Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 64 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nepharski
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 64 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 8.

===================

~ Chapter 64, Pride Watch: Day 1038 ~

Democracy at a 520 Cenz discount? That's a steal!

As GreedLing ponders the merits of single flesh-colored glove, Trinity...I mean, Ran Fan seeks medical attention. While Knox has a pep talk with God, Kimbley, tired of being just a plot device for 50 chapters and running, begins his new life as a trick watchmaker with some assassinations on the side (Cover the bills, you know). Elsewhere, Roy meets with a very-much-Gummerman-and-not-very-much-Pride-whatsoever-nope-no-Pride-here in a dress; Immortal armies, religion 101, and Raven's inherantly creepy smile will never be the same. Finally, Edward and Armstrong meet in a library (also mysteriously not Pride ), deciding to head for the northern boarder, guarded by Sir Not Appearing In This Manga for generations.

Yeah, I probably overdid that.

So discuss!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Aug. 21, 2011>
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 3 2006, 07:35 AM) [snapback]454470[/snapback]

So discuss!

Here's a question: How long does it take you to come up with all that? XDD
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 2 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]454482[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 3 2006, 07:35 AM) [snapback]454470[/snapback]

So discuss!

Here's a question: How long does it take you to come up with all that? XDD

It's all stream of counciousness.
CSakuraS
LMAO. XD
Sensenic
Sorry for the offtopic, but I just saw it and I must say it (and not that there's much "topic" to go off from here for now, anyway... sleep.gif):

@Neph: I openly declare my love for Tim Schaffer too! Specially DOTT and Grim Fandango... are so "almost-offensively" good... m(__)m
Well, you can see in my sig too happy.gifU

Haven't played Psychonauts, tho'...

And I'll end it here.

Not that I have much to say about ch.64 except that I'm paciently waiting for it happy.gifU
Colette
xDDDDD

I say Nepharski should be in charge of all new chapter threads.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 3 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]454614[/snapback]
@Neph: I openly declare my love for Tim Schaffer too! Specially DOTT and Grim Fandango... are so "almost-offensively" good... m(__)m
Well, you can see in my sig too happy.gifU

Haven't played Psychonauts, tho'...

Full Throttle and PsychoNauts for me, a little dash of Monkey's Island here and there. I've been thinking of finding Grim Fandango on Amazon.com, so that'll hopefully be another excellent installment.

QUOTE(Summoner Colette)
xDDDDD

Give the people what they want. If you guys want it, I'll do it.
Chiyo
Well we will probably be getting plenty introduction to the 'new crowd' we spy at the end. Although it is carrying on its almsot starting a new tale so scenes will be set more and such. Otherwise, no idea.
Tombow
^^ I agree with Chiyo.. I'm looking forward to finding more about the General Alex!!

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 3 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]454651[/snapback]
QUOTE(Summoner Colette)
Give the people what they want. If you guys want it, I'll do it.
That will be nice!! biggrin.gif
Kasumi_lvgd
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 2 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]454470[/snapback]

Trinity...I mean, Ran Fan

LOL!

I thought the same thing xDDD

That coat really kicks ass cool.gif
Antimony
I vote for Nepharski!

In the new chapters ahead; I wonder if we'll get to see what Drachma is like. I'm curious about these other countries outside of Amestris. Besides Drachma, the only one that hasn't been spoken of yet is Aerugo in the south, and I'd bet good money that we're going to hear about it soon. Could these nations be helpful to the cause against Father? Are they already allied with him? Do they have their own forms of alchemy?

Maybe I should wait for answers to the old questions before I start thinking of new ones. rolleyes.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 4 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]455140[/snapback]
...In the new chapters ahead; I wonder if we'll get to see what Drachma is like. I'm curious about these other countries outside of Amestris. Besides Drachma, the only one that hasn't been spoken of yet is Aerugo in the south, and I'd bet good money that we're going to hear about it soon. Could these nations be helpful to the cause against Father? Are they already allied with him? Do they have their own forms of alchemy?

Maybe I should wait for answers to the old questions before I start thinking of new ones. rolleyes.gif
@Antimony - Those are intriguing questions!! I'm also curious about Drachma, and welcome the chance to see what it's like in chapter 64!! biggrin.gif
Kasumi_lvgd
About Grumman's mention of Lior...do you think it will take some importance from now?

