Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
pawnedbyme
well ok i don't think this has been done before but i hope i am not the only one here who reads Marchen awakens romance. The translations so far r at the where ginta fights Phantom and it is pretty interesting. so how far r anyof u guys or tell me your opinions about it it is my 3rd favprite manga:D

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 2003
Author: Anzai Nobuyuki
Artist: Anzai Nobuyuki
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

Summary
Ginta Toramizu is a 14-year-old kid who doesn't have a lot going for him: he's near-sighted, doesn't do well in school, sucks at sports, and to top it off--he's short! But Ginta is a dreamer and has had the same dream 102 times, always in the same fantasy world, where he is a hero blessed with all the abilities he lacks in real life.

Then one day a supernatural figure appears at Ginta's school and summons him to a mysterious and exciting new world! In this strange universe filled with magic and wonder, he is strong, tough, agile--and he can see without his glasses! Thus, Ginta begins a mystical quest in search of the magical items known as "ÄRMS," one of which may have the power to send him home. Joining him on this epic journey are his companion Jack and the valuable living, talking, mustachioed iron-ball weapon known as "Babbo," which everyone wants but, it seems, only Ginta can possess!

AA battery
I do. I even bought them (in Chinese)~~

Alviss RULES!

IMO the ending was a bit abrupt... but well since you are not even there yet, I won't comment further. ^^;
Sgt. Frog
yeah i read it it weired but i like it
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I have heard of it, but I haven't read if before. Is it good?
AA battery
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Dec 29 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]489321[/snapback]
I have heard of it, but I haven't read if before. Is it good?

If you enjoyed Yugioh manga, you will definitely enjoy MAR. ^__^

Basically it's about a boy named Ginta that traveled to this magical world, and that magical world MAR, is gradually being taken over by this evil force called the "Chess". Ginta meet alliances and eventually gets stronger so that he can fight the Chess and free MAR of ths horrible Chess! I suck at writing summaries, and since I don't want to spoil the story for ya, so that's all I will write about the plot.

As for the "gameplay" part of it, Ginta + team battles the Chess in a game format... each time a few of them will battle a few of the Chess and they must win. They use these items called "ARM" (there are a several types of them), and make use of the ARM (which are kinda like yugioh cards, except not as fancy) to battle the Chess. The ARMs are all really cool and awesome :3
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
Sounds awesome. I think I'll check it out. Also, thanks for giving such a great description. I feel informed.
ed_drink_your_milk
It is really good. Anyone who hasn't at least tried it should.

@armor-alchemist- Wow, that was a very good summary. Most people would have given away a lot more that they shouldn't. (It's a little hard to summarize MAR without making it sound slightly pathetic. laugh.gif)
Hanozo
I read it and also watch the anime. Its really good in my opinion biggrin.gif
pawnedbyme
Ok soo where do u guys get your mar manga so far mine are only too the end of Ginta and Phantoms fight anuone mind reccomending a site that is further updated?
Haruka_The_Alchemist
I've seen the anime on CN and want to get the manga but the borders near me doesn't have volume 1 or 2.T_T
eyes
I read it in spanish (my idiom). It's a very good manga ^^

But this have finished in Japan.
instantmirage
in my opinion the manga is good,
nothing more or less.
the art is so so, the story is predictable...

its worth reading though.

i borrow the manga from a friend
Hanae Mai
I read the whole manga, haven't seen the anime.
Definitely childish. The more I read it the more I hated it. Don't like the ending and the drawing gets worse.
However the first 4 volumes are pretty good. If Anzai had continued the story with Ginta's journey around Mar Heaven, it would have been a better series.
Rune Wolfe
i've only seen the anime, but i would like to read the manga
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.