimbley.

Never fear, there's no chance of that [spoiler]because Lust is dead and her stone disintegrated. She is gone and will not come back. Period. Quit it people, sheesh.[/spoiler]

Under the highly unlikely chance that I'm wrong, I'll eat my words with a dash of salt. But until Hiromu Arakawa can narrater her way cleverly around that potential plothole, stop bringing it up. Just stop.
Kirara
Under the highly unlikely chance that I'm wrong, I'll eat my words with a dash of salt. But until Hiromu Arakawa can narrater her way cleverly around that potential plothole, stop bringing it up. Just stop.

Yes please I have almost given up my sanity

Also please people stop with the Hohenheim is a Homunculus/Pride thing too.
Tombow
Hats off for listing all those names uttered by Hoenheim!!
(Although, I'm thinking Dosdoa might be Theodora. Seems sounding nicer!! happy.gif )
Nepharski
Also please people stop with the Hohenheim is a Homunculus/Pride thing too.

Because the living incarnation of Pride would be so concerned over the souls trapped in his philosopher's stone. Everyone knows it!
It interests me that Hohenheim's soul collection has names like "Sue", English names. I used to think he was some creation of Father, hence made from Xerxians.
HisshouBuraiKen
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 13 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]493716[/snapback]
(Although, I'm thinking Dosdoa might be Theodora. Seems sounding nicer!! happy.gif )

I think you're right - you must have better eyes than me smile.gif
Edamame
Regarding the theory of Hohenheim being the Western Philosopher and Father the Eastern, it seemed rather bizzare that Father was unable to control and nullify Mei-chan's Rentajutsu in chapter 55 of the manga. Father appears to be amazed that Mei is still able to use alchemy. Wouldn't Father have been able to control Mei-chan's Rentajutsu if he was an Eastern Philosopher? (I have a feeling I just asked a really stupid question.)
Kirara
Regarding the theory of Hohenheim being the Western Philosopher and Father the Eastern, it seemed rather bizzare that Father was unable to control and nullify Mei-chan's Rentajutsu in chapter 55 of the manga. Father appears to be amazed that Mei is still able to use alchemy. Wouldn't Father have been able to control Mei-chan's Rentajutsu if he was an Eastern Philosopher? (I have a feeling I just asked a really stupid question.)

The Eastern Philosopher is the one who brought Alchemy to Amestris. The Western Philosopher is the one who brought alchemy to Xing. Remember Xerxes is to the east of Amestris and to the west of Xing.

So although the theory is still unproven if Father was the Eastern philosopher he would have control of Amestis Alchemy not Xing alchemy and this is why he would not be able to nullify Mei's alchemy.

One hole in this argument is actually on Hohenheim's side. All of Hohenheim's notes and books were on Amestris alchemy not Xing alchemy. So if he was the Western Philosopher why would his notes be on this and not Xing alchemy (of course there are plausible explanations for this but it is one hole in the theory).
Dark_Fishie
"One hole in this argument is actually on Hohenheim's side. All of Hohenheim's notes and books were on Amestris alchemy not Xing alchemy. So if he was the Western Philosopher why would his notes be on this and not Xing alchemy (of course there are plausible explanations for this but it is one hole in the theory)."

If Hoho-papa is the Western Philosopher, then we can assume that he knows Xing alchemy perfectly. Why would he need books to research it then? It makes sense that he'd be learning about the branch of alchemy he doesn't know.

BTW, anyone found any connections btw the names Hoho-papa said and alchemy? The one that strikes me is Ripley, for obvious reasons wink.gif
Kirara
If Hoho-papa is the Western Philosopher, then we can assume that he knows Xing alchemy perfectly. Why would he need books to research it then? It makes sense that he'd be learning about the branch of alchemy he doesn't know.

Yes that's true, he could also have been researching what Father was up to.
Edamame
rolleyes.gif Wow, I feel like an utter idiot. I had a feeling that I had something reversed. (Perhaps I should read the latter chapters over again) Thank you for clearing that up Kirara.
Nepharski
I was about to say Hohenheim probably has mastery over Xing Alchemy, so he was studying Father's brand of Alchemy, but Dark Fishie has a speed bonus.
Reta McClain
Scalation is out at ZOMGFTA!

