Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meteor Garden
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
beyondredemption
Has anyone seen Meteor Garden? It's a chinese soap opera type show based on the manga Boys over Flowers. I don't know if it has a different title in Chinese, but I saw this show when a friend ordered it online in English subscripts. It's a cute story that is heavily familiar if you have read the manga, and I looved it biggrin.gif ! It doesn't run in America, though, so you have to order the set from somewhere.
saponin
saw it, it premiered here in the philippines a few years ago and everyone went crazy. seriously, it was quite popular. ^^; i loved it at first, then it became less of a comedy and more soap-opera-ish. tongue.gif
Quistis88
I have qualms about Meteor Garden . . .

It was way too overrated when it aired in any part of China/Hong Kong. I watched the first few episodes, and just could not stand it. Something about it irked me. I don't even remember what happens, and I'm pretty sure it's all repressed. Excuse me for saying the F-word, but I found the show way too FOB-by for my tastes. mellow.gif
asunder
wasn't F4 somehow related to that show?

i've always wanted to watch hana yori dango....but My Sassy Girl is the next 'romantic' film/series on my list.
beyondredemption
F4 was the four hot rich guys who tormented Shan Tsai, the heroine. They also have a band together, but I don't really keep up with thier music careers, though they are really hot.

Quistis, why don't you like Meteor Garden? What are these "qualms" you speak of? sad.gif It's great!
asunder
The F4 group consisted of guys who looked like girls...painfully so.

beyondredemption
Trust me, compared to some J-pop and J-rock bands, they are rather masculine. Like one time a friend who listens to a top of Duran Gray and other rock bands showed me this magazine so that I could cut her hair in this cute, edgy style, and the guy who's hair she wanted looked more like a girl than I do. (Can't remember the band ). Pretty cool hair though.
Mrs. Edward Elric
: O!! I'm going to watch Meteor Garden soon!
It's on my "drama to watch" list after It Started With a Kiss, and Mars : ]
I know I'm totally late on watching it but supposedly, it IS a really popular/good drama. And if you guys want suggestions, try DEVIL BESIDE YOU. It's awesome too.

hm...I should make a thread for asian dramas...
DantElric
It was quite popular here in the Philippines about three years ago. I watched the first few episodes, I mean, when it was still comedy. I stopped when it became focused on tangled lovelives and drama.
Quistis88
QUOTE(beyondredemption @ Oct 12 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]459009[/snapback]
Quistis, why don't you like Meteor Garden? What are these "qualms" you speak of? sad.gif It's great!
QUOTE(asunder @ Oct 12 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]459038[/snapback]
The F4 group consisted of guys who looked like girls...painfully so.
^ That's one of the reasons. As well, the school that they go to is filled with so many materialistic snobs, I can't stand watching it without rolling my eyes. A single episode is detrimental to my eyes due to this. I was unfortunate enough to catch an episode playing at the Chinese restaurant I was at last night, where these 2 characters were comparing Prada with Burberry, and then one of them wins because she got a nose job.

Sickeningly realistic. I'd rather not expose myself to it. As long as I know this stuff actually can happen in some places, in some lives, I don't think I need to watch it. mellow.gif
beyondredemption
I remember that episode, and I basically just felt amusement at the way it makes rich kids seem pathetic and shallow, but still, I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.