Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 66 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Nepharski
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 66 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 11.

==========================

Spoiler party starts on page 6!!

And now featuring our finest in automail winter-wear in our Christmas catalogue.

Fangirls take to arms the world over as Edward gets a brief tune-up by Dr. NotWinry. After meeting General Armstrong's band of ethnically diverse token minorities, the brothers meet Falman, enjoying his promotion to...executive icicle removal. Scar does battle with Bennett J. Kimblee, and Sloth grows weary of his cameo roll and takes center stage fright.

Might have done a longer one, but that would be tiresome...

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Sept. 4, 2011>
CodenameElizabeth
Might have done a longer one, but that would be tiresome...

Heh-- it was awesome nonetheless! Nice...

Anyhoo, here's my "List of Observations about Chapter 66":

** I have a feeling the story will stay in the North for another chapter. As much as there is other stuff going on that I want to know about, I don't feel like this segment is wrapped up quite yet.

** ~Perhaps~ we will get another glimpse of what's up with Father and the Homunculi. With the appearance of Sloth at the end of 65, I think Arakawa might just give us a little more insight as to what his purpose is. (I agree with the theory that he is digging a tunnel between Amestris and Drachma in order to stir up conflict in the North.)

** DAMMIT! What happened to Greed!Ling and RanFan?? They haven't been seen in FOREVER.

** Same goes with Hoho. I'm curious to see whether he was indeed nearing the Briggs mountains...

** Mei Chan, Marcoh, and ScarBro's research notes. JEEBUZ, TELL US MORE ABOUT 'EM ALREADY!! Grrrrr...

** I am incredibly curious as to exactly what Roy and Grumman were discussing in the graveyard back in 63. I'm sure we won't find this out for a while, but it's always been in the back of my mind.

So, yeah. Good stuff is coming, I'm sure.
I want my 66! NOW!!!

The suspense is killing me...
Chiyo
*rocks back and forth* Winry is coming, Winry is coming
riza hawkeye 9
hey!! i liked Nepharski, its funny !!!

and now ...about chapter 66 .. my doubts are almost the same as ladyhawk78....i'm really curios about scar brother notes and roy and grumman's plans , but i really don't think they will make a apppearance in this chap ....
one thing thats keeps bothering me is WHERES HOHO ???? he's been out of the plot for like forever ....it's about time for him to show up..
and maybe if father make a appearance ( since sloth finally showed up) we might ( a big might i may say ) see wrath and maybe ...just maybe a small riza scene......altough it's almost impossible...
and yeah .. action will be probably start and end at briggs again...
but winry is coming \o/ \o/ !!!
the suspense is killing me too .......
chap 66 .. only 7 days to go /o/....

ps . i miss ran fan ....greed/ling too .....
Nekokitty
Only seven more days....only seven more days......must know what happens next.....*_*
Tombow
Another nice job by Nepharski!! biggrin.gif

Are we going to learn more about Sloth??
Is Winry coming to the North?? (I think so....)
What did Mei and Marcoh find out about the note??
Where is Ho-ho??
And much more!!!!

Suspense is mounting!!!
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
Where is Ho-ho??

That's MY line! D: j/k. (Or am I?)

I just wanna know more about Sloth right now...we finally saw his face! (Kinda)

...And am I the only one who thinks Kimblee's new attire makes him look like a (more) deranged Micheal Jackson?
Chiyo
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 5 2006, 02:17 AM) [snapback]481044[/snapback]
Another nice job by Nepharski!! biggrin.gif

Is Winry coming to the North?? (I think so....)

The line says 'then get it replaced, even if it means making a business trip'. So I guess that means she could pay a visit North or he goes to Rush Valley. I think it'll be the first one myself.
The random alchemist
ohmy.gif this sounds real interesting... sadly I've only read up to ch59 sad.gif however I can't wait to hear what happens in this one. though me being a Glut fan I'm still waiting til his new body is made and he returns to his jolly fat hungry self : D

ps: Sloth sounds... like me x.x unnatractive and with little modivation >>
beyondredemption
Ughh! Me, too! (About only reading up to 59). So much I don't understand...

