Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which FMA Fan-made Pairings Can't You Stand, And, Why? *warning: Possible Spoilers*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AlchemyOwnzYou
<REMINDER>

On this thread, please post and tell us which FMA fan-pairings you can't stand, and why. However, please hold your opinion/ranting/bashing/trashing on the PEOPLE (other FMA fans) who like/dislike certain FMA fan-pairings, on this thread, as that is NOT the topic of this thread. ^^

Please remember: On this thread.... Please do state your opinions on FMA pairings, but NOT your opinions on fans of those FMA pairings.

Thank you! smile.gif
~ Board staff

----------------------------

Okay, I personally can't stand:

EdxWinry
AlxWinry
RosexAl
RosexEd

AlxEd
ScieszkaxWinry

Let's see what everyone thinks
Sword Alchemist
I chose RoyxRiza. I'm just not a fan of that pairing.

As for Yaoi, I dont like any yaoi pairing.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
For het pairings, I dislike Roy x Winry...I just can't see it happening. Sorry, but no. [/RoyxRixashipper]

As for yaoi, I cannot stand any yaoi pairings at all. I dislike 99.9 percent of slash. >>;
Nepharski
MariaxBloche - Danny is a lighthearted simpleton in the Manga, and idiot in the Anime. That's all I need to say.

EdxAl - I hate pretty much all Yaoi/Yuri pairings universally, but if there's one thing I think we can all agree on, however, it's that Edward and Alphonse are brothers, people. Brothers.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(AlchemyOwnzYou @ Sep 18 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]448114[/snapback]

Okay, I personally can't stand:

EdxWinry
AlxWinry
RosexAl
RosexEd

AlxEd
ScieszkaxWinry

Let's see what everyone thinks

Sounds like someone hates the girls...

---

Eh, I'm not so much in the 'can't stand' department. But the only one that I seriously can't work out is Roy/Winry. Even in the manga when he didn't kill her parents, their personalities just don't work so well. And it's odd, since normally, I can see Winry easily with just about everyone.

There's the obvious 'cest stuff, but it doesn't sicken me like most.
nataliel
Yaoi - this is such a mockery of the characters!!! mad.gif

EdxWinry - they`re more like brother and sister (but not that i can`t stand it...)
EdxNoah - maybe-maybe... but not perfect;
AlxWinry - they exist one for each other! biggrin.gif
RoyxRiza - pairing is ok, but i just don`t like these two mad.gif
RosexEd - NO! This what i can`t stand! Rose is too weak for Ed;
RosexAl - the same thing (look RosexEd)
RoyxWinry - mad.gif NO and NO! Can`t stand it, too.
ScieszkaxFurey - this one is pretty good smile.gif
Denny BrochexMaria Ross - this one is ok. But not something amazing (like EnvyxLust, for example biggrin.gif )
MeLRizA
Hmm.. I wanted to vote for DennyxMaria (Denny's too stupid for a strong woman like Maria), but RoyxWinry would be a better choice. I don't think this pairing works..

RozexNoah reminds me of Chii and Freya, because of the skin tone and hair colour. They look almost identical to me.
Popogeejo
How is Rose and Noah Yaoi? I'm pretty sure they're ladies...
Automne
QUOTE(nataliel Posted Today @ 06:22 AM)

Envy still looks as gay as a a 'phoque' though.

Ed X Winry and Rose X Winry; the latest has just been strongly bugging me lately.
nataliel
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]448377[/snapback]

QUOTE(nataliel Posted Today @ 06:22 AM)

Envy still looks as gay as a a 'phoque' though.

I don`t get what you mean by 'phoque' (cant find it in dictionary sad.gif )
But, here`s my state about Envy: in FMA he has a role of a "evil clown". On the one hand he`s cold-blooded killer and like to scare people; and on the other hand he likes to joke and fool and be creepy (that`s why he`s dressed like this). And i don`t see any yaoi stuff here!!!

(i hope its not spam... huh.gif )
Automne
It's a french expression: 'gay comme un phoque', to talk about someone who looks and/or acts very gay (effeminate in most cases). I didn't know how to translate this, so I just put the french word, sorry! :x

And you mean, is there any gay stuff about Envy? Well, is there any het stuff to begin with? He's supposed to represent androginy. My take on him (anime-version) is that he's either: bisexual (since he can take on both genders), not interested in sex at all (because, seriously, never saw him get any interest in anyone except when it was to cause them pain), or loves only himself. Personally, I would go with the latest (yah Envy/Hand OTP) .
Colette
Sheska, Winry, Rose, and Noa are guys now? D:

Other for both. GreedxKimbley and EdxMei are the two pairings I dislike.
Vivian Remora
I'd have to say EdxWinry. Above all others.

