Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 33rd Annual Forum Awards!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News > Fullmetal-alchemist.com News > The 33rd Annual Forum Awards
Popogeejo
Welcome Ladies and Gents to the thirty third annual FMA Forum Awards!
Oh, the glitz, the glamour, the drunken tomfoolery! I sense minutes of mild entertainment ahead of us!
It's been an eventful year for the Forums. The addition of Debate District, the release of the FMA OVA’s, me joining, flame wars and abundant amounts of silliness have all had some effect on us all (admittedly not all for the best). Now it's time to celebrate this fine forum, its Admin and Mods and you guys, the n00bs wink.gif

(Cheesy speeches FTW)

The way these will work is very simple. There will be two stages to the process.

Stage 1: Nomination.
Those who feel so inclined may go through the list of categories below, and send me a PM with a list of people/threads/whatever you want to nominate (only one nomination per category and you may not nominate yourself). Please, please send all your nominations in one PM so as to save me time.
Nominations will go on for three weeks. The nominations message should contain all the relevant links and all that jazz. Thanks.

Stage 2: Voting.
After all that has been finalized and looked over by my team of analysts, a vast number of polls will be put up for each category in this sub forum and you fine, lovely and intelligent members can vote for the winners. The polls will be open for one week and winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

THE NOMINATIONS
The People
  1. Best Newbie (Person to join in 2006)
  2. Best Mod
  3. Best Admin
  4. Life time Achievement Award (Best Member overall)
  5. Best Debater
  6. Best Flamer
  7. Best Fanfic writer
  8. Best Fan artist
The Forum
  1. Best thread
  2. Best Debate
  3. Best little shop of Siggies (best Sig shop)
  4. Best Spam zone game/thread
  5. Best Avatar
  6. Best Sig
  7. Best FMA character discussion
The filler awards
  1. Funniest Thread of 2006
  2. Best Flame war of 2006
  3. Funniest incoherent Post of 2006
  4. Least useful post of 2006

Again, I repeat, please only send one PM if you can and put a bit of thought into your nominations. You DON'T have to nominate in all categories and in fact you don't have to nominate at all. But I'll know who you are, and I'll make sure everyone knows about your stinking pinko communist ways. tongue.gif

Oh, and for most of the categories, if you could take the time to include a link to any specific posts you might be nominating (by clicking the little number next to that post's subject line and date/time of posting) and making it clear which categories you are nominating for that would help Me out a lot. If I don't understand what you're talking about I'll PM you.

Nominations in end three weeks. This gives you horrible lot plenty of time to nominate me.

Prizes:Yes there should be prizes up for grabs (I hope.)
Individuals who win their categories will receive Custom titles. The Owner of the Sig/Avatar Shop that wins also gets a title.
Winner of best threads don’t get titles as such threads are a group effort.

Now get going people! Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to the awards, ask questions if you aren’t sure about something and worship me now.
Bakka
I nominate Popogeejo laugh.gif for best flamer

that is if i am allowed to nominate huh.gif

id also like to ask the point of all this? o.0 seems like it will hurt more than help but i suppose just allowing people to feel as if they are better than others will allow some *cough cough* publicity

furthermore i have given up all hope of being nominated for anything (-.-) not that i had any hope at all and i do however hope there will be one nominy for every class

GOOD LUCK
Popogeejo
that is if i am allowed to nominate
Everyone is allowed to nominate. It's the FMA.com awards!

Also. please send all your nominations via PM unless you have a god reason please, it helps to keep things in order.

id also like to ask the point of all this? o.0 seems like it will hurt more than help but i suppose just allowing people to feel as if they are better than others will allow some *cough cough* publicity

I honestly doubt anyone would be truly thrilled that they won "Least useful post" I'm sure if this concern was justified the mods and admin I ran the categories by would have said something.

furthermore i have given up all hope of being nominated for anything (-.-) not that i had any hope at all and i do however hope there will be one nominy for every class

I believe I have a well rounded amount of categories without it turning into an "Everyone wins a medal day."

