Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many People Here Like Panic And Fallout Boy?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2
seredhiel
hello

Questions
- do you know who Panic and Fallout Boy MCR are? etc
- better yet do you like them

etc. etc. blah blah blah
Slashrose1010
Who doesn't know who they are? My Chemical Romance sold out to the media big time and who hasn't heard that crappy song "Dance, "Dance"... And yeah. Panic is everywhere too. Plus my GF likes them, so I have to listen to their music...

I do like MCR a bit, though. Their second CD was pretty sweet, but everyone overhyped it. I'm not so sure about their new album, though. I still have to give it a listen.

This thread is very unspecific. Perhaps you should have titled this "Emo Music" or something since they all have somewhat emo influences. The whole etc business is very undecisive. Someone edit, or delete if you really think it needs to be.
Le Monkey
I quite enjoy MCR but I dont like Panic at the disco or fallout boy much at all..
I actually went and baught MCRs new album for me and my sister(Birthday).
Kyros
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 25 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]477619[/snapback]
I quite enjoy MCR but I dont like Panic at the disco or fallout boy much at all..
I actually went and baught MCRs new album for me and my sister(Birthday).

That's partially because Panic at the Disco and Fallout Boy kinda suck lol btw emo kids, learn which way is the right way to cut, vertical gets the job done, horizontal just means you don't know what you're doing XD Stupid kids and them somehow keeping themselves depressed instead of doing something about it that's not making them look like an idiot *sigh*
chocolate_eds_everywhere
PANIC! is my favorite band, and Fall out Boy just came out with some new stuff like this ain't a scene which is even better then the stuff from b4 which i loved newayz.
I wasn't as much of a fan of MCR till the black parade stuff and i saw them at almost acoustic x-mas (Kroq concert) and they were amazing along with fall out boy who was performing that night too they where AMAZING!

my top 5 bands along with all american rejects and the killers!
ohh but u can't 4get about Queen lol
Zarpia
I hate fallout boy, I don't really care about the others...
Fushi
Hate both Fallout Boy and Panic! at the Disco, and I honestly can't tell the difference since they both SOUND THE SAME ZOMG.
Slashrose1010
Fallout Boy and Panic don't sound the same, they are all just subpar.
ed_drink_your_milk
I don't like Panic, but Fallout Boy is ok. But I don't listen to either, so I'm probably not one to judge.
Fushi
They sounded the same to me when I heard them. =/

Then again, Simple Plan and Good Charlotte sounded the same to me, not because of their vocals, but because of their 'sound'. (if that makes any sense at all ><;; )

Maybe I need to start paying attention to pop culture again or something.
Slashrose1010
Haha, you don't have to go that far. I just hear their songs occasionally because all my friends listen to that kind of music.

I think GC and Simple Plan have fairly similar music. I can see where you got that idea, but I think Panic and FoB sound a lot different.
Zexion
I like Panic! at the Disco, need to know more of The Fallout Boys, though. ohmy.gif
chocolate_eds_everywhere
*in tears* how can u all be so cruel? well we r all entitled to opinions. ya not a big fan of simple plan. i used to like good charlotte idk what happened there though...

omg, this is totally off subject but i just found out the blink 182 broke up idk if thats old news but i like just found out and i was freakin out!
Kyros
Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinions but it still doesn't mean that Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco are really that great *sigh* Emo bands normally can't play/sing worth crap so how about it's not just Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco that suck but it's others too *nods*
1cor1313
I liked them. But honestly? They sound same~ish. I was surprised when I first heard Panic at the Disco and I said "Wow. Fallout boy sure is releasing a lot of stuff recently" Then I realized it wasn't them .-.
riza's~twin~
personally i like them all wink.gif wich is my friends stephys fault since she made me listen 2 them...
Kyros
QUOTE(riza @ Jan 9 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]492882[/snapback]
personally i like them all wink.gif wich is my friends stephys fault since she made me listen 2 them...

