Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al At The End Of Series (in Episode 51)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hakai-kun
<Edited the thread title from "Alphonse Elric" and subtitle "*spoilers for 51*" to "Al at the end of series (in episode 51)" in my attempt to better describe the content of this thread, and also moving the thread from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum where all episode specific character discussion threads are being collected currently. 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

I don't know about you guys, but my friends and I were a tad dissapointed that Aru was a 10-year-old with amnensia. dry.gif

...wants to see a hot, older Aru in the "other world" laugh.gif
Renkinjutsushi
It didn't really bother me at all.

if you think about it it really makes sense.
1. no one really knows if beyond the gate or even in the gate has the same time/age-ing as this world does (perhaps i should say 'that world').
2. alphonse didnt have a physical brain to store those memories in.
3. the body tha the got back was his 'original' body, so that then only his 'original' memories would be intact.

that is just my view on it. what do you all think?
Lord Odenetheus
Well, the memories could be stored in the Soul, seeing as how Hohenheim got his soul severed from his body, yet had them intact when the new body shaped beyond the gate.
Kihaku
Oh well... I didn't expect him to get back his body at all let alone a "in the mean time developed" one and it would be logical to assume that his 10-year-old self wouldn't have the memories his soul "had experienced". The memories are in the mind, though well.. Hohenheim's case does prove to be a little different... but I guess it would be too much asked to get both body and memories back.
Elderberry
Um, I'm not sure, but I think they kind of said that Al's memories went into the cost of the transmutation too, so Ed only lost part of his body...

I kind of wanted to see a more grown up Al too...but maybe they're saving that for the movie?
Renkinjutsushi
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 18 2004, 10:16 AM)
Um, I'm not sure, but I think they kind of said that Al's memories went into the cost of the transmutation too, so Ed only lost part of his body...

I kind of wanted to see a more grown up Al too...but maybe they're saving that for the movie?

yeah.....part of the price that was paid was the experience of searching for the stone etc. but i want to know, why did ed have his automail back at the end of ep. 51???
Quistis88
I voted "Both of the above". I was sad that he lost all he experienced in those years together with his brother, but I do understand that it was the price they had to pay. And I, too, want to see "Hot Al". I'm under the impression that Al might even be hotter than Ed, since Al does have some sort of gentlemanly aura about him most of the time.
Renkinjutsushi
you girls are all really wierd......wanting an anime character.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Quistis88)
I'm under the impression that Al might even be hotter than Ed, since Al does have some sort of gentlemanly aura about him most of the time.

Although I am a bigger Ed fan, I, too, am under the impression that Al might be hotter than Ed. Gentlemanly aura? Maybe...But to me, it has something to do with the hairstyle. tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Oct 18 2004, 07:08 PM)
Although I am a bigger Ed fan, I, too, am under the impression that Al might be hotter than Ed. Gentlemanly aura? Maybe...But to me, it has something to do with the hairstyle. tongue.gif

Al's always so . . . gentle and chivalrous, and I like that about him. smile.gif
Kasumi
Yes, Al deserves more attention than he's getting. Especially after ch. 39, he really deserves a hug.
Queen of the dammed
No preferences, because he still won't be old enough to loook like the hot Al in his 20s that I have in my head....
hakai-kun
as much as it makes sense and is logical that it was his 10-year-old self, i'm still dissapointed. My Aru fandom has slowly been increasing to the point where it was above Roy [though no Ed] but after epi 51, he became even with Roy. l0l.
It's also sad that he doesn't remember all the hardships he and Ed went through and everything that happened. all the people he met.
I wonder too, how they explained to him about who Rose was, Winry being so much older then him when she's supposed to be only a year older, their house being burnt down, etc. dry.gif
And I can't delete my mental image of Aru always being taller then Ed. l0l.
Queen of the dammed
Al might have a growth spurt... and if Ed comes back then... yeah...
Kasumi
Hasn't Al always been taller than Ed? (Before he became the armor.) Considering Al has been reverted to being 10 again (and he'll probably have his growth spurt at 12 or 13) and Ed still has his "heavy" automail...ahehe... ^^;;
Queen of the dammed
I wanna see Ed's reaction in the movie!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Kasumi
I do too, however, wouldn't Ed expect Al to be taller than him anyways?
Riza Babe
Its sad thta he lost his merories sad.gif
Queen of the dammed
I mean the reaction that he's reverted back to before he was 'Armorfied'
hakai-kun
l0l. yeah, i wonder what Ed would say.
"Holy shit, Aru! You're tiny!!"
"That's not very nice, Nii-san. You're not exactly tall either."
"Yeah, but... But you're Al! It's clearly written in fangirl unwritten law that you have to be taller then me!"
>.<
XD yeah, sorry. bored dry.gif
Queen of the dammed
laugh.gif I like that!!!!
Omakase Shimasu
OK, I can't chose, too damn hard.

