Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Really Killed J F Kennedy?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Slashrose1010
There are many theories floating around about how, who and why someone(s) assassinated Kennedy. I am no forensics, ballistics or hitsory major, so I am not very educated in this topic, nor am I a conspiracy quack. But this topic came up in class, and my friend and I find it very inetersting. I had intrigue before, but some other ideas I have not heard of rekindled interest.

I personally do not think it was possible for Lee Harvey Oswald to be the lone gunman. From what I have seen, read and heard, it doesn't seem plausible that a lone gunman from the sixth level of the Texas school book depository could have fired those three shots. I am not so keen on the grassy knoll theory either. I think this came up after people said they heard a fire from the left of them, and someone had a snapshot of the grassy knoll and said there was a "shadowy figure". I have seen people dispove the picture because the proportion of the fence and figure were very odd. I forget exactly, but I don't think it was the grassy knoll.

I think that there may have been one gunman, more likely two gunmen who fired at Kennedy. I find the whole event very strange, and all the occurances afterward. It just seems very coincidental that so many things have gone in favor of Kennedy being killed. Which leads me to believe that a possibility was an inside job, or by a well organized group, most likely by government personnel.

The route was changed lats minute. The original route was not even supposed to drive on Elm Street. Lee Harvey Oswald said he planned this long before the shooting took place. Months ahead. Yet was perfectly prepared for this scenario. Gun, vantage point, way to conceal gun, and escape. But what he did make obvious seemed too obvious. It seems too straightforward. Rather, I think he was a scapegoat. Or just a small fry in the big picture. And of course shortly after arrested, Oswald was gunned down himself. Forever silenced to reveal any information he could divulge.

Another convenience is that the original Zapruder film has only been seen by a very exclusive set of men. What people see now is a copy missing 6 frames. That may not seem like much, but that could hold important information, and government personnel refuse to reveal it to the general public. Why. It is only 6 frames, part of a whole that everyone else has seen. There is also suspicion that the film could have been tampered with to make it more shakey, and such. Or that if Zapruder was filming it, it should not have been positioned like that. The sign should not have been covering that much. I'm not so sure how they would tamper with something like that, but who knows.

What are your views and theories? I think it is a fairly interesting topic, so discuss, damnit!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Watch the Red Dwarf episode called Tikka To Ride. That episode explaines it all!
laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Many will say that it was the CIA.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Anyone seen JFK? I like that movie. It really raises a couple of serious questions.
Slashrose1010
I have not seen the movie, though, my history teacher saw it. She said it was interesting, but it is more for entertainment than actually just gaining information. It is Hollywood, afterall. Maybe if it were a formal documentary. But who knows, maybe it does have some good info. I still want to see it in either case.
Ronaldo Rodregez
Oswald did it.

Go watch the history channel.

Topic over.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Jan 1 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]490387[/snapback]
Oswald did it.

Topic over.

Histoy channel is one of the worse things to put your thought in. Just cause they say Oswald did it, doesn't mean he did.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Jan 2 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]490425[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Jan 1 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]490387[/snapback]
Oswald did it.

Topic over.

Histoy channel is one of the worse things to put your thought in. Just cause they say Oswald did it, doesn't mean he did.

When they use scientific evidence that even makes you go "Oh, duh," you realize how reliable it is.

What's a better thing to listen to? A motion picture about a crackpot theory? Even if the government did want Kennedy dead, Oswald's the one who shot him. No one else.
Carnal Malefactor
back and to the left...
back and to the left...
back and to the left...
back and to the left...
back and to the left...
back and to the left...
Le Monkey

