Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hohenheim X Trisha Fans
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
We have have threads dedicated to RoyAi, Roy/Ed, and any other pairing imaginable, yet there wasn't any pairing dedicated to one of the very few canon couples in the FMA fandom, AND the creators of two of the most fangirlized, ogled, slashed and all out worshipped characters in anime history? Sad. Very sad. I cry. (Not bashing or condoning said couples, but yeah. Examples, examples). I personally find the pairing sweet and adorable, Hohenheim clearly loves his wife very much, and as formerly stated, much to the dismay of fangirls, Ed and Al wouldn't be here without them. (Arakawa aided in that though, heh...oh that came out wrong).

Anyway, after reading a very sweet Hoho x Trish fanfic on LiveJournal (two in fact, I almost never read fics to begin with), and seeing the severe lack of love for these two (You realize how hard it is to find fanart/doujin/fics/ANYTHING of these two? Unless someone can find it with ease, if so then I will eat my socks), I felt motivated to start this up. So...discuss. Praise. Mock. Whatever it is you do in threads like these. I dunno, I'm just an innocent bystander! D:

But seriously folks. Share the love. My/your/our/their OTP needs some love. <3

PURDY ICONS! Gotta make this place look semi-attractive.

I did not make any of these icons. Credit goes to any and all creators, for I could never make these, for I suck and lack any fanceh programs. biggrin.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Kyron...rs/177156-2.gif
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Kyron...rs/0289f1a7.gif

I linked out to the last two because they might be semi-offensive to some. And the immature people would eat my face off.

((If this does turn out to be a duplicate, forgive me, and you may flame/insult/mock/maim me however you please.))
Migchao
They weren't offensive.

I like this pairing! But we all know that HohenhiemxAl is the best yah-oy paring ever! We must find some pictures.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Migchao @ Sep 25 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]451466[/snapback]

They weren't offensive.

I like this pairing! But we all know that HohenhiemxAl is the best yah-oy paring ever! We must find some pictures.

I know they weren't. But seeing as how pictures similar to the linked-out avatars were posted in the gallery, and it caused a big ruckus from immature fangirls, I figured I'd be cautious at best.

Then again, the gallery is filled with mindless drones crazy people anyway.

Yes we do! I've already looked on DA (five deviations, four of which my own o.O), Google, Photobucket, LJ, nothing. *le sigh* It's saddening. We must hunt.
Becca-chan
In that case, sign me up for this place. ^^

Hohenheim and Trisha are a really sweet couple, and you get to see how adorable they were together in those flashbacks that Hoenheim has.

If I could draw the two of them properly, I would do fan-art of them..ah well hopefully I'll learn how to draw them sometime soon @.@;
Chiyo
I wrote a fic of this pair, as there is a lack of love for them. I think people enjoy looking forward to what might be. These two were a couple and can never be again.

[spoiler]well maybe now they are both dead they can meet again[/spoiler]
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 27 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]451993[/snapback]

I wrote a fic of this pair, as there is a lack of love for them. I think people enjoy looking forward to what might be. These two were a couple and can never be again.

[spoiler]It irked me how they didn't show anything that happened to Hohenheim after he died. They show Wrath re-uniting with Izumi, but nothing bteween Hohenheim and Trisha? I could picture it now; the Gate slamming open, and the two of them embracing each other, and sharing a long kiss...[/spoiler]

WOAH, I gotta write that down.

@Becca-chan - I have TRIED to draw the both of the mproperly, and squat. I've been working on writing them, though...if that made sense.

EDIT: @Chiyo - I just took a look into your ff.net account and found the fic you wrote on the two -- very nice. It had me grinning from ear to ear. And it takes alot of me to smile in this school of mine. *grins*
Lunchbox
Wahh, of course! Why couldn't I have come up with this sooner than you? XD

This must be about the best [ and close to only ] defined, rock solid pairing in the series! ^__^ Aww, and it's so cute, when you see the memories of HohoPapa and Trish-Trish together; Trisha looks so pretty! And even though HohoPapa left them, it was probably for the best.

And yes, I do agree whole-heartedly with the spoilers. X3
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 27 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]451993[/snapback]
@Chiyo - That was such a nice thought!! I'm with you all the way on that!! happy.gif
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
My only thread got revived! *le tear of joy*

And @ the spoiler, I myself actually wrote a one-shot of how that may have panned out, since some of us wanted to see what happened and Bones wimped out on showing us. I'll post the link to it if anyone nags me enough about it. >>;
Nepharski
I've always wondered about that. The Internet is swamped ankle deep in fan pairs with little relevance and even less hygiene, but no one touches on these people.