Aerugo, good point! I can imagine Aerugo allied with Father (I don't know, but that short scene of the Ishval arc...)
But Drachma, I don't think so. Drachma isn't in good terms with Amestris...I bet that if Edward says something about Bradley there, the people of Drachma would be glad to help...
ElvishVamp
I haven't been on in a while, what with college and all that, so I apoligize in advancce if I repeat something said in the previous thread.

First of all, love the intro, Nepharski! happy.gif

Second, wasn't Aerugo the country near Ishval that was selling them weapons? Or am I just getting my facts mixed up again?
Tombow
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Oct 5 2006, 11:51 PM) [snapback]455554[/snapback]
Second, wasn't Aerugo the country near Ishval that was selling them weapons?
@ElvishVamp - Nice to see you again!! Yes, I agree about Nepharski's intro!!
And, second, yap, I think they did. Or, they might have "given" arms to Ishval. (Says Aerugo was Ishval's "Patron," in chapter 58, page 30.) smile.gif
Oh, BTW, the same page has this map also:
[attachmentid=7272]
(It says: Aerugo's plan was/is to incite Ishval to cause trouble, and tire Ameristris. smile.gif)
Nepharski
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Oct 5 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]455554[/snapback]
First of all, love the intro, Nepharski! happy.gif

Thanks to you and everyone who enjoyed it. I can only hope I'm around to continue writing them.

I'm not certain what I'm looking forward to, as it seems this new story arc has only just started rolling along, and with no cliffhangers or immediate responses, I can't call it at this point. Seems more like Hiromu is setting the stage than throwing us into the next plot point. I'm not complaining, mind you, but it does make it harder to predict exactlt what might happen next.
Tombow
It is actually rather exciting!! It's a whole new turn in the storyline... so many things are unknown, and I feel like in the theater, wating for the curtains to go up, and be taken for the whole new ride, a whole new set of adventures, discoveries, and perils, and all that!!

Next week, next week... can't wait!! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
It is such a new stage isn't it? Characters we haven't seen for a while could put in an appearence finally...we could hear stories of drastic things that have happened to Hoho and such.
Antimony
Oh, I forgot about Creta! I don't think there's been any mention of it anywhere yet. Do we know what their relationship is to Amestris?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 6 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]455770[/snapback]

Oh, I forgot about Creta! I don't think there's been any mention of it anywhere yet. Do we know what their relationship is to Amestris?

Non-stop borderline skirmishes.
AA battery
I shall place my 1000th post here................

and goes back to my "just sit and wait for the release instead of making assumptions" seat.
Colette
I say we forget all about the North and have an entirely Greed related chapter.

...I can dream D:
GS4Life
Well the next thing I'm about to say has to do with Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong, will"

That being said I could be paranoid, but I think RanFan will try to get automail in the town Kimbley is about to destroy, ya know that one with where Marcoah was and what not. The possibility does exist. I mainl think this because it seems so unlikely that Kimbley would just walk over there, destroy the town, and that's it end of story. I'm betting there will be somehing more to it. Which brings me to Murphy's law so we can have another RanFan potentially dying moment. Fu is strong enough to defeat Kimbley right? Right?! Like I said I'm probably paranoid, but I can't see Arakawa having that town be destroyed and then simply move on, there has gotta be more too it.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Oct 7 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]456345[/snapback]

...I can dream D:

Bradley: So Greed, what mischief have you been up to with this fool (Ling)?
Greed: Funny story, actually.
*40 pages later.*
Bradley: So I see...
*Meanwhile.*
Alphonse: Gee, Ed, what an uneventful trip for once.
Edward: Yeah, I know.
Pride: That would make three of us.
*Cliffhanger!*
Kirara
*40 pages later.*
*Meanwhile.*
*Cliffhanger!*

Woah I just knew Pride would show up at the least least likely time. BEST chapter ever. laugh.gif

Colette
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 7 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]456665[/snapback]

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Oct 7 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]456345[/snapback]

...I can dream D:

*40 pages later.*
*Meanwhile.*
*Cliffhanger!*

I like it : D
CowAlchemist
The only thing I have thought of that seems probable is this:

When Ed and Al find Mei, I picture...
(Beautifully summed up xD)

Al: MEI!
Ed: YOU! -evil-
Mei: AL! -love-
Ed: Teach us your alchemy, damnnit!
Mei: I'D NEVER TEACH A SHRIMP LIKE YOU!
(they yell different words at eachother that mean "short")
Al: Will you please teach us your alchemy? It's important.
Mei: I'll teach YOU, Al. -fangirly-
Ed: And you won't teach me?
Mei: I teach those who are over 5 and a half feet. Sorry.
Ed: -fumes-
She teaches Al, who would teach Ed.