Please, someone spoil me, if possible!
Reta McClain
I am a random rawr and beyondredemption: You read the one at www.readmanga.com, right? I suggest that you either download the next chapters from ZOMFGTA or if you can't do it for one reason or another, you can read them here.
Colette
Me and a friend of mine have decided that if Greed!Ling isn't in THIS chapter, we're sacrificing people to Arakawa. ;_;

I posted my theory on the North in the LingxRan Fan thread. In Sloth/Nepraski's words, fetching it would be to tiresome <.<
riza hawkeye 9
Me and a friend of mine have decided that if Greed!Ling isn't in THIS chapter, we're sacrificing people to Arakawa. ;_;

i agree !!!!! and add roy too - if he doesn't show up i will start to sacrifice people too XD
Tombow
QUOTE(riza hawkeye 9 @ Dec 6 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]481460[/snapback]

i agree !!!!! and add roy too - if he doesn't show up i will start to sacrifice people too XD

Gahaha, I'd like to add Riza to the list, too!! tongue.gif (Tho I know the possibilities are remote. >.<)
But, maybe skip the human sacrifice, and try bribing first!! biggrin.gif
Colette
We've seen LOADS of Riza and Roy though lately. We've only seen one panel of Greed since Chapter 57 >_<

I miss him and Ling ._. Ran Fan too.

We've seen lots of Mei Chan lately so I can't complain about that <3
Nepharski
Considering Arakawa introduced Kimbley in Chapter 13 and left him alone till Chapter 63 or such, I can't garuntee anything for Greedling.
Colette
That is way to much of a good point for comfort D:
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 6 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]481522[/snapback]
Considering Arakawa introduced Kimbley in Chapter 13 and left him alone till Chapter 63 or such, I can't garuntee anything for Greedling.

Well to be fair Kimbley didn't really have any relevance to the story at the time....right ?biggrin.gif ....Right? sad.gif
Reta McClain
Yes, Greed!Ling would be nice, but I miss Hoho-papa sad.gif It's been like a year since we saw him.

Is it five or six days still until 66 comes out?

(Heck, that makes me think Barry... 66, get it?)
Chiyo
4 days and 7 hours...not that I'm keeping check or anything.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
We will all die in seven days if

A - Greed!Ling does not come back
B - If Hohenheim does not come back
C - [insert some occurence of a long lost character not coming back here]

I think I'm gonna do what Summoner Colette suggested and sacrifice people to Arakawa if Hohen-love isn't back. Double it if Greed!Ling isn't back either. TRIPLE it if there's a cop-out and we never see Sloth's face. QUADRUPLE it if we don't see Pride--you get the idea.
Animeoldtimer
Boy! It sounds like we might need some resuscitation equiptment here. Or maybe not. I'm not so sure we'll see Greedling. Ho-ho is a good possibility. All we can do is ponder for the next few days. I'm curious to see if Ed will call Winry up or because she knows the danger he's in, will just show up, underestimating the cold as well and they'll have to save her as well. Probably not likely, but it would be interesting.
Kirara
I am not expecting to see Greedling in this chapter but I guess you never know. Thing is Arakawa doesn't leave out characters for the hell of it, it just isn't their time for the story. Everyone has a place don't worry Greedling will be back.

I do expect to see Hohenheim eventually I think most of us (myself included) also expect Hohenheim to be up North but who knows. Arakawa could be misleading us and she could show us Hohenheim in the next chapter just to show us he isn't North. I wouldn't put this past her.

Excellent summary Nepharski biggrin.gif

Now if only chapter 66 would actually come out my day would be complete. sad.gif
QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 10 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]483125[/snapback]
I am not expecting to see Greedling in this chapter but I guess you never know. Thing is Arakawa doesn't leave out characters for the hell of it, it just isn't their time for the story. Everyone has a place don't worry Greedling will be back.

I do expect to see Hohenheim eventually I think most of us (myself included) also expect Hohenheim to be up North but who knows. Arakawa could be misleading us and she could show us Hohenheim in the next chapter just to show us he isn't North. I wouldn't put this past her.

Excellent summary Nepharski biggrin.gif

Now if only chapter 66 would actually come out my day would be complete. sad.gif

With this long a wait, we'd better have Sloth, GreedLing, Lingreed, Hohenheim, and the Elrics having a tea party.
And Pride serving tea. Aquiesce to my ridiculous demands, Arakawa!
paca
Do you want to see one page of the chapter ???? One page. Chapter 66. FMA.
Wasn't it supposed to be already out??? O_o
Tombow
QUOTE(paca @ Dec 11 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]483250[/snapback]
Do you want to see one page of the chapter ???? One page. Chapter 66. FMA.
Wasn't it supposed to be already out??? O_o
@Paca - Yeah, officially, it's out on Dec. 12, Tuesday in Japan, so it should be out now.
That page looks good!! It says chapter 66, "Snow Queen."
And, I see Sloth does show up inside the fort!!
Gahhh!! I want to read the rest!! Now!!
Kirara
Thanks for sharing that Paca it calms my anxiety for the chapter a little not much but a little. laugh.gif

Although it should technically be out tonight usually the chapter comes out by now on the net. I am guessing if the first page is out than it is out there somewhere.
riza hawkeye 9
OMG !!! paca , thanks so much ... i'm waiting for hours for the chap ....i hope it comes out soon .....
Reta McClain
O_O Darn! I want to read it now! Aaargghh! *jumps around the room screaming* So cool!

