Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Fan Game...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game
Coffee Can
Alright, I decided to officially announce this so I won't start slacking now. I don't have ANYTHING for preview yet, except for the main plotline.

This is going to be a visual novel based on FMA and the Broken Angel with the intention of making that game more likeable (heavy task, isn't it :3)

And for anyone that doesn't know, something like Bluebird's Illusion is a visual novel. You get to choose your own fate.

Plot:
Mere hours after leaving New Heissgart, Edward has an odd dream about what happened.
When he wakes up, he finds that none of it has happened.
He had time traveled, something that's not supposed to be possible...right?
But somehow, it has happened.
Now he has one objective: to stop the disasters from happening.
But the situation isn't at all what it appears to be.
Who is controlling time?
Who's lying and who's telling the truth?
He will have to work his way through the others' paths to find his answers.

This game is going to have (As of this moment) 4 endings, but that might change. I'm still trying to work out quite a few plot points.
Tombow
Sounds good!! Looking forward to hearing the updates!! biggrin.gif
Coffee Can
At least someone likes the idea biggrin.gif This is incredibly difficult for one person to do, but I'm on winter break till the 17th which gives me time.

Script - 0% (Plot is still in planning stages)
Music - 5% (Have a few digital synthesizers, haven't started writing it yet)
CG - 0%
Character poses - 0%
Backgrounds - 10%

This project is still very new, and I'm trying to make it very good quality so the planning and first steps might be the slowest. I'm hoping to have a 'teaser' out sometime very soon though. I'll also be updating this thread whenever I do work.
Nekokitty
This sounds interesting! Yeah, go for it!! I wish I could help, anyway I could? But I warn you, I'm very lazy....
Funderful
Hm.
Sounds interesting.
I'll follow the updates. smile.gif

I'd help too, if you needed it.
Coffee Can
You both have no idea how grateful I'd be if you could. Especially where character designs/CGs are involved because all I can do is the background art.

Send an email (taiyakilove@gmail.com) to me so I can touch base with you two :3
Nekokitty
Hmm, ok, I'm pretty good at drawing, I could do the character designs. happy.gif
I'll send ya an email, kay?
Emily_BrokenAngel
Hello!! Its a great idea!!
Maybe I can help you!
Well...My drawing sucks XD but I can help you with the script happy.gif
I will send you an e-mail okay?
Im not lazy at all.....I only need...Inspiration n_˝
But I hope I can help n_n
Tombow
@Coffee Can - Glad the project is getting off to a nice start!! happy.gif
Would you like to share with us some of the endings you're planning as the sneak "preview" of the game?? biggrin.gif
Coffee Can
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 28 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]488818[/snapback]
@Coffee Can - Glad th project is getting off to a nice start!! happy.gif
Would you like to share with us some of the endings you're planning as the sneak "preview" of the game?? biggrin.gif

Alrighty~ There are also now 5 endings.

#1- Armony's 'love' ending - Good: This is the good ending of the scenario with added Ed/Armony.
#2- Armony normal ending - Similar to the above, only without a pairing.
#3- Armony's 'love' ending - bad: Obviously the bad ending of the romance scenario.
#4- Loop ending- not really an ending, but it's what happens when you suck and can't get it right XP just kidding, kind of. It's basically the worst ending, though.
#5- Truth Ending- This is the true (and best) ending, but you can only get it after finishing the normal ending.

I want to make the love endings optional because they're more of an added benefit for fans of the pairing and if you don't like that pairing, you can skip 'em. XD;
Nekokitty
Those endings sound great! happy.gif
Can't wait to hear more about the plot now.
Emily_BrokenAngel
QUOTE(Coffee Can @ Dec 31 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]489928[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 28 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]488818[/snapback]
@Coffee Can - Glad th project is getting off to a nice start!! happy.gif

Alrighty~ There are also now 5 endings.

#1- Armony's 'love' ending - Good: This is the good ending of the scenario with added Ed/Armony.
#2- Armony normal ending - Similar to the above, only without a pairing.
#3- Armony's 'love' ending - bad: Obviously the bad ending of the romance scenario.
#4- Loop ending- not really an ending, but it's what happens when you suck and can't get it right XP just kidding, kind of. It's basically the worst ending, though.
#5- Truth Ending- This is the true (and best) ending, but you can only get it after finishing the normal ending.

