Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Christmas/hanukkah/kwanza!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Funderful
And, like a neighbor who's hung up their Christmas lights a tad too early,
or a mall who has decked it's halls with all sorts of obnoxious mechanical Santas and the such, rises a thread of which anything you'll be celebrating this Holiday season can be spammed all to hell.

Enjoy or despise, forumers.
Welcome to the mecca of curious season's wishes.
Heck yes.
asunder
Except that it's NOVEMBER.
Sharingan Serpent
Yeah but we could write in it until December can't we asu? (trying to think positive)
Chiyo
Christmas makes me happy...so let me be happy early this f&*%ing year!
Funderful
Indeed.
But, It's late November.
Anyway, the Christmas parades around my nation have all come and gone (most likely to avoid snow), and I see Wal-Mart has stuck a bundle of oversized snowglobes in everyones faces already.

As I commented, it is a little early, but it'll be a fun place to screw around until frostbite eventually renders you fingers incapable of typing.

Unless you live in Florida.
Or reality.
Blitz
The mall that I go to had their X-mas stuff up before Halloween.... XD
Funderful
Yeah. In the stores around here, the day after Halloween is quite obviously Christmas.
That Holiday is so commercial...
I went shopping in Wal-Mart (and so I say it, once again) and this mechanical singin' santa made me jump.
And he wasn't even a good singer.
It was at Mark's Wearhouse too.
I was wondering when the armada of them would arrive.
Anyway, I'm wondering when all this crap took over the 25th.
I'm not a terribly (or at all, really) religious person, but I'd like to see a singin' Jesus once in a while.
I would totally buy one.
You can hook them up to your stereo and make them sing other songs, too.
I'm pretty sure a friend on mine hooked the one his family owns up to 'Smack That' before it blew a fuse. I hope he filmed it. o-o

And have you noticed it's only Christmas?
I feel like force feeding 'Santa' some Latkahs or something.
I still like Christmas, though...
Everyones content, and I get presents. <3
000_neji
I like x'mas because its VACATION time!!!! I love to go home...I miss my family...also,there are a lot of food to eat in christmas and new year...ahhh the fireworks,i will hear them again...
Mudkipblader
It's not to early, some shops nearby have sold Christmas stuff before Halloween (I guess I've seen something during September)

I like December it has lots of celebration times: 6th of December (St. Nicolas -gift time for children-) except for this year, we start Exams then. Christmas and New year's eve.
I love December ^^
Funderful
Oh yeah, vacation.
That would be the best part of the holidays...
No work to attend to at school.
Mudkipblader
OH, and two weeks of only anime and no school..yeah, best part of December: holidays
Demon Shocker
QUOTE(Mudkipblader @ Nov 25 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]477828[/snapback]
OH, and two weeks of only anime and no school..yeah, best part of December: holidays

That has to be the very best part tongue.gif
Mudkipblader
I knew you would agree with me. ^^
Mustang_93
Who wouldn't?
ἀρχή
The entire US economy depends on Christmas. I believe it was FDR that moved Thanksgiving back a week to increase the christmas shopping season.

Anyway, I hate the Christmas cheer crap. Where the hell was all this good will in July? And how will this holiday cheer lower my bills so I can save a dime to put my kid through college? Will the good will stop people from spending their rent money on gifts so they won't get evicted in spring? Will the good will give me a parking space at the store when all I want to buy is a damned lightbulb!???

So Merry F@#$ing Christmas! from me to you and I wish you the best F@#$ing Christmas ever!
Molecular Alchemist
@Arche- tell me about it

You see...right now i love to go to the city, bc everyone is soo nice...guys hold doors for you, hail cabs for you...and people are generally happy. But then....it's like once the middle of January comes around..well...there goes christmas cheer and good will to all men. NO one cares anymore...cars deliberatly drive through puddles to splash walkers...you get doors slammed in your face...and its like...all of the happiness is gone.

But...aside from that...WE ARE THE LAST PEOPLE ON OUR BLOCK TO PUT UP XMAS STUFF!! And the Christmas store in my mall has been up since before Halloween... mellow.gif
Bakka
happy holidays to one in all!

i hope to get a gameboylight along with pokemon pearl happy.gif other than that i have no wishes at all (at least none humanly possible)
Funderful
@ Molecular;
I've never been to British Columbia (That's where you are, correct?).
But everyone's the same here...
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.
We're too small to have taxis.
And it never snows in time for Christmas.
Always the day after.
Like, a subtle Holiday edition of the twilight zone.