Just some food for thought. Not a fan of pairing.
pawnedbyme
I am not too much of a fan but hey that be cool.
Meitantei Conan
I think that Hohenheim Of light is the father of the Homunculus in the manga read Vol.8
Kitty Chow
They did love each other...but Hoenheim shouldn't have left Trisha =(
GREEDisGOOD
Actually, out of all the miserable character in this series, i feel the most sorry for Hohenheim. He did do terrible things, but he's seen the error of his ways. Both his sons hate him, and he knows its what he deserves. He was able to fall in love with Trisha, but even that would not last, and he lost her too. His whole life just seems so sad.
Triple Soul
I think that Hohenheim Of light is the father of the Homunculus in the manga read Vol.8
[spoiler]That is not Hohenheim. That is Father. They're both different beings, as far as we can tell.[/spoiler]

They did love each other...but Hoenheim shouldn't have left Trisha =(

Leaving her may not have been the smartest way to go about it, I must admit, but he did it for the good of his family. He meant to harm by it, it was to protect them, if anything.

Actually, out of all the miserable character in this series, i feel the most sorry for Hohenheim. He did do terrible things, but he's seen the error of his ways. Both his sons hate him, and he knows its what he deserves. He was able to fall in love with Trisha, but even that would not last, and he lost her too. His whole life just seems so sad.

Just a teensy nitpick -- Edward eventually forgave him at the end of the series, and as far as I could tell, Alphonse never hated him.

But yeah, you're right, he's probably /the/ most tragic character in the anime IMO (and that's not the fangirl talking, either). It seems like everytime he does something right, something else crashes down on him and ruins it for him. He seems a bit jynxed, sadly.
pawnedbyme
I think it is kinda werid for them together i mean did trisha know that hohenimem was like a monester?
sweety_pie
@pawnedbyme - No she did not know, that is the point.
Nekokitty
I think this pairing's sweet. It makes me a little sad when I think about what's happened to both of them. I drew fanart of this during class when I was bored, but I never scanned since it wasn't that good.
Triple Soul
I think it is kinda werid for them together i mean did trisha know that hohenimem was like a monester?

I think monster is a rather heavy term to be used in this instance (unless you mean manga-wise, in that case, it's a higher probability), but as sweety pie said, that's the whole point. He left for reasons tht could possibly harm his family.

...This is becomimg more like "The Hohenheim Thread" and less "The Hohenheim and Trisha" thread. o_o
Living on Violent Edge
^ in that case, let's say they're a touching couple that both romantically and emotionally seperated by fate...or not. tongue.gif

but they were a great couple and gave life to our very own Ed and Al. happy.gif
Edamame
I have always been meaning to post in this thread, and am rather glad to see that it has been 'revived'. Personally, Hohenheim and Trisha has to be my favourite pairing. It is fairly obvious that they shared an incredibly deep bond with one another. Hohenheim loved Trisha so much that he had to make the difficult and heart-wrenching decision of leaving his family, because he could no bear to witness his wife's hurt. Hohenheim even tells his Edward that Trisha was the only woman whom he ever loved. Trisha shows an undying loyalty toward Hohenheim in that she eagerly awaits his return up until her untimely death. The relationship between Hohenheim and Trisha has to be the most tragic and bittersweet in the series. Hohenheim did keep his promise and return home, only to discover his wife had died in a cruel twist of fate. Its tragic to think what happened to both of them, especially for Hohenheim who has to live with the constant guilt.(Hopefully, Hohenheim and Trisha were reunited in the movie. happy.gif)
ed's numbuh 1 fan
I also love that tragic love tale thing that Tisha and Hohenheim had together. happy.gif
It was also so much irony that the whole Fullmetal Alchemist story (in the anime at least) centered around Dante and Hoho because if they never did what they did then nothing in the story would have ever happened, so actually Hoho would be the most important piece of the whole puzzle. laugh.gif I adore Trisha and i wish she didn't die....but then there goes the whole story again doesnt it? laugh.gif
Triple Soul
@Edamame - I couldn't have said it better myself. happy.gif

And yeah, I aim to keep this thread/board alive. YA HEAR ME, OTHER CERTAIN PAIRING THREADS THAT I WILL NOT NAME? YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ME YET!

I'll stop now.
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Oooh, yay! This is going to be a good thread, I can feel it...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm most excited to see what Trisha's "promise" to Hoho in the manga is...
Triple Soul
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm most excited to see what Trisha's "promise" to Hoho in the manga is...