That's what I think. xD
Colette
QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Oct 8 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]456778[/snapback]

The only thing I have thought of that seems probable is this:

When Ed and Al find Mei, I picture...
(Beautifully summed up xD)

Al: MEI!
Ed: YOU! -evil-
Mei: AL! -love-
Ed: Teach us your alchemy, damnnit!
Mei: I'D NEVER TEACH A SHRIMP LIKE YOU!
(they yell different words at eachother that mean "short")
Al: Will you please teach us your alchemy? It's important.
Mei: I'll teach YOU, Al. -fangirly-
Ed: And you won't teach me?
Mei: I teach those who are over 5 and a half feet. Sorry.
Ed: -fumes-
She teaches Al, who would teach Ed.

That's what I think. xD

That works too : D
Reta McClain
Those both are nice *snicker* but I still don't think you should take over Arakawa-sensei's work. (What? All fans want always to take over mangaka's work!)

When Mei finds out that Al taught Xing-alchemy to Ed...

Mei: I... I thought we were something special *sob*
Al: Oh, Mei...
(very sappy dramascene, which makes you think bubbles, flowers, butterflys etc.)
Mei: I forgive you *hugs Al*
Al: Thank you, I don't know how I can live without you
*Al and Mei riding towards sunshet on the armor-horse and shrimpy looking Ed is left behind*
Ed: Well... *shrug* at least Al is happy
*goes off doing something naughty with Winry*

tongue.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Oct 8 2006, 02:31 AM) [snapback]456360[/snapback]

Well the next thing I'm about to say has to do with Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong, will"

That being said I could be paranoid, but I think RanFan will try to get automail in the town Kimbley is about to destroy, ya know that one with where Marcoah was and what not. The possibility does exist. I mainl think this because it seems so unlikely that Kimbley would just walk over there, destroy the town, and that's it end of story. I'm betting there will be somehing more to it. Which brings me to Murphy's law so we can have another RanFan potentially dying moment. Fu is strong enough to defeat Kimbley right? Right?! Like I said I'm probably paranoid, but I can't see Arakawa having that town be destroyed and then simply move on, there has gotta be more too it.

It could happen... (personally I find it a little farfetched, but one never knows) but not in this next chapter.

I mean, Kimbley's mission is:
1- To find and kill Scar. First things come first. And I don't think that's gonna be solved in less than one chapter (I recognize a potential climax when I see it tongue.gif ).
2- Only after that, IF Marcoh happens to be with Scar, which would mean he disobeyed Envy's "orders" and ran away, only then he has orders to execute the stablished "punishment", i.e. Town-erasing happy.gif

Therefore, it's quite unlikely that this happens any time soon.
Aoko-chan
Haven't been here for nearly a whole month (will need to do catch up reading before the scanlations of 64 releases) and nice thread opening Nepharski biggrin.gif

Finally, I hope, we will get to see our long awaited (i think) Armstrong's elder sister. Judging from her pose, she must be somewhat "Ed-like" I assume. Really like her subordinates though, they remind me of Catherine's tastes.

We would also get to see how Ed moves north (duh, by train, but i would like to see events concerning that). If we are lucky, then a shot or two of Scar's Bro's alchemy book would be wonderful, however I doubt that. Same goes with Ran Fan, Lin, and Fu.

Seeing Drachma border scenery also sounds nice, with the Brix mountains where our dear (not old) Izumi had training.

