Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About Wrath
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Nicoli Flamel
I've been curious as to something. At the end of the anime, and through out it, the Homuculi say that the only way to die fully for them is to loose all their stones and then be killed. Alright if this is the case, and Wrath ate some, does that mean that he honestly, if not bitten in half by Gluttony, could have lived? And for that matter is it just me or did his decision to die seem a bit OOC. Namely because throughout the anime he wanted to get Ed's limbs and be human. And also would his mother want him to die? I mean yes she tried to kill him in one episode, but then she didn't the rest of the time. It just seems to me that a more interesting ending would have been for him to stay with Winry and be happy. Yes he was still a homuculi, but he seemed to be the most human outside of Lust. But that's for another topic.

NF
Popogeejo
[spoiler]I 'm not certain but I think he had given up on life after Izumi died.
With no chance to reunion with Mum he decided to try and atone for his wrong doing by helping Al. He had nothing to live for and thusly gave up on life. How emo of him.[/spoiler]
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 25 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]451182[/snapback]

I've been curious as to something. At the end of the anime, and through out it, the Homuculi say that the only way to die fully for them is to loose all their stones and then be killed.

[spoiler]I think the fact that Al opened the gate had something to do with him fully dying.
Can someone answer me,... Did Gluttony died too?[/spoiler]
Popogeejo
[spoiler]Yep. Envy, Wrath and Glutts all had their "Souls" put back in the gate and Hoho got squished. All dead sad.gif [/spoiler]

Well I think thats how it wnt down anyway. It was kinda vauge...
His Name is Unknown
I don't think Wrath could have gone on living indefinitely. He seems to be in a weakened state when Winry finds him. Although this could be explained by depression over the loss of Izumi, the later fight with Gluttony makes it pretty clear that Wrath needed more red stones to recover his homunculus traits. I was always under the impression, that if left alone long enough, the homunculus would degenerate back into its original form and slowly die.

And no, I don't think his actions are OOC, especially considering some of his development in the later episodes. He becomes totally devoted to his mother (who at that time he mistakes for Sloth), and after she is killed he wants nothing but to be with her again (bring her back). As she is his only reason for living, it is appropriate that she is his reason for dying as well.
Francesco Carter
Wrath seemed to be weakening day by day. I don't think the stones were much help to him.
r315razor
QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 25 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]451182[/snapback]
I've been curious as to something. At the end of the anime, and through out it, the Homuculi say that the only way to die fully for them is to loose all their stones and then be killed. Alright if this is the case, and Wrath ate some, does that mean that he honestly, if not bitten in half by Gluttony, could have lived? And for that matter is it just me or did his decision to die seem a bit OOC. Namely because throughout the anime he wanted to get Ed's limbs and be human. And also would his mother want him to die? I mean yes she tried to kill him in one episode, but then she didn't the rest of the time. It just seems to me that a more interesting ending would have been for him to stay with Winry and be happy. Yes he was still a homuculi, but he seemed to be the most human outside of Lust. But that's for another topic.

NF

You are correct. He could of lived [spoiler]except for the fact, that when gluttony bit him in half, he threw up the stones, thus taking out his imortality[/spoiler]

Think of it as a Zelda game. The red stones being your life bar (those hearts in the corner) When a humanculi who has eaten the stones comes incontact with parts of their true bodies, they lose their stones, and their power.

But with Wraith it is different. He was created using his entire body, therefor he has no more true body. When Wraith got hurt baddly [spoiler]getting bitten in two he lost his stones, thus giving up his imortality and was then able to die the way he did.[/spoiler]

Weak or not, if he eats the stones, he gets power.. the only reason he seemed weak, was because he didn't have any stones in him.
Arthur-F.Metal4life
man it was nice seeing him sacrafacing to help Al but he wanted to reunite with his mom as once wanted Ed and Al
Amol
QUOTE(Arthur-F.Metal4life @ Feb 18 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]506499[/snapback]
man it was nice seeing him sacrafacing to help Al but he wanted to reunite with his mom as once wanted Ed and Al

His MOM ?
dude he was a homonculie and they dont have MOMs ! laugh.gif
Popogeejo
^Well no one told Wrath that. He still sees Izumi as him Mum and Izumi sees him as her son.
Amol
They tried to them both about the fact , but they dint listen !
GREEDisGOOD
His MOM ?
dude he was a homonculie and they dont have MOMs !

NOT his mom?
Dude, of course Izumi was his mother. Perhaps not biologically, but in just about every other way.
Anomia Grey
QUOTE(GREEDisGOOD @ Sep 14 2007, 08:24 AM) *
His MOM ?
dude he was a homonculie and they dont have MOMs !

NOT his mom?
Dude, of course Izumi was his mother. Perhaps not biologically, but in just about every other way.

Now why does this make me think of an Edward/Dante discussion? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif yet another one for the You Watch Too Much FMA... thread.

The Gate opening after Wrath's stone flooded it, and consequentially helping Wrath rejoin his mother makes sense. Plot hole...filled?
End of the Ouroboros
I don't think what he spewed out was red stones. I think it was just blood. And also how the hell did Gluttony mutate into something like that? ohmy.gifI don't think what he spewed out was red stones. I think it was just blood. And also how the hell did Gluttony mutate into something like that? ohmy.gif
swirlees
And also how the hell did Gluttony mutate into something like that?

...maybe he ate too much or something? but he looked seriously creepy and gross and yucky. but i think they could have thought of a better ending to wrath then being sacrificed to open the gate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.