Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 15 (chapters 58, 59, 60, 61) Out In Japan On Nov. 22, 2006
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Nepharski
Volume 15 covers chapters 58, 59, 60, & 61, and out in Japan on Nov. 22, 2006!

~ Volume 15 Ishbal in paperback ~

Volume 15 for pre-order at Amazon.co.jp

No word on the cover yet, but according to the LJ Hagaren boards, it's slated for Japanese bookshelves by Novemeber 22.

ETA: Cover:

Chapters covered:
Chapter 58: "The Footsteps of Ruin"
Chapter 59: "The Immoral Alchemist"
Chapter 60: "In the Absence of God"
Chapter 61: "The Hero of Ishbal"
Panda_Battle
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 12 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]458815[/snapback]

Volume 15 for pre-order at Amazon.co.jp

No word on the cover yet, but according to the LJ Hagaren boards, it's slated for Japanese bookshelves by Novemeber 22.

very interesting i don't care to much becasue viz media won't have it coming out till next year probley i wish they would print faster
Tombow
@Nepharski - Tanks for the link!!
It's 410 Japanese yen (about $4.00) and no date for the sale yet. Taking reservations now.
I'm curius about the cover, too!! biggrin.gif
Kirara
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 12 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]459100[/snapback]

@Nepharski - Tanks for the link!!
It's 410 Japanese yen (about $4.00) and no date for the sale yet. Taking reservations now.
I'm curius about the cover, too!! biggrin.gif

The expensive part is the shipping. Especially if you are impatient like me and get the fastest possible shipping. You guys might also be interested to know that FMA manga calendar is coming out at the roughly the same time. Buy both at the same time and save on shipping.

Here is the preorder link for the calendar http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4757517...0735945?ie=UTF8

Nepharski
Volume 15's cover has been revealed. No word on the spine. Bets are on Hughes, Kimbley, or Envy.

Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 2 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]469275[/snapback]
Volume 15's cover has been revealed. No word on the spine. Bets are on Hughes, Kimbley, or Envy.

Hmmm... my opinion: not so amazing after the last ones... And the reddish brown on the letters doesn't match the dominating yellowish brown from the coats and sand. 'Tis brown, yes, but...

Looks nice still, but it broke the awesomeness that we were getting used to as of late happy.gifU
CodenameElizabeth
Hmmm... my opinion: not so amazing after the last ones...

This cover is certainly a departure from the amazing action scenes we've been treated to lately. However, I think it is brilliant in a very subtle way.

Arakawa has done an amazing job portraying the emotional state of the characters. All three have appeared on previous covers at some point, but here, there is a distinct departure from how they are typically depicted. Hughes has his back turned, emotionless, certainly not his typical jovial self. Hawkeye looks distraught, with her head hung low, not exactly content to be killing others with that rifle in her hand. Even Roy looks blank and detached-- probably wondering if what he is doing here in this war is the "right" thing.

This cover tells a story, and is a brillant testament to what lies in the manga chapters contained in this volume. Arakawa has done a great job at grasping just how much of an emotional toll the horrors of a bloody war like Ishbal can take on a human being. Very well done cover, IMO.
Nepharski
All three have appeared on previous covers at some point

Hughes has made a cover before? When did that happen?
CodenameElizabeth
Hughes has made a cover before? When did that happen?

I thought he was on cover #3.
I could easily be wrong... or I could have been thinking about another artbook pic.

(EDIT: I was wrong-- that was Armstrong on cover #3. I stand corrected.)

Even if he has not made a cover before, Hughes is portrayed differently here than you see him in most of the promotional art. The effects of the war are apparent on everyone on the ch 15 cover.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 2 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]469275[/snapback]

Yesterday, while I was trying to sleep, for some reason (go figure... blink.gif) I started to think, among other things, of Volume 15 and I thought of 2 things.

The 1st one is sth I forgot to comment back then: that I hope Hughes makes it to the spine... even if for some (pessimist?) reason I tend to believe Kimbley will be the one to appear happy.gifU. I think both of them are important enough to deserve a spine, indeed (same goes for Envy), but, unlike Kimbley, who still has much to say in the story (same goes for Envy, again), I don't think Hughes gets many more chances to "shine"... what with him being dead and all sleep.gifU... And since here he had quite an important role, I think now is his time.
Therefore, Hughes for spine! ( >o<)-o

Whatever, just a little ranty opinion I wanted to share. \( u_u)/

And, number 2 would be... the inner spine. From not having anyone dead on the last 3 volumes, we move onto one with more corpses than all the other ones altogether x_x so... who do you think will make it there? or how will it be?

Possibilities I came up with:
- Only the important characters are shown: Hawkeye sensei (from Roy and Riza's Flashback-within-the-flashback happy.gifU), the Rockbells... Scar's Brother? (he wasn't shown dying though... cool.gif there might be sth there. Or not.) etc.
Even with only that, it makes up already for a quite full one... x_x And, considering how Arakawa drew also the animals from the island or the people from Devil's Nest, the other possibility I thought of would be...
- A blackout. That is, sth like all the souls going to heaven altogether, the picture so full it would just be some black blob/s. Or some note saying... "so many deaths we couldn't fit them all here" or similar, just like volume 7's read "all the people in Devil's Nest. Too many to draw them all".

So? Your ideas?

Oh, and, for the record, I also noticed no one died for volume 16 -IIRC-... sleep.gif Unless you count the chimera used to fake Marcoh's "death"... So another empty spine, it is, I guess.
Where's the fun, then? sad.gif

EDIT: little touches for a better tomorrow understanding.
Kirara
I like the cover, the dusty colors look really melancholy which fits well with the theme of the chapters.

