Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime Identification
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
nataliel
I took this really useful idea from Animesuki forum.
I didn`t get answers for my questions there, so, i thought, maybe in this forum i`ll have more luck.

So, if you have some unclear memories about long-ago-seen anime and you can`t remember its name, if you find some picture with some characters, and you`re curious, from what anime they are... and so on... post your question here!

P.S: i`ve really searched for such topic here...

I have two questions:

1. What`s the name of one of Transformer`s season (or movie?), where certain people find some bracelets, that turn them into transformers (the people must sit in the certain car and cross their hands)?

2. Long time ago i`ve seen anime movie (i think) with these things:
- white colored she-cyborg chases after some girl (along all the movie(?));
- some guy-cyborg fights with military men and in some moment he sit on military jeep and turns into poison gas cloud, and the military men put masks on.
DarkHaze
Sorry I have no idea >_<
Popogeejo
QUOTE(LemonBuzz @ Sep 30 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]453198[/snapback]

Sorry I have no idea >_<

Why the heck did you post then?

For the transformers series, look here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_series
nataliel
Ah, thank you! What a simple way to find out! rolleyes.gif
And the second? Any ideas? unsure.gif
beyondredemption
Maybe a little more information? The second one's kind of vague. dry.gif
nataliel
QUOTE(beyondredemption @ Oct 2 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]454377[/snapback]

Maybe a little more information? The second one's kind of vague. dry.gif

I know sad.gif I`ll try to remember some more... umm..
Besides what was said above, i remember this:

1. A girl (in red underbodice?) stands on the stairs in some house. Suddenly some helicopter(?) falls on the roof and a makes a hole in it, and the girl goes down.

2. I think, the main character (the girl, that was chased by white she-cyborg) get a friend (another girl?), that helped her to run away... --- i`m in doubts about it... sad.gif

3. At the end of the story the she-cyborg chased the girls in some elevator. Then they got to the roof. She-cyborg died in the end.

4. She-cyborg was white with long white hair. And had such lower jaw (look at the attachment).
beyondredemption
Hm, that's more detailed but I don't recall that. Sorry! sad.gif
edsgirl
I think the title your looking for is Black Magic M-66. The lower jaw clue is what got me thinking. I knew I had seen it somewhere before. I remember how it reminded me of the anime version of the terminator.
nataliel
edsgirl, Thank you very much! Finally! I`ve been searching for it for so long! wub.gif
AHHAHA! Here`s she! The she-cyborg!
IPB Image
MasterKris
I really liked this anime when I was little. Does someone recognize this old anime? It was around year 2000 I think.

It was about this mini racecar anime, with two brothers as the main characters. The anime focus on the races of a tiny little robotic race cars that can be controlled by voice activation. (a serously spikey looking race cars) The older brother is more mature and has red hair, red clothes, and his mini racecar's red. The younger bro is more obnoxious, loud, and childish with blue hair, blue clothes, and guess what? His racecar's blue. Both brothers wear caps also. They first get their mini cars from a professor and as they go on, they meet new enemies and rivals and participate in races and competitions. Some of the other characters I remember is this monkey-like rich boy, a long haired dude with his little brother, a dark skined, yellow haired, girlish boy who use to be a huge enemy, and this one rich girl who is in love with the older brother (the red one).
nataliel
Could it be F-Zero? huh.gif
MasterKris
QUOTE(nataliel @ Oct 11 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]458272[/snapback]

Could it be F-Zero? huh.gif

I would know if it was F-Zero. sleep.gif (the anime I'm talking about is old)
Also, the F-Zero story plot gotz nothing to do with what I just typed except for the racecar thingy. ^^;;
It's not a normal racecar anime, it's a MICRO racecar. Tiny enough to fit in both your hands. The main characters (the two brothers) are young, I think around 10-12?
Blitz
@ Hyo - May I call you Hyo? ohmy.gif I think I've seen that one, too! But I saw it when I was living it Korea.... No memory whatsoever of it, until you mentioned it. I'll ask my bro and see if he knows what it's called.
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 11 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]458433[/snapback]

@ Hyo - May I call you Hyo? ohmy.gif I think I've seen that one, too! But I saw it when I was living it Korea.... No memory whatsoever of it, until you mentioned it. I'll ask my bro and see if he knows what it's called.

