Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Manga Ending, How's It All Going To End? What Do You Think Would Happen At The End Of The Series?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
jelly_Ace
Hello! I'm a newbie here at the FMA forums, and the reason I joined is I wanna know what other FMA geeks geeks think would be the ending to the manga.

This is in light of the oft-stated fact that Arakawa-sensei said that when she started the series she thought about the beginning and ending first, and made the middle later (I think this is the gist of ithe statement). I was thinking that Arakawa-sensei might've thought of a very good ending for the series, and that's the reason why the middle parts are so good.

What do you think is the ending that Arakawa-sensei thought of? (Or, just post the FMA ending you think might happen XD)
Popogeejo
They all die in increasingly ironic ways.
Ryuu
Hm, I've never thought the ending, 'cause I don't want it to end! sad.gif But oh well, have to accept that no matter what, sob sob.
Maybe the ending will be a little like in the anime series, Edo sacrifices himself to get Al's body back. Then Winry and Al will happily until they and everyone else die. The Arakawa -sensei will start new manga "Edovaado's Adventures", that tells about Edo, who comes to life, but then he realizes, that everybody except some random characters are dead, and.. Well don't know what'll he do after that. wink.gif
Haha, if Arakawa -sensei won't do it, then I will! biggrin.gif I won't let FMA die so easily!
Reta McClain

- Ed and Winry get together one way or another.
- Same thing with Roy and Riza.
- Alphonse gets his body back, falls in love and eats apple pie (and gets a cat, of course).
- Ed doesn't get his limbs back 'cuz I say so.
- Gling turns normal and goes back to Xing to torture it with Ran Fan and their kids xP
- Havoc starts a cigarette factory and gives Roy a new lighter every year.
- Maria comes back from Xing and becomes Ed's faithful subortinate.
- Father gest trapped in the Gate and has a tea party with Truth-guy.
- Envy goes to North and freezes there and he becomes a favourite subject of Xingese tourists, who take so many pictures of him that Hughes would be proud biggrin.gif

Well... one can always hope *laughs*
Ryuu
Reta, just noticed, you're from Finland too. I was afraid that I'm the only one from Finland who uses this site. biggrin.gif

And no, no NO! Edo and Winry WON'T get together, NEVEER! Why? 'Cause I say so! (He's mine, ku ku ku!)
And yes, Al gets his own cat. Or two. Or three.
Squishy-chan
You can just give Envy to me. And I agree, Ed and Winry don't get together. Dude! She's like Sakura, minus a few points, and I don't like Sakura, minus a few points, or no.
[spoiler]
Ed is killed by Envy after finding out that he is his half-brother. Al brings Ed back, Ed saw Al's Malnourished body beyond the gates, Al can do clap alchemy now... Ed kills greed, Ed uses Envy's stone to cross beyond the gates to get Al's body... Ed is "blackmailed" (of sorts).. or like something.... [add more stuff here...]...[/spoiler] but not in quite that order... right?
Reta McClain
[offtopic] OMG! Sä oot Suomesta?! YAY! Third person from Finland in this forums! *makes happy Finnish-dance*
Care to be my friend? Or part of my nonexistant forum family? (Yeah, too lazy to write in Finnish...)[/offtopic]

Eh... Yes, I'm crazy tongue.gif

And they will get together! *pouts*
riza hawkeye 9
- Ed and Winry get together one way or another.
- Same thing with Roy and Riza.
- Alphonse gets his body back, falls in love and eats apple pie (and gets a cat, of course).
- Ed doesn't get his limbs back 'cuz I say so.
- Gling turns normal and goes back to Xing to torture it with Ran Fan and their kids xP
- Havoc starts a cigarette factory and gives Roy a new lighter every year.
- Maria comes back from Xing and becomes Ed's faithful subortinate.
- Father gest trapped in the Gate and has a tea party with Truth-guy.
- Envy goes to North and freezes there and he becomes a favourite subject of Xingese tourists, who take so many pictures of him that Hughes would be proud

you read my mind !!!!!!!!!

i dont have to say that my favorite part is tye second one ^^ !!!

and al will have lots of cats ( and marry mei-chan too - you forget about her XD)
AA battery
Everyone will die within the next 100 years.
Tombow
QUOTE (AA battery @ Jan 7 2007, 06:23 PM) *
Everyone will die within the next 100 years.

