Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animated Ling And Xing Saga
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Nicoli Flamel
<Closing the thread and moving the thread from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA Japanese Audience sub-forum, to be merged into other "sequel" talk thread. 02/24/07 ~Tombow>

To be merged to other sequel thread later. ~Tombow

If this is in the wrong place please let me know and I'll happily move it. However I don't see any other place outside of the Anime section to ask this.

Anyway I was curious, since there's probably not going to be a follow up to the anime outside of, at most if there's enough fan crying out for it, Ova, what sort of story would another season of FMA follow? And for that matter who would you see playing as the voices?

My own personal thought: Proabably would follow the Xing story, if they were bringing back the Elrics or deviating from the anime. Father as the villian, and somehow using the Trighram brothers as opposits to the Elrics.

As for Voice actors:
The young gentleman that plays Zuko in Avatar. I think he would do a excellent Ling.

Ran Fan: The young woman who is providing the lead female for Bleach, some one that can go from soft to loud quickly.

Fu:Argh I can't think of this actors name, but he's provided Tenchi's grandfather I believe.

Father: Scott McNeil.

Any other thoughts?
Popogeejo
Xing would be a possibility but working link to the orginal anime would be hard.

I always wanted to know about the three years between Ed beating Yoki and Lior. That could hold some potential.

Or for some stupid reason The Devils Nest crew in a parody of Cheers...
Nicoli Flamel
@ popogeejo: @_@ You're putting more ideas in my head. Bad...very bad. *laughs* I've been trying to find a way to write a fan fiction about this idea.

Greed as Sam, Martel as Carla, Loa as Norm and Dorchet as Cliff. laugh.gif And Dante as Shelly Long's character. But who would be Dr. Crane?
nataliel
Good idea!
Umm...i don`t think there will be something about Xing...
Even when i read the manga, i felt that Ling and co are sort of... superfluous...
Like someone had cut them out of some other story and placed into FMA...

But if it will be new FMA season, it would be interesting, if Al and Ed finds the way to quit our world. But they arrive to Xing country instead of their native one!!! ohmy.gif And there they`d met Ling and the others! Cool! laugh.gif

And also, it would be interesting, if there`re adventures INSIDE the Gate! So, Ed and Al could meet all of Homunculus gang there! Cool as well! laugh.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 28 2006, 04:14 AM) [snapback]452276[/snapback]

Greed as Sam, Martel as Carla, Loa as Norm and Dorchet as Cliff. laugh.gif And Dante as Shelly Long's character. But who would be Dr. Crane?

Why none other than special guest star Alex Louis Armstrong. the rest of the FMA cast would be bar patrons or from the rival bar.
Antimony
The Xing cast cannot be written into the anime, especially after the movie's ending. It would have to take place in an alternate timeline that is closer to the manga story. I think it's possible that they could pop up in a video game or an OVA special someday.
Colette
I think someone made a topic about this before...
Mustang_93
Sounds interesting but unfortunely lacks potential. My adivice would be to write your oun little "saga" wouldn't that be fun! Or you can do a "what if" thing where you change the story line into something diffrent and work on that ( like writing what would happen if Hughes... you know what i am talking about) Happy Writing!
Nepharski
I've been hoping that at some point down the line, someone somewhere will decide to pull a Hellsing and liscense an OVA series based more accurately off the Manga (one episode released per volume, etc.). Then we shall see our beloved foreign flavoring, not to mention higher quality visuals and animation (as is standard with OVAs).
Nicoli Flamel
@Nepharski: Couldn't agree with you more on the Ova. It would be nice if they followed the story more acurately. *coughs* Would be a good way to get Vic's little movie as a bonus feature too. laugh.gif But in any event, I'd personally like to see the fight between Ran Fan and Envy animated. Let's face it...she kicked his butt but good in that fight with him. Then wrath had to come and injure her. Grrrrr...

@popogeejo: Heh, that would be quiet the amusing set up.

@Mustang 93: I have every intention of writing it. I'm just curious as to others opinions on the matter. Or any other ideas as to how such a project could be done.

Then again we can all make paper cranes and send them to the studio. *Funmation's attempt to get a second season of Fruits Basket out*
Mustang_93
One thing you could do is to write a short ova (about the legenth of FLCL) and try to get Funimations attention. Other than that i don't know what else you can do.
Untitled
Hmm.. It IS a good idea but what I'm worried about is the sudden change of setting. But yeah! It sounds great! I like your paper crane idea! laugh.gif Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..
Mustang_93
QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]453573[/snapback]

Hmm.. It IS a good idea but what I'm worried about is the sudden change of setting. But yeah! It sounds great! I like your paper crane idea! laugh.gif Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..

I agree with him you would need somone with a calmer voice Zuko is always the "angsty teen". But i am wondering what is going to happen in Xing?
TheSnig
I wish they'd do an ova of the Xing sequence...but I don't think it'd happen.
Mustang_93
How long would the saga be anyway? I think we are getting a head of ourselves you would have to think up a plot and do some planning.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]454318[/snapback]

How long would the saga be anyway? I think we are getting a head of ourselves you would have to think up a plot and do some planning.