And now I understand the happenings in this chapter way better.

Ed makes a great strategist smile.gif
Triss Hawkeye
I've just read it - what a chapter!

I mean, I guessed that the tunnel was a transmutation circle across the country, but that the country was originally created for the purpose? Things are getting deeper.

And XD to what Armstrong said about Roy - that was hilarious!
Nepharski
Sorry, I'm drawing back to this. The earlier theories that Kimbley was Lust, what about Gluttony? More evidence that it could be him, would be him, yet your instinctively jump to Lust. What's up?

Needed to get that out of my system.

General Raven's really fond of that Immoral Army proposition, isn't he? Somehow, I doubt Father's in this for military supremecy, and somewhere down the road Ravens going to find he's quite expendable. Doubly so if he leaks the master plan to Olivia Armstrong.

Also, Miles and Buccaneer are awesome.
pawnedbyme
great chapter loved it. i wondr wat honheim is doing though.
Yukina_Raven
All right, here I go. MY STUPIDTHOUGHTS ON: Chapter 67

- I loved the beginning with Ed and Al in the prison cell. Ed's just like, "WTF am I... Oh. Right." and Al is calmly reading. So adorable for.. some reason... o_O
- KIMBLY IS STILL ALIVE. DAMMIT.
- Ed and Al on horses amuses the hell out of me.
- OMFG Armstrong is so much love. I'd love for her and Mustang to meet. That would be hysterical! I also love how she just totally kicked Ed from going into 'Emo Mood' about Reole. (Where Rose lives). She's so... COOL! My new favorite female character. Totally.
- Squee! Winry comes back into the picture without actually showing up. So she's the current drive behind Ed and Al's search for an end to this. Aww... Feel the EdxWinry subtext love. XD
- The entire country = transmutation circle?! Amestris was CREATED for the purpose of being a transmutation circle?!?! There's still missing pieces to the puzzle?!?!? Baiting the evil general!??!!? *Head explodes from the awesomness of it all* Arakawa, just when I think its impossible to love you more...
- Mei and Marcho... XDDDD
- WTF Hohenheim?! o_O
Dark_Fishie
Read scanlation. Something's been bothering me:
There has to be more going on than just using Amestris to create a giant philosopher's stone, since Envy already told Marcoh that he's heading in the right direction. If the country was created for the sole purpose of being a giant stone, then why is the stone needed in the first place?
Marcoh said the Eastern Sage gave the people of Amestris the basic equation for using the power of the "fluctuation of Earth's crust" about 350 years ago. The incident at Riviere happened in 1558, right after the founding of Amestris. The current time is around the year 1914. That means alchemy was introduced around the same time as the founding of Amestris. Mei says the power flowing underground is, to paraphrase, the squirming around of a great number of people. Plus, Envy said to Ed: "As soon as they [humans] obtain great power [ie alchemy], they become delighted and overeager. They continue using it without even knowing what it is!" When fighting, Father is shown to perform alchemy without any movements and even stop Ed and Al from performing it without any effects to his powers.
So, so far it would seem that Father is indeed the Eastern Sage as he has complete mastery over alchemy. Father is also the person pulling the strings behind the military mascarade, the person who wanted Amestris to be created in order to make a giant philosopher's stone. Why would he bother teaching Amestrians alchemy in the first place if he has complete control over it? He doesn't need alchemists to perform the alchemy as he's already an alchemist himself. And why would he ask the homunculus to leak enough of the technique of making the philosopher's stone to the military and have alchemists perform it in the fifth laboratory? According to dates from Falman, time of separation between the major blood-filled incidents are decreasing. Add to the fact that Wrath is the Fuhrur, it seems NOW is the time the stone is to be created. But why now? (Father seems to be made of philosopher's stones... even though he's on the machine, it's not like he's going to die anytime soon since he can use stones to heal himself.) And why are alchemists like the Elric brothers and Mustang important "human sacrifices" and somehow have enough "power" to be ordered "not killed"? And IMHO the most important question: What is the relationship between the nature of Amestris's alchemy and the creation of the philosopher's stone?