But, long before he dies, Ling will go back to Xing, and becomes the Emperor, change laws or tradition or whatever, (he's a Emperor, he can do that, yeah..) and marry RanFan!! tongue.gif
(Or, RanFan will serve him in some other way, and get married, and have lots of kids.)

But, seriously, I have no idea how FMA manga will end.
Love to hear some realistic predictions of possible endings from our FMA manga experts. biggrin.gif
Naivete
Heh, this is starting to sound more like a thread for fan-made predictions than a sensible one xP

I'm interested how Arakawa will keep to a sensible ending but satisfy her pairing-hungry fans tongue.gif
The random alchemist
hmm... well other than I don't prefer being called a "geek" I'll give my loving opinion.

I think that at some point they open the gate again and then their will be a HUGE battle with Pride (which will reveal himself).

In theory he will be a hot guy because apparently simblings look alike in FMA:
in row of creation:
-Pride
-Lust@
-Envy=
-Greed=
-Sloth.
-Gluttony.
-Wrath$
Envy and Greed look resemblant (really I find they do). Gluttony and Sloth look resemblant. Wrath is human so he doesn't count. So in theory Pride and Lust should look alike.

Beyond that, Pride will have this uber cool kickass ability and then they'll all fight with alchemy unnaffected by father. then while the gate is open, Al's body and soul will connect together and he'll be fine (and naked).
Then Ed will defeat Pride and Truth will be impressed and give his limbs back. Then Hohenhein will kill father and then he'll die cause their misteriously related somehow. And then because Father dies all the other homunculi things (being Greed that took over Ling and pocket Gluttony... and whoever else was alive at this point) will die too.
Then everyone will live happily ever after : D
The End!
Naivete
Pride will resemble Lust? Actually, I don't think that'll necessarily happen (Ling and Envy sure don't look alike sad.gif..unless you're talking about the previous Greed but I don't agree with that either)
Ahaha Pride had better look hot tongue.gif
Ryuu
Nooo, they won't get together. And yes, Winry's like Sakura, she always needs help, she even couldn't shot Scar, who murdered her parents. If I would be her, I'd have done that right away! Anime and manga are great, when there's strong and weak women, not ONLY crybabies, they make me.. cry. >.<
But I'll accept that Ling and Ran Fan would live together in the end. They are cute couple. ^o^

I really hope I'm not the only one, who doesn't like romance in shonen manga. Romance doesn't suit for shonen (except if it's funny teasing or something like that). Love is for shojo, yeah.
Gosh I'm the crazy one. But Edo will die/disappear/get almost killed, loses another arm and Al will get his own body back and Winry goes far away from Edo to learn more about auto-mails, that's my shonen end for this world's greatest manga ever, yeah!

OT:
QUOTE (Reta McClain @ Jan 7 2007, 12:13 PM) *
[offtopic]OMG! Sä oot Suomesta?! YAY! Third person from Finland in this forums! *makes happy Finnish-dance*
Care to be my friend? Or part of my nonexistant forum family? (Yeah, too lazy to write in Finnish...)[/offtopic]

Of course I can be your friend, let's share our FMA love! biggrin.gif Added you to my Friends -list.
Edamame
I have an odd feeling that Hohenheim will have a confrontation with Father and end up making a great sacrafice for both of his sons. (Sorry, Hohenheim fan here.)
I'm fairly up to date on the manga series, and like Tombow I really have no clue how the manga will end. Personally, I'm not expecting a happy ending where everyone including Truth-sama gets together and throws a giant party with cake and cookies. I'm expecting more of a bitter-sweet ending considering what Arakawa has been throwing us recently. (For some nagging reason, I can't help but to think that one of the Elric brothers isn't going to make it to the end.)
Nepharski
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jan 7 2007, 02:44 PM) *
Love to hear some realistic predictions of possible endings from our FMA manga experts. biggrin.gif

