Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al At The End Of Series (in Episode 51)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
|Alphonse|-Elric
lol will do and a i watch english i dont understand jap version lol english is on every saturday for me....
Omakase Shimasu
Thanks. biggrin.gif And actually, I meant the fansubs. So you'll still be able to understand even though you don't know any Japanese. Like me. rolleyes.gif
|Alphonse|-Elric
lmao i can picture it now holy cow al watch out 10 mins later *mouth moves* jokin lol but uh yeah ok ill watch to even tho id rather wit every saturday to see new ep HA no lol wat am i smoking lol ill watch um were are they tho?
Omakase Shimasu
I'm not allowed to give you any links so I'll PM you instead. biggrin.gif
Shaman_Girl88
It was sad that Al lost all his memories. He isn't my favorite character, but it's still sad.
AA battery
No, he's cute as a ten-year-old. And it makes sense... *then points to own avatar of the restored!Al but with memories tongue.gif physically 11 mentally 15 xDDD;;* (the avatar was chopped out from a fancomic I started drawing recently tongue.gif)

nah, my fandom is taller!ed and shorter!al cuz he is just muchhh cuter when he is... shorter >w<

Ed: Ha! I am finally taller! Now there would be no mistake that I AM the Fullmetal Alchemist, the older Elric!
Al: ... we will see... I am sure I will get taller than you once I get 16! biggrin.gif
Ed: ... but I would be 21 by then so I should stil be taller!
Al: ><! *drinks more milk*
Ed: O_O That's cheating!
Al: No it's not tongue.gif You can drink milk too!
Ed: >< *takes Calcium pills*
andres higuera
al looks too old to be ten,he's like 5'8 at the age of ten,he looks more like 12
than 10
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Mar 23 2005, 01:59 AM)
No, he's cute as a ten-year-old. And it makes sense... *then points to own avatar of the restored!Al but with memories tongue.gif physically 11 mentally 15 xDDD;;* (the avatar was chopped out from a fancomic I started drawing recently tongue.gif)

nah, my fandom is taller!ed and shorter!al cuz he is just muchhh cuter when he is... shorter >w<

Ed: Ha! I am finally taller! Now there would be no mistake that I AM the Fullmetal Alchemist, the older Elric!
Al: ... we will see... I am sure I will get taller than you once I get 16! biggrin.gif
Ed: ... but I would be 21 by then so I should stil be taller!
Al: ><! *drinks more milk*
Ed: O_O That's cheating!
Al: No it's not tongue.gif You can drink milk too!
Ed: >< *takes Calcium pills*
[snapback]137846[/snapback]

LOL That's quite funny. Plus nice avatar! The art is splendid. laugh.gif I agree, it did make sense. And in a way it's probably good poor Alphonse does not remember some of the things that he witnessed. Andres higuera, true. He does look older then 10. But I suppose if he looked any younger the fan girls would sue.Lmao tongue.gif
Shiho
I love Al for everything he is. His looks, his personality...hey, if you met the 2 brothers without knowing them, you would've mistaken Al as the older one, considering his maturity. biggrin.gif
ChibiWinry_05
Here's an interesting thought. What if at the end of the movie if ed comes nack and he finds a way to restore al's memorires and he turns 17. Do u think it's possible?
Morgri
Al may think things through, but he is extremely naive, and he shows it at the end of the series when Ed is trying to get rid of the homonuculus he created. I don't think he is as mature as Ed, despite the fact that he may think before acting at times.

The whole 10 year thing is fitting, honostly being a boy, I really wouldn't care to see a "hot" Al, but you'll see one in the movie I suppose.
Shiho
Al has one of the best personalities in the show. No doubt for that. smile.gif

IPB Image

This is what i got from the offcial movie site.

IPB Image
Yup, this one is from the trailer.

Although they have the same features, they still somehow look different tongue.gif
foolmetal alchemist
Yeah.. I'm male so the only thing I regretted was him losing his memmories.
FMA JPD
Yes Ihate that he lost his memories. Think, all they did, the stronger bond they shared...all gone...I HATE IT blink.gif
Chibi Reina
Yeah, but the best thing about that is that he didn't lose ALL his memories... >_< I would have cried so hard.
Shiho
At least he's back in his own body......and now he can fall in lurve (since thats what he wanted). ROFL

Isn't it strange since now Al and Ed have 5 years of difference?(Err...I still think he's 17 in the movie, no offense. Whoever who reads the manga should know why). BTW, Al is TALL...... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
andres higuera
i agree, alphonse looks tall enough to be 17
Diamond Ice
I hate it too that he lost his memories. Even though it is sometimes best forgotten, he won't remember what he passed through with his brother, he doesn't remember the people he met, and IMO, that would be like living a lie, not knowing what has happen in your life. I mean, isn't that why we have memories. I'm hoping one way or another he gets it back.