And I like that too, hakai-kun! biggrin.gif Doesn't it inspire you to go write a fic right now? *nudges-wink-nudges*
Queen of the dammed
Al: Nissan, you've grown....
Ed: You've shrunk...
Al: but I'm still taller than you....

Al's supposed to have reached his growth spurt.... tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Aaa~ah, drabble pieces and skitz always make my day. biggrin.gif Encore!
Queen of the dammed
Ed: SOOOO NOT FAIR!!!!!!! *Spazzes around for ten minutes*
Al: At least we're following the laws of fandom....*Sheepish gri*
hakai-kun
yes! follow the laws of fandom! laugh.gif hahaha
And yeah, Kase, it *does* make me wanna write a fic/drabble >.< I'm such a fangirl...
Queen of the dammed
Roy: Fullmetal... you seem to have shrunk..... *Is comparing him with Al*
Ed: %$^#%$#^%$^%^&$%#&%$!!!! It's just because you can't see properly now!!!!!!
Al: Nisan... who IS this one eyed guy????
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif You really like doing this, don't you, Queen? smile.gif And if that's what it takes to be a fangirl I stink at it. -__- I really can't find any inspiration for a sequel... o.o Sorry, I'm going off-topic.
hakai-kun
I saw a pic in a magazine with human Al at the end of the series and Ed from right before he went through the gate. and... w00t! Aru's taller then Ed! sugee~!
t3h fangirl in me is happy! l0l
Queen of the dammed
You really like doing this, don't you, Queen?  And if that's what it takes to be a fangirl I stink at it. -__- I really can't find any inspiration for a sequel... o.o Sorry, I'm going off-topic.

Don't worry Kase, it's what you're supposed to do laugh.gif I dunno, it just comes out form nowhere.... tongue.gif Well on with the story:
Ed: He is the Baka one-eyed Taisa who happens to be single despite his popularity with the opposite sex....* Evil Ed smile*
Roy: Actually Fullmetal, I'm married to Riza and I have three kids, whom are definately all taller than you. *Evil RoySmirk*
Ed: WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SMALL THAT HE'S SHORTER THAN A THREE YEAR OLD KID!!!!!!!!!!! * Spazzes for another ten minutes*
Al: Ahhhhhh.... the laws of fandom can never be broken..... *sighs*
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(hakai-kun @ Nov 12 2004, 06:55 AM)
I saw a pic in a magazine with human Al at the end of the series and Ed from right before he went through the gate. and... w00t! Aru's taller then Ed! sugee~!
t3h fangirl in me is happy! l0l

*__* I have to see that pic!! You lucky, lucky girl, you.

And I guess I've come up with an answer. Although I really would have loved to see a tall and hot human!Al, I already kinda knew he was going to turn out like this... So I'm not really disappointed, but... Ah well. I'm just going for it!! Yay for hot oekaki!Al!! X3

@Queen: Is this weekly updated? I'd like to know when to expect a sequel. X3 Haha, Roy just cracks me up in here... Roy: Actually Fullmetal, I'm married to Riza and I have three kids, whom are definately all taller than you. *Evil RoySmirk* X3 X3 X3 Poor Ed.
hakai-kun
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Nov 11 2004, 11:43 PM)
Al: Ahhhhhh.... the laws of fandom can never be broken..... *sighs*

Yay for the laws of fandom-ism!! laugh.gif

oh, and Kase I agree. I'm not as dissapointed because I knew it was coming. But still... it was nice to hope? XD
Omakase Shimasu
Yes, it certainly was... *__* Well, we still have wonderful authors and fanartists to turn to anytime we have a craving for hot!Al. X3 You guys are the best.
Queen of the dammed
Given a chance, Al could have beed even be HOTTER than Ed!!!!!!!
Fangirls: OMG!!!!!! LOOK AT AL!!!!! HE'S SO HOT!!!!!!! Oh yeah... Ed's kinda hot too...
Ed: Whaaaaaa!!!!! My popularity within the fangirl community has droppped!!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *Spazzes for a very long time*
Al: Sorry nissan.... couldn't help it.. *sheepish grin*
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Reminds me of that time in the manga where Al receives his clap-hands-technique and Ed weighs his' and Al's cons and pros against one another. smile.gif Poor Ed.
Queen of the dammed
Let us hope that perhaps Al would become very hot when he gets restored in the manga... biggrin.gif
I lived the fact in that scene that a cat was falling onto the scale as well!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif 'T was one of the most amusing panels I'd ever seen.