I am voting for Kimbley on the spine although I've been wrong about the spine before (actually I don't remember ever being right).

Nepharski
Hughes is pretty much assured a space. Envy would have made more sense for Vol. 14 but got shafted their, and Kimbley is still sort of just a "There" villain. Hughes will probably make the cut.

Still not sure why the people in Envy's philosopher's stone didn't get their own spine. That's pretty much all they've got going for them. Ah, well.
pawnedbyme
i seriously wish VIZ could translate a tad bit faster i mean japan is os ahead.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(pawnedbyme @ Nov 19 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]475699[/snapback]

If that happens, then we have to wait 6 months per volume AND for Japan to make them. We're reaching the danger zone already as we've reached volume 10.
Meitantei Conan
that is AWSOME! I only though its going to be 13 but i guess i'm dead wrong! blink.gif
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 19 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]475703[/snapback]
QUOTE(pawnedbyme @ Nov 19 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]475699[/snapback]

If that happens, then we have to wait 6 months per volume AND for Japan to make them. We're reaching the danger zone already as we've reached volume 10.

and In Jan 6 2007 theres going to be vol.11 for Viz media
Kirara
It's official Kimbley is on the spine of Volume 15. This is the first time I guessed right but a lot of people guessed this so I shouldn't feel special. smile.gif

Edit: And there is a lot of really fun omake in this volume laugh.gif
Nepharski
A villain? On the spine?

Lies.

Let's see the spine, then.
Kirara
So quick not to believe me laugh.gif

It's posted on the hagaren manga LJ community here http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/146083.html

It's a locked post but I know you are a member now. smile.gif

Nepharski
Woah! Looks like Vol. 15 is going to be sufficiently awesome. I await its State-side release.
Meitantei Conan
well it coming out tomorrow in japan right?
Tombow
QUOTE(Kirara @ Nov 21 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]476569[/snapback]
It's official Kimbley is on the spine of Volume 15. ...
Edit: And there is a lot of really fun omake in this volume laugh.gif
Men, this is awsome!! I'm so excited about Kimbley making the spine!!
Sure he is a villain, but he is so cool and unique I'm not surprised that he made it on the spine of vol. 15!! smile.gif
NeoKakashi
Is there a special edition version of this volume?
Nekokitty
To: NeoKakashi, Nope no special volume this time....that's kinda good for cause this time I won't feel like I'm missing out....
Sannom
I have a question : will someone be able to tell us if chapter 59 has been corrected in the volume? Because the mistakes were numerous in this one...
Sensenic
QUOTE(Sannom @ Nov 24 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]477389[/snapback]
I have a question : will someone be able to tell us if chapter 59 has been corrected in the volume? Because the mistakes were numerous in this one...

Ah, yes! That's true. Will ask at livejournal right away.
Kirara
QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Nov 22 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]476886[/snapback]
Is there a special edition version of this volume?

No special edition this time around

Edit: Just realized Ling Chan beat me to it
Sensenic
Wow. Just.... Wow.

In reply to Sannom:
Remember what the original mistakes were? Link to the first post were they were pointed out. Read onwards.

First, this came up:
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 12 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]394166[/snapback]
^^Huh... that's really strange. The official timeline says that the Slicer brothers were sentenced to death four years before the outbreak of the massacre. Unless this is only a year prior to the current events, four years after the beginning of the massacre, there's a definite chronological screwup there. Marcoh and the Slicer brothers should never have even been in central at the same time...

(Note: Where he said Marcoh, he means Barry. I guess happy.gifU)

And then this:
QUOTE(Reika @ May 13 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]394500[/snapback]
Talking about this, and I hate to say this, but... did you notice it? There are some racord mistakes... for some reason she was really rushed to draw this one. And I hope she didn't make the mistake you are saying. Maybe she's doing another one-shot and that's why she didn't have enough time to draw this chapter <-- that's why I hate when someone starts doing another thing besides the main manga.

Page 20: Roy has his right hand with a normal glove
Page 21: That glove is suddenly an alchemical glove.
(we see, in the next cells, he has the left hand with a normal glove)

Somehow, I have the feeling she got mistaken with the other hand, and she was trying to show us that he only has one alchemical glove by that time. Anyways, there's another thing that still bothers me.

Page 20: the old alchemist, he's supposed to be the one that has both of his hands full of alchemical words, but this time,it's like she tried to show us he doesn't have them on his hands. But then.. why does he have them on chap 58, which is supposed to be before this one?

*sigh* if these were really "mistakes" (I hope not), we'll probably won't see them on the volume itself, but.-... T^T please, Arakawa, concentrate on your manga first T^T!!!

I used to think/hope these last inking mistakes would be fixed on the tankoubon.

So much for the timeline contradiction. \( u_u)/

Well then, so now Volume 15 has come out. Sannom asks (and me too) "did they fix the mistakes?"

Well, this is hamsterfactor's reply.

I'm left speechless.

Once again, Arakawa sensei ROCKZZZZ!!! m(__)m
Tombow
About corrected mistakes...
Wow.. just wow.. indeed!!
That's soo good to know!!
Thanks for posing that!!
My great respect toward Arakawa-sensei has been restored!! biggrin.gif
Nepharski
I had always wondered how she'd manage around Barry and Slicer's apparant ability to time travel. Looks good.
ElvishVamp
OMG! That is awesome!

Though I must admit, I never really noticed. I'm such an idiot. T_T
Wyrd_Raven
Nice that Arakawa changed those... now watch as when volume 15 comes out people will complain this is all Viz's doing XD.... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.