Al's age hasn't been confirmed? Cause all I see is that he is ten, no he looks 12, wait, he looks tall enough to be 17. Actually, it is alot better if he turns 17 in the movie or something, unless he already is. *confused* I wouldn't like him to be 12.

Well, there was Trisha, and then Hohenheim, and together they made two children who became the hottest crap in the anime. Really, I think both brothers are hot. They have their differences that make them handsome in their own way. But I do kind of like Ed better, probably because he grew on me in the anime. Al was always good looking. Besides, he needed the attention. The poor kid got sometimes drowned behind his older brother's shadow.

To be honest, I think is better not to compare them. They both have their gifts.

Oh, and they should get Al a girl in the movie. XD
ryu00600
Why is it that al is in his body at the end of the series and he is a piece of armor in the fma movie. please im me at aim, as i will mostly not be looking back. (my screen name is ryu00600)
later,
~ryu~
Paperclips
i'm quite the spoiler addict, espescially since i heard that ED DIED?!?!? WTF?!? PLEASE EXPLAIN BEFORE I IMPLODE. How does Ed die? Does he come back to life?! Whoever tells me....GETS A COOKIE. *waves cookie under your noses*

well anyway, Al isn't really hot to me, just more of a kid that i REALLY want to hug. REALLY BADLY. Ed on the other hand is hot, and more of some i'd like to......... well, we won't go THERE.
Automne
Don't worry Paper! laugh.gif

[SPOILER]Ed is killed by Envy at the end of the serie but Al used the philosopher's stone and sacrificed himself to bring his brother back to life, but Ed sacrificed himself to bring back Al and gets into our world! God it's confusing! laugh.gif ![/SPOILER]

And it's okay for me about what happened to Al even if he lost his memories, he didn't forget Ed! I mean, it's logic, 4 years of training as equivalent trade like Izumi said! And Diamound Ice is right! We shouldn't compare the brothers (But I still prefer Al though!)! They are both so different! Ed is less sensitive than Al!
Paperclips
i don't understand. Is he alive or what? is he with al? are they both dead? THIS IS CONFUSING! and i thougt a zepplin crashes into ed?
Automne
[SPOILER]Yes he's alive, no he is not with Al, No they are both alive, and a zepplin crashed into Ed in the other world.[/SPOILER]
Paperclips
so what? other world meaning ours, does he die there?
andres higuera
Maybe if everyone just waits till the end of the series everyone will find out
fullmetal_4eva
I was sad that Al didn't remeber all the time he spent with his brother (both the good and bad). And it's so sad, the last thing he remembered was that he was gonna get his mom back, then all of a sudden his brother is dead too!? T_T I have to admit Al is the cutest ten year old around! XD *hugs Al plushie* so cute
Suesoroshii Kouu
xD Crack pairings make me feel funny inside. biggrin.gif

Aru definitely won my heart in the favorite character category though. But losing memories is not fun for any individual. I do feel horrible about him having to lose them but, I suppose it was all in the plot ._.

Gah it must be the worst thing to wonder aimlessly and not know who you are for awhile ;----;

-Ends her blabbing..-
Mikage_Elric
how sad, but it is good.

*hugs al-chan* we love you, al-chan
Starbuck
Honestly, I thought the end of the series was rather lacking. dry.gif
I was watching Ep 51 with my boyfriend... and we were like....
"Eh... that sucked."

I guess we were expecting something happier.
So now we're waiting for the movie. Hopefully everything will be made better there.
Nina_girl
blink.gif laugh.gif I DIDN'T WATCH THE LAST TWO EPISODES. I'M STILL ON EPISODE 32. but no, it didn't bother me. i like to read the spoilers, i do that with everything, books, manga, anime, pretty much everything i read or watch. if i'm watching it on DVD then i fast forward and skip episodes just to see what happens to the characters i love--edward...hughes(darnit)...roy(*cry*)although he does look good with an eye patch
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Renkinjutsushi @ Oct 18 2004, 11:16 AM) [snapback]28538[/snapback]

It didn't really bother me at all.

if you think about it it really makes sense.
1. no one really knows if beyond the gate or even in the gate has the same time/age-ing as this world does (perhaps i should say 'that world').
2. alphonse didnt have a physical brain to store those memories in.
3. the body tha the got back was his 'original' body, so that then only his 'original' memories would be intact.

that is just my view on it. what do you all think?

You're right. That would make the most sense.

Because since Aru was "trapped" inside that armor and had no physical body, he never fully developed his flesh body as he grow older in the suit and the mentality of this brain remained at of a ten year old.