OVAs can be ushered in just about whenever. If they run out of Manga to cover, it's simply put on hiatus until the next batch comes out.
Sydney
The concept of a Xing series gets a resounding "YES!" from me, though I don't have much to say about it now. ^^;

(Rather adore the concept of a...sitcom Devil's Nest, if I read it right.... Actually, an entire Devil's Nest spin-off sounds great to me. ^_____^)
Mustang_93
QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 4 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]454909[/snapback]

The concept of a Xing series gets a resounding "YES!" from me, though I don't have much to say about it now. ^^;

(Rather adore the concept of a...sitcom Devil's Nest, if I read it right.... Actually, an entire Devil's Nest spin-off sounds great to me. ^_____^)

I have not read much of the manga (computer to slow) but is there a possible antagonist? And if Everybody loves Greed isn't good enough how about Dancing with the Homunculi!
Sydney
QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]454972[/snapback]

I have not read much of the manga (computer to slow) but is there a possible antagonist? And if Everybody loves Greed isn't good enough how about Dancing with the Homunculi!

laugh.gif I'm all aboard for "Everybody Loves Greed"!

"Dancing with Homunculi"... tongue.gif oh, that'll be insane....

For a Xing show, I can really see the Father character from the manga as the main antagonist, or more like villain...is that what you meant? (I get fuzzy on the definition of "antagonist" sometimes....) Hmmm...also assassins after Ling due to his royal status, his rivals for post of Emperor?

(I have trouble keeping up with the manga too, computer issues and all; can't wait 'til more of it's published state-side....)
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Antimony @ Sep 28 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]452466[/snapback]

The Xing cast cannot be written into the anime, especially after the movie's ending. It would have to take place in an alternate timeline that is closer to the manga story. I think it's possible that they could pop up in a video game or an OVA special someday.

You are right. The Xing angle would have to be post movie to be workable. Despite being such a chucklehead, Ling is appealing to some FMA fans and they'd love to see him and the rest animated.
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Sep 28 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]452550[/snapback]

I think someone made a topic about this before...

#That might have been me. I was trying to reply to this thread and I hit the "new topic" button by mistake (my fault for having three windows open on my comp). I asked the mod to delete it.

It probably will never happen, but I thought a fanfic called "Balance of Power" by c_b_syndrome would be perfect for a new FMA series because Ed and Al are hurled from 1924 Germany to 2006 America in a plausible manner. And an anime set in America would be more appealing to some viewers/ As of now, the story is only on livejournal, but some artwork based on the fic has been drawn by Heathenesque and Cowboys_And_Alchemy.

link to story

BTW: If you had Dancing With Homunculi, how would you keep Gluttony from eating his partner? tongue.gif
Mustang_93
QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 5 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]455244[/snapback]

QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]454972[/snapback]

laugh.gif I'm all aboard for "Everybody Loves Greed"!

"Dancing with Homunculi"... tongue.gif oh, that'll be insane....

For a Xing show, I can really see the Father character from the manga as the main antagonist, or more like villain...is that what you meant? (I get fuzzy on the definition of "antagonist" sometimes....) Hmmm...also assassins after Ling due to his royal status, his rivals for post of Emperor?

(I have trouble keeping up with the manga too, computer issues and all; can't wait 'til more of it's published state-side....)

Yes antagonist is the bad guy. Father would be good but that defeats my idea of having some gateway to "here" in Xing. Or you could write somthing about Xinean alchemy ( i read somwhere that it is used diffrently) or a conspiracy to kill Ling why does this sound familiar?
Sydney
QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]453573[/snapback]

Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]452227[/snapback]

As for Voice actors:
The young gentleman that plays Zuko in Avatar. I think he would do a excellent Ling.

Ran Fan: The young woman who is providing the lead female for Bleach, some one that can go from soft to loud quickly.

Fu:Argh I can't think of this actors name, but he's provided Tenchi's grandfather I believe.

I think the guy who plays Zuko could do Ling well in his serious moments...but I can't comment on how well he'd do in his wacky, laid-back moments because I've only heard him as Zuko, who hasn't been given a chance to be zany from what I've seen so far.

I don't know his name either, but having Tenchi's Grandfather's VA as Fu is brilliant, perfect casting. smile.gif This Ran Fan choice seems fine. (I haven't thought of anyone else for her.)
Mustang_93
QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 6 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]455718[/snapback]
QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]453573[/snapback]

Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]452227[/snapback]
As for Voice actors:

I think the guy who plays Zuko could do Ling well in his serious moments...but I can't comment on how well he'd do in his wacky, laid-back moments because I've only heard him as Zuko, who hasn't been given a chance to be zany from what I've seen so far.

I don't know his name either, but having Tenchi's Grandfather's VA as Fu is brilliant, perfect casting. smile.gif This Ran Fan choice seems fine. (I haven't thought of anyone else for her.)

For Ling how about the guy who playes Lloyd form Tales of Symphonia?
How about for Tenchi's grandfather the George- something form Star Trek?

To be merged to other sequel thread later. ~Tombow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.