Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Makes Us Poorer?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2
000_neji
The title says it all..This is another topic to be debated but If this thread has the same to other topic in the debate district,then fine with me if they will close it...I just wanna know what are your opinions about this issue... This is mostly dicussed nowadays...
I choose the government...They have the power. This topic includes why people in other countries start riots and rallies just because they are poor and the government doesn't even do a thing...
JoshP1389
That's just how life swings old chap...

:3
asunder
quit complaining and get some education so you can get a decent paying job.
Chiyo
Is this thread asking why doesn't the government bother to do anything when riots break out? I'm a teeny bit confused

(asunder dear, hello)
asunder
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 11 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]458331[/snapback]

Is this thread asking why doesn't the government bother to do anything when riots break out? I'm a teeny bit confused

(asunder dear, hello)

heya chiyo~

oh i'll also add other things that make us poor:

taxes
insurance
healthcare
inflation
rent
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 11 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]458331[/snapback]

(asunder dear, hello)
@Chiyo - Yeah, I'm confused about that as well.
Unfortunately, the author of the thread, 000_neji just went into three weeks of vacation, so I guess we just assume whatever we think this thread is asking, and go on.. smile.gif

Oh, and *waving "hi" to asunder* biggrin.gif
Where have you been!!??
miracle_flame_alchemist147
because the phil. goverment is full of corrupt officials that like to steal the money of innocent, law-abing citizens in forms of taxes and such that they say they're going to use it to improe the country but they're actually going to use it to buy some more stuff for themselves.
JoshP1389
Green Day much?
what's green day?
phoenix dying
QUOTE(asunder @ Oct 11 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]458631[/snapback]

oh i'll also add other things that make us poor:

taxes
insurance
healthcare
inflation
rent

I'd like to add college tuition to that list dry.gif

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:04 AM) [snapback]458766[/snapback]

Green Day much?

Why the hell are you talking about green day?
Tombow
I think a large part of it is just plain luck. unsure.gif
JoshP1389
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Oct 12 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]458846[/snapback]

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:04 AM) [snapback]458766[/snapback]

Green Day much?

Why the hell are you talking about green day?

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new mania.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindfuck America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
Well that's enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information nation of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America.

IPB Image
Chiyo
Wow I feel so emo, I'm going to go bash Bush and wear more eyeliner.
JoshP1389
That's the spirit.

X3
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]459167[/snapback]
Gahaha!! @Chiyo - I think you'll fit in the U.S. nicely!! laugh.gif
(Too bad you live across the pond!! XDD)
Le Monkey
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Oct 12 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]458740[/snapback]

because the phil. goverment is full of corrupt officials that like to steal the money of innocent, law-abing citizens in forms of taxes and such that they say they're going to use it to improe the country but they're actually going to use it to buy some more stuff for themselves.

Ah a cinic, I love it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]459284[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]459167[/snapback]

Lol, thats pretty much teh same opinion as me, but with less of the emo-ness. ><
And dont try to steal her to the US, would make it allot more expensive to visit! ohmy.gif
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Oct 12 2006, 09:43 AM) *

Ah a sinic, I love it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2006, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 13 2006, 04:54 AM) *

Lol, thats pretty much teh same opinion as me, but with less of the emo-ness. ><
And dont try to steal her to the US, would make it allot more expensive to visit! ohmy.gif

what's a sinic?
asunder
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Oct 14 2006, 11:00 PM) [snapback]459960[/snapback]

what's a sinic?

a cynic.
a cynic.

what's that?

oh and yeah, asunder I apologize if whatever I wrote in the other topics offended you. I'm really sorry....
Tombow
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Oct 14 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]459965[/snapback]
a cynic.
what's that?
@miracle_flame_alchemist147 - Cynic is like, someone who habitually takes negative view of things, I think. unsure.gif

QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 14 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]459837[/snapback]
@Chiyo - I think you'll fit in the U.S. nicely!! laugh.gif
....dont try to steal her to the US, would make it allot more expensive to visit! ohmy.gif
@Le Momkey - Oh, we'd love to have you here, too, if you like?? biggrin.gif

Joking aside, I think we are talking several different things here...

Are we talking about "what determins each individual's wealth level"?? or..
Are we discussing "what makes some nation (and/or it's citizens) rich/poor??" or...
Are we talking about "the government corruption" in general?? unsure.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Oct 15 2006, 04:09 AM) [snapback]459965[/snapback]

a cynic.

what's that?