Oh, and the arrays that Mei use for rintanjutsu are also five pointed within a circle, except in the shape of a star XD

Edit: The fifth lab used 13 Ishvalans for the creation of an incomplete stone. What a lucky number! Is there a significance to the arrangement of triangle (three person) and pentagon inside circle inside pentagon inside circle? And notice how only three sides of the smaller circle touched the larger pentagon - is that geometric arrangement even possible in real life? (refers to Mena's pics, post #20)
Triple Soul
great chapter loved it. i wondr wat Hohenheim is doing though.

Fixed. >P

Anyway, now that I got to read the scantilation, my thoughts twoards the chapter still remain the same. ( The credits and first omake of ZOMGFTAs scantilation made me laugh, too. XD )

And the moment between Mei-Chan and Marcoh...made me lawl. XD

*waits for chapter 68...still*
FMA - Breeze
QUOTE(Dark_Fishie @ Jan 14 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]494278[/snapback]
Read scanlation. Something's been bothering me:
There has to be more going on than just using Amestris to create a giant philosopher's stone, since Envy already told Marcoh that he's heading in the right direction. If the country was created for the sole purpose of being a giant stone, then why is the stone needed in the first place?

For immortality maybe? The new stone will be needed eventually for father to keep on living and to fuel his rivalry with hohenheim, remember he said "He (hohenheim) just won't die", meaning he wanted him dead.

Why would he bother teaching Amestrians alchemy in the first place if he has complete control over it? He doesn't need alchemists to perform the alchemy as he's already an alchemist himself. And why would he ask the homunculus to leak enough of the technique of making the philosopher's stone to the military and have alchemists perform it in the fifth laboratory? According to dates from Falman, time of separation between the major blood-filled incidents are decreasing. Add to the fact that Wrath is the Fuhrur, it seems NOW is the time the stone is to be created. But why now? (Father seems to be made of philosopher's stones... even though he's on the machine, it's not like he's going to die anytime soon since he can use stones to heal himself.)

He needs human sacrifices who have experiences with opening the gate, aka human transmutation, advanced Alchemy stuff, remember Lust said to Al he was very precious after seeing Al got a spear without a circle.

And why are alchemists like the Elric brothers and Mustang important "human sacrifices" and somehow have enough "power" to be ordered "not killed"? And IMHO the most important question: What is the relationship between the nature of Amestris's alchemy and the creation of the philosopher's stone?

Oh, and the arrays that Mei use for rintanjutsu are also five pointed within a circle, except in the shape of a star XD

That's something that will be revealed very soon, I suppose. The girl will eventually meet up with Elrics and we will find out more about eastern alchemy, perhaps hohenheim will join the forces of light and tell Ed more about this.

Now we have known the main plot, chapter 67 marks the beginning of the end.
Dark_Fishie
hmm... but why does Father specifically want human sacrifices with experience in opening the gate/advanced alchemy abilities? Besides their skills in alchemy, what is the difference between those humans and the humans who can perform alchemy at a lesser level?

I still think Father introduced his type of alchemy to Amestris for a reason other than to select special human sacrifices though...
AA battery
Now we have known the main plot, chapter 67 marks the beginning of the end.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOoooOooooooooooooooooo~~......

I still hope that FMA will go over 100 chapters... ;_; (or ending right at the 100 mark sounds awesome as well)

but it seems that it won't last too long just judging from the overwhelming amount of information given in 67.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Dark_Fishie @ Jan 15 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]494537[/snapback]
hmm... but why does Father specifically want human sacrifices with experience in opening the gate/advanced alchemy abilities? Besides their skills in alchemy, what is the difference between those humans and the humans who can perform alchemy at a lesser level?

I still think Father introduced his type of alchemy to Amestris for a reason other than to select special human sacrifices though...

Well the thing I think is going on here is that Father is trying to become this world's God. He is a master of Amestrian Alchemy (and teacher) and yet there may even be limits to his power. The Anti-Alchemy field was a limited range and time remember, plus the fact he does need to be hooked up to a machine.