This is a chapter that I look forward to ( I look forward to every FMA release) but I doubt it will be that action packed, since a "bunch" of new characters have just been introduced.
Tombow
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Oct 9 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]457365[/snapback]
Seeing Drachma border scenery also sounds nice, with the Brix mountains where our dear (not old) Izumi had training.
Wow, this I would really love to see!! smile.gif

Yeah, just the fact that the story is moving onto a new location excite me!!
(I'm easily amused!! laugh.gif)
Kirara
Here you go guys

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wbl9zu

The flamel is back tongue.gif
Colette
*begins downloading* Thanks!

My thoughts:

The first few pages cracked me up.

WOMG, Scar versus Kimbley, their eyes freaked the hell out of me.

Yay Mei : D

Finally, some fighting.

Armstrong's sister creeps me out.

No Greed, as always....
riza hawkeye 9
OMG !!!!

kimbley vs scar !!!!!! cool !!!!

and marcohs face isn't so bad afterall , is it ??? ^^ .. mei chan !!! cute

and ...... armstrong's sister looks soo cool she definitelly creeps me out ^^ ...and well ...

no royai ........ ohmy.gif sad.gif sad.gif ......................................no roy sad.gif ..........no riza ......... sad.gif .........makes me sad !!!

but still a very good chap laugh.gif

can't wait for the translation ^^
Bridgit Kiido
Yey for the new chapter!!

The extent of my knowledge of Japanese is the characters that happen to spell Roy's name, which wasn't even helpful in this chapter because Roy didn't show up (nor did the Xingish peoples), but anyway...

It's great to see Selim again! I don't really know if anyone else cares, but I think it's nice to see Selim for once. Last time we saw him was... I think around... *checks* chapter 45 or so? ^-^ It's good to see him again though. (I think he made a short comment in there, correct? Seeing as Ed got annoyed...)

And I must state that I don't like Kimbley at all. Not since last chapter when he was proven to be in league with Envy, who I dispise highly. So I think it was cute to see him grab who he thought (if I interpreted the images correctly) to be Marcoh when it turned out to be Yoki. So Marcoh was traveling with Mei after all. ...I dunno whether to think poorly of his situation, as he's traveling with the most spoiled princess of all time, or highly of his situation, as at least Kimbley's plans for him were spoiled.

Am I correct in thinking that Mei and Marcoh found Scar's Brother's notebook? That seems like the only logical thing it could be.

And... um... I don't know what to think about the ending. As I don't read Japanese, I have no clue what happened, so I'm baffled as to why that woman (who I assume is Armstrong's sister? I checked - she *does* have the tell-tale curl (well kinda) and eyelashes...) would just tear up Armstrong's letter like that. Unless she's either very nasty or trying to hide all relations to her brother from her comerades. But I can't read Japanese, so I don't know.

*waits patiently for translation*
Animeoldtimer
Marcoh's face isn't that bad. On the other hand Garfiel is pretty scary. laugh.gif

Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif
Antimony
Several things happened in this chapter that I didn't expect at all. 1) the Elrics meet the Fuhrer's family (Selim is so cute!), 2) Mei and Marcoh find the Notebook, and 3)Winry has a cameo! Yay, Winry! But what the heck is Garfiel wearing?? He's acting suspicious ...

That said, I can say that I enjoyed this chapter just from looking at the pictures. The wheels are turning after a long standstill and the pace is fast. English, please!
Wyrd_Raven
Since no one has opened one, we can all talk about the crinkled face Marcoh now has and how creepy Garfel is biggrin.gif
Animeoldtimer
Marcoh's face is better than expected-no Phantom of the Opera here. I suppose Garfiel could try out for that part. rolleyes.gif I am suspicious of Garfiel, but the translation of what he said might change my mind.

It's nice to see Ed and Al meet Bradley's family. Maybe we'll learn something about them.
I liked seeing Kimbley get a fast one pulled on him for a change.
The battle between him and Scar should be good. I'll save the rest of my comments for later.
Tombow
Thank you, Kirara!! *hugs!!*

ETA: I moved my spoiler stuff to the other thread.. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Aha, I can disscuss without spoiler tags now... biggrin.gif

@Bridgit Kiido - Sis Armstrong acknowledges that that's the letter from brother, but tears it up saying she doesn't need to know what others think of Ed and Al. She would assess Ed and Al herself.