Of course!! ohmy.gif
Yeah, I saw that anime when I was living in Korea too. happy.gif
(I've seen a lot of animes when I was little... one I remember and it was called Battle Athletes which I happen to find... MAN I LOVED THE CHOCOLATE GUY!)
beyondredemption
Can you guys help me find an anime? I watched it when I was a kid.

It has two little girls into who befriend this big brown dust bunny thing. I think it can fly, and it's pretty big. It was a movie, and not a series. I think the little girls have brown hair...it was so long ago, but its driving me crazy...I'm sorry, I can't think of any more details right now.
Popogeejo
My neighbour Totoro?
Nepharski
Here's a poser.

I remember when I was a child, I saw this one Anime film, centered around a crystal planet in the middle of the universe that was the source of light and life to it, but this greedy queen was trying to capture it and sent these creatures to block out it's powers. And there were castles and spaceships and this black creature that could grow in proportions or split off into many separate monsters.

To make things more interesting, I remember only one quote: "Try and drop a boat on me, eh?"
beyondredemption
Thanks, I looked up My Neighbor Totoro, and it seems like the one I was looking for! tongue.gif
Funderful
I seem to remember watching this really stupid anime out of boredom every morning when I was younger.
The two main characters where rather chibi, one had spikey red hair and a tiny 'x' shaped scar across his forehead (I think I may be getting something confused, but I remember it)
The other main character was a girl, with aqua-coloured hair, and I'm pretty sure they went into some alternate dimension to battle/aid this variety of ginormous creatures.
I'm pretty sure that the Dad also went along for the ride, black hair and glasses.

I think the main villians a man, but I can't remember zippo about him.
He had two sidekicks (both girls), one with red hair, ponytails, and I think rather large eyebrows and was rather rude and/or sarcastic.
The other one had glasses and purplish blue hair (as far as I can remember),
and was always quite kind, but rather thoughtless.
Kind of a dunce.

Augh. Now I remember that this girl had a little white hamstery-creature thing with a red ribbon.
And red eyes. Bleck.

They were always eating ramen... And often skipped school to partake in the repeated launching scenes in their spaceship sort of modules, into this portal and off to that other world.
It was the same every time, with the villians too.

I know the villian's ship looked like a lion, and the animation now kind of reminds me of a more childish version of Ranma 1/2.

Enough information? Heh.
So, anyone recognize?
Sendeshi
Hey all smile.gif
I was wondering if somebody could help me with my problem. It should take less than a minute of your time. Thanks smile.gif

Basically I would like someone to look at the "trailers" section under "special features" on DVD volume 11. I would like to know what the name is of the second anime trailer it shows. It should start with a girl and a guy walking, talking about love, then it shows and image of an accident or something.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

-Sendeshi

<Merged ""Help With Finding An Anime" thread with the following 2 pages of posts here. 07/12/07 ~Tombow>
Little Washu
It should say what anime the trailer is of before you play it smile.gif.
Popogeejo
Could you describe the guy and girl please.
I don't have the DVD (I assume you are talking about the FMA DVDs) but with a bit more information I could take a stab.

Here's a list of anime Funimation (the people who made the DVD's and English dub) have;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funimation
Sendeshi
Noo haha, it shows about 5 or 6 anime trailers in a row under "trailers" and in each trailer it tells you the name of that anime. The only problem is that I forgot what it was called. So I was wondering if somebody could put the DVD on and check what the name of the second trailer was smile.gif

edit-

Well the girl was wearing a japanese school uniform.