Here are my thoughts on it: Father wants to replace Truth and become God. He came close to it in Xerxes but that ended in failure somehow. Perhaps it was not enough or more importantly, Father couldn't control it. This is why he is looking for Sacrifices (i.e. Alchemists who have opened the gate), They would be placed at the main points of the array and act as limiters and guides for the alchemic reaction. They will be killed but more than likely the creation of a large philosophers stone will have another side effect: The Gate will breached open and Father can walk in and take over as the new Truth.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 16 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]494766[/snapback]
Here are my thoughts on it: Father wants to replace Truth and become God. He came close to it in Xerxes but that ended in failure somehow. Perhaps it was not enough or more importantly, Father couldn't control it. This is why he is looking for Sacrifices (i.e. Alchemists who have opened the gate), They would be placed at the main points of the array and act as limiters and guides for the alchemic reaction. They will be killed but more than likely the creation of a large philosophers stone will have another side effect: The Gate will breached open and Father can walk in and take over as the new Truth.

You know, I had a theory along those lines a while back (albiet rougher around the edges). Everyone shrugged it off.

Ah, but who's laughing now!?
Edamame
Wyrd Raven and Nepharski: I was actually thinking along those lines as well. I remember reading your theory a while back Nepharski, and feel rather stupid for not commenting on it. Although people may not agree, I find it to be a rather strong theory that appears to have some substantial backing in the manga Wyrd. (For example, Father's use of Gluttony as a 'fake' Gate of Truth, and his desire to keep the more prominent alchemist/those who have seen the gate alive as sacrafices makes a wonderful argument with regards to this theory.) I'm just rather curious how Father would be able to take over as Truth once he succesfully opened the Gate though. Now what part could Hohenheim possibly play in all of this?
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Edamame @ Jan 17 2007, 08:30 AM) [snapback]494800[/snapback]
I'm just rather curious how Father would be able to take over as Truth once he succesfully opened the Gate though. Now what part could Hohenheim possibly play in all of this?

Ah yes, now these are the important questions. Now there are many theories on this part in regards to Hohenheim and Father (such as they were brothers, one being split in half due to the Xerxes incident, etc). My best guess is that Hohenheim knows what is going on, he's had a chance to study Father's style of alchemy secretly. Now what is the best way to off set an alchemical reaction? Alter the transmutation circle either by destroying the circle or changing it slightly. Hohenheim would be able to subvert Father's plan and may even save Amestris, afterall he remembers the name of each soul in his philosopher's stone.

As to how Father would take over as truth, well it could be due to shear number of souls transmuted in the process or the gigantic philosopher's stone that would be created. It may be that with the gate open he can access more alchemic energy then he can now thuse creating a permanent anti-alchemy field that resonates with all types of alchemy or worse. He can trasnmute the world into his own image with the gate opened.
Edamame
Wyrd: I can definetly see Hohenheim attempting to alter the transmutation circle around Amestris. It reminds me of how Mei was telling Marcoh that there is a strong flow energy (ki) in the earth that the alcehemist can transmute at a distance. However, Mei remarks that the intense energy she feels under Amestris feels like the movement of thousands of people. Could Hohenheim be attempting to alter this flow of energy underneath Amestris with each individual philosopher' s stone that falls from his body?
nick fury
Hohenheim is trying to escape, he warned rockbell to leave as well. I don't understand why he hasn't tried to get Ed and Al out too. I think Father wants to become human so he no longer needs the machine to live. I think he can use the truth to become fully immortal without the machine. I just can't wuite figure out his and Hohenheims relation.
Nekokitty
This is what happens when I'm gone, huh? Phew, I thought I was going to miss this month's chapter, well I just looked at it and now I can't wait for the next one. Wonder what Hohenheim's doing? Is he Pride? *Gasp* Probably not.
ExhileVoid
I'm still thinking that Father created Hoenheim. When Ed and Al first met Father, he referred to Hoenheim as "It." I was wondering why didnt he use the word "He" when Father was talking Hoenheim if they almost equal. So Father must have been the creator of Hoenheim.

