Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Group Do You Root For? *spoilers*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Colette
Rooting for doesn't really mean who you want to live happily ever after in the end. Just the group you like the most. This really is a manga based poll, but it has anime aspects too. I looked for a thread like this, but not very hard...

The Elrics include: The Elrics, Rockbells, Curtis family, ect. It does not include Roy and co.

The military includes: The military, durrr. Doesn't include Ed despite his title. Marcoh isn't in it either, or Kimbley. It also includes a certain spoiler that I'm sure you can guess without my saying.

The Homunculi includes the homunculi, including all the anime and manga homunculi (except Greed in both versions), Father, and Dante too. It also includes Kimbley since you know, he's probably gonna work for them

The Xing Crew includes Fu, Lan Fan, and obviously Ling. I guess Mei Chan too, but I was thinking she's more in the Scar group.

Scar and co includes Yoki, Scar, Mei, Xiao Mei, and Marcoh.

The Devil's Nest is everyone in the Devil's Nest, obviously. Greed, Martel, Dorchet, Loa, Bido, ect. It does not include Kimbley or Tucker because I say so D:<

ETA: June 19, 2009, Instead of closing the thread because the poll choices no longer reflect recent manga story, updated the poll choices according to more recent manga storyline development, and added
* "Mustang's co: Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Fuery, & Falman" and
* "Northern Army: Olivier and Briggs' bunch" and
* "Manga chimeras: Darrious, Heinkel, Jerso, & Zampano"
to the poll choices per popular demand. ~ Tombow

Other is other, simple as that.

I voted Scar and co, believe it or not. But I hope the Devil's Nest crew gets votes!
Popogeejo
The Devils nest crew make better anti-heros IMO and while I could root for them I feel that my support lies else where.

I'm torn between the Xing Triad and Scars following.
Xing has ninjas, a gal in a sexy long coat and a meglomainac but Scars group has a Warrior preist, a freaky Panda and a mascot in the shape of Mei.
Both groups are made of 100% liquid awesome but I geuss Ranfan settles the score for being the most bad ass female next to Izumi. (I'd like to see who would win in a scrap between those two.)
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I have to go with the Elric group. Because of their compassion for life in all things really. The others groups do have other great causes too. The Elric group also is kinda of a weird thing too. They do good deeds instead of obeying military orders that tell them to do terrible things.
Jellybean
I was predictable and voted for the Elrics. What can I say, I love them. They're my favorite part of the manga and I got really bored during those flashbacks where Ed and Al didn't even make an appearance for about three chapters. I guess I've just gotten attached to them. Scar and co. are a close second, though. I can't believe those random characters all ended up together. They make a very interesting little group.
nataliel
Nice idea, Collette!

I voted for Homunculus group, cause for me, with their backstories, they`re perfect bad guys` gang cool.gif Somehow i like villains more then good guys...
So, Homunculus are in the first place.
Then goes Elrics company. I must say that not in every anime you can meet so interesting and fascinating good guys (why is Curtis family included? huh.gif )
And then goes Greedo-san cool.gif and his mates.

I like Scar`s group, too. But Yoki is included, and i hate him, so...

P.S: And what about Tringhams?
Buddi-chan
I voted for the Xing crew 'cause what can I say, I love my Ling and Ran Fan ^__^ Though the military crew is a close second, cause Mustang's subordiates are friggin' amazing, especially in the manga. Next is the homunculi, cause they're just amazingly badass. And of course you've gotta love Scar's crew (I love how Mei is oblivious to how 'bad' Scar is XD) and the Devil's nest crew (though I liked them more in the anime, for some reason).

Ironically or not, my least favorite group is probably the Elrics and Co., even though Ed and Al are the main characters, heh. Though this is normal for me; I always like the secondary characters more than the main, I'm not sure why.
nataliel
QUOTE(Buddi-chan @ Sep 26 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]451861[/snapback]

Ironically or not, my least favorite group is probably the Elrics and Co., even though Ed and Al are the main characters, heh. Though this is normal for me; I always like the secondary characters more than the main, I'm not sure why.

Maybe it`s because anime main characters are always full of cliches dry.gif ...
slayeralchemist
The Homunculus, they are a lot of fun, I'd love to be in their gang biggrin.gif
I would totally take Gluttonny's place besides Lust, it'd be belle and belle instead of beauty and the beast smile.gif
Nepharski
The Homunculi. I just find them so interesting.
(^-^)sammyxeddy
i satay with the good guys! elrics and im addicted to ed! wub.gif
Becca-chan
I voted for the Devil's Nest crew.

In many ways they were people who just wanted to start life anew considering the heck they had been through in the past.
And I'm sure that loads of people would love ( should they ever get the chance) to just kick back, relax and live life the way they wanted to, without having to worry about anything.

And while they weren't exactly angels, they weren't devils either, much like Greed himself ( despite him saying he's ' not a good person' some of his actions seemed to contradict that statement)

All of them are also very very likeable, especially in the manga when their talking to Al.