Thank you paca-chan! That is what I needed!
Animeoldtimer
Sloth makes an entrance! I hope it didn't tire him out too much! :0
Triss Hawkeye
Haha! Ten hours, just ten hours.......

*fidgets*
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
Slothy!

*fidgets as well* T_t My extreme impatience streak is showing up...
Chiyo
Sloth! But I feel that means no Winry this time round....and I realise that only bothers me.
Nekokitty
Gah! That one page taunts me! I must read the rest of it! XD *rocks back and forth, waiting patiently for rest of it*
MonsterEnvy
Wow, this looks to be an exciting chapter. I've looked through all of the (somewhat meager) resources I have for the RAW, but to no avail. Kirara, save us!

But, in any case, thanks so much for the first page, paca! It denied all of my fears that we'd go to, say, Winry on a train for ten pages before we see Sloth. I'm not sure of the word in the chapter... but it looked like 'it's coming from underground,' though I don't have my dictionary with me. Not anything revalation-y, at least. One hopes that the RAW shows up soon...

Incidentally, paca, where did you get that page?
paca
@MonsterEnvy: I found that page in the official site of GanGan smile.gif Here
This site usually has one or two pages of the mangas taht are edited in it.
oneangredwarf
omg . i really really want to read the next chapter now!!!
-liz
CodenameElizabeth
Wow. Looks like we are going to get to see Sis Armstrong kick some Homunculus butt...
HELL YEAH!!

Bring it on.
Nepharski
More swordfighting? Arakawa must secretly love me.

I knew it.
Triss Hawkeye
Less than half an hour....
Kirara
Wow, this looks to be an exciting chapter. I've looked through all of the (somewhat meager) resources I have for the RAW, but to no avail. Kirara, save us!

I probably have the same resources you do, Live Journal and a certain bittorent site. I just check so many times that it is unhealthy. smile.gif

This chapter seems to want to be the death of me. sad.gif
Scars Right Arm
god damnit, this wait is killing me! i'm just dying to see the confrontation between sloth, the elrics, and olivia, along with any other surprises this chapter has in store for us.

*hopes for pride to show up soon*
Nepharski
*Goes insane...r.*

They've always had a habit of releasing it a day or so before the ZOMG Fruit Tree countdown. But now they make us wait. Bah.
Nekokitty
Aww man, just checked livejournal, they had links for spoilers up but no RAW yet....I couldn't read the spoilers....T_T man I just wanna read this chapter so badly....
riza hawkeye 9
OMG ... CHAP 66 your 're gonna kill me ...T.T

so strange that it hasn't come out yet ... i want it now
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Dec 7 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]481723[/snapback]
We will all die in seven days if

A - Greed!Ling does not come back
B - If Hohenheim does not come back
C - [insert some occurence of a long lost character not coming back here]

I think I'm gonna do what Summoner Colette suggested and sacrifice people to Arakawa if Hohen-love isn't back. Double it if Greed!Ling isn't back either. TRIPLE it if there's a cop-out and we never see Sloth's face. QUADRUPLE it if we don't see Pride--you get the idea.

C - Gluttony

he hasn't appear in 8 chapters if you count tiny him... if you don't count him it been even longer. So lets hope he returns soon or I'll cry. ;_____________;
Nepharski
Gluttony's dead. All the fangirlism in the world won't bring him back.

Father, on the other hand, might have a few tricks up his sleeve, considering he saved Gluttony's Stone.
The random alchemist
he said he would bring him back... with all his memories .___. I'm hoping Father stick to that plan
Nepharski
Something tells me Father isn't always the most trustworthy of sources. Then again, maybe he's the sort of villain with noble traits (never lies, never kills "Unnecessarily", frequent jogger).

I still doubt we'll see Gluttony any time soon. If there's one thing Father is, it's pragmatic, so unless he sees a real reason to resurrect Gluttony, I doubt the little guy will be back any time soon.
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 11 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]483536[/snapback]
Something tells me Father isn't always the most trustworthy of sources. Then again, maybe he's the sort of villain with noble traits (never lies, never kills "Unnecessarily", frequent jogger).

I still doubt we'll see Gluttony any time soon. If there's one thing Father is, it's pragmatic, so unless he sees a real reason to resurrect Gluttony, I doubt the little guy will be back any time soon.

well there is proof he's alive as seen here. but I do agree we might not see him for a while... And I trust Father... more than my actual father lol. I think he's seems noble enough... much more than his anime equivelant...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.