Other stuff..
The scene of Ed meeting Selim was interesting. Him saying he adore the "State Alchemist" Ed and wants to help dad Bradley, and such... He's so cute and innocent!! ... ^^

Haha, the one who was with Mei at the East train station was Marcho, after all!! biggrin.gif

Scar vs Kimblee!! I wasn't expecting them to meet so soon! blink.gif

Speaking of soon...
Mei and Marcho found Scar's bro's note!! That was quick!! ohmy.gif

Alex's letter... with a rose on the stationary!! XDD
On the other hand, sis Alex is one tough kitty!! But, hey, she's uber cool!!!
And, she doesn't look like her brother!!!!! Good thing!!! tongue.gif

I'm going back to read it again!! biggrin.gif
Nepharski
I'm thinking Hiromu Arakawa's love for B movies goes deeper than we know. That one brutish mohawk guys has this whole Ash Williams thing going on for him.

The chapter was decent enough, although without the dialouge it seems like too much too quickly. I mean, that was kinda fast for Mei to find the note, Kimbley find Scar (or would that be the other way around?), Ed meeting Salim, locating Armstrong's sister so quickly. Maybe it's just the environment.

No Homunculi, not even Bradley with his family. Something's up.

Feels almost more like a prologue than an actual chapter, really.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 11 2006, 02:22 AM) [snapback]458206[/snapback]
@Nepharsk - Excatlly!! Yes, that is a very apt description of how I feel about this chapter!! sleep.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 11 2006, 06:05 AM) [snapback]458156[/snapback]

Thank you, Kirara!! *hugs!!*

Most certainly!

*Hugs moar* smile.gif
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 11 2006, 06:05 AM) [snapback]458156[/snapback]

ETA: I moved my spoiler stuff to the other thread.. biggrin.gif

BTW, OT but I've been wondering for a while: I've always seen "EDIT" written on this kind of.. uh... post edits happy.gifU so I dunno: what does ETA mean?
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 11 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]458212[/snapback]
BTW, OT but I've been wondering for a while: I've always seen "EDIT" written on this kind of.. uh... post edits happy.gifU so I dunno: what does ETA mean?
@Sensenic - I use ETA as "Eddited to add" biggrin.gif

Looking forward to reading the scanlation!! biggrin.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Oct 11 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]458136[/snapback]

Marcoh's face is better than expected-no Phantom of the Opera here. I suppose Garfiel could try out for that part. rolleyes.gif I am suspicious of Garfiel, but the translation of what he said might change my mind.

He said: "Die" (not imperative, just the infinitive). Putting it into context it would be sth like "That (going north) means..." (previous panel) "he's gonna die." Scaaaary Garfiel happy.gif

But nothing suspicious here. As we can see on the fight VS Bakkania (literally transcribing here, go figure what's his name), the mohawk guy, he's referring to the automail.
3 reasons:
1) The guy who drives them there asks Al if that's Automail. Ed says that no, but he does have it. The guy's answer? "Go quickly. You'll die" (as in, "if you don't get to a warm place soon...")
2) In the fight Ed soon realizes that his arm is in pain and he can't move it as easily as he'd usually.
3) And, finally, when he applies, literally, "automail destruction" (learned directly from Scar. Who could've guessed that Ed would become his main disciple? happy.gifU) to the guy's M-1913 A, "Crocodile" (XDD), it has no effect. This means, his is no regular automail. At all.

So apparently, just like it was really a pain for him to cross the desert with automail (to the point he considered the possibility of traveling to Xing but discarded it for that reason), "cold weather" and "steel limbs" don't mix well together at all. \( u_u)/

I also considered Bakka (gonna call him this way for now tongue.gif) actually being Garfiel's brother or relative, with him knowing that they would meet and, since apparently he likes to "test" people's automail, fight (with Ed's "death" as a consequence), but upon rethinking it, doesn't seem much likely. I guess he was only refering to the automail&cold problem, I guess. happy.gifU
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 11 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]458175[/snapback]

Other stuff..
The scene of Ed meeting Selim was interesting. Him saying he adore the "State Alchemist" Ed and wants to help dad Bradley, and such... He's so cute and innocent!! ... ^^

It was bound to happen. After that scene in which Selim learns about Ed and starts demanding he wants to meet "the tiny alchemist"... it was just settled. XDDD

And I agree with Neph in that Bradley was probably wrong or lying (most probably the former) when saying that Selim is no weakness of his. Guess this scene was there for a future conflict on this respect. Hmmhmm...

