Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime Viewing Night
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News > Fullmetal-alchemist.com News > The Circle Of Friends
Pages: 1, 2
Zarpia
We the CoF members will have a chat about Death Note ep 8 this Saturday, we will be viewing the ep at the same time, Live-eviL sub will be the fastest release so you'll have to get those one =D

Server: Rizon
Channel: #CircleofTyrants

For more info click asu's sig>>

The time will be 9 am PST, 11 am Central, 12 EST, 5 UK =D

We will be waiting for you Saturday!
Sharingan Serpent
Oh really...I've never heard about Death Note, so that means I can't join in happy.gif
Chiyo
I'll be there. don't you fret.
Le Monkey
little over 5 hours and counting!
asunder
enjoy! (and bump)
be back tomorrow or so~
Molecular Alchemist
I want to join...but I think tonite my sis and I are being dragged to a party...sorry mates sad.gif
Zarpia
Just 30 min till we all go crazy XD
Funderful
I don't have mIRC. Or do I?
Bleh.
Sadness.
I wish I could join.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Funderful @ Nov 25 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]477710[/snapback]
I don't have mIRC. Or do I?
Bleh.
Sadness.
I wish I could join.

Aw, don't worry about it dear. We shall both wallow in our sadness together!

...Even if I did have mIRC, I haven't seen or read Death Note, yet. So sorry. D:

And asunder is a mod now? Woooosh. Awesome. XD;
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Nov 25 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]477716[/snapback]

Correction: Moderating Admin. tongue.gif
Zarpia
Oh yes! we can bother him even more now biggrin.gif
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Nov 25 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]477720[/snapback]
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Nov 25 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]477716[/snapback]

Correction: Moderating Admin. tongue.gif

*is thwapped*

That's even better! XD
mei_tenshi
Anime: Death Note (Episode 8)
*Date: Saturday, December 2
*Time: 8:30 PM PST (9:30 PM Mountain, 10:30 PM Central, 11:30 PM Eastern, 4:30 AM UK, and so on~)
*Chat client: IRC (server: Rizon; channel: #CircleOfTyrants)

Anime: D.Gray-man (Episode 8)
*Date: Saturday, December 2
*Time: 9 PM PST (10 PM Mountain, 11 PM Central, 12 PM Eastern, 5 AM UK, ~~)
*Chat client: IRC (server Rizon; channel: #CircleOfTyrants)

----------------------

*Date, time, and chat clients are subject to change by popular demand.

If you're able to join us at the above times, dates, and locations, send me a PM.

If you're unable to join us at the above times, dates, and/or locations, but still really, really want to participate in a synchronous viewing for either Death Note 8 or D.Gray-man 8, send me a PM. (Be sure to include the date/times that you prefer, as well as the chat client and the anime. It may be possible to reschedule the main viewing, as the asterisked (*'d) details are tentative and we'd like to accommodate as many people as possible.)

It's very important that you let me know if you'll be joining us at the specified times/dates for the specified anime(s); don't just tell someone to tell me--let me know personally! If there are any changes, I need to know who to send out PMs to.

If you have any questions (including those concerning where to obtain the episodes that we'll be watching), send a PM to either Zarpia or me, or you can post it here. smile.gif
Zarpia
What does doing it over msn sounds, that is way more popular than mIRC...

Edit: never mind that, we could do that next time biggrin.gif

Edit 2: Ok, you can also try a Java Client is way easier just put your nick and the CoF channel

Client: Rizon
Chatroom: #CircleOfTyrants
Nickname: It must be your forum nick, other wise I'll kick you out...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
._. I'd love to but i haven't seen any of the Death Note anime ;_;
Have fun you guys.
Zarpia
^lol, I haven't seen D.gray-man at all, but still I will watch the ep.
Longsword
These are so much fun! I will try to write a report from the next viewing. Mei's count-ups are legendary!
mei_tenshi
Next synchronous viewing!

Date: Saturday, December 9
Time: 9 am PST (10 am MST, 11 CST, Noon EST, 5 pm UK)
Chat Client: mIRC, Server: Rizon, Channel: #CircleOfTyrants (You can also access the chat with http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=Rizon.)

Another double feature! We're watching Death Note 10 and Perfect Girl Evolution 1 (aka Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge), the latter requested by Zarpi. Viewing order will be determined by those present.

Again, if you have any questions (i.e., where to get the episodes >_>) , feel free to PM either me or Zarpi, though IRC-related ones are better addressed in the IRC thread (in Spam Central) or by asunder (which is pretty much the same thing XD).

Since Death Note is pretty much a permanent fixture in our viewing schedule (at least, until it finishes), I think the second anime episode could be open to recommendations by those intending to participate in the viewing. We can work out a system for suggestions this Saturday (if we need one at all), or if anyone has ideas before then, please post them here!
edsgirl
I'm in for this week! I finally got my self caught up with Death Note, but I've already seen PGE 1, but I'll watch it again.
Zarpia
^I want to see you there Rainy, so don't forget!
edsgirl
CRAP!! I missed it. For some reason I had it in my head that it was going to be at 9 p.m.