I hate where I live.
It's much too small.
I want to live in a city... Any city!
Halifax, the capital of Nova Scotia, is only about an hour away.
I'd much rather move up there, but alas.
I cannot.
Memoria
here all the christmas lights have been up in the city center for a couple of weeks now sleep.gif;; and many shops have had their chrissy stock out since the start of october O_O i have also seen a few houses in the streets with their decorations up... its a bit much... its still november

saying that i can't wait till christmas (big kid at heart... makes me sound old O_O i'm only 19!!! >.<)
Chiyo
^you think 19 is scary? Wait till you've passed your teens.

Yes the UK does start selling the Xmas stock fairly early, but we don't go out having huge celebrations until closer to the holiday. Frankly with the amount of time I'm in Uni at the mo any festive spirit is good with me.
~Wolven Alchemist~
Happy holidays, everyone! ^_^
Mudkipblader
You too, Wolven Alchemist!

I got to say that I can't wait 'till it's Christmas, 'cause that'll mean the exams are over and that we have to do nothing.
At my school we have a little party before everyone gets his repport and it's quite fun. Like this year we go to the cinema. ^o^

And lone, you're going to have Pokémon Pearl? I didn't know it was going to be released by then. Yey for Pokémon.
Sharingan Serpent
The only reason I like Christmas is because I can get away from School and examinations and many other things biggrin.gif also I get to spend the holidays with my relations wub.gif
inuhariko
I wish you all a Satisfactory Non-Denominational Capitalist Wintertime Gift-Giving Season!
Mustang_93
Has anywone drafted their lists yet (or already have)?
Funderful
I want a giftcard.
For manga.
And perhaps Dual Sympathy.
Therefore, I'd be satisfied with money.
Then I can get whatever I want.
Yup, Yup.
One Stars. Gah.
Demon Shocker
Merry Christmas to all!

Kippy: Hope those exams go well for you!

lone: Your getting Pearl! Where I live they
haven't even talked about them yet. Only
place I've read about them is on the internet.
Karlykitten
Christmahanukwanzaka. That's the best word I've heard in a long time. I'll have to remember that.
Triss Hawkeye
Oooooh I LOVE Christmas!!!!

Hols for one thing, then our hamlet does a safari supper on Boxing Day (one house does the starters, one the main course, one the dessert and one the coffee).

I've decided that I want a literary agent for Christmas. Called Smith if possible. laugh.gif

I hope to be a published author by this time next year!!
Mustang_93
My mom has finally given up trying to hide gifts from me she is just planning to take me to kearney and i am going to get my stuff and pretend to act surprised which i am very good at doing. I wish it would snow you know about that strom that hit the midwest, it missed NE so we didnt have any snow days. *sigh*
.:Edward's Hunter:.
biggrin.gif Oh Christmas! It is....

Just another holiday I'm kept away from. dry.gif My religion is cruel to my soul, but I believe in it no matter how much I love the "warm fuzzles" of the holidays....

All I get is eggnog, which is icky. (With a billion calories a sip!)

But please, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! laugh.gif
Karlykitten
I love how the few weeks before Christmas everyone is so cheerful...the playing of music, the laughing of family, even people who don't celebrate Christmas seem to join in the holiday spirit(although they probably celebrate other holidays around this time, too)!
Christmas is one of the few times I get to see my cousins, because they live so far away, too. Everyone is together, it's great!

My only problem= the presents. Many small children seem to think Christmas is only about presents. I don't celebrate Christmas in a religious way, but I still believe the original point, "Christmas is about giving".
That's just my opinion.

Happy holidays, everyone!
Kitty Chow
QUOTE(.:Edward @ Dec 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]481018[/snapback]
biggrin.gif Oh Christmas! It is....

Just another holiday I'm kept away from. dry.gif My religion is cruel to my soul, but I believe in it no matter how much I love the "warm fuzzles" of the holidays....

All I get is eggnog, which is icky. (With a billion calories a sip!)

But please, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! laugh.gif

Aww, ur religion doesn't allow anything T.T

I feel sorry for u...eggnog? Yuck! That stuff must be REALLY unhealthy O.O

Happy Holidays!! ^^
Funderful
^ Where do you live now?

Anyway, December is my Birthday month, so I get alot of Christmas/Birthday presents.
My friends are coming over on Friday to bring me presents :3.
We'll watch Saw, or something.
Feh.
I might be getting Roy and Ed Movie plushies from my parents, though.