So after hearing that crap you still call that person your friend? I'm wondering what happened to good music...there's less and less the more music "progresses" towards the future. *sigh* Take a whining little kid, put basic repetitious music together with the kid, and you have emo music. What is attractive about it?
Slashrose1010
People don't want to think or pay attention while listening to music. Duh. They want an easy to remember, catchy beat that filters throughout the song. They want something simplistic so they can catch it right away. They don't care about drum bass control, tremolo picking, complex music structures or true vocal ability.
ed_drink_your_milk
Slashrose1010-You have a way with words! laugh.gif (And, sadly, that's completely true.)
Morphine Alchemist
You would have to be living under a rock to have not heard of them. And even then it would be near impossible to not stumble upon their music.
I like Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance is okay on occasion. I really don't like Panic! At The Disco though. Their music is kind of bland in my opinion.

To Kyros: You must not know very much about emo music. There's more to it than whiney kids.
I wouldn't call FOB, PATD or MCR emo. Listen to bands like Rites Of Spring, The Promise Ring and The Get Up Kids for real emo.
You seem to know a lot about emo stereotypes but you're obviously lacking in any knowledge of what emo music really is.
Slashrose1010
Hawthorne Heights FTW!!! Lawl!!! [/wrist]
Shy
Yeah, I like them. Haven't been listening to them much though. Used to only listen to Fall Out Boy. Got out of that stage now \o/.
Rainsky
I love Panic, I knew about them before they got so popular. ( I'm not bragging )
And MCR, been a fan of theirs for a long while.
It's just Fall out Boy I don't like.
=/
Envy II
I don't really know who they are...

It's not that I live under a rock, it's just that I don't listen to popular music. tongue.gif

I heard a song by MCR (don't ask me what it is... I don't remember, nor do I care. lol) and I couldn't stand it... doesn't surprise me.
Fushi
Haha, you don't have to go that far. I just hear their songs occasionally because all my friends listen to that kind of music.

I think GC and Simple Plan have fairly similar music. I can see where you got that idea, but I think Panic and FoB sound a lot different.

The other day, I relistened to FoB. I realized I was wrong and that they don't sound the same. It had been a long time since I had listened to them, so when I finally heard Panic for the first time, I was instantly reminded of FoB. Mmmm, my apoligies, I was mistaken.

Still don't like 'em tho. Rehearing that song of FoB's "Sugar, we're going down swinging" or whatever it's called rekindled my hatred. That song drives me nuts. The more and more I listen to it the more and more it sounds like a stalker song. This normally wouldn't bother me had not an ex-friend tried to convince me before that the song was based on "Romeo and Juliet" of all things. There's a difference between being irrational and impaitent and moving too quickly with your love for the child of your family's arch-enemy, and sitting in a girl's closet and getting ready to kill her and yourself.

Unless, I am missing something about that song, and it's not what I think it is. Still drives me nuts. =/

Oy, this I find amusing.

On Canadian satelite radio, when they play "I write sins, not tragedies" they censor the word whore and instead put in "shhh." YET, when they play "Crazy b*tch" the only word that gets censored in that is f-bomb.
Woot, Canadian censorship. O_o;
Slashrose1010
In american radio, they censor out God and whore in that song. Our censorship is also retarded *shrugs*
Carnal Malefactor
...which is why you need to turn off thee olde tyme idiot box and start PAYING for your music.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Does Sirius or XM radio have it explicit?
Fushi
In american radio, they censor out God and whore in that song. Our censorship is also retarded *shrugs*
Oh yeah, god gets censored too.

...which is why you need to turn off thee olde tyme idiot box and start PAYING for your music.

Hey, I'm not the one who listens to the radio. It's my mother that does. XP I'm just unlucky enough to be in the car with her.

Does Sirius or XM radio have it explicit?