Someone who expects the worse from people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 15 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]460054[/snapback]

QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 14 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]459837[/snapback]
@Chiyo - I think you'll fit in the U.S. nicely!! laugh.gif
....dont try to steal her to the US, would make it allot more expensive to visit! ohmy.gif
@Le Momkey - Oh, we'd love to have you here, too, if you like?? biggrin.gif

Possibly.. XD
Anyone want to let me stay with them? Me having not enough money to buy a place, and also not having a green card to be able to work and get the money. ><

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 15 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]460054[/snapback]

Joking aside, I think we are talking several different things here...

Are we talking about "what determins each individual's wealth level"?? or..
Are we discussing "what makes some nation (and/or it's citizens) rich/poor??" or...
Are we talking about "the government corruption" in general?? unsure.gif

Im not shure, I would take it that it would be the first one as a guess..

@Asu: Yeah, I cant spell. ><
@Popo: thanks, Saved me the bother, biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
Plainly the answer is fat people eating wallets.
It makes sense unlesyou belive (in the case of the UK*) it's to much borrowing from banks with out paying back, goverment mismanagment of several important businesses and services (ie: British rail, NHS, Royal Mail) general increased public spending, silly Offical projects like the Dome and the Welsh National Esemably building (Atleast I think thats the grossly over budget building in Cardiff) and a general lack of understanding of Economics on behalf of the public.
Thats abit far fetched though. Fat people eatng wallets = perfct logic.

*The title is "What makes us poorer?" not "What makes us poor?" so the US and UK are also up for discussion.
Tombow
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 15 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]460099[/snapback]
Me having not enough money to buy a place, and also not having a green card to be able to work and get the money. ><
No problem!! We have many private agencies that specialize in finding jobs for people without "document." ph34r.gif

QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 15 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]460100[/snapback]
*The title is "What makes us poorer?" not "What makes us poor?" so the US and UK are also up for discussion.
Good point!! I feel so included!! biggrin.gif
It makes sense unlesyou belive (in the case of the UK*) it's to much borrowing from banks with out paying back, goverment mismanagment of several important businesses and services (ie: British rail, NHS, Royal Mail) general increased public spending, silly Offical projects like the Dome and the Welsh National Esemably building (Atleast I think thats the grossly over budget building in Cardiff) and a general lack of understanding of Economics on behalf of the public.
Ha, we can say the almost same for the U.S., except, in the U.S., one of the major reasons people go bankrupt is getting sick. Yes, getting major illness, then the medical expenses mount, even if they had some sort of insurance coverage, it doesn't pay all, and most will soon go over the coverage limit as well, then they have no way to pay, but the treatment for the illness is still needed, or the person will die in many cases, so they continue treatment, and when they get burried by the bills from doctors and hospitals they go bankrupt.
Hear the simlar story over and over here. Sad state of the States, indeed...

But, yap, the simplest answer is fat people eating wallets. That's it!! That's the cardinal truth!! tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 15 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]460133[/snapback]

QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 15 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]460099[/snapback]
Me having not enough money to buy a place, and also not having a green card to be able to work and get the money. ><
No problem!! We have many private agencies that specialize in finding jobs for people without "document." ph34r.gif

Sounds good!
*Goes to find a house*
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 15 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]460133[/snapback]

Good point!! I feel so included!! biggrin.gif
Ha, we can say the almost same for the U.S., except, in the U.S., one of the major reasons people go bankrupt is getting sick. Yes, getting major illness, then the medical expenses mount, even if they had some sort of insurance coverage, it doesn't pay all, and most will soon go over the coverage limit as well, then they have no way to pay, but the treatment for the illness is still needed, or the person will die in many cases, so they continue treatment, and when they get burried by the bills from doctors and hospitals they go bankrupt.
Hear the simlar story over and over here. Sad state of the States, indeed...

NHS FTW!
And thats all I have to say on the matter, biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
The NHS is good, it's just nowhere near as good as it could be.
Le Monkey
No it could be allot better, but atleast if we get run over. we dont have a bill the size of the 3rd worlds debt...
I know if I had to pay for all the stuff I have done to myself I would have no money till I was about 90 odd. Oo
Tombow
^^ NHS is good. You guys have it. Hold on to it with your dear life!! biggrin.gif
If U.S. is supposed to be such a great country, why don't we even have a basic NHS??
That's a huge disgrace, if I may say so... sad.gif
thanks for telling me what cyinic means!! happy.gif
beyondredemption

Republicans. Namely, George Bush. That is the answer to why the majority of America's wealth belongs to, like, five people.
Popogeejo
It's 5% not 5 people, unless there are only 100 Americans.
Also, George Bush Jr is not a solo act. It takes abit more than him to do anything in the US.
beyondredemption
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him.
Popogeejo
No one said you did huh.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(beyondredemption @ Oct 16 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]460711[/snapback]

Maybe, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him.