This may sound like fandabbling to some of you, but I predict that the human sides of Wrath and Greedling will come into play. Greed's already shown signs of Ling briefly taking control, and Hiromu Arkawa's invested a little too much time in Wrath's human side to make light of it later (she also said he'd play a bigger role in upcoming events). I foresee the two human Homunculi causing problems, for whatever reason, in the near future for the rest in the group. Ling's trigger seems to be Ran-Fan, and I suspect Wrath's might be Salem. If anything happens to that kid...
Ryuu
QUOTE(Edamame @ Jan 8 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]492561[/snapback]
I have an odd feeling that Hohenheim will have a confrontation with Father and end up making a great sacrafice for both of his sons. (Sorry, Hohenheim fan here.)

Hm, I haven't thought about Hohenheim's part in the end. Maybe he really will sacrifice himself for his sons, ne?
And I agree with that not-so-happy-ending. All Edo fans would cry the eyes out of their heads if Edo's going to die. (Well I would.. biggrin.gif )
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Ryuu @ Jan 9 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]492801[/snapback]
Hm, I haven't thought about Hohenheim's part in the end. Maybe he really will sacrifice himself for his sons, ne?
And I agree with that not-so-happy-ending. All Edo fans would cry the eyes out of their heads if Edo's going to die. (Well I would.. biggrin.gif )

if Edo dies in the end I'd prefer this ending over the anime >___> Edo annoys me... Al should be the hero in the end!
pawnedbyme
I think they all die in the end and and ametris is like wiped out.
Tombow
I agree with Edamame. Father and Hohenheim confrontation seems inevitable, and Hohenheim sacrifycing himself is a good possibility.

I also agree with Nepharski about human sides of Wrath and Greedling coming into key factors.

I still don't know what Mei Chan's role will be, and what Ed's military friends will do. I'm sure Armstrong, and for that matter, Roy and Grumman, they all play some parts. I just can't guess how that parts of the story would go yet.
Triple Soul
I too agree with Edamame and Tombow -- a Hohenheim + Father confrontation seems very likely, and Hohenheim sacrificing himself for his children seems likely, too. (In which case, you can expect to see me looming around the forum, probably bawling my eyes out).

I also get the feeling we're gonna lose a major character by the end of the series. Not nessesscarily Ed or Al, but one of the main protagonists. Not gonna name names, though, in the case I jump to conclusions too soon. P=
TheSnig
here's some random predictions I have
i think the alchemy array on hawkeyes back will come back...
the homunculi will try to make mustang 'open the gate'...maybe envy will (try to) kill hawkeye disguised as mustang (I hope not though sad.gif )
I think Izumi will die, hohenheim will die,scar will die. At least one very major character will be killed. Mei will heal havoc, sonething will happen with the 'double personalities' of greed/ling and bradley/wrath.It's been said before, ranfan and Salim.
I think something will happen to the ppl at briggs very soon...
is the series ending soon??
nooo, my fma! Don't leave me!
Astria
QUOTE(TheSnig @ Jan 21 2007, 01:26 AM) [snapback]495932[/snapback]
here's some random predictions I have
i think the alchemy array on hawkeyes back will come back...
the homunculi will try to make mustang 'open the gate'...maybe envy will (try to) kill hawkeye disguised as mustang (I hope not though sad.gif )
I think Izumi will die, hohenheim will die,scar will die. At least one very major character will be killed. Mei will heal havoc, sonething will happen with the 'double personalities' of greed/ling and bradley/wrath.It's been said before, ranfan and Salim.
I think something will happen to the ppl at briggs very soon...
is the series ending soon??
nooo, my fma! Don't leave me!

I definitely think that the array on Hawkeye's back will be mentioned again. Even after reading the end of the Ishbal flashback, I still refuse to believe that the whole of Mr. Hawkeye's work boils down to Roy's simpler array. There's got to be something more than that.