They act more like siblings than couples, and it just annoys
me to even think about them being together.
They're just not right for each other.

I'd personally perfer Edo with Noah, maybe?

And AlxWinry...I mean, it's the same thing that goes for Ed. They
are just like siblings and there's no way I could think about them
ever being right.

As for Yaoi parings, I like them and so far there isn't
one that I dislike...

Well, I really don't like GreedxAl or ScarxAl...
o_O They're like...twice poor Aru-san's age. He's only 13. sleep.gif
(Poor Al always gets the worst pairings, in my opinion. xD)
Nepharski
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Sep 19 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]448406[/snapback]

Surgery's all the rage these days I hear.
Colette
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 19 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]448450[/snapback]

Surgery's all the rage these days I hear.

I wonder, what will the Winry haters do now?
Ailuro
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]448385[/snapback]

It's a french expression: 'gay comme un phoque', to talk about someone who looks and/or acts very gay (effeminate in most cases). I didn't know how to translate this, so I just put the french word, sorry! :x

Gay like a seal? Wtf? laugh.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]448377[/snapback]

Rose X Winry; the latest has just been strongly bugging me lately.

I crai emo tears for thee! ;_;
Trees Don't Walk
I don't like Roy x Riza either.

Roy is MINE.

*grins*
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Trees Don't Walk @ Sep 19 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]448552[/snapback]

I don't like Roy x Riza either.

Roy is MINE.

*grins*

Actually, he's Hiromu Arakawa's. What are you talking about?

((QUICK! SOMEOMNE BRING IN THE CAVALRY!))
Automne
QUOTE(Ailuro Posted Today @ 04:25 PM)
Gay like a seal? Wtf? laugh.gif

Yay, poor seals and Envy for being compared to one! ;_;

QUOTE(Toby-Chan Posted Today @ 05:22 PM)
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006 @ 08:49 AM)

XP I change my opinion like a thousand times about this sort of pairing...Next thing you know, you'll see me...drawing it! *le gasp*

Toby-Chan
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]448651[/snapback]
QUOTE(Toby-Chan Posted Today @ 05:22 PM)
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 19 2006 @ 08:49 AM)

XP I change my opinion like a thousand times about this sort of pairing...Next thing you know, you'll see me...drawing it! *le gasp*

Can't handle domesticity and sweetness? Wonder what that says about your romantic life. tongue.gif
DantElric
AlxWinry -Okay, I can take Ed being paired up with her, but Al is just too innocent to be paired up with anyone at all, especially Winry. blink.gif

EdxAl -Hello?? They're blood brothers!! 'Nuff zed. XO
ScieszkaxWinry -No no NO!!!! It's just not right!! XO
Automne
QUOTE(Toby-Chan Posted Yesterday @ 10:27 PM)
Can't handle domesticity and sweetness?

[continuing the OT] SO NOT TRUE! I'm now a fan at heart of Hachi and Nana the Queen of S&M!

QUOTE(Toby-Chan Posted Yesterday @ 10:27 PM)
Wonder what that says about your romantic life. tongue.gif

FYI, I've got a very sweet uke whom I love to beat up so nyah. : P

QUOTE(dantelric Posted Today @ 01:04 AM)

So...You like Envy X Wrath...but you think Sciezka X Winry is wrong...Hum.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(dantelric @ Sep 20 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]448688[/snapback]

Lol cuz dey gots vaginas AMIRITE!
AlchemyOwnzYou

Other for both. GreedxKimbley and EdxMei are the two pairings I dislike.

deal with it dry.gif

I ran out of ideas... but if you think really hard and believe in yourself than anything can be possible^_^
Popogeejo
Maybe you could have just named the polls less stupidly? Like "Hetro" and "Homo" perhaps?
Becca-chan
Well I'm not too keen on Roy X Hughes ( mainly because Hughes is a married man..as well as a loving father and Roy is clearly interested in girls)

I don't like the pairings that have a child paired up with someone who's way..way older than them.

Anime Wrath X Envy, for example O.o;
Sin Of Envy
Why are ScieszkaxWinry and RosexNoah on Yaoi list?
I pick RoyxWinry, damn who ever made that up...
And RoyxEd. Yes yes, that popular pairing I can't stand!!!
DantElric
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 20 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]448784[/snapback]

QUOTE(dantelric @ Sep 20 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]448688[/snapback]

Lol cuz dey gots vaginas AMIRITE!