It snowed yesterday!
My brother got head in the face with an Iceball.
He has a huge scratch, and resembles Dr.Evil.
Hurrah.

Hmm. Eggnog is great the first time, but the second or third time you drink it, it's disgusting.
Karlykitten
Click here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (and any other holidays you guys celebrate!)
Triss Hawkeye
*chokes* Argh! Can't breathe! Sides splitting!

I haven't laughed so much in a loooong while. laugh.gif
Karlykitten
QUOTE(Triss Hawkeye @ Dec 11 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]483384[/snapback]
*chokes* Argh! Can't breathe! Sides splitting!

I haven't laughed so much in a loooong while. laugh.gif

Aaaand that's why I posted it. biggrin.gif
Funderful
What the hell did Santa stuff up those reindeer's nose?
Steroids?
.:Edward's Hunter:.
QUOTE(Karlykitten @ Dec 11 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]483380[/snapback]
Click here!

laugh.gif Cute!

Looky! Clicky! And click!

biggrin.gif The last one is SO damn polite! Merry Christmas and such!
Karlykitten
QUOTE(.:Edward @ Dec 11 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]483404[/snapback]
QUOTE(Karlykitten @ Dec 11 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]483380[/snapback]
Click here!

laugh.gif Cute!

Looky! Clicky! And click!

biggrin.gif The last one is SO damn polite! Merry Christmas and such!

Oh yes, VERY polite! xD Those are cute!
Tombow
Happy Hanukkha to everyone who's celebrating Hanukkha!!
(including some of my friends on this board!! biggrin.gif )

ETA: Nop, I'm not Jewish, nor celebrating Hanukkha. But this one is for my Jewish friends on the board. biggrin.gif
Mudkipblader
Happy Hanukkha to you Tombow.

I don't celebrate it myself, but I wanna wish you a happy one.

For all the others Happy Holidays.
Funderful
Oh, yeah. It's Hannukah. Have a good one, Jon Stewart and all meh' friends out there!
Mudkipblader
You have a happy one too, funderful. =3
Funderful
I'm roman catholic.
Wamp, wamp, wah'.

But, in the spirit of this holiday, I bring you
a Hannukah carol.
MasterKris
I don't get ads. They shout, "Happy Holidays!" and show a full Merry Christmas decorated scene of whatever they're selling. At least do what you're saying! You people are showing singular! If you say plural, YOU DO PLURAL.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to ya all. And remember, the true meaning of Christmas is not about familes, trees, decoratons, Santa, presents, recieving or giving. IT'S A BIRTHDAY. Remember that.
Chiyo
^ Or so they say, I heard Jesus was born in the summer sometime.

Anywho Christmas is really just round the corner now, hope you are all going to be doing something(one) you love.
Funderful
I heard the 25th is a pagan holiday, and the europeans eventually changed it to Christmas to try and stop it. ._. Which isn't very nice.

Oh, well. At least you're still celebrating the birth of Jesus, even if it's a few seasons away.
And despite your inspiring words, is still hope I get my movie!Ed and movie!Roy plush dolls. They're like, 70 dollars with shipping and handling, so I doubt I will. though. Feh.

I still have to find money to get my little brother that stupid Pokemon DVD.
Augh. Just when I thought that phase was over, it comes rushing back full throttle...
MasterKris
^ Or so they say, I heard Jesus was born in the summer sometime.

Anywho Christmas is really just round the corner now, hope you are all going to be doing something(one) you love.
I don't know who made that up but it's definately unture. Like Al Gore's global warming prediction. Just trying to get the b-day out of the way and fully add in the media Christmas feeling.

I heard the 25th is a pagan holiday, and the europeans eventually changed it to Christmas to try and stop it. ._. Which isn't very nice.

I just do not understand why they don't accept the fact that Dec. 25th is Jesus's b-day.

Oh, well. At least you're still celebrating the birth of Jesus, even if it's a few seasons away.
And despite your inspiring words, is still hope I get my movie!Ed and movie!Roy plush dolls. They're like, 70 dollars with shipping and handling, so I doubt I will. though. Feh.

I still have to find money to get my little brother that stupid Pokemon DVD.
Augh. Just when I thought that phase was over, it comes rushing back full throttle...

O_O
70 BUCKS FOR A PLUSH DOLL???

Ah Pokemon, it can rush back to anyone. Even a highschooler...
Funderful
2 PLUSH DOLLS!
And that's with shipping and handling.
Plus, they're a foot tall!
-Flails hands around to demonstrate massive height-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.