Oooh, Mei healing Havoc! I hadn't thought of that, but it is a possibility, he's not actually lost any part of his body, so the flow of energy, as it were, just got interrupted. That might actually work. We know Mustang and Breda haven't given up on Jean yet, so I'm also hoping he gets a happy ending. The idea that Bradley would have Riza killed to force Mustang into opening the Gate is too obvious a possibility to end up being right (I hope). I also want to see Roy's team getting back together - if they know their colonel's in trouble, there's no way in hell they'd not put up a fight to defend him. The one thing the Ishbal flashbacks didn't cover that I wish we could have seen is how Mustang ended up with them in the first place.
I personally think Amestris's giant array will be activated, or at least partially activated, so Father will have the leverage to coerce the human sacrifices into action. Lots of people would be killed.

Father keeps everybody in line with some sort of promise or threat: he's holding Riza and Winry hostage to keep Ed, Al, and Mustang in check, and gives empty promises of immortality to the military high command so they'll obey Wrath. But his current hostages aren't enough to convince the human sacrifices to sacrifice *their entire country* using the giant transmutation circle. My belief is that Father will either kill a large portion iof the country or trap them within philosopher's stones, and give the human sacrifices a fleeting chance to regain their loved ones using human transmutation. It makes perfect sense: Father's goal is to open the doors, which requires human transmutation. And Wrath said of Roy Mustang: "His compassion is his greatest strength, and his greatest weakness. *I will have him open the gate*.", bringing a smile to Father's face.

We'll probably find out if I'm correct when Marcoh explains how he helped the homonculi. They abducted him for a reason, and Marcoh hasn't told Mei or Scar how he helped Father during his recent internment. When we find out, we'll likely know much more about Father's plan and Amestrisian alchemy.
Platinum_Alchemist
-intakes breath 'cause this could take a mintue or two- Well, Ed and Winry will get over their childish fear and say how he feel about each other. Al will get his body back and get a kitten. Ed will be stuck with Automail ('Cause it's cooler then normal limbs). All the humunculi will DIE ('Cause their evil and all) Havoc will finally find a girlfriend. Mustang and Hawkeye will get together. Then Mustang will become Fuhrer, and Ed will be mad about that. Every female will vote against mini skirts. Pinako will be mad at Ed 'cause he preposed to Winry and they'll get married and and and be all cute together -squeals-
Toby-Chan
I suspect that now that Liore has been returned as a plot device that we may see Rose again, if only briefly, most likely just before her tragic but liberating demise, and serve as a catalyst to force Ed to wonder in hindsight if all the damage he's caused along the way was worth it.

Like said before, lots of irony will probably be employed.

Though the series has pulled some pretty good twists, considering that it's still a shonen manga, it'll probably end happily... in a way.
Popogeejo
Call me stupid but has it been said why Daddy wants to open the gate? He's already immortal as far as I know so it can't be that.

(Forgive me, I am woefully behind in the Manga, I lost almost all of it when my computer died and I have not got round to re-downloading it.)
Wyrd_Raven
Call me stupid but has it been said why Daddy wants to open the gate? He's already immortal as far as I know so it can't be that.

Well there is so much more power to be gained from opening the gate. Such as ultimate knowledge and of course... becoming a god. Father has shown limitations to his body, if he could become Truth then it means Father has more power.
Toby-Chan
He doesn't want to live off the machine, I suppose.

I don't know if this belongs in another thread, but I have a sinking feeling of someone else who's going to die and it's kind of intermingled with my suspicion of who Pride is-

[spoiler] If Pride is Falman, then the homunculi will know that Ed has ratted out their secret to General Armstrong, and it's possible that Winry might be killed as a punishment, or perhaps they will kill all the people in Rush Valley around her as a threat and they'll keep her alive but barely to remind Ed of where his loyalties should lie. [/spoiler]

Also- Ed Al Izumi, and I think maybe Roy have been suggested as possible 'human' sacrifices. Going with the popular theory of what the human sacrifices are meant to do, there should be one more (I think?), and hopefully the identity will be a big surprise.
Triple Soul
@ Father wanting to be able to live off the machine...call me crazy, but hasn't he been able to move and live freely without it? Whenever I think of someone hooked up to a machine, I think of someone who can't be disconnected at all without dying soon thereafter (unless his machine is different). Correct me if I am wrong, by all means, I have a terrible memory when it comes to the manga. Otherwise, him opening the Gate for that would make perfect sense.
Astria
He definitely wasn't connect to a machine when he fought off Ed and Al in ch. 54 - just standing in one place transmuting things. I do think that the machines are some form of life-support, but its been shown that Father can survive for at least a short amount of time - and perform alchemy - without being connected to the machine.