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 20 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]448741[/snapback]

QUOTE(dantelric Posted Today @ 01:04 AM)

So...You like Envy X Wrath...but you think Sciezka X Winry is wrong...Hum.

blink.gif You've got a point, I didn't notice that!

I don't know... I can tolerate yaoi, but not yuri ai. laugh.gif Forgive me, I don't know what's wrong with my mind. Something just bothers me about that pairing.
000_neji
I can't stand all those pairings...They're better off single...
Chiyo
QUOTE(000_neji @ Sep 23 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]449956[/snapback]

I can't stand all those pairings...They're better off single...

Aww I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. 'Excuse me, I don't like the idea of you having anyone, so don't' tongue.gif

RosexEd is a big no no, and not just because I'm an Ed/Win fan but because they just don't work. He's strong and idependant and she would just drag him down. Doubt he'd put up with her. Al would be better with Rose...when he's older.

RoyxEd, because why is teasing each other clearly a sign of sexual desire?
(^-^)sammyxeddy
I agree with chiyo his got a big point about royxed and rosexed good going!
saponin
roy/winry is just wrong, i mean, the guy killed her parents and all! *shudder*

i hate royed even though it's pretty popular among fanfiction writers, but i just dont see where they get the idea. imo roy belongs to riza. tongue.gif and ed is cute with winry. ^^
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(saponin @ Sep 24 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]450548[/snapback]

i hate royed even though it's pretty popular among fanfiction writers, but i just dont see where they get the idea. imo roy belongs to riza. tongue.gif and ed is cute with winry. ^^

Amen.
indeliblesin00
EdXWinry never really made any sense to me, dunno why. xD And Al paired with anyone is just strange. He's too cute and innocent. The best Al pairing would be Al x Ep. 13 Kitty. 0.o"

As for yaoi pairings... really random ones are strange (yet funny xD). Like AlxHei. They never even met. RoyxEd is pretty weird, too.
Migchao
AlxWinry and EdxAl.

I shoukd have ditched AlxWinry and gone for ScarxLust (WORST pairing ever...)
Antimony
I don't like yaoi pairings in general, but Ed/Al just makes my skin crawl and my stomach turn.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Migchao @ Oct 1 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]453803[/snapback]

ScarxLust (WORST pairing ever...)

WRONG! ScarxLust is awesome. And sexy.

And just what's wrong with Al/Winry? D:

RosexEd is a big no no, and not just because I'm an Ed/Win fan but because they just don't work. He's strong and idependant and she would just drag him down. Doubt he'd put up with her. Al would be better with Rose...when he's older.

Now, even as an Rose/Ed fan, I will agree with you there, that it would be exceedingly difficult for them to maintain a long lasting relationship. They might have a brief period of infatuation, maybe something akin to a 'summer romance', would the case be that things ended differently and they were able to assume normal lives, but in the long run, their personalities clash a bit too much, and not in the way that they could compliment each other well enough to function. Ed is a bit too impatient, and I think he'd be much better off with someone he could fight comfortably with. Dealing with Rose would be too much 'pins and needles', and it'd wear on him.

Al on the other hand, has more of a tactful nature and would be able to accomodate and handle a more delicate significant other.
Jellybean
Is RoyWinry really a common enough pairing to get a mention? I've seen tons of fanfiction and doujinshi and I hardly ever come across that one. But I guess I dwell in the yaoi realm too much to know anything about hetero pairings.

All the pairings I hate the most aren't really common enough to be really annoying or anything, but I've come across some gross ones. Anything involving Armstrong will pretty much scar you for life. I'm not a big fan of HughesxRoy either, because no matter how hard fanfic writers try to rationalize Hughes cheating on his beloved wife, it doesn't make sense.

Oh yeah, I loathe EdxRoze and EdxNoah, but I think I've already ranted about that elsewhere, and Toby-chan summed it up nicely.
FMA4ever
Barryx48 - that's just creepy
ScieszkaxWinry - (yuri not yaoi) but yeah, that's a bad one

RoyxWinry - What the hell is that? blink.gif That's just weird.
LoMXD
EdWin
EdNoah
Shura-San
I personally cannot stand

RoyXAl
EdXRose
RoyXRiza
AlXMei
SchezkaXWinry
WinryXRose
EdXHavoc
AlXWinry
or any type of Yuri...