I want to make the love endings optional because they're more of an added benefit for fans of the pairing and if you don't like that pairing, you can skip 'em. XD;

Lol laugh.gif
I like the first one (Obviusly rolleyes.gif XD)
Hope we can start now with the project!
Can┤t wait for play it!! Even when we are going to start XD
Coffee Can
OH NO AN UPDATE. The world must be ending.

Oh well.

As of 2/16/07, there's a general idea of where the plot is going, and an attempt to get started on the music.

The music is still the most difficult part. But at this rate, the plot should be solidified and the scenes mapped out soon.
Tombow
@Coffee Can - Thanks for the update!! Glad to know it's progressing well!!
The endings sounds good, too!! Good luck with the music!! happy.gif
Coffee Can
Another update (I'm on a roll lately XD)

As of 2/17, Selene has her own scenario, each with a respective good and bad ending. Her endings are the only ones written up right now

Also added to the elements was the "Past Arc" which deals with the events surrounding Ed and Al's first visit to Hiessgart.

Here are the percentages so far:

Armony Scenario - 25%
I have her basics down for the past arc, but nothing really in the way of the present arc.

Selene Scenario - 60%
I've written up her past arc summary and her two endings. The only issue now is organizing her scenario into a coherent order and possibly adding a bit.

Scenario 3 - 0%
This is going to be a scenario for Camilla, but there's going to be very little to no interaction with her for obvious reasons. I'm considering inventing a former assistant to help tell her story.
Emily_BrokenAngel
QUOTE(Coffee Can @ Feb 17 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]506231[/snapback]
Another update (I'm on a roll lately XD)

As of 2/17, Selene has her own scenario, each with a respective good and bad ending. Her endings are the only ones written up right now

Also added to the elements was the "Past Arc" which deals with the events surrounding Ed and Al's first visit to Hiessgart.

Here are the percentages so far:

Armony Scenario - 25%
I have her basics down for the past arc, but nothing really in the way of the present arc.

Selene Scenario - 60%
I've written up her past arc summary and her two endings. The only issue now is organizing her scenario into a coherent order and possibly adding a bit.

Scenario 3 - 0%
This is going to be a scenario for Camilla, but there's going to be very little to no interaction with her for obvious reasons. I'm considering inventing a former assistant to help tell her story.

Ok such a good progress happy.gif
I will try to help you with Camila┤s story if you want n_n
I think that now I have time
Alchemical
Wow, I like this idea. I'll be following updates!
Scythoro
I'm with the general consensus, it sounds awesome... and time consuming. Good luck. I'll keep looking for updates as well. ( I wish they had a thumbs up smiley for this sort of situation. ) wink.gif
Coffee Can
This is taking longer than expected. The way I wanted to initially do it (Taking place in the same places as the game) is actually pretty inflexible and every theme I tried to connect the main characters with was weak and difficult to write.

It's still going to happen, but right now it's gone back into the "planning" stages. The general plot isn't going to change. I just made a -huge- mistake trying to focus on the plot of the original game without branching out and giving the characters more of a story.
Emily_BrokenAngel
QUOTE(Coffee Can @ Mar 30 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]523579[/snapback]
This is taking longer than expected. The way I wanted to initially do it (Taking place in the same places as the game) is actually pretty inflexible and every theme I tried to connect the main characters with was weak and difficult to write.

It's still going to happen, but right now it's gone back into the "planning" stages. The general plot isn't going to change. I just made a -huge- mistake trying to focus on the plot of the original game without branching out and giving the characters more of a story.

I see....
Ok you know... When my job begins... Please PM me ok? wink.gif
Good luck with those problems n_˝
fullmetalsan
QUOTE(Coffee Can @ Dec 26 2006, 11:41 PM) *
Alright, I decided to officially announce this so I won't start slacking now. I don't have ANYTHING for preview yet, except for the main plotline.

This is going to be a visual novel based on FMA and the Broken Angel with the intention of making that game more likeable (heavy task, isn't it :3)

And for anyone that doesn't know, something like Bluebird's Illusion is a visual novel. You get to choose your own fate.

Plot:
Mere hours after leaving New Heissgart, Edward has an odd dream about what happened.
When he wakes up, he finds that none of it has happened.
He had time traveled, something that's not supposed to be possible...right?
But somehow, it has happened.
Now he has one objective: to stop the disasters from happening.
But the situation isn't at all what it appears to be.
Who is controlling time?
Who's lying and who's telling the truth?
He will have to work his way through the others' paths to find his answers.

This game is going to have (As of this moment) 4 endings, but that might change. I'm still trying to work out quite a few plot points.

sounds like slaking to me considering nobody's posted in almost a year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.