A cat? blink.gif I never noticed...

And yes, I do hope Al's going to get both his (taller than Ed) body and hot looks. *__* And maybe I still have hope for the movie. If he receives his growth spurt (dunno how to say this in English -__-) during the two years... he'd be taller than Ed in the movie~!! *__* I'm gonna be praying for that to happen.
hakai-kun
same here! I'll hope for that too! laugh.gif

Oh yes, I remember that panel. And the cat too. It was a little... random. XD Funny though! Poor Edo-kun -glomps- oh wait! not glomp >.< That reminds me of the crazy freshie fangirl at school who glomps me and calls me Edward-chan. blink.gif eww.. dry.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Why would she do that? blink.gif
hakai-kun
l0l. because one time I dressed up as Edward and she saw me and was like "Edward!" and she glomped me. blink.gif I found out later that she's a friend of my friend so now she knows me dry.gif so whenever she sees me she screams "Edward-chan!" And then glomps me. tongue.gif It's amusing except for the fact that I don't like someone I don't really know glomping me >.<
Kinda scares me, y'know?
Oh, since I'm on the topic. Her name's Alex and my friend and I refer to her as 'Louie' After Alex Louie Armstrong. Because she 'sparkles' like him. XD
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I would love to see a picture of you guys dressed up as Edward and Armstrong. X3 You totally fit the image what with all the glomping. (Um, no offense meant toward her looks biggrin.gif;;)

Totally unrelated: Blah, I just got bopped upside the head by a plot bunny. @_@ And it isn't even RoyxEd!! ph34r.gif Bad me. It's the next best thing though: Russell/Ed. *whistles*
hakai-kun
RussellxEd! yeah, that pairing needs more fandom! so does FletcherxAru! laugh.gif I once saw a Japanese site that the artist pretty much only drew Russell, Fletcher, Al, and Ed. I loved it! Sadly, I don't remember where I found it sad.gif
Quistis88
Russell x Ed . . . if I liked yaoi, that would probably be hot.

Alas, yaoi is not for me. tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
@Quistis: Yes, they are. Thy truly are! X3

Russell x Ed~ *__* This pairing is even more intriguing because of their age difference. X3

Fletcher x Al... Hmm, I'd prefer Al x Fletcher because of their characters. But maybe when Fletcher grows older and inherits his brother's height... X3 They're cute together, that's a given. biggrin.gif
hakai-kun
they should all just have a foursome! laugh.gif haha. hm.. i think i will make that pairing poll later. cool.gif
Midnight
I didn't think it was sad at all that Al lost his memories. After so much bad, traumatic stuff happened to him, this way he gets to keep his innocence. (until new bad, traumatic stuff happens, at least wink.gif. The sad thing is that Ed didn't lose his memory too. Some things he's better off not remembering. For me the memory loss made perfect sense and was fitting for the story.
Blade42
I think that it's fine he doesn't have his memory now, but he should get it back sometime. That's just my thoughts, I can't think of a reason why he should get back his memories, but ....still, it's kind of like living a lie. Cause... he should be older.
kiba's mate
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 18 2004, 03:49 PM)
I voted "Both of the above".  I was sad that he lost all he experienced in those years together with his brother, but I do understand that it was the price they had to pay.  And I, too, want to see "Hot Al".  I'm under the impression that Al might even be hotter than Ed, since Al does have some sort of gentlemanly aura about him most of the time.

happy.gif same here girl, same here.
|Alphonse|-Elric
havent seen it ive only seen episode 1 were the fuck u people see these episodes? its on every saturday!? but to answer the question id be disapointed because he is so much awsomer in his metal form i think and nicer lol, and i agree he should get memory back (even tho ive only seen ep 1.......) becuase if he didnt hed be going from sweet bitch ass metal alchemist to stupid 11 year old who knows notin, and MIDNIGHT i really agree with u and dont becuase true all the missury he went threw in the years are forggoten BUT, now he doesnt even know the truth of his mother
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif No it isn't on every saturday. Most of us watched the original Japanese version complete with subtitles. Glad you replied even though this kinda spoiled you. happy.gif;;

Uh, and maybe you could tone down the language? A little less swearing can get the point across too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.