Heh...I think I just copied what you typed, but in different wording. I'm sorry. I tend to do that often. ^^;
The Great Asparagus
i voted... the first one!! omg it was sooooo sad when i found out that al lost all his memories. aghhh do you realize how precious memories are? *sobsobsob* i got all teary when i saw the ending. maaaan... it was so sad. i mean, its like all the years that he and ed suffered and worked together, and all those sad brotherly-lovey memories too!! it was soooooo sad. but then its okay cuz it turns out that's not the very ending.
Full Metal Elf
I was sad...but the reason for it made sense...and it had to happen for 2 reasons:

1. Al's body (anime body) wouldn't have aged behind the Gate....so it would make sense that it was still that of a 10 year old.

2. It was is equivilant trade to give up those 4 years of life...sad as it is...it makes sense sad.gif

LUV ya AL!! happy.gif
alphonse99
alphonse is a pimp
Aleesha Elric
-Cries- Ah poor Alphonse! That is sad about him losing the memories but I do suppose it is equivilent exchange, but ish waiting for the movie anyways.
Hana no Kuroi
Wow...Although I haven't seen this episode, I must say...Al lost his memories?!Nooo! T.T But at least I get it because the movie...*cough*

But...It's sad, but it makes sense. And at leat Al IS human again.
Tyna
Still, Al shouldn't have been a 10-year-old body, it would put too much of an age gap between the two brothers. I don't like this. In the manga, Hiromu Arakawa made it that Ed's body was intertwined with Al's DNA so Ed is growing, eating, and sleeping for Al so when Al's body is restored, he'll look as he should have looked, all grown and such, you know. But in the anime, he's 10...I mean...that's two much of a large gap. And he doesn't remember all that they've been through all this time, all the sadness, pain, fleeting joy...
Hana no Kuroi
^ Forgetting some of the pain and such might have been for the best, but forgetting absolutley everything that happened within those times? It's just...Wrong. Sad and wrong. But I guess that's what happens when you restore the ORIGINAL body, really...But it makes it sad...

I really must read more of the manga, though...*x*
ice_alchemist21
ah i cant believe that he got his 10 year old body back, it makes sence though but i hate it , that means that he and Ed are now 5 years apart in age and that totally sucks, and then him losing all his memory from the 4 years in the armor, why why why?! none of thats really fair, except that he DOES get his body back and all, ...... i really want to see how the manga ends...
Colette
Sad as it was, it made sense......(But I think the way the manga portrayed it made more sense)

Al's fine as thirteen.
Hana no Kuroi
^ Heh...You've got a point there, Sum. >3
Chizu
why'd wrath's body grow inside the gate but Al's didn't
sweety_pie
I don't get that either.

(My friends always think Al's a robot. I hate it when people confuse Al for a robot.)

Al is really cute as 14, I'm glad I'm finally 14. I wish I lived in FM world Al would so be mine.
Miriamele
QUOTE(Zaiku No Renkinjutsushin @ May 31 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]404047[/snapback]

why'd wrath's body grow inside the gate but Al's didn't

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...it doesn't really make sense. If Wrath's body can grow while in the gate, Al's should have too. Then again, maybe his body didn't grow because his soul wasn't with it?

I'm not sure what Bones was thinking with that. But I was definitely disappointed when Al came back as a little boy. sad.gif
sweety_pie
I'm glad he came back as kid because he's young enough for me.If he had grown he'd be like 18 instead of 14.
Miriamele
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ May 31 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]404087[/snapback]

I'm glad he came back as alittle boy because he's young enough for me.If he had grown he'd be like 18 instead of 14.

No, at the end of the series he was supposed to be 14 and Ed was 15. But instead he is 10.

And the movie was 3 years later so if Al had kept his original body, he would have been 17. But instead he's 13.
sweety_pie
No I didn't mean in the seires I meant the movie.
paca
I think that Al body didn't grow because all that is in the gate is "dead" and "dead" things doesn't grow. But the problem here is Wrath who grew. Ok , maybe this has happened because he is an homunculis, and with that stuff of the red stone and all, he is diffferent. But: didn't Al's body grow in the manga when it's in the gate? Maybe is batter that he came back in that way, because he didn't remember 4 years, he would feel a bigger empty!!!

If he had came back being 14:
Al : "ok. I'm 14.I can't remember 4 years of my life.I can't remember nothing when I used to be 11, 12 , 13.... What has happened???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If he had came back being 10:
Al: " I'm 10. I remember when I used to be 9, 8, 7, 6,5 , 4, 3, 2,1..... But things are a little bit confusing....
I feel that I can't remember some-thing. The last thing I remember is me and my brother trying to bring our mother back. But... what happend next???"
Rezin
Wasn't the only reason he reverted to his 10 year old self because what happened to Al the last 4 years was used in exhange for pulling out his soul and returning his body?
fmaPHSYCO
the fact that Al's a ten year old makes a bit sense to me, but I just hate the fact that he's struck with amnesia (sp?) XP It's like all the memories Al and Ed made together's a waste...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.