So basically, here's the "Frankenstein" scenerio:

Anime: Hoenheim created in Envy which Envy runs away and then turns on him.
Manga: Father created Hoenheim which Hoenheim runs away and now he's probably plotting to turn on Father and thwart his plans.
Astria
@Edaname - I like the idea of altering the flow of energy. However, wouldn't a more direct form of sabotage be destroying part of the underground circle being created by Sloth? Though, that would create a lot of instability in the ground...so maybe it wouldn't be the best way.

The idea of Father wanting to replace Truth forms an interesting hierarchy. Humans are - in the grand scheme of things - on the bottom. They have faith, science, mundane lives to fulfil. Then we have those humans who study alchemy, the science which brings them - as some see it - closer to 'god' then any religion can. The homunculi and Father are on a different level. Though sustained by the soul-energy within them, the homunculi's lives are still finite. Father (and Hohenheim) is still a bit of a grey area. I think that Izumi's adage of 'all is one and one is all' comes into this. Everything has its place within the system; alchemists, and even homunculi are ultimately bound by their own mortality - albeit in different ways. For Father to aim to become Truth, suggests that he intends to transcend the physical/mortal plane and become something else entirely. But would this break the cycle or merely enforce it, considering 'Truth' puts any transgressors back in their place? If it breaks it - I think there's more to it then Father creating and using the philosopher's stone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the human sacrifices corresponded to the points on the transmutation circle. On the subject, I want to know how Wrath will try to get Mustang to open the Gate.... It would have to be something pretty dramatic, as Roy knows what an attempt at human transmutation can cost you.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(ExhileVoid @ Jan 20 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]495856[/snapback]
I'm still thinking that Father created Hoenheim. When Ed and Al first met Father, he referred to Hoenheim as "It." I was wondering why didnt he use the word "He" when Father was talking Hoenheim if they almost equal. So Father must have been the creator of Hoenheim.

Actually What I see is more along the lines of Star Trek where Captain Kirk was split into two beings, one with the positive aspects and one with the negative aspects. There is an antagonism between the evil half and the good half. In a way I see this between Father and Hohenheim.
Tombow
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 20 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]495985[/snapback]

Actually What I see is more along the lines of Star Trek where Captain Kirk was split into two beings, one with the positive aspects and one with the negative aspects. There is an antagonism between the evil half and the good half. In a way I see this between Father and Hohenheim.

Star Trek, huh? laugh.gif Like, good and evil, Yin and Yang, East sage and West sage??
It's a bit too predictable, tho. I'm hoping to see some additional "twist" in FMA story-line. biggrin.gif
(Although, I'm a Star Trek fan, so I'm liking the analogy!! biggrin.gif )
riza hawkeye 9
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the human sacrifices corresponded to the points on the transmutation circle. On the subject, I want to know how Wrath will try to get Mustang to open the Gate.... It would have to be something pretty dramatic, as Roy knows what an attempt at human transmutation can cost you.

i was thinking about it too, that maybe father plans to use them as the points for the transmutation circle, according to the images of the PS created by marcoh he used 13 ishbalians ( and the PS wasn't perfect), now we have 5 porwefull alchemist that could be possible points (roy, ed, al, marcoh and perhaps kimbley), but only two of them had seen the truth's gate ?
so i'm starting to reject this ideia - mostly because what king brandely's said about roy, - that he will have him open the gate- open the gate doensn't mean become the PS .. but they did refers to them as human sacrifices.. so now arakawa really confused me!
i´m start to think that even father being the western sage he cant open the gate and need very powerful alchemist to do it together.. it's an ideia ? and would explain why king brandley needed to pick a hostage ( in roy's case since he never seen the gate) 'cause i really don't think that riza's position is just to make him stay in his place ... the fuhrer seems to have a bigger plan for her ... and after opening the gate he uses them as exchange for the stone..........

fma is driving me crazy T.T

and about what could possibly make roy open the gate ... well if it's really their intention ... it would be very cliché but treatning riza would be my shot ^^ ... pretty dramatic and arakawa already made clear that they are the weak points of each other ( lust battle - general grumman - elizabeth and etc)
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 21 2007, 01:59 AM) [snapback]496077[/snapback]
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 20 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]495985[/snapback]