Even though we know what happens to each and every single one of them in the end ( I cried after reading through volume 8 and when I watched those certain episodes sad.gif ) I think it's safe to say that Full Metal Alchemist wouldn't of been the same without them.
Chiyo
Yes I'm afraid I went for the Elrics, mainly because of the other people included in their group who are innocent in all of this. The Elrics themselves have an almost selfish goal but it essence are good guys who have found themselves in the middle of a bigger picture and help as well they can.
Migchao
Homunculi, obviously. I chose them because they are pretty darned awesome. The Elrics was pretty close up, though.
Sin Of Envy
Funny, I've been thinking of this question lately.
Homunculi of course....
Nil-chan
Xing, of course! I just love them so much. They're really great characters, and even though they seem to have a selfish goal, you can't help but notice the tightness and loyalty they have. happy.gif
Nicoli Flamel
The Military. Oddly enough I like their back stories. What Riza's said to Ed was true. They have to be the front of the battle, and as such they take the brunt of the fire for Ed and co. And no I'm not a miniskirt fan, I just hope that eventually Havco will return. I like him as a character as well.

They all have pretty interesting backstories, and like the Xing and homunculi, they're all tight together. Lets hope Roy becomes Fuher.

DantElric
I'll go with the bad guys. I don't know why, but I actually like Dante. but sometimes she annoys me. And sometimes I just feel sorry for some of the homunculi (okay, just poor li'l Wrath).

But I'd side with Al in a second. laugh.gif
000_neji
I more like the supporting characters...they also play a major role too...
xxEnvyxx
Go Homunculi!!
Popogeejo
QUOTE(000_neji @ Sep 29 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]452754[/snapback]

I more like the supporting characters...they also play a major role too...

Which one? There's more than one group of supporting characters...
Untitled
I went for the military. Aside from what is written on my sig, I like the characters there. They have their own share of quirks, serious buissiness and alot more happy.gif
FMA4ever
QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]453674[/snapback]

I went for the military. Aside from what is written on my sig, I like the characters there. They have their own share of quirks, serious buissiness and alot more happy.gif

Go the military! Gotta love those uniforms! biggrin.gif
Mustang_93
Actually I like a little bit of everybody! Elrics because they are trying to regain what they lost and that is what alot of us do, the Milatary is vaguely molevelent but makes FMA very interesting, The Homunculi because they somewhat deserve revenge and in the end they are nice people (namely Lust and Greed). Scar's group because they are doing the "right" thing but they overdo it sometimes, the Devil's nest because they are just so cool! Dorochet and Greed are super-cool! Did i forget someone?
Ice Blizzard
The 7 Humonculi Are Awesome !!
Fushi
I side with the military, specifically Mustang and his fraction. I like that group of characters the most, nevermind Roy being my favorite character in the series, and dude...can't get enough of men (and women) in uniform.
22-250
Probably Scar's little gang.
Synth Alchemist
Military laugh.gif
Soujirou
Homunculi laugh.gif
The random alchemist
I on no one side. I have my own group...
>>
<<
nevermind I just have myself and my guinea pig .__.
pawnedbyme
hmmm i am on elrics side cause ed is awesome.
Kitty Chow
I love the Elrics ^^
GREEDisGOOD
The Devil's Nest crew are my favorite group. They're not evil, actually they are the victims. And Greed's not just using them, he does help them as a friend. I don't exactly know what Greed did to piss the others off, but it would have been nice to see his plans go through.
Edamame
I am going to have to go with the Elric group because of their unwavering loyalty to one another. Both Edward and Alphonse are selfless, and put the well-being of those they love before their own. The brothers work continously to achieve their goal, and loyal friends like the Rockbells and the Curtis family support them and urge them onwards. Scar and company comes in a close second. The 'frienship' and trust that Scar and Mei share is rather cute.
Meitantei Conan
I'll be on the Elrics Brother Side, Cuz I think its Inspring for what they're doing. That the reason i like FMA, cuz its make me Believe that we cna do Anything. so yea, thats what side i want to be on
Astria
I reckon it's a little misleading to lump all the military people together. I mean, Roy and co. are working to bring Bradley's regime down.

Anyhoo, I'd go with Roy's group within the military. They want to make their country a better place. A little idealistic, a bit romantic, but they know what they want and are willing to sacrifice a lot to get it. A bit like Ed and Al, only on a wider scale. It just might end up killing a couple of them in the process. unsure.gif

Oh, yes, let's side with the homunculi minus Father for some wonderful anarchy. There'd be a bunch of not-quite-immortal creatures running around Amestris.

It would have been nice to see more of the Devil's Nest crew as well...there was some wonderful comradeship there, and potential relationships to explore. I also got a vague sense of contrast to Mustang's gang, a sort of seriously AU 'what if?' should Roy's plan go to pot and he and his subordinates end up as 'outlaws' rather then imprisoned/dead.