Haha, the one who was with Mei at the East train station was Marcho, after all!! biggrin.gif

Come to think of it, it makes sense... After all Scar knows he's being tracked and that if Marcoh was caught with him, the "punishment" would take effect... no?
So I guess he chose to send the "expert alchemists" to get the notes, while he distracts the authorities, maybe even to the point of letting himself be "tracked" (hey, he managed to travel both from Central to East and from East to Central unnoticed, after all.)... He's aware he's being followed when entering the train, that's for certain...

Scar vs Kimblee!! I wasn't expecting them to meet so soon! blink.gif

Speaking of soon...
Mei and Marcho found Scar's bro's note!! That was quick!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 11 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]458206[/snapback]

The chapter was decent enough, although without the dialouge it seems like too much too quickly. I mean, that was kinda fast for Mei to find the note, Kimbley find Scar (or would that be the other way around?), Ed meeting Salim, locating Armstrong's sister so quickly. Maybe it's just the environment.

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 11 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]458207[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 11 2006, 02:22 AM) [snapback]458206[/snapback]
@Nepharsk - Excatlly!! Yes, that is a very apt description of how I feel about this chapter!! sleep.gif

Yes, it was quick indeed. But it still felt like a great chapter to me, I really loved it...

And it kind of made sense... I mean, the chapter, just like they have been since 62, IS a prologue, the introduction to what will most probably be the "North" saga. Just like all those chapters up till 48 were one big-ass climax, this is just being a big prologue, slowly expanding through what will most probably be Volume 16 altogether.

Perhaps what was certainly surprising and unexpected is Scar VS Kimbley and Mei and Marcoh finding the notes so quickly alright.
But on a second thought, it makes sense.
Think of it, remember Kimbley is a very efficient, hard-working guy on his " job" (ugh... sleep.gif), so it's just logical he'd "use" the resources at hand (that'd be, all of the Northern HQ military) effectively and find Scar soon. Specially if he's letting himself be tracked down, as I said before.

Also, we have to note there has been a time skip here, the time for Ed and Al to reach, not only North, but the northest point of the country, the very border with Drachma (with an "uneventful trip for once", indeed, Neph wink.gif )... this gives (untracked) Mei and Marcoh the time to not only travel North (as they parted earlier), also uneventfully, but to follow Scar's maps to the "X marks the spot" point indeed. And also, this gives Kimbley time to travel to North City too and the Northern MP to track and find Scar.

Hope I made myself clear... I mean, altho' this chapter does feel kind of rushed at first, it's not so weird that these 2 supposedly climatic events happened so soon.
Plus, that means the better for us readers, as what awaits ahead of us now is only the unknown. This time there's no Interview, no Flashback, no hints... what was expected has already happened, so now... just enjoy the trip smile.gif

No? happy.gif

And, I wanted to remark that for some reason I loved that not only Scar recognized Kimbley... but also viceversa! As Zolf himself said, "remember the face of those you kill"... and at that point to Kimbley Scar was just one more Ishvalan to blow up. He certainly IS a professional.
A psycho, yes, but a very professional one ( u_u)/

XD

EDIT: Quoting
Chiyo
It keeps telling me no free download space....thats a dirty lie... I'm gonna keep trying till I can get it.
Chiyo
*does the Winry dance* But what the heck is Garfiel wearing? Odd....odd man. Must know that random scene.

Too many 'coo'l things happeneing here, Armstrongs sister is certainly an improvment on the anime version. And poor old Ed with his auto-mail issues.
Kirara

I remember reading Arakawa saying that once the story moves North things are going to move quickly towards the climax. So I guess that is what we are starting to see here.

Armstrong’s sister’s reaction was the most unexpected thing for me this chapter. I mean she’s Armstrong’s sister. But I still expect her to be one of the good guys. Apparently she said she wanted to judge people for themselves. I am sure Ed and Al will win her over.

Thanks for the little information on Ed’s fight Sensenic. I was really interested in that scene. I like how Arakawa shows that Ed has trouble with his automail in temperature changes. We’ve seen him have problems here in the cold, in Xing and also in the rain.

On another note I love Selim laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.