Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anniversary Chat Party 2007
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News > Fullmetal-alchemist.com News > The Circle Of Friends
mei_tenshi
It's still a while yet, but considering how hard it is to contact some of the older members, I figured the sooner we start planning the chat party, the better, so:

I declare that preparations for fullmetal-alchemist.com's Anniversary Chat Party 2007 have begun~

First off, the Chat Party will take place during the weekend of May 27--roughly from Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27. This way, we can accommodate the highest number of people (and we won't have to deal with timezone differences =P).

The client: IRC, in the CoF channel (#CircleOfTyrants) on the Rizon server. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, the interface is simple, and you don't have to worry about people you don't know getting a hold of your screenname (in the case of AIM) or email address (in the case of MSN). Well, that's my opinion. If there is popular demand for the use of other chat clients for the party, we can organize those as well, but I figured it would be best to have everyone at the same place. Another reason that I opened this thread so early: so people have time to get and get used to IRC before the event. If you need guidance with setting it up, check out the IRC help thread.

We also need to contact the members who may not see this thread (or learn about the party) by the time of the forum's anniversary. Obviously, we're not going to contact every member there ever was, and I can't possibly make up an old-members guest list by myself. I need your help coming up with a master list as well as figuring out who's responsible for making sure that they know what's going on, in case they don't check the forums regularly.

Well, that's plan so far. I think the forum's anniversary would be a great opportunity for members past, present, and yet to join to meet and exchange forum stories, reminisce, and have an all-around good time. smile.gif

So there it is: questions, suggestions, post them here~
Popogeejo
Just so you know, I'm trying to get Project Panda Splats big finish to happen in May. No promises. though.
Popogeejo
Double for justice!
On review I don't think it would be practical to string out the awards for over 4 months. It would get to confusing.
As such I propose a smaller mid-year awards thingy. A bit more basic but still an event for the birthday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.