Not many people do like him as far as I see.. Oo

Unless you count all the dead people who voted for him.. a few times...

Heck, im a cynic! biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Oct 16 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]460824[/snapback]
Yet, he was elected twice as the president of our country...
So, what does that tell us?? unsure.gif
Chiyo
Eh, Blair is still in power...but thats mainly thanks to the lower classes who get money off him but do sweet F A toward getting an actualy job. What do they care about war when they get plenty of dosh?

And yes the NHS is a wonderful thing to have, but its failing and people are turning private anyway.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 17 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]460993[/snapback]

That my cinicism about dead people voting for him is correct, or the people who dont voise thier opinions about liking him all get BIG pay-offs in the form of things like "Job seekers" and "Im stupid so give me money"?

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 17 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]461008[/snapback]

Eh, Blair is still in power...but thats mainly thanks to the lower classes who get money off him but do sweet F A toward getting an actualy job. What do they care about war when they get plenty of dosh?

heh, well now he has said he will be gone in a year. Then hopefully we can cut of the free money to the lazy chavs who want too sit and do sweet f*ck all and get paid to do it and also get paid to have children at 13-14 as it supports the family withthe extra income. ><.
000_neji
I thought my topic was going to be deleted...well,keep going on with your discussion guys...
Le Monkey
QUOTE(000_neji @ Nov 10 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]471923[/snapback]
I thought my topic was going to be deleted...well,keep going on with your discussion guys...

Who said it was going to be deleted?
And thanks for such a wonderfull input there! biggrin.gif
Who said it was going to be deleted?
And thanks for such a wonderfull input there!

yeah why would it be deleted?!! it's a great topic! it allows me to rant on how much corrupt our goverment really is!!! (philippine govt.)
MonsterEnvy
Really, I've always felt, and probably always will feel, that the reason that people grow poorer is because of taxes. Ironically, though, they don't pay enough. In an average economy, a tax increase benefits the bottom 85-90 percent of people far, far more then it hurts them. It's just that most of the time these people are too uneducated to realize that when the government takes taxes from them, it gives it back tenfold (assuming said government doesn't have the military budget of the next ten highest countries combined and is off destroying another's economy while it's own goes to pot *cough, cough*) Rant aside, a responsible government should always help people via health care, school systems, and hundreds of other subsidized public services that your average Joe would be paying a pretty penny for otherwise. Our taxes are a fee for 12 years of education, thousands of government employees, and peace and order in a nation. When taxes increase, the poor pay a few dollars, but the rich pay millions of times more. Therefore, it's tax cut after tax cut that kills an already struggling country, not the other way around.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Nov 14 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]473259[/snapback]
(assuming said government doesn't have the military budget of the next ten highest countries combined and is off destroying another's economy while it's own goes to pot *cough, cough*)

laugh.gif
Colette
QUOTE(beyondredemption @ Oct 16 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]460688[/snapback]
Republicans. Namely, George Bush. That is the answer to why the majority of America's wealth belongs to, like, five people.

Maybe it's because I'm more conservative than liberal, but I consider it worse to have everyone lower middle class than have rich and poor O.o
phoenix dying
So your a compassionate conservative? Doesn't that sound like a Volvo with a gun rack. (robin william's joke)
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 16 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]460993[/snapback]

coughthepollsareriggedcough* unsure.gif

Taxes totally kill you...I mean, I think the taxes get higher the longer bush is in office. It used to be that they took a little bit out of my paycheck...now its getting dangerously near going 50/50 with the government mad.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 15 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]473610[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 16 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]460993[/snapback]

coughthepollsareriggedcough* unsure.gif

Dead people voted for him, atleast twice!

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 15 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]473610[/snapback]
Taxes totally kill you...I mean, I think the taxes get higher the longer bush is in office. It used to be that they took a little bit out of my paycheck...now its getting dangerously near going 50/50 with the government mad.gif

Although if you look at it MonsterEvny has a point as far as I can see.
000_neji
Taxes,yeah right...people makes people poor...
Le Monkey
QUOTE(000_neji @ Nov 21 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]476312[/snapback]
Taxes,yeah right...people makes people poor...

People make people poor...
How dose this make any sence?

What makes people poor is likely ones of a few things,
Being born into it and having no oportunity at a good job, eg. Children in africa
Debt, Spending more than you can afford..
Actually taxes aren't waht makes poor people poor its just like what Le Monkey had said

What makes people poor is likely ones of a few things,
Being born into it and having no oportunity at a good job, eg. Children in africa
Debt, Spending more than you can afford..

and also corrupt goverments!!! '_'
000_neji
People make people poor...
How dose this make any sense?

You're right,i was just gonna post it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.