I'm such a n00b sad.gif
mei_tenshi
Rainy: We missed you! sad.gif You'll come to the next one, won't you?
-------------------------------------------------
Date: Saturday, December 16
Time: 3 pm PST (4 pm MST, 5 pm CST, 6 pm EST, 11 pm UK)
Chat Client: IRC, Server: Rizon, Channel: #CircleOfTyrants (alternatively, http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=Rizon would also work)

This week's double feature: Death Note 11 and Eureka Seven 1 (by request of ed's numbuh 1 fan)
Zarpia
Please, join us sad.gif we need more people...
edsgirl
Okay, the time slot is better for this one, so i'm in, but I'm not promising on watching E7 again for like the 4th time! Can I request a different anime for next week (other than DN of course)? Not sure which one yet, so I'll get back to you tomorrow.
mei_tenshi
Okay, so last week's Eureka Seven didn't pan out, but that's okay! Stuff happens.

Up this week is Death Note 12 (of course~) and Ouran High School Host Club 4 by request of Ailuro. No date/time set yet, so post suggestions and preferences here.

BTW, the awesome asu has hooked me up with a special script for synchronous viewing use, so next time you come by IRC (and I'm around), type !timer and watch something really cool happen. biggrin.gif
Zarpia
I suggest we have the anime viewing on Saturdays only, time can change. But that's just me.

Also, I don't think I will be available for the rest of the month for the AV, so you all count me out from the next 2-3 AV's.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
Ouran High School Host Club!

You can count me in for that. Trust me this time.[/questionable validity]
mei_tenshi
Triple Soul: Awesome! =D

Slight change of plans, though: instead of episode 4, we'll be watching Host Club Episode 8. I hope you don't mind! happy.gif;;

And we'll be on the Circle of Friends IRC channel, so to make sure that you're able to connect all right, feel free to stop by before...before...eh. We still need to set a date! ohmy.gif

EDIT: Come to think of it, Saturday morning (PST) probably won't work for me, as I might be getting a physical that day.
Popogeejo
So when are we doing this? I'm stuck in the UK so it'll probably by 11pm or later my time to accommodate the Western US members without having them up horribly early.
Ailuro
Saturday would be good. And any time Saturday is fine with me. Anyone oppose this time?
phoenix dying
Saturday in the morning maybe. Cause Jesus gotta work at night mellow.gif
Ailuro
Sure, why not. How's 11 am sound? That'd be 7 pm in Popoland.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
Episode 8? No problems with that.

And 11 AM...what time would that be, central time? Or is *that* central time?
mei_tenshi
11 am (I'm assuming Ailuro meant Pacific) would be 1 pm Central. smile.gif

I'll probably make it back by then, but no guarantees.
Zarpia
Good luck with the AV sad.gif
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
1 PM? Allright, perfect.

And g'luck~!
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 19 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]486126[/snapback]

Yes yes, that would work.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Dec 19 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]486209[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 19 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]486126[/snapback]

Yes yes, that would work.

Popoland? I feel obligated to make a flag now...
Ailuro
QUOTE(Triple_Soul_Alchemist @ Dec 19 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]486147[/snapback]
Episode 8? No problems with that.

And 11 AM...what time would that be, central time? Or is *that* central time?

Oh, yes. 1 pm. I temporarily forgot America has four time zones. tongue.gif
Fushi
Aw man, my problem here is with a crappy computer that doesn't download torrents or anything very well. sad.gif Drat.
asunder
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Dec 21 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]486850[/snapback]
Aw man, my problem here is with a crappy computer that doesn't download torrents or anything very well. sad.gif Drat.

We can supply the episode ~ (most probably)
Fushi
QUOTE(asu)

Doesn't play them well either. sad.gif Anytime I have managed to download something it doesn't work. O_o

Plus, I only use IRC on my computer at my mom's, which is crap central.

We'll have to see I guess.

mei_tenshi
NOTICE

QUOTE(www.deathgod.org)
From KillerFly:
Instead on an episode of the anime this week, a live-action special aired with interviews and the like. You can find pics of the special here.

I will post the RAW if I find it, and of course, I'll post any subs of it that happen to come out. According to Wikipedia, Episode 12 will air December 26 (thanks Zav-Kun for the info)

Sooo...unless we find subs of the special (and if anyone does, please share the wealth~), no Death Note viewing this week. However, we'll still be watching Ouran High School Host Club 8 on Saturday. smile.gif
Zarpia
First: I love your avy is so damn cute XD
Second: I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you will be hable to be in the AV.

Edit: I suggests we find something else to watch, well, I won't be there anyway, but is just an option...
Ailuro
DGM instead of DN?
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Dec 21 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]486969[/snapback]
QUOTE(asu)

Doesn't play them well either. sad.gif Anytime I have managed to download something it doesn't work. O_o

Plus, I only use IRC on my computer at my mom's, which is crap central.

We'll have to see I guess.

We can also help you out with that. All you have to do is come on a little bit early. wink.gif

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]486977[/snapback]
DGM instead of DN?

what what?!!
Zarpia
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Dec 22 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]487228[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]486977[/snapback]
DGM instead of DN?

what what?!!

DGM = D.Gray-Man
mei_tenshi
If no one objects, D.Gray-man 12 it is~
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
I just started watching Death Note yesterday, but I'll give D.Gray-Man a try. happy.gif
Popogeejo
And now Popo has to try and catch up with D.gray man. You people will be the death of me!
I mean c'mon! I'm getting seriously bogged down. I have to tackle Mushishi (50% done), Escaflowne, Neon Genesis, the second half of Cowboy Bebop, Death Note and knowing me I'll want to see all of OUran and D.gray man. And all thas before region 2 DVDs of Haruhi and Ergo Proxy come out.

See what you people have done to me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.