The Elrics' quest is what the series is based on, but it's definitely not the only reason why I read it. I'm one of those who's more taken in by the wider story, like the military and the background surrounding Ishbal and things. I also have a habit of 'siding' with secondary characters rather than the main ones who get all the fangirlism.
Tian Ai
Ahh, it was so hard to decide on one >< I almost had to do "eenie meenie miney moe"...

I went with the military (Roy's crew) because I like the feeling of... sort of like a family, but not too close-close in that way, either. They've always got each other's backs.. biggrin.gif Heartwarming!

I also really like the Ling's Xing crew though... mostly 'cause Ranfan is awesome. AWESOME!

The Devil's Nest crew made me laugh a lot when I was reading the part about them, but I wouldn't say they're my favorite...just a funny little group biggrin.gif
Astria
QUOTE(Tian Ai @ Feb 3 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]500355[/snapback]
Ahh, it was so hard to decide on one >< I almost had to do "eenie meenie miney moe"...

I went with the military (Roy's crew) because I like the feeling of... sort of like a family, but not too close-close in that way, either. They've always got each other's backs.. biggrin.gif Heartwarming!

'Heart-warming' is exactly the word. I really, really hope we see them together again in the manga. I'd end up getting more teary-eyed then they would. wink.gif

RanFan is just brilliant. I think she beats Hawkeye as my favourite female character in the series.
Kenji
The Elric brothers of course!!! Ed and Al have been helping people a lot throughout numerous events but it is the homunculi that ruined it... Their brotherhood spirit is also strong with each bear the responsible of finding back each other's missing body [In Al's case, body parts]... Ed is willing to die for Al while Al is willing to "leave" the armour for Ed's safety... Ed even thinks about his brother's sake.. he is willing to be a "military dog" by becoming a National Alchemist to find his brother's body back eventhough Winly's Grandmother explains to him the negative part of being a National Alchemist... and also in Episode 9-Be Thou for the People, Ed lied to Kyle's father that the "man in armour" is not related with him so that his brother have a cosy place to rest... so that eventually his brother have someone to be taken cared in the inn...

Futhermore, where does those funny parts came from?? Ed of course!!
Lost Alchemist
The Devil's Nest!!!! Who would not work with Greed, Martel, Dorchet, Loa, Bido, ect. so Greed looks at girls in odd ways but he turns to carbon!
Indignant Judgment
I would have to say Elrics because they are the ones that basically made all of this possible happy.gif
Zee
I picked the military because even if the elrics are the popular choice I always thought if you made a TV series of the Military it would be one hell of a drama/sitcom =P
archangelkatherin
This is actually a really hard decision! I’d have to go with Scar’s group though. It's original; with a warrior priest as its leader, a “retired” military officer, a hunted doctor, and a "princess" of Xing. The group has especially dark overtones as it consists primarily of antiheroes that will do whatever is necessary to achieve their ends. I find their goals and partnership something that isn’t common in an animated series; they are together not out of a sense of friendship (with the possible exception of Scar and Mei) but by necessity.

The military is also awesome, and nearly tied for first. Ultimately Scar’s group won out.
Densetsu_kid
The Elrics because they are the only ones that have a noble motive behind their actions.
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
The Elrics and Company. Wait, does this include Roy and Riza?
Twilightz
Military. I like Roy and his gang. smile.gif
The Mad Bomber
Kimblee, whatever category he falls in and after that the military definately
archangelkatherin
QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Mar 24 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]521489[/snapback]

[spoiler]Kimblee's with the homunculi.[/spoiler]

The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(archangelkatherin @ Mar 25 2007, 01:19 AM) [snapback]521500[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Mar 24 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]521489[/snapback]

[spoiler]Kimblee's with the homunculi.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Is he? btw this is about manga right? Yet Kimblee doesn`t really know that he is working for the homonculi. Not in anime or manga, in both he thinks he is working for the military all tough he is doing the homonculi a favour. All tough in the manga he does say: "So it`s your people`s orders" Now either he is hinting towards the homonculi or the military`s shadowy people who gave him the red stone.[/spoiler]
ehxhfdl14
Is he? btw this is about manga right? Yet Kimblee doesn`t really know that he is working for the homonculi. Not in anime or manga, in both he thinks he is working for the military all tough he is doing the homonculi a favour. All tough in the manga he does say: "So it`s your people`s orders" Now either he is hinting towards the homonculi or the military`s shadowy people who gave him the red stone.

He said, when asked by Ed why he was working for the homunculi, that they were the only ones that let him 'express his powers to its full potential'-as in, the homunculi lets Kimbley blow up things- in Ch. 71 I think. So that clears that up.
Alchemical
I picked 'other' because I'm with both the Elric's side AND Roy's side. And they both ARE on the same side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.