Star Trek, huh? laugh.gif Like, good and evil, Yin and Yang, East sage and West sage??
It's a bit too predictable, tho. I'm hoping to see some additional "twist" in FMA story-line. biggrin.gif
(Although, I'm a Star Trek fan, so I'm liking the analogy!! biggrin.gif )

Tombow... i'm throwing it back to our oldschool conversations when we though Hoho-papa was superman.... so you know what i think? i think him and "Father" are very similar.... i think maybe Father might be a side affect of something Hoho-papa did a long time ago, and its obvious that hoho-papa knows how to used alchemy to the point were he can transmute bullets out of him and regenerate anything lost. ~_^ i know i know you missed me... i'll randomly appear now and then but Art School is eating up most of my life... anyways... you seen AoiSora around?
nick fury
I didn't remember father refer to ho as it. One thing that worries me is translation. It's the little intricacies like that which are absolutely vital to the story, and yet can be almost impossible for the translator to convey exactly as it originally appeared. If the translation is 100% spot on I think that line is really telling. Personally I would hope ho isn't a creation. What about this, just like ling is showing the ability to fight the greed from taking him over and I think by the end we are going to see that ling is triumphant over him. Perhaps ho ho was able to do the same thing as has achieved immortality. I can't wait to find out what the connection between father and ho ho is
ElvishVamp
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few chapters back Hoho-papa was looking for a specific spot seemingly in the middle of nowhere. That might have nothing to do with what he did this chapter, but if it does, why did he have to be at that specific location to do it?

Also, in chapter 42, when Hoho-papa was standing in front of Trisha's grave, he said "just a little while longer". This leads me to believe that whatever his ultimate goal is, he's been trying to achieve it since he left Resembool and I think Trisha knew what it was. I wonder why he went back to Resembool after all that time, though...
Astria
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Jan 29 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]498330[/snapback]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few chapters back Hoho-papa was looking for a specific spot seemingly in the middle of nowhere. That might have nothing to do with what he did this chapter, but if it does, why did he have to be at that specific location to do it?

I think, whatever he was using his stone for, Hoenheim was on that spot because it marks the position of one of the points of the transmutation circle being created beneath Amestris.
Mena
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jan 11 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]493347[/snapback]
Uh... Hola, Mena.
QUOTE(Mena @ Jan 11 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]493312[/snapback]
Bueno, yo he llegado a estas dos conclusiones:

Esta es una, porque ese tio fue el que hizo a Wrath(el Furer King Bradley) homunculo, así q... si suman dos y dos...

Me temo que has sumado dos y dos antes de saber qué números tenías que sumar. sleep.gif

Como bien dicen Nepharski y Kirara en el otro tema:
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 11 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]493317[/snapback]
[spoiler]Her stone disintegrated, people. She is gone. Stop trying to bring her back.[/spoiler]

Traducido: La piedra de Lust se desintegró. Se ha ido. Dejad de intentar hacerla volver.

Mis palabras:
Se quedó sin vidas. La lujuria no volvió a Papá. Ya no hay Lust.

A menos, claro, que él volviera a sacar la lujuria de su alma (más aún, ya que la que sacó no ha vuelto, se consumió. Eso le convertiría en un viejo verde ;p) y la metiera en otro cacho de Piedra. Pero no parece probable.

Ahora Kirara:
QUOTE(Kirara @ Jan 11 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]493328[/snapback]
Oh no Kimbley was not turned into a homunculus. That doctor from Bradley's memory just healed him using the stone and alchemy. The stone was not put in him or anything.

Trad:
Oh no, Kimbley no ha sido convertido a homúnculo. El doctor sólo le ha curado usando alquimia y la Piedra Filosofal. No le pusieron la Piedra dentro ni nada.

Mis palabras:
Cuando Raven llega, le dice a Kimbley que siga su misión. Él contesta que no puede dado su estado, a lo que Raven responde que no se preocupe, que ha traído un médico que sabe alquímia.