Seconded.

Part of me also thinks that [spoiler]Hohenheim could possibly be Pride. Who knows, though.

...But can manga!homunculi even reproduce? No, I don't believe so...[/spoiler]

I'll just save that for the manga forum. xD
Edamame
The New Fullmetal Alchemist: I almost forgot about Hohenheim's promise that he made to Trisha. Suprisingly, I don't think that anybody has commented on it in the manga thread. I don't even have a theory for what this 'promise' could even be and possibly entail. Hopefully, we will find out soon considering Hohenheim has made his return in chapter 67. Perhaps this so called promise is one of the reasons Hohenheim had to leave Trisha.

~I find it rather amusing that I can find hundreds of sites for Royai, Edwin, LingLan, but not one site for HohoTrisha. (Sniff, HohoTrisha is the OTP though) dry.gif
Triple Soul
~I find it rather amusing that I can find hundreds of sites for Royai, Edwin, LingLan, but not one site for HohoTrisha. (Sniff, HohoTrisha is the OTP though)

Part of the problem may be the fact that it is the sole concrete, canon pairing in the series (next to Hughes and Gracia). While pairings such as Royai and EdWin are heavily implied, they aren't 100 percent canon, and there's alot of unknown ground to cover. I've seen many people who find canon pairings boring.

That's not to say HohoTrisha doesn't have alot of ground to cover, there is, the main one being how they met, and [spoiler]if they reunited after Hohenheim's passing in the movie[/spoiler], the latter of which I wrote about. People just choose not to focus on them for other reasons unknown. I suspect many (not all), but many Ed fangirls are too busy screeching about how freakin' horrible Hohenheim supposedly is, and are too asfixiated with other pairings.

But just you wait. If and when EdWin becomes truely canon (it seems rather imminent in the manga, then again romance isn't very welcome in shounen manga), I'm willing to bet it'll lose a good chunk of its fanbase after "canonization".
Edamame
I agree TripleSoul. So I guess that I shall have to wait and twiddle my finger patiently until EdWin and Royai become canon. I tried looking up Japanese fan-sites for the pairing, but failed miserably. (Closest I got was DanteHohenheim) My dreams of this thread consuming the Royai thread have been crushed. tongue.gif
Nekokitty
Geh, I have returned to post in this thread and help it catch up to the Royai one.
I finally got around to drawing fanart of this pairing. It's sorta inapproate. I won't post it here. And I haven't even scanned it. I'll draw a better one and post it here.
Triple Soul
Geh, I have returned to post in this thread and help it catch up to the Royai one.
I finally got around to drawing fanart of this pairing. It's sorta inapproate. I won't post it here. And I haven't even scanned it. I'll draw a better one and post it here.

Inappropriate, hm?

Shouldn't faze me. If you do scan it, you can PM it to me. I'd like to see it. ;P
Nekokitty
@ Triple Soul: Ok, *scans, uploads to photobucket and sends you PM* =P
I don't think I'm going to put it on my DA though....Good thing my mom never checks what I do on the Computer.
Triple Soul
*responds here for the heck of it*

Oh lawlz, I've seen more gratuitous drawings. P:

It's a nice drawing nonetheless. You can draw Hohenheim way better than me. Then again, EVERYONE can draw Hohenheim better than me P:
Nekokitty
So have I, but I'm paranoid about my parents ever seeing. xD
Thanks, but I didn't like the way Hohenheim came out in that piccy. I draw him better facing front than sideways. Then again Hohenheim's fun to draw. It's a nice break from drawing Ed all the time.
@ Ling_Chan - Oooh, artwork? I'd like to see as well! ^^ I understand about being nervous about parents, though - totally with you there. Even though we aren't being *bad* they still get angry... Oh, well - guess that's true of any parent, though...