Im a Yaoi and Shounen ai type of guy
irridescentsong
Yay, somewhere where I can rant about the pairings that I hate! Mua ha ha ha ha ha! *cough...HACK* Anywho, in numerical order, yo.

1. EdxWinry. (aka Edwin) Canon it may have been planned, but I honestly don't see it happening. AlxWin is more likely IMHO. Ed doesn't seem like to thype of guy to pay much attention to a relationship, and Winry is too much like a sister to him. Al, sort of the same, but he actually wants to have a girlfriend Winry's been there for the borthers for a loooong time, so it's easier to see them together.

2. RoyxRiza. (aka Royai) More of them same about it being canon -- and this one I can see happening, but I just don't care for it. Mostly because it's a superior officer/ subordinate officer thing, but maybe that's just me. [strike]Besides, Roy and Ed is waa~ay hotter[/strike]

3. NoaxRose. That's just kind of creepy-weird, but I wouldn't hate it if I was a die-hard Rose fan. Which I'm not.

BTW, is there a favorite pairing's thread already, or can I make one?
Chiyo
My main issue with people thinking AlxWinry works is this

[spoiler]When he's not a suit of armour, he's 12 years old[/spoiler]

And yes plenty of pairings threads for you to spread your fangirlish EdxRoy love. biggrin.gif
Colette
irridescentsong:
All pairings
Homosexual pairings

There are others...

QUOTE(Silver Demon @ Oct 8 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]456847[/snapback]

AlXMei
WinryXRose
or any type of Yuri...

*sniffle*

Funderful
RosexEd; You don't really see Rose in the Manga.
I would have voted RoyxWinry, Had I seen it.
I think EdxWinry is much more likely, and although I'm a supporter of the manga Edwin Relationship,
I'm not to fond of that Idea in the anime.
Anime Winry is so whiny...

Yaoi; EdxAl. CREEPY.
Jato
EdxAl? Isnt that..Oh my..good god...
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Jato @ Oct 19 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]462481[/snapback]

EdxAl? Isnt that..Oh my..good god...

Yeah... kind of "Ewww?" in my opinion.
For goodness sakes. Since when does "Brotherly Love" necessarily need to involve sexual desire? blink.gif

Honestly, Elricest is the only pairing that really "bothers" me, even though I enjoy reading some pairings as opposed to others. Ed and Al are close because they share a family bond. Just because they are two incredibly good looking characters (when Al is in human form...) it isn't really an excuse to form a yaoi/incest pairing around them. I really just won't touch this fic with a ten-foot pole.

Most of the others that I have strong opinons *against* are simply because I don't think the pairing "works" in the context of canon (and example of this is Roy/Hughes. It goes against the characters' established personalities IMO.)

However, fanfiction is just that. FICTION. Writers are free to challenge themselves however they want by trying to make odd/obscure pairings work. I've actually read some really well written fic with odd pairings (Ed/Riza comes to mind here...) So I try not to really care too much about it. If a fic is clearly labled "Elricest", I just won't read it.

That's pretty much my mantra for fanfiction: If you don't like the pairing JUST DON'T READ THE FIC!
No need to wank, people. wink.gif
Lysander
That's pretty much my mantra for fanfiction: If you don't like the pairing JUST DON'T READ THE FIC!
No need to wank, people.

-claps- Yes! I've seen so many people waste their time saying how the story is bad just because the pairing is yaoi and yuri... tut, tut, tut...

----------

As for me, the pairing I don't like is EdxWinry because for one thing I can only see them as maybe a brother and sister type of relationship due to the fact that they're childhood friends. As for yaoi/yuri...I'm open to ideas. tongue.gif
Nil-chan
QUOTE(Lysander @ Oct 21 2006, 05:59 AM) [snapback]462571[/snapback]

No need to wank, people.

-claps- Yes! I've seen so many people waste their time saying how the story is bad just because the pairing is yaoi and yuri... tut, tut, tut...

Yeah, I agree. No matter how much i may despise dislike yaoi and yuri, i try not to yell at people who do like it, and i don't read the fanfics of it. Same goes for het pairings i dislike.

Pairings i can't stand:
Het: I don't really like anything involving Rose and or Noa, just cause I don't really like those characters, but the only one i really don't lilke is RoyWin, partially cause those two don't have really compatible personalities in my opinion. (basically, what everyone else said.)That and i'm a royai fan, so yeah.

Yaoi/Yuri: I dislike yaoi in general, but RoyHughes is the one that bothers me the most. Probably cause Hughes is married and i could never see him leaving the wife he's obsessed with for a man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.