If anyone has any questions please ask away, I'm not going to be mean smile.gif I want this to work and if thats means explaining things then I don't mind.
Riza-Hawkeye
Ooh, the best part of the awards, Popo is hosting. tongue.gif
But really this looks fun.
However I'm sure there has never been any 32 award ceremonies before this one. xD
Triss Hawkeye
...Best Newbie: Me dry.gif

Hmmm....*thinks* Who shall I nominate...
Ailuro
QUOTE(Riza-Hawkeye @ Jan 9 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]492866[/snapback]
However I'm sure there has never been any 32 award ceremonies before this one. xD

Which only goes to show that you haven't been here very long. wink.gif
Chiyo
I shall have to think on this one, considering some of the more creative peoples have gone now...but flamer! Oh boy could that take some thought.
Edamame
I have no idea why I am so amused by this. Popo, you certainly gave us some difficult choices. There are so many great people in this forum, and narrowing it down to one person per category should be a task all in its own. It should be fun though. (I already have somebody in mind for best flamer.)
Sharingan Serpent
Decisions, decisions laugh.gif this might be interesting to see

Triple_Soul_Alchemist
According to the IRC's 8 ball, I may just win a category.

But as to who /I'm/ voting for...hmm...you gave us some interesting categories, so, we shall see how it goes.
Ice Blizzard
I nominate Popo Himself for Best Flamer !!, And i'd like to also Nominate the one and only Tombow For Best Lifetime achievement!!!
Ailuro
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ Jan 10 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]493191[/snapback]
I nominate Popo Himself for Best Flamer !!, And i'd like to also Nominate the one and only Tombow For Best Lifetime achievement!!!

Read the directions. PM Popo with the nominations.
Razzy
If I nominate, do I have to nominate a person in each and every category? Or can I nominate in only a few different categories?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Jan 10 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]493195[/snapback]
If I nominate, do I have to nominate a person in each and every category? Or can I nominate in only a few different categories?

I'm sure only a few if you want.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Jan 11 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]493195[/snapback]

QUOTE(Popo)
You DON'T have to nominate in all categories and in fact you don't have to nominate at all.

Nominate for as few as you want.
sweety_pie
Wait, I have a question.

@Popo - If I sent you a pm (and I did) those were not votes, but nominations, and we are supposed to vote later, or what?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jan 15 2007, 04:50 AM) [snapback]494323[/snapback]
@Popo - If I sent you a pm (and I did) those were not votes, but nominations, and we are supposed to vote later, or what?

Yes, you will be asked to vote later.
The 5 most nominated members in each category will be put up in a poll and you you fine people will vote for an over all winner.
Even if you you don't nominate you can still vote.

EDIT
One and a bit weeks into this folks. Get those nominations in.
*Long hollow echo...*
ed's numbuh 1 fan
*sent a PM a few hours ago* smile.gif
I'm interested on who gets the nominations. :3
Edamame
Hey Popo, are we allowed to nominate a member for more than one categorey?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Edamame @ Jan 20 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]495760[/snapback]
Hey Popo, are we allowed to nominate a member for more than one categorey?

Yep. For example you can nominate the same person for best Mod and best member.

Double post for bumpage!

There is one week left. 7 whole days to get your much valued nominations in.
ed_drink_your_milk
Sorry, but, for the funniest incoherent post, should we put the name of the member who posted it, a link to the post, or should something else be done?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Jan 23 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]496864[/snapback]
Sorry, but, for the funniest incoherent post, should we put the name of the member who posted it, a link to the post, or should something else be done?

Preferably a link to the post or if you could quote it, that would be fine.
As long as I know who made the post and where it was made.
Carnal Malefactor
I think we need a 'funniest poster' category.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 31 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]498958[/snapback]
I think we need a 'funniest poster' category.

rolleyes.gif
If only you had asked 3 weeks ago...I'll choose a winner anyway when the polls close.

EDIT
There you go.
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=11055
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.