@ Edamame and Triple Soul - You know, I may need to go back and re-read some of the chapters (i.e. 50-65 or so), but correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me what you think: [spoiler]Either Hoho *is* "Father" or one is masqeurading at times as the other... I can't remember if they're seperate & look the same or if they're different... Ugh... stupid memory mixing with my imagination![/spoiler]

Ok, and about the "promise" - [spoiler]I think it seriously may have something to do w/ the Homunculi or the Philosopher's stone - like they were going to work together on something, but she couldn't "keep up," whatever... Didn't she even say that she'd be "waiting" for him or some such? Once again, it's been a while since I read those chapters, so I could very well be wrong...[/spoiler] You guys have any guesses as to the promise? I like theory-sharing. ^^

Triple Soul
[spoiler]Either Hoho *is* "Father" or one is masqeurading at times as the other... I can't remember if they're seperate & look the same or if they're different... Ugh... stupid memory mixing with my imagination!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]They are NOT the same person. In one of the chapters where Ed, Al and friends, and Father are all together, it shows Hohenheim in a completely seperate location. What Hohenheim actually is is up for debate -- many theories pin him down as Pride, a relative of Father, a failed experiment of Father, a detachment of Father, a carriage for hir soul, etc.[/spoiler]

And the promise...I'll touch on that later.
Thank you, Triple Soul! happy.gif

Saved me from doing un-necessary reading... (and by un-necessary I mean I don't currently have the time...)

can't wait to hear your "promise" theory!
Nekokitty
I've returned! I drew a more appropiate picture this time. I'll post it eventually.
@ The New FullMetal Alchemist: If you want I'll send you a PM with the pic I sent to Triple Soul.
Edamame
Ling Chan: I can not wait to see the picture that you drew!

: I can not even begin to think up a theory regarding Trisha and Hohenheim's promise. I was going to mention it in the manga thread, but I thought that it would be rather pointless seeing as how I don't have a proper theory. I have a feeling that Trisha knew more about Hohenheim than we give her credit for. (Ooooh, Trisha is really Pride~ crack theory for the day)
Triple Soul
Shameless plug for a Hohenheim/Trisha post-movie (or during movie, perhaps, like a side-story) fic; fluffy at the end

As the description says, we know what happens to Wrath in the movie, and yet...

Posted back in September....it was my first work of literature I had made since late May. Haven't written anything since. Need to, though. Guh.
Edamame
Triple Soul: That was a lovely and bitter-sweet work. After a life of damnation and guilt, it is nice to know that Hohenheim finally recieved his piece of heaven. You do a nice job portraying Hohenheim's emotions and feelings, including his reunion with Trisha. I do hope that you write some more fictions.
@ Edamame - Hey, crack theories are awesome! And besides, sometimes they're so far-fetched, they're actually pretty damn accurate! But you're right - there's no telling what the promise could be until Arakawa decides to re-focus on families again... no telling when that'll be!

@ Triple Soul - I can't wait to read your fic! I've saved it to my favorites so I'll have an easy time finding it next chance I get to read it! ^^

@ Ling_Chan - oh, if you were to pm me, that'd be wonderful! Can't wait to see the other pic, too! smile.gif
Nekokitty
Bumpers. =P
Finally finished the drawing, it's not colored cause I'm lazee.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47774015/
Triple Soul
I already saw that and commented on DA, but I sitll lurve it so much. <3

I still say you should post the other one >_>;;;
Nekokitty
Allright, if you insist. If I put yaoi on there why not that pic?XD
Edamame
Ling Chan: I love your picture of Hohenheim and Trisha. It is such a poigant and beautiful artwork. Do you have any more artwork?

Sigh, only ten more days until chapter sixty-eight. I really hope that there is more Hoho papa.
Triple Soul
Allright, if you insist. If I put yaoi on there why not that pic?XD
Nyuk nyuk nyuk. >:3

Sigh, only ten more days until chapter sixty-eight. I really hope that there is more Hoho papa.

Wow, so soon? I hope there is, too. Not just for this fangirl, but for the sake of clearing up exactly what the !$*& he was doing at the end of chapter 67...
bluesoul389
I hope this isn't random but My mom's got the hots for Hoenheim.....While we we're watching the FMA movie on my b-day; I was staring at Hiedrich and Ed Elric and out of the bloom my mom pointed at Hoenheim on envy's mouth and cheerely said

"That guy is pretty"

Needless to say I was more than shocked.
Triple Soul
^ Yeeeeees, come to the darkside, bluesoul's mom...nyeahahaha...
sweety_pie
QUOTE(bluesoul389 @ Feb 2 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]500140[/snapback]
I hope this isn't random but My mom's got the hots for Hoenheim.....While we we're watching the FMA movie on my b-day; I was staring at Hiedrich and Ed Elric and out of the bloom my mom pointed at Hoenheim on envy's mouth and cheerely said

"That guy is pretty"

Needless to say I was more than shocked.

Wow. I would have died laughing if my mom had said that.

Okay..Okay back on topic?
Tombow
If you are the Hohenheim X Trisha fan, you got to read chapter 68 of FMA manga!!! biggrin.gif
(Just came out!!!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.