My mother uses XM, and it censors the songs.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
Adding on the censorship gayness,
(if u sing in the car with others around its good to know where the censors r )
idk what the fcc or whomever censors it was thinking cuz on kroq qhich is the channel that usually play fob, patd and mcr, doesn't censor the songs until like after a month or two of playing it, but they, the hosts ppl talkin, still say B**** and F*** its like wth? isn't that worst then d*****
HARDxPUNKxCORE
They r kewl, but they are not as hard as I would perfer
slayeralchemist
I like Fall Out Boy their songs are actually good and about Panic at the Disco I love them, they are really cool guys they once sang at my friend's party. They were quite nice, I also like them because they are from my hometown and went to the same highschool that I did biggrin.gif
mest
Sense the 3 bands u named are all completely of different genres its hard to like them all but i do
My Chemical Romance has more of a Goth Emo feeling in their songs but i like that
Panic! at the disco is like techno rock but i like their songs because they r unique
Fallout boy is a good band i would say but u cant understand any of their lyrics
Alchemist_of_frost
i love fall out boy, my chemical romance and panic at the disco. theyt have the best songs and also one of the panic at the disco members birthday is the same as mine.
ゆきえいり
Haha. This is a joke, right? Those two are some of the suckiest bands of all time. And....[spoiler]They're EMO!!!!!!!!![/spoiler] ohmy.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Jul 3 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]558465[/snapback]
Haha. This is a joke, right? Those two are some of the suckiest bands of all time. And....[spoiler]They're EMO!!!!!!!!![/spoiler] ohmy.gif

*high fives*
Kari_Neko
BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE AWESOMES!!!!!!!! SHUN THE NON BELEIVERS SHUN!!!!
FALL OUT BOY AND PANIC! ARE SOME OF THE BEST BANDS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sendeshi
I'm not a fan of any of them. They all sound the same and I find there music far too heavy.

@ Kari_Neko Just because you and a few scene kids like them doesn't make them the best bands in the world.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Aug 1 2007, 07:54 AM) *
I'm not a fan of any of them. They all sound the same and I find there music far too heavy.

LMFAO!!!
Fushi
I wouldn't call their music heavy, but if that's what you think, then okay. laugh.gif

Fallout Boy's earned some points with me recently...since I heard their cover of "What's This?" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. A pleasant surprise indeed.

Panic! however loses points for their cover of "This is Hallooween" from the same movie. It started out good, until they started singing. (Sucky vocals are sucky) Just too soft I was finding and the song came out...emo. Manson pwned that cover 10 times over.

Then again I should shut up about vocals, since for whatever reason I absolutely adore She Wants Rvenge's monotone, droning vocals, especially in their cover of "Kidnapp The Sandy Claws"
Sendeshi
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 1 2007, 08:24 PM) *

LMFAO!!!

Seriously your telling me My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy aren't heavy??

So you're saying that "Famous Last Words" by my chemical romance is a soft gentle song?

I don't.
Slashrose1010
Aww, that is cute smile.gif Haha. If you want real music that is heavy, listen to some Catacombs or Deathspell Omega.
Kids these days.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Aug 1 2007, 07:35 PM) *

LMFAO!!!

So you're saying that "Famous Last Words" by my chemical romance is a soft gentle song?

I don't.

You're a fuÁkin' pussy...
Slashrose1010
lol, I think Disconformity and Vomit Remnants are plenty heavy. Droney doom metal is a little extreme for the poor kid's ears.
Carnal Malefactor
Yah, but VR is garbage and I've never heard the other one... and you're not allowed to name-drop anything I don't approve of. XP
Slashrose1010
lol, I have only heard like one song from VR, but according to my friend they are good. He somehow thinks Immolation is terrible though, even though they are real NY death metal, lol. And Disconformity is another Jap brutal death metal band. Either way, both bands are heavier and better than FoB and Panic.
Carnal Malefactor
Any band that copies Dying Fetus is... not good...
Fushi
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Aug 1 2007, 05:35 PM) *

LMFAO!!!

I don't.

Carnal listens to death metal you see. That's like.....over 9000 times more heavy than anything FOB and Panic! can come out with. laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
shhhhhhh! XD
Sendeshi
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 2 2007, 02:31 AM) *
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Aug 1 2007, 07:35 PM) *

LMFAO!!!

I don't.

You're a fuÁkin' p***y...

How does not liking a band make me a p***y?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.