I know, not very helpful sleep.gif sorry tongue.gif

But my memory is very very poor sad.gif
Little Washu
What did the guy and girl look like, I may know what it is. At least I think I do smile.gif.
Tombow
@Sendeshi - So, just to double/triple check, this is FMA DVD U.S./English version, Vol. 11, right??

I'll keep the thread here till someone can help Sendeshi, and merge this to other thread later. smile.gif
The RZA
We need a little more info than that homie. Do what Washu says, & then we'll probably be able to help you out.
Little Washu
When I say describe what they look like, could you give us a hair color, eye color. Or, if they resemble another anime character maybe? A voice would be helpful too. If you know/recognize their VA, then that's a big help.
Sendeshi
Thank you guys for helping me out smile.gif

Yes it is the U.S release DVD from Funimation and Aniplex.
Volume 11 trailers.

The problem is that my memory is very poor. All I can remember is that the girl was wearing a japanese school uniform and I think that the two characters (guy and girl) were saying the same lines a second after each other.
At the start they were walking down the road and then the next scene showed there was a car accident or some other kind of accident.

Sorry I can't be much help guys sad.gif
Little Washu
That commercial, I think I've seen it. It sounds familiar.
Hey, was it Rumbling Hearts by any chance?

Popogeejo
Could be Rumbling Hearts going from some of the character descriptions...
The protagonist. Takayuki Narumi met Haruka through Mitsuki setting them up during high school. When he witnesses the fresh scene where Haruka is badly injured in an accident, he develops Post Tramatic Stress Disorder comorbid with depression. Later in the story, he works at a restaurant chain owned by the Sky Temple financial group called "The Family Restaurant" after having regressed in his studies due to the accident. In Haruka's absence, he gradually begins to develop a relationship with Mitsuki.

Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 6 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]559725[/snapback]
Could be Rumbling Hearts going from some of the character descriptions...
The protagonist. Takayuki Narumi met Haruka through Mitsuki setting them up during high school. When he witnesses the fresh scene where Haruka is badly injured in an accident, he develops Post Tramatic Stress Disorder comorbid with depression. Later in the story, he works at a restaurant chain owned by the Sky Temple financial group called "The Family Restaurant" after having regressed in his studies due to the accident. In Haruka's absence, he gradually begins to develop a relationship with Mitsuki.

That's what I just said ^^" Except mine was simpler, so I guess it all works out laugh.gif.
Sendeshi
Yes, thats it! Thank you so much guys for helping me smile.gif

I just saw the trailer and it looked so good smile.gif

I owe you all!
The RZA
laugh.gif Not me. I couldnt help you at all.
Sendeshi
QUOTE(The RZA @ Jul 6 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]559728[/snapback]

Haha, don't worry, you were just... there smile.gif
Little Washu
Lucky for me, I saw that commercial on FUNimation channel. It's a very good show, I hope it's as good as you were expecting it to be!
Sendeshi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 6 2007, 11:21 PM) [snapback]559730[/snapback]
Lucky for me, I saw that commercial on FUNimation channel. It's a very good show, I hope it's as good as you were expecting it to be!

Thanks very much smile.gif I shall be ordering the DVD this weekend smile.gif
The RZA
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Jul 6 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]559729[/snapback]
QUOTE(The RZA @ Jul 6 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]559728[/snapback]

Haha, don't worry, you were just... there smile.gif

Yea i know. But oh well enjoy ya anime. ph34r.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Sendeshi @ Jul 6 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]559731[/snapback]
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 6 2007, 11:21 PM) [snapback]559730[/snapback]

Thanks very much smile.gif I shall be ordering the DVD this weekend smile.gif

I'd watch an episode or two on youtube first just to see if you like it.
The RZA
^^^Yaw thats a really good idea Popo. Because if he ends up not liking it, it would've been a waste of money.
Tombow
Nice help, guys!!

Closing the "Help With Finding An Anime" thread.

ETA: July 12
Merged "Help With Finding An Anime" thread with 2 pages of posts to "Anime Identification" thread. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.