Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heroes
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Toby-Chan
Why is there no discussion thread for this amazing show? What a tragedy!

I'm only about six episodes in, trying to catch up right now. Who's watched it? Who likes it? Favorite Characters? All other general discussion starting questions <insert more here>

So far I'm not seeing how Niki is a superpower; just a really horrid case of dissociative identity disorder.

And I want to give Claire a big huggle.

I find it rather odd that the Japanese characters are consistently speaking Japanese, unless managing their broken English to native speakers, and yet any and all Indian characters speak nothing but English in all situations. Couldn't afford two foreign languages in the script or something? huh.gif

Overall though, really artful entertainment. I didn't expect it to be this good. It's like the 100 times better version of X-men.
Blitz
Gah! I love this show. Hiro cracks me up.

Niki has something like superhuman strength, doesn't she? She seems to be able to throw people around, etc.
Colette
My mom is obssessed with this show, she keeps on telling me to watch it.

She has several episodes recorded on TiVo, maybe I'll watch it since you two say it's good...
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 18 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]485900[/snapback]
So far I'm not seeing how Niki is a superpower; just a really horrid case of dissociative identity disorder.

Well the thing with Niki is that her superhuman strength doesn't come out unless she's switched her personality and Jessica takes over. And I don't know if any of you have caught it, but when Jessica takes over, the Heroes symbol (or also known as the RNA-like symbol) shows up on Jessica's back. Just a little trivia. happy.gif

I love Hiro too, but not as much as I love Claire. How can anyone not like Claire? She's just awesome. But I'm also intrigued with Micah and I want to find out what his powers finally turn out to be. And there's going to be a new hero introduced on the Jan. 22 episode.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 18 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]485900[/snapback]

It isn't Niki that has the power. It's Jessica. I'm guessing she has the power to take over others' bodies after she's passed on. And it just so happened she used her sister's. I think it's her sister at least.
Toby-Chan
Were Jessica and Niki twins?

QUOTE(edsgirl @ Dec 28 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]488801[/snapback]
I love Hiro too, but not as much as I love Claire. How can anyone not like Claire? She's just awesome.

Ooh! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I mean- I thought maybe I was just being weird with my fascination/admiration/reallywannahug sentiments for her.

Also, for Micah, it seems he may have something like Sylar had; able to see how things work and then fix them, but he also seems to have further ability to physically manipulate them. So perhaps it's sort of a Magneto-like power to manipulate metal, and he was able to fix the phone with it because he is such a mechanical genius and already knew how it worked.

Speaking of 'Magneto'...

DL = Kitty
Peter = Rogue
Claire = Wolverine (XD)
What other comparisons am I missing?
Ailuro
If you squint your eyes a bit... Hiro = Nightcrawler
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 28 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]488879[/snapback]
Were Jessica and Niki twins?

I really don't know, but I've just been assuming that they were.
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 28 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]488879[/snapback]
Speaking of 'Magneto'...

DL = Kitty
Peter = Rogue
Claire = Wolverine (XD)
What other comparisons am I missing?

Matt = Charles Xavier/Jean Grey/ Emma Frost (I'm still pissed that she wasn't in any of the movies dry.gif )
Issac = Destiny (You'd have to know the comic, but it's basically the same ability of precognition)
Niki = Colossus

FYI: I'm a huge comic book freak. It's something I tend to keep in the closet.

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 28 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]488886[/snapback]
If you squint your eyes a bit... Hiro = Nightcrawler

laugh.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
This is a great series. I love watching it. I hate how they went hiatus.
sweety_pie
This is a great show. Ali Larter, and Hayden Panettiere in the same show.. is awesome.

My Mom, and sister say that the episode "Six Monthes Ago" was pointless. Does anyone here think so?

I missed an episode somewhere, but I do not know which one I missed.

Has anyone checked out Hiros blog thingy? I have read some of it,..

I do not understand one thing about the show: Charlie, does she memourize things? And did she die?
Ailuro
I think that episode gave more information about the characters' personalities and what their lives were like before these powers started showing up. Oh, and the origin of Sylar.
sweety_pie
Sylar is the guy that takes other peoples powers right?
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
Yes, he is. I can't wait for this series to return!
Toby-Chan
Maybe I just suck at noticing these kinds of things, but- is Zach actually gay? Or was that incident with Claire's ex-friend just one of those typical highschool 'lolz U iz fag' situations?
sweety_pie
@Toby - Wiki says zach Is heterosexual.

"Zach's MySpace profile describes him as an 18-year-old sophomore who is a Wiccan and unsure of his sexual orientation, a subject which forms the basis of ridicule by some of Claire's fellow cheerleaders. NBC has since stated that the character is heterosexual."

Clickey.
Toby-Chan
LMAO! They give their characters MySpace profiles? XD

'Wiccan who is unsure of his sexuality'. Never heard that one before.

(If the unsure part is a part of his character, then why did NBC feel the need to establish that he is a heterosexual? Are they afraid of homophobes or something and are trying to cover themselves? huh.gif)
sweety_pie
(If the unsure part is a part of his character, then why did NBC feel the need to establish that he is a heterosexual? Are they afraid of homophobes or something and are trying to cover themselves? huh.gif)

"It's nothing new for a television show to lead viewers along with misdirection and red herrings in order to keep them tuning in. But using a character's potential sexuality particularly a teen character flirts with exploitation. Is it advisable to engage the vested interests of young gay people at an extremely volatile and confusing time of their lives and then reveal that they had been identifying with someone who wasn't gay after all, but merely a marketing gimmick?"