@Toby-chan - [spoiler]The first time I read it, I thought the Falman-Pride thing was a joke (mostly because people were going on about us never having seen his eyes), but it *would* be a nifty little move on the part of Father (it would bugger the chess analogy, mind you, which is one I rather like). It would put a very nice spin on Falman's attitude throughout the series, especially in regards to Mustang.

If Pride is a character we know, I'll be interested to see who it is if it *isn't* someone who has a connection to Mustang. The man gets hold of his followers and defends them to the death - an exploitable weakness. Thanks to Wrath's non-too subtle threat, Winry is emotional leverage to keep Ed in line. I can easily see the homunculi exploiting this, as you said. And if you're right about Falman, it'll be soon.

For me, seeing Pride turn out to be one of Mustang's close followers would be brilliant. Considering how much Mustang relies on the belief that he has support behind him, that would be an awesome twist.[/spoiler]

I would have thought Marcoh would be another possibility for a human sacrifice, didn't Envy say so when they talked? But then, that would be an easy choice, and I'm having too much fun for it to all have a simple answer.
Sannom
Winry is emotional leverage to keep Ed in line. I can easily see the homunculi exploiting this, as you said. And if you're right about Falman, it'll be soon.

Yeah, but don't you think that Winry will come to Briggs and will have here the best of all protections : the walls of Briggs, the soldiers and Olivia... I think that not even the Homonculus would be able to dedeat easily such a tough opponent! And I think that Winry will be really "happy" in this place where technology is more important than alchemy!
Astria
That would be one way around it, the slight problem being that Ed may be thinking that Winry is safer away from him then close by (wrongly, considering the extent of Wrath's reach). Olivia might agree to let Winry in, as she's already concerned by what Ed has told her. The state of Ed's automail would give a perfect plot device for Winry to travel to Briggs. She really would love the technology - even though it is all for military use.

If the homunculi wished to enter the base, even Briggs wouldn't stand a chance. We've seen what both Envy and Gluttony are capable of in their true forms, and from the looks of things Sloth could probably take down the walls (albeit v. slowly).
Toby-Chan
If Winry does show up in the Briggs... it'll be Envy. Seriously, Winry has no reason to go out and join them there, and Wrath will probably have a way set up of keeping her stationed where she is.

My strongest suspicion is that some people she's taken care of in Rush Valley will be killed as an indirect threat and she'll be forced to call Edward and tell him what has been done and what else is being threatened if he doesn't follow orders. They'd have to threaten other people; I think if Winry knew her own life was in danger and she knew something greater was at stake lying on the variable of Ed's loyalty, she'd tell him not to fall for their threat and that she'd rather be killed.

Speaking of threats, do you suppose that once the homunculi catch up with Marco, they'll divulge to him that his town was wiped out because of his escape?
Reta McClain
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 28 2007, 02:14 AM) [snapback]497970[/snapback]
If Winry does show up in the Briggs... it'll be Envy.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the sin of Envy could killed if he was somewhere cold? Which means that Envy can't go to the Briggs because he freezes and dies (?)
It was some Manga sins topic in this site, the one where everyone talked about correct punishments for the Homunculi. (Boiling water/oil/something along the lines for Greed, flames for Lust and eating snakes for Gluttony.) It was commented there that Envy wouldbe punished in cold.

And sheesh. Envy is always there where it's happening and now happenings are up in the Briggs Mountains. Then why he isn't there? I think he can't go there.

*yawn* Sorry if I offended someone with this post. I'm just tired so don't take it too seriously.
Toby-Chan
I know of the analogies, though it makes me wonder why Sloth wasn't killed from being punished by father before.

Basically what I was saying is that it makes no sense for Winry to go up to the Briggs.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 28 2007, 01:14 AM) [snapback]497970[/snapback]
Speaking of threats, do you suppose that once the homunculi catch up with Marco, they'll divulge to him that his town was wiped out because of his escape?

huh.gif {?

