Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handle Stress: How To
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Bakka
i handle stress by well

when someone is realy stressing me out i just: leave the room then start throwing my energy into punches in the air, i do kiks sometimes. then when im breathing hard i feel better laugh.gif

(good way or bad way?)
Migchao
I have a feeling that this is going to be closed for some strange reason...

I can't handle stress at all.
.:Edward's Hunter:.
QUOTE(Migchao @ Oct 10 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]458061[/snapback]

Well, this person's stuff usually does get closed.

But if it doesn't, I can't handle stress at all, someone or something stressing me ends up being torn apart. I'm not good with situations.
Popogeejo
Punching bag and a baseball bat.

If not then Vicadin is supposed too be quite pleasing.
DarkHaze
When I'm stressed I just let it out by crying.
Bakka
QUOTE(.:Edward's Hunter:. @ Oct 10 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]458063[/snapback]

But if it doesn't, I can't handle stress at all, someone or something stressing me ends up being torn apart. I'm not good with situations.

lol guess im doing something wrong hehr smile.gif

in any case my martial arts teacher says i should just sit down and breath but it doesent work for me
ἀρχή
I handle stress by plotting to psychologically torment colleagues via perspicatious appeal to inconsistancies in their actions laugh.gif

Yes, it's very passive aggressive, but that's modern life for you tongue.gif
Demon x
QUOTE(lone @ Oct 10 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]458069[/snapback]

in any case my martial arts teacher says i should just sit down and breath but it doesent work for me

you have a martial art teacher...cool so you can defend you self from demons right hmmm this may be dififcult!!!

there are more than one kind of stress well i'll take the one your all taiking about look down and seem uncomfrotable still how about any one telling me what kind your all taiking about?
Bakka
QUOTE(demon x @ Oct 12 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]458940[/snapback]

QUOTE(lone @ Oct 10 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]458069[/snapback]

you have a martial art teacher...cool so you can defend you self from demons right hmmm this may be dififcult!!!

and that stressed me out to a great deal)

there are more than one kind of stress well i'll take the one your all taiking about look down and seem uncomfrotable still how about any one telling me what kind your all taiking about?

pretty sure everyone is talkin about common stress, like someone pissing you off or um...to much work or even difficulty in what ever it is your doing(one time i was kept being told my work was not good enough and that realy stressed me out
Demon x
ok if someone is pissing off and it is extreme...DEMON FORM
and if it is the other things well nothing i mean just get uncomfrotable ofcource and go for it there's no other way right
Bakka
QUOTE(demon x @ Oct 12 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]458953[/snapback]

ok if someone is pissing off and it is extreme...DEMON FORM
and if it is the other things well nothing i mean just get uncomfrotable ofcource and go for it there's no other way right

i can saftly asume you crazy right? huh.gif
Demon x
but why? i mean if there's too much work i'll just do it with some whining with my self alone and if theres difficulty i'll just eventually do it well ofcoarse there's whinig but the result is the same right or i mistook the kind?
asunder
i handle stress by getting through whatever i have to do and then sleep to relax/unwind.
Chiyo
Alcohol....helps, when its a stupid idea to have that I eat chocolate and talk to mother.
Bakka
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]459160[/snapback]

Alcohol....helps, when its a stupid idea to have that I eat chocolate and talk to mother.

LMAO "talk to mother" and "alcohol...helps" do nto seem to go together blink.gif you must be strange person if it were true huh.gif
Chiyo
Strange because I'm old enough to drink but get along with mummy? I meant IF its not alcohol its mummy, but being at Uni she's only on the phone at the moment.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(lone @ Oct 13 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]459238[/snapback]

LMAO "talk to mother" and "alcohol...helps" do nto seem to go together blink.gif you must be strange person if it were true huh.gif

Alcohol is very relaxing at times of stress.

DAMNIT! Chiyo beat me again. mad.gif
Bakka
hmmm but scientists say that using alchohal to combat stress trains your body to give off less stress fighting hormons (or however its spelled) in any case i dont like most alchoholic drinks......sweet cherry white whine is my fav ^^
Le Monkey
QUOTE(lone @ Oct 13 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]459238[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]459160[/snapback]

This is strange how?
As Popo said, Alcohol is very relaxing.
And having a good relationship with your Mother dosnt make you strange.
Personaly if im "Stressed" I will go watch some violent or fluffy anime depending on whats causing the problem. Either that or go talk with my mum as talking really helps most situations and I have always been able to get on well with my mum.
Chiyo
Plenty of my hormones are controlled by pills anyway. Doctors also believe a drink of wine a day is good for you, so it can go either way really. Better then when I used to throw things.

Quite a change Kit dear, fluffy or violent.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]459258[/snapback]

Quite a change Kit dear, fluffy or violent.

hehe, yeah..
Well depending on whats causing the problem,
someone I can want to hurt or a thing = Violent
someone I dont/cant hate, or just feeling depressed in general = Fluffy

Cant beat a good fluffy anime to cheer you up, biggrin.gif
And Violent Anime is definately a cure for hating someone.. with less interaction from the police, '^^
Packy
When I get stressed out, I just start up one of my Resident Evil games and vent out my rage on the zombies. Serves some of 'em right too for killing random people blink.gif Though when i'm not in the RE mood, I just watch comedy movies or horror ones.
Ice Blizzard
When im stressed, i lay down on my bed and turn the TV on smile.gif
Female Flame Alchemist
1. Take a deep breath.
2. Grab a candle.
3. Light the candle.
4. ( no it is not meditat, that is something my bff would do though)
a. Admire the pritty flames

5. Repet if desired.
miracle_flame_alchemist147
I handle stress very well...

1. go to somewhere where there isn't anyone around
2. check to amke sure if coast is clear
3. vent out your stress ( i.e. yelling, screaming, kicking, punching, jumping, etc. )

if everywhere there's people:

1. sit down
2. vent out stress in mind
Starrieidgirl
I agree with a number of you about calling someone or using physical action to vent stress.

Some other options:
- Take a warm/hot bath, w/ lots of smelly stuff! Candles, bubble bath, salts, etc.

- Journal! Write it out. I'm the type of person who will over-think the situation and if I intend to have a good night's sleep, I write it out. Out of sight, out of mind.

- Clean. Under pressure or stress I have an urge to clean or organize and it helps, until the moment passes and I have a halfway organized room.

- Create. Draw, bake, sew, whatever, turn the negative to a positive.

- Breathe. I know, I know, I'm guilty to of forgetting this very important task. Deep breathing helps and finding places in your day to breathe deeply is important.

Lastly...

- Nourish. The body and mind. Books, food, drink...invite friends over for a movie and laugh your butt off. Laughing will reduce your stress a hundred fold, even when you really may not want to, just remember, laughter is the best medicine.

That's all I have, I'm sure there are other recommendations out there.

Hugs,
Starrie :*
patkk the dictator/ninja/fish
complaining helps alot
then theres hitting a basket of serves
and if all else fails fix the problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.