I read that here.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I was wondering myself. Thanks for the info.
Toby-Chan
Yikes. That's a huge deal to be made over a minor character. I think it's pretty stupid that they'd go and change like that when they originally intended to portray him with a certain subtext, but it's not worth quitting over.
King of Smash
I love this show! Hiro is definitely my favorite character!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
Hiro is pretty funny. I like his segments the best also. He adds a very good part to the show. Also, this show is coming back again, when?
Toby-Chan
The 22nd.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Thanks. Now I have to remember that.
joanne45
QUOTE(EdwardElric014 @ Jan 3 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]490798[/snapback]
I love this show! Hiro is definitely my favorite character!

He's a perfect role...and did you heard Masi Oka (Hiro) is nominated for a Golden Globe for supporting actor in a TV series (drama)?
Toby-Chan
How is it that Claire just got even more awesome? Seriously. <3
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 22 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]496638[/snapback]
How is it that Claire just got even more awesome? Seriously. <3

I didn't think it was possible for her to get any cooler than she already was. I expect more Claire awesomeness in the future. I need a Claire plushie.

I did not see that replica sword coming. And I like Hana. HanaxTed tongue.gif

Toby-Chan
Claire's developments of self-image and independence have been really great to see. It was so sweet to see her take the initiative to rebuild the friendship they had on her own. <3~

(Maybe I should get into sewing and make some plushies. The world needs a Hiro plushie too. Too bad I suck at sewing. sad.gif)

"Furaingu man! FWOOOSH!"
"Could you keep it down?"
"fwoooosh..."
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 22 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]496680[/snapback]
"Furaingu man! FWOOOSH!"
"fwoooosh..."

I loved that part. <3
sweety_pie
If Toby is making plushies, I want a Hiro one!!

"Furaingu man! FWOOOSH!"
"fwoooosh..."

I loved that part too! Hiro is the awesomest!
King of Smash
I can't believe [spoiler]Nathan[/spoiler] is Claire's father! ohmy.gif
silentsky
RPG alchemist... same here... haha...

my favorite character has to be Claire!! and Hiro too!!!
i know somebody real cool and awesome and great and talented named Claire --- shes Japanese too --- hahaha!!

she has changed alot in the series hasn't she? i agree with toby
GothGirl
My favorite character was Zach, but then he lost his memory, got it back again, and was phased out to (I fear) never show up in the show again. I am anxiously awaiting tonight's episode.
Toby-Chan
We mourn a dear character today...

Peter's emo hair.

Fell to the floor in a dramatic splash of blood. sad.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 5 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]513941[/snapback]

Peter's emo hair.

sad.gif Bows her head in prayer

I'll always remember the good times.

Now that that's said, we finally get a Heroes version of Mystique. What a crazy little chick .

*sigh* Well, guess I'll see yall next month, when the next episode appears.
sweety_pie
Next month? WTF I cannot wait that long...
edsgirl
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 5 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]514044[/snapback]
Next month? WTF I cannot wait that long...

That was my reply, WTF!!!! The next episode doesn't come out until April 23. I'm gonna die! Why NBC, Why?
GothGirl
I think the reason we have to wait an entire month is that NBC expected the show would be canceled by now, but it is, so they have to film more episodes....but I could be entirely wrong biggrin.gif. Poor Mohinder, he finally smartens up, and as a result gets knifed to the ceiling. And still, yet another episode with no Zach...
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Season 2 starts September 24, 2007 for anyone still watching. I think it will be the regular times as last season.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Aug 26 2007, 08:21 AM) *
Season 2 starts September 24, 2007 for anyone still watching. I think it will be the regular times as last season.

Excellent. biggrin.gif
Chibi_Girl29
YEAHH !tHIS show ROCKKKSS !
I loved the first season (suspense, head without brains, powers)
I need to start the second season !How many season are they ?
Amethyst Sunset
Aw man, and I haven't even finished the first season yet. T________T It's already September...time to start the countdown for season 2 for you guys, eh? XD

Hiro, Mohinder and Nathan are my favorite characters so far. XD I missed a few episodes in between, but I pretty much get the story, and I love it.
Popogeejo
I finally came out from under my rock and caught up with season one.
On the whole it was pretty damn awesome. Some of the effects were a bit weak but that's hardly an issue. My only criticism (and it's minor as hell) is Future Hiro's sword fight. The guards clearly just stood there as he sliced 'em up!
Also, why does everyone wear black in the future?

Hiro takes the natural role of favourite but I really liked the Matt, Benet tag team. Ted was cool as well (lol, puns.)

Now I need to get season two. I've heard it's pretty weak so far so I'm not expecting much until it comes back after the strikes.

EDIT
Oh yeah, Zach not being gay was a very strange move by NBC. Stupid manager.
MaiShadowAlchemist
Really like it!! I would love to have a power!! *Sighs* Anyway I am seeing 2 It is so cool!!!
Kari_Neko
Heroes rock my mis matched socks! Hiro's so sweet and adorable!
lunneth
QUOTE (Toby-Chan @ Mar 5 2007, 09:08 PM) *

Peter's emo hair.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WHY DID THEY CUT HIS FRINGE. HIS HAIR WAS FRICKIN AWSOME.
anyway. can i talk about series 4. well i just watched episode 1 and at the end it got me really thinkin. wow. the guards on that plane are all screwed. peter's my fav character. tongue.gif
well i like how it always leaves you with a nerve janglening cliff hanger and that line at the end of series 2. i'm going to show you all one by one, that your monsters...just like me. wow that was great. tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif . anyways moving on.
EniviD EiraM
I like Hayden as the cheerleader but I'm still confused with its stor .... huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.