It was not.

Kimbley has the order to blow it away if it's confirmed that Marcoh escaped with Scar. He hasn't been able to confirm it (he was told Scar's been seen around with a middle aged man, who happened to be Yoki), plus he's only been in the north... Therefore, no town-blowing yet, thx.
Toby-Chan
Ah, well, I was wondering if they would do it anyway since they're pretty certain he escaped alive.
CSakuraS
Basically what I was saying is that it makes no sense for Winry to go up to the Briggs.

Well, Ed was told that he should call her over on a business trip, and it's likely he won't be allowed to go outside until he gets his automail suited for the cold.
Kirara
Not to mention Winry already knows Ed is up North and that is bad for the automail. I personally think Winry will end up in Briggs. Arakawa showed us a scene of Ed telling Winry where he was. Arakawa does not usually show scenes for nothing.
Astria
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 28 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]497970[/snapback]

Seeing as the town hasn't been destroyed yet, I do think that the homunculi will hold it over Marco's head as a threat for as long as possible. He hated Envy condensing human lives down to equivalence (the fate of a village vs. Amestris as a whole). So as long as Marco's home is at risk, there's chance of him co-operating if he feels he has no choice. But if the homunculi take that away by destroying the town, he might simply give up, like he tried to do when Scar first found him. Scar was right in ch. 57, as Marco's far better off throwing in his lot with those who would *fight* the homunculi, rather than working with them under the delusion it would somehow protect his town.
Jedi28
I know the Anime and the Manga permanently diverged around Volume 6 or thereabouts (and it really was already divergent before then) but I also know the creators knew what was going to happen and I've been noticing lately components from the Anime that are now making appearances in various forms in the Manga (really it's the other way around since the Manga story would have come first but you get the idea). Some of those examples of things from later chapters are:
-Ed in a second fight with Scar
-Roy killing a Homunculus by repeatedly burning it until there's nothing left
-Someone attempting to use automail desconstruction and being unable to because the automail is a different metal
-Ed in stocks
-During the second fight with Scar when Al first joins Ed they both clap hands and send things out of the ground at Scar. Al sends spikes, Ed sends snakelike creatures that look exactly like the ones sent at him by Dante.
-The whole meeting between Ed and his father is similiar to what happened in the Anime with him leaving immediately the next day.
-Finding out that Liore (or Reole) was indeed pretty much destroyed by a civil war and by the military escalating the violence.
-The Elrics setting out to track down Scar (in the Anime it was to question him about the Ishbal philosopher stone, in the Manga it's to question him about why his alchemy wasn't sealed)
-Kimbley being directly responsible for the deaths of Scar's family and it happening relatively similiar to how it was shown in the Anime
-The military planning to kill the Rockbells (in the Manga Scar did it for them but it was planned)

There are more, but those are the ones that I can think of right now. Anyway, it makes me wonder what else is in the Anime that will appear in the Manga. Clearly Dante isn't there (thank God) and I doubt any of the major plotpoints from the Anime will appear (such as Al becoming the stone since we already know that the Homunculi have stones as their core so really Ed just needs to get ahold of one of them AND Scar in the Manga isn't trying to create a stone nor is the tattoo on his arm related to a stone). ANYWAY, some of the aspects such as Ed and/or Al sacrificing themselves, Al getting his body back but Ed keeping his automail, a bittersweet ending, I wonder if any of those components will show up in the Manga?

Rampant speculation obviously and I don't know if it even matters any but I have been noticing some basic similarities so it makes me wonder. Sorry if it sounds stupid but I thought I'd point it out. I wouldn't be surprised if the end has at least some of the same components (again not the same story but basic things such as a sacrifice or a not entirely happy ending).
Sannom
Personnaly, I think that there will be another point of the anime in the manga : the source of enerfy for transmutation. For Alchemy, it will come from the many souls that are inside Father. For Rentanjutsu, it will come from the death of every living being on the earth : if there is a flow of power in each human, then this flow will "return to earth" once they die...
Jedi28
I completely agree that I think that Anime point will definitely come up in the Manga. The Anime arc never really made sense to me in the way that they used it. Ed's brilliant but he never once wondered about where the energy for his alchemy was coming from, especially since the fact that he's getting energy from seemingly nowhere would directly violate the Law of Equivalent Exchange? It makes me wonder if they took a plot point then from the Manga that they thought was interesting and then tried to make it fit the plot of the Anime but it fell a bit short due to the fact that it was intended for the Manga plot and couldn't be completely melded to the changed Anime storyline.