Woo!
Now THATS a smart bullet!
You think we could train it to bring us the morning paper and slippers aswell?
GREEDisGOOD
HOLY SHIT, do I have some things to say.
First of all, I completely believe that Oswald was the lone gunman. You're picture up there's nice, but too bad it's not true. It Connally, the guy in front, had been sitting like in that picture, then I would agree about a conspiracy 100%. But, as the Zapruder film shows, not only was Connally shorter than JFK, but the front seat was also set lower than the back, and Connally was turned looking off to the right, setting up for one shot.
And, as one person has said, even if there is some big conspiracy, Oswald WAS there. Many many many witnesses can testify to that. Oswald, while in the army, was an excellent marksman, and could have easily made those shots.
But the main reason I will say that it was Oswald is simple: JFK was shot at a time of unrest and dark secrets in America. When the conspiracy theories first came out, we were still deep in Vietnam, Watergate had just happened, we the people thought that the gov. was always hiding dark secrets from us.
But, more importantly, we just couldn't accept that such a great man could have died at the hands of such a pitiful, little, unimportant man. We would like to say that JFK had died for a reason, that there was something bigger out there, that his death was part of some elaborate, national secret, not just some deranged loon's lone act.
But, if you look into papers about Oswald's personality, he was an ego-maniac and desperately wanted attention. More importantly he wanted to change the world, and unfortunately, he did.
I will fight anyone to the grave about this subject, and I have the means to do it. I've spent hours of my school time reading about this, and I've written a fourteen-page research paper on it.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE (GREEDisGOOD @ Jan 18 2007, 07:41 PM) *
HOLY ...., do I have some things to say.
First of all, I completely believe that Oswald was the lone gunman. You're picture up there's nice, but too bad it's not true. It Connally, the guy in front, had been sitting like in that picture, then I would agree about a conspiracy 100%. But, as the Zapruder film shows, not only was Connally shorter than JFK, but the front seat was also set lower than the back, and Connally was turned looking off to the right, setting up for one shot.
And, as one person has said, even if there is some big conspiracy, Oswald WAS there. Many many many witnesses can testify to that. Oswald, while in the army, was an excellent marksman, and could have easily made those shots.
But the main reason I will say that it was Oswald is simple: JFK was shot at a time of unrest and dark secrets in America. When the conspiracy theories first came out, we were still deep in Vietnam, Watergate had just happened, we the people thought that the gov. was always hiding dark secrets from us.
But, more importantly, we just couldn't accept that such a great man could have died at the hands of such a pitiful, little, unimportant man. We would like to say that JFK had died for a reason, that there was something bigger out there, that his death was part of some elaborate, national secret, not just some deranged loon's lone act.
But, if you look into papers about Oswald's personality, he was an ego-maniac and desperately wanted attention. More importantly he wanted to change the world, and unfortunately, he did.
I will fight anyone to the grave about this subject, and I have the means to do it. I've spent hours of my school time reading about this, and I've written a fourteen-page research paper on it.

Listen to this man. Not only does he gets A's in school, but A'S IN LIFE.
Colette
I hope whoever killed him leaves a note or something before he dies.

I mean hell he/she may have gotten away, at least clear it up for us! D:
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Jan 18 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]495306[/snapback]
I hope whoever killed him leaves a note or something before he dies.

I mean hell he/she may have gotten away, at least clear it up for us! D:

...What? If you mean the person who killed Kennedy, Oswald was shot on live television after he was arrested. No luck there.
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18709539/

...you were saying?
blackpheonix7
Think about it....it was Oswald, or so they believe. But sometimes, you need to think about what was going on at the time. Oswald was an extremeist (sp?). Also, JFK was the first Roman Catholic president....that may have not went over so well with some of the American population.

And my last point is this; listen to 'Sympathy for the Devil' by The Rolling Stones. One part of the lyrics says "I shouted out, 'Who killed the Kennedys?' when after all, it was you and me," It can be translated to say that we all killed him in a way. After the Cuban Missile Crisis, many Americans were unsteady and fearful. That could be way Oswald killed JFK, but we will never know thanks to that man who killed him before his trial....

Also, I don't think Oswald acted on his own....
GothGirl
Conspiracy. No doubt about it. Same with Marilyn Monroe, for that matter...
joanne45
The Soviets, the Mafia, the Cubans (cuz of the Cuban Missile Crisis)....I've heard....oy, too much conspiracies.
GREEDisGOOD
For all those who say the conspiracy theories are true, think about this. The way I see it, the only thing that gives these theories any credibility is because we, as Americans, want to believe that JFK died for a reason, that there was some big huge world-shaking conspiracy behind our beloved President's death, and not just some lone nut. I mean, it just doesn't seem to do him honor to say that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Forgiven
I go back and forth on this one. There is this one video that I saw a couple of months ago where it shows one of his body guards looking right behind some curtain or something just moments before the shooting. So unless he was psychic or something, I would guess that he had something to day with JFK's murder.

But on the other hand, it was the smoking man who killed JFK on the x-files. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.