Es decir, el médico sólo le ha curado. A lo Marcoh o Mei Chan. Na más.
QUOTE(Mena @ Jan 11 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]493312[/snapback]
Y luego, intentando adivinar lo que dicen en japones, he descubierto esto:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Menavk/04-1.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Menavk/36.png

Si has leido y entendido esto, eres Dios ^^

No hace falta ser Dios para leer y entender esto. Sí, Raven le ha hecho la misma propuesta que a Grumman (era Grumman? nu recuerdo ahora sleep.gif), pero se la hace pq ha mordido el cebo de Ed/Milla, que ya saben que está en el ajo y quieren hacerla cantar.

Ten paciencia y no saques conclusiones tan rápido. happy.gif

--------------
@Neph & Kirara: Translated and explained happy.gif

Gracias por las tradus y demas ^^

Click to view attachment
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Men...v10c039p039.jpg
Click to view attachment
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Menavk/lust-2.jpg

<Edited to switch posting of two oversize pics from Image posting to attachments to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. ^^ 02/01/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@Mena - I switched the posting of your pics from Image posting to Attachments because the oversize pics were making the forum page to stretch sideways to accommodate.
(Click on the thumbnail pics, and they enlarge to larger size pics. biggrin.gif )
Hope you don't mind. ^^
nick fury
When do the next set of chapters come out? I just found this place, I was way behind, reading them as they were released in my comic book store. they only have up to like chapter 45 in there currently. I am so glad I found this site, now I can get the latest releases and have people to discuss them with.
Master Knight DH
I don't know if somebody noticed, but I'm bringing this up:

Mei mentioned about the feeling of people moaning below the ground of Amestris, and said feeling being stronger in Central. Central......isn't that where Homunculus HQ is?

Well, remember earlier Father nullified Ed and Al's alchemy at an earlier point......and it nullified various people's alchemy as well? People whose roles are extras? And while Ed was helping the various people later on, something disagreed with him.

Maybe this is just a theory, but could it be that Father is in fact powering the alchemy of Amestris? If so, for what purpose?
Tombow
@nick fury - Welcome to the FMA manga forum!!
Nice to have you with us for all the FMA manga discussions!! biggrin.gif
If you like, you can read scanlated (English) FMA manga, up to chapter 67 on Manga Viewer through our board!! Just click on Manga on the left side of this page!! biggrin.gif

@Master Knight DH - The way I understood about that Mei's comment, Mei was referring to that Homuncli HQ, or where Father is..when she said "when I was in the sewer, (or basement, or wherever she said...) at the Central." unsure.gif
nick fury
QUOTE(Master Knight DH @ Feb 4 2007, 03:42 AM) [snapback]500761[/snapback]
I don't know if somebody noticed, but I'm bringing this up:

Mei mentioned about the feeling of people moaning below the ground of Amestris, and said feeling being stronger in Central. Central......isn't that where Homunculus HQ is?

Well, remember earlier Father nullified Ed and Al's alchemy at an earlier point......and it nullified various people's alchemy as well? People whose roles are extras? And while Ed was helping the various people later on, something disagreed with him.

Maybe this is just a theory, but could it be that Father is in fact powering the alchemy of Amestris? If so, for what purpose?

They just draw their alchemic powers from two different sources. From the way I understood it No one who used the Amestris type of alchemy was able to do it at that moment. My theory is this, Amestrians use an alchemy that draws from human souls, sort of like the Anime. Xing Alchemists draw from the power of the earth or the Qi that flows through everyone. I wonder if Hohenheim was able to use alchemy during that period as well?

Tombow: Thank you for the welcome, I am up to chapter 67 and patiently awaiting 68, well ok not so patiently. I drive my wife crazy when I waiting for my comics or manga to come out. My computer died last weekend and my biggest fear was it would come out before I got my new one
ElvishVamp
QUOTE(Astria @ Jan 28 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]498334[/snapback]
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Jan 29 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]498330[/snapback]

I think, whatever he was using his stone for, Hoenheim was on that spot because it marks the position of one of the points of the transmutation circle being created beneath Amestris.

Isn't the northern point of the transmutation cirle the military base where Ed and Al are? I suppose it could be a different point. I think it's something else though.
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 67 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 67 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 67 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 62."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.