It makes more sense in the Manga where the Xing alchemy comes from a volcano (as I understand) and then the Amestris alchemy comes from the Earth, meaning Ed DOES know where his energy is coming from, or at least he thinks he does. In the Anime it turns out that his alchemic energy is coming from souls from the other side of the gate. In the Manga it has been mentioned several times that there is something wrong with Amestris and especially with it's alchemy. Recently we just learned that one person feels as if there are thousands of people underneath the ground in Amestris writhing about. What if Amestrian alchemy is based off the energy of those souls and they've been lied to about it being from the Earth's flow? If Father created Amestris and put all the souls underground to be used for alchemy (for whatever reason) it would make sense that he could seal it whereas people using Xing alchemy wouldn't be sealed because they're not using alchemy that's effectively provided by Father, they're using alchemy that actually is from the Earth.

So, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed discover he's actually using the souls of the dead in his alchemy AND at the end of the Manga to see him reject that alchemy (or loose the ability to use it at all if they defeat Father) and either A. give up alchemy all together or B. Learn Xing alchemy which seems to have the added advantage anyway of being able to transmute at a distance (as opposed to having to "send" the transmutation to whatever place you want it to go to.
mysticwateralchemist
Wow, some really great theories! biggrin.gif

I've always wondered, where does the Equivelent Exchange apply to the energy used when you change the form of something using Amestris Alchemy? The alchemy that people who come from Xing use comes from the earth's flow of energy, but where does the Alchemy that Ed, Al, and others from Amestris come from? I hope that we find out at the end.

Oh, I almost forgot, I think that Edward will die trying to get Alphonse's body back. sad.gif Poor Edo!
TheSnig
I think there will be the return of something involving Shou tucker, because that probably traumatized ed more than anything else throughout the entire manga.
I think envy might die soon sad.gif
Jedi28
I would actually argue the most traumatizing event for Ed was when he saw all the souls that made up Envy's true from. He actually has a semi-nervous breakdown and temporarily gives up, almost allowing Envy to eat him. It's a matter of opinion, though since Tucker is dead I'm not sure what he could do though I could see something from his research into chimeras coming into play.

mysticwateralchemist- According to the Manga Amestrain alchemy derives it's energy from the movement of the Earth's crust (basically earthquakes of any size which create energy and they use that). In Xing the alchemy derives it's energy from a volcano. However, when Marcoh explains this to one of the characters from Xing (can't remember her name right now) she claims that what she feels under the ground is NOT energy from the movement of the Earth's crust but it actually the souls of people writhing about which suggests Ed is actually using human souls as energy in his alchemy but thinks he's using the power of the Earth. Who knows though, have to wait and see.
mysticwateralchemist
mysticwateralchemist- According to the Manga Amestrain alchemy derives it's energy from the movement of the Earth's crust (basically earthquakes of any size which create energy and they use that). In Xing the alchemy derives it's energy from a volcano. However, when Marcoh explains this to one of the characters from Xing (can't remember her name right now) she claims that what she feels under the ground is NOT energy from the movement of the Earth's crust but it actually the souls of people writhing about which suggests Ed is actually using human souls as energy in his alchemy but thinks he's using the power of the Earth. Who knows though, have to wait and see.

Oh, ok! I thought that the Xing alchemy came from the earth, not from a volcano, I guess I got it a little confused. tongue.gif
Tombow
@mysticwateralchemist - According to what I understand, Xing Alchemy does use Earth's own energy flow, or "force" as Mei Chan has explained in Manga. Amestris Alchemy, according to Marcoh is using Earth 's crust movement.. right, everyone?? unsure.gif
jefe
or "force" as Mei Chan has explained in Manga

i think the jedis will stop the military XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.