Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 10 (english North American Version, Chapters 38, 39, 40, 41)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Wyrd_Raven
~Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 10 Is Out In Us, Well Borders at least, so are FMA Anime Art book and Profiles ~

Well folks, I have good news for those following the English release of the FMA manga, Volume 10 is in stores! This volume has the following notes of important for those following from the fanslations:

Xerxes is still Cselkcess (dunno WHY they translated it like that).

The Sage from the East/West is called the Philosopher from the East/West (Not as bad of a change and still carries the same connotations).

The Lin/Ling debate is not resolved at this moment, as Ling was not mentioned by name, but you will all be happy to know that the Cross in the Xerxes ruin was not turned into slag out YAY (of course there was no conotation of crucifixition in this scene)!

Discuss away!

OT:
Also some people may not have noticed this but the FMA anime artbook and anime profiles book are also now available, but that's for an entirely different section wink.gif
Nepharski
Nice to see they're checking back on themselves this time. I've heard they fixed Riza and Jean's names. I'll purchase on as soon as I find a Borders.
Tombow
@Wyrd_Raven - Thanks for the news and the info!!!
And, I'm glad you found the way to open a thread!! biggrin.gif
Volume 10!!! Yay!!
Reta McClain
It's pity that I can't get volume 10 until next friday, possibly monday...

They fixed those name problems? Good to know... It gets to my nerves if they aren't correct biggrin.gif

And I sure hope I can get Profiles and Art for Christmas... I don't currently have enough money >.< And if I'm lucky, I can get Manga Profiles too...
Funderful
>> I pre-ordered volume 10 from Coles.
Why haven't they called me yet?
Need. Read. Next. Volume.

I'm happy they fixed the names.
I was really rather pissed with 'Lin','Liza', And... Er... Jan.

Did anyone else notice the part where Edward called Al 'Ed'?

Yeah, I'm hoping to get the Manga Profiles for Christmas too (Or my birthday. Couple of weeks).

Actually, I'm Canadian, but things are usually released around the same time.

Edit;
HOLY. FRICK.
The person from the bookstore just called me up, like, 2 seconds.
Uncanny.
Colette
Maybe since Jean and Riza's names were changed, Ling and Ran Fan's will go back to normal? ._.
Funderful
We can only hope. >>
I shall pick up my copy within the next hour.
Still shaken by weird sycrosity of phonecall
TheSnig
I bought it! (I am very happy now) It's one of my favourite fmas so far.
but i had to sprint from my house to the local comic book store to get it! it took me around 20 min and when i got back I could barely breath sad.gif
Funderful
Ah. I wish my bookstore was close eenough I could sprint to it.
That would be heaven.
Up goes another 200 dollars on manga!
w00t, If I may say.
Reta McClain
Sheesh, you people should be happy that you can get the new volumes so quickly. I live across the ocean and I have to wait around week until next book is in the selves.

And the shop is 6(?) kilometres to west(?) from my home...
pawnedbyme
Yah! I found it at barnes and Nobles!
Nepharski
Found it and bought it. Natch'. A few snippits of dialouge came off as a bit awkward, but otherwise on top of its field, translation wise. One thing worries me, however.

At the end of each of the previous volumes, there was a mention of when the next was going to be released, usually two months later. No such forecast for Vol. 10.

I find this slightly troubling.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 24 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]477362[/snapback]

Well we all knew the moment that FMA's US Manga release would catch up to Japan was coming. However Rightstuf lists January 16th as the release date for 11. We are getting closer and closer and I worry that we'll be waiting 6 months+ until volumes past 15 come out..
Colette
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 23 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]477362[/snapback]
Found it and bought it. Natch'. A few snippits of dialouge came off as a bit awkward, but otherwise on top of its field, translation wise. One thing worries me, however.

At the end of each of the previous volumes, there was a mention of when the next was going to be released, usually two months later. No such forecast for Vol. 10.

Volume 10 makes up for it though, let's face it, Chapter 38 and 39 are amazing.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
I got FMA volume 10 the day it came out...I'm obsessive like that. >.>; I I love it, of course, but volume 11 will be my favorite, I can tell you that right now...

Oh, and since the anime profiles book was mentioned, I have a tidbit on it that'll piss a few fangirls off -- I got it today, and Envy is referred to as a "she" in his/it's profile.
Colette
Volume 11 is the one with Hoheneheim on the cover, side cover, within the chapters, rough sketches, and omakes, correct?

Why ever would you enjoy that? >_>
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
No you silly goose, I'm gonna enjoy it for the sole fact that it has Pinako! Gotta love Granny! <3 [/blatantsarcasm]
Funderful
Volume 10 drops off as a cliffhanger for those who don't read it online.
Damn it.
Anyway, I can't wait for 11 to come out, too.
I'm happy to hear the date, because they didn't put it at the back of the manga this time...

Anyway, I hope Viz hurries to hell up.
We have to catch up to the (correct me if I'm wrong) 15 volumes in Japan.
Cast pity on the English! ;_; Please.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Funderful @ Nov 25 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]477699[/snapback]
Anyway, I hope Viz hurries to hell up.
We have to catch up to the (correct me if I'm wrong) 15 volumes in Japan.
Cast pity on the English! ;_; Please.

When that happens we have to wait more than six months cause we caught up with Japan. I can handle it for Excel Saga and Hellsing.... FMA will tip me over the edge.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 24 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]477443[/snapback]
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 24 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]477362[/snapback]

Well we all knew the moment that FMA's US Manga release would catch up to Japan was coming. However Rightstuf lists January 16th as the release date for 11. We are getting closer and closer and I worry that we'll be waiting 6 months+ until volumes past 15 come out..

True, but I sort of hoped they wouldn't run out of steam till we were neck and neck, and by my calculations we should still have another year of bi-monthly state-side release. By the time Vol. 15 pops it's head around here, Japan should already have no. 16 and 17.

Ah well, but I've got beautiful, generous scan sights, so what's the bother? I'll wait it out.
Wyrd_Raven
If its any consolation Nephraski, it looks like rightstuf and Borders lists FMA up to volume 13, so that means a continued bit of bi monthly releases till May, then they'll probably update with 14 and 15 plus the novels and maybe the second art book.

EDIT: I just checked out Viz's website and luckily they list Volume 11
http://www.viz.com/products/products.php?product_id=6128

January 18th is the suggested release date.
Nepharski
Alright, that's all fine then.
Meitantei Conan
Ya i so happy that 11 coming out soon too can't wait to read it!!
pheonix_varg
Me too, I got 10 last week biggrin.gif
Best FMA manga yet, in my opinion. But please hurry up with the translations, Viz, I really want to know what happens next.
Oh well, at least I know I won't have to wait more than a month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.