Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dante/hohenheim's Stone Creation
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Bader
In the scene in episode 45 "A Rotted Heart", it shows the scene of when Dante and Hohenheim first made the Philosopher's Stone centuries before. I wish we could find out what some of that backstory was because it is obvious that there is one. For example, who was that guy that happened to be there watching that Dante implanted Hohenheim's soul into? How did they get all those red water tanks that ringed the area in that day and age, when glass was rare and hard to find? And how did they go and produce such a massive amount of red water? There are so many questions they they just left hanging there! It's driving me insane! They need to make a new Fullmetal Alchemist series that takes place back then, putting Hohenheim and Dante as the protagonists of the story, and how things were back then.
sweety_pie
They were alchemists, they could have transmuted all that glass.
Red water flows like brooks in Amestris.(ep. 12) They could have found one of these 'brooks'.

And I doubt if they could even make a series all about Hohenhiem, (that is too good.)Because not much is even known about Hohenhiem.(Except that he might have lived for at least 40 years.)
000_neji
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Sep 7 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]443147[/snapback]

Red water flows like brooks in Amestris.(ep. 12) They could have found one of these 'brooks'.

And I doubt if they could even make a series all about Hohenhiem, (that is too good.)Because not much is even known about Hohenhiem.(Except that he might have lived for at least 40 years.)

It's really awesome if they would make a Hohenheim series. For 400 years of his living,he can have as many as million highlights in his life maybe...
Damascus
They created more than one stone, correct? There was the one that was created in that flashback that used those prisoners, and also the one that took Xerxes, which probably was a Grand Arcanum stone, and a lot bigger.
Bader

The only reason the red water flowed in that episode was because of Nash Tringham's work creating the red water, and what you saw "flowing" was basically the same red water being recycled back and forth in a fountain under Mugiar's mansion. It wasn't flowing from the Earth, it had to be created, and at the time it was known that Nash Tringham was the theorist that created that specific type of red water.

And how can you say a series about Hohenheim and Dante's story that led to the creation of their first stone would be bad? There obviously is a lot of backstory that they came up with, and as seen in the current series, they are very good at covering a lot of events within 51 episodes. What would make it even more interesting is that unlike the current Fullmetal Alchemist anime, this one would be a lot darker because Hohenheim and Dante didn't have the same strict set of morals that Al and Ed have, so it would be a lot like in Hellsing with Allucard being the good bad guy, if you catch my drift.

Triple_Soul_Alchemist
*thinks of the possibility of Hohenheim starring in his own anime; fangirlish squealing ensues*

*cough* I'd help you out there, but the more intelligent people gave beaten me to it. >.>; Hehe. Sorry.
Bader
I think it would make an awesome parallel anime, especially since it is guaranteed to sell because of the massive fandome that FMA has spawned. And as long as they keep the same director that they used for the FMA anime series, and have Hiromu Arakawa helping provide some of the backstory, I can see no way that this could go wrong.

And also it would be neat to see an anime that would happen in the Amestris equivilant to our 1500-1600s. For example, Dante mentioned they used the people tried for being witches. Well, wouldn't, to a supersticious society, alchemists be considered witches and wizards? So maybe there was some persecution of Alchemists back then as well.
Bader
Guess nobody agrees... sad.gif sad.gif
sweety_pie
Do not double post!

Bader
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Sep 10 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]444746[/snapback]

Do not double post!

I didn't! Or did I?

[spoiler]I really did![/spoiler]
sweety_pie
Holy crap. That post just made my day. wink.gif
Matt Perry
Backstory on something that has ended is always nice, wanting to know where soemthign comes from is just normal. So, don't wory about it.
Bader
QUOTE(Matt Perry @ Sep 10 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]444782[/snapback]

Backstory on something that has ended is always nice, wanting to know where soemthign comes from is just normal. So, don't wory about it.

Well it's just that they made all this backstory and they have a worldwide audience of FMA fans who will buy whatever they release, as long as it is decent. So I can't see any reason why they would hold back. I mean, look at Bungie and Microsoft with the game Halo. They are milking that cow for all its worth, but they still are building on the story and they aren't making the Halo title crap, so Halo fans, like myself, are still going to buy whatever they come out with.
BboyKnockout
yup yup! exactly! huh.gif laugh.gif
Bader
Yeah.

Some ideas that they could play with is explain where the suit of armor that held Al's soul came from. Perhaps that used to be Hohenheim's back when he was alive in the medieval era of Amestris. If you look at the scene that they were making the Stone, his body was very well built and surely big enough for Al's suit. And since on the suit they have the mark of the alchemists, it must have been either Hohenheims or one of his apprentices (or perhaps masters?) Also, why do they call him Hohenheim of Light? Perhaps there is some deeper backstory to that.

The series could be called "Alchemist of Light" or "Undying Alchemist" or something like that.
Matt Perry
Yes, but that would be to simple. Maybe the creator just wants to leave his masterpiece the way he's done it. And not add on to it.
Bader
QUOTE(Matt Perry @ Sep 10 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]444904[/snapback]

Yes, but that would be to simple. Maybe the creator just wants to leave his masterpiece the way he's done it. And not add on to it.

But why make all this backstory and not use it, when the fans want them to use it?
dahomunculi
the undying Alchemist *gigglesnort* it fits them XD
Bader
Yeah, I think it would be a really neat series. It would go from an anime set in the 1910s to an anime set in medieval-renaisance times. It'd be a nice transition, and maybe it will turn out that the teacher of Dante and Hohenheim was Nicolas Flamel himself, the supposed maker of the original philosopher's stone. There so much they could do...
sweety_pie
Well since Flamel was beleived to have died over 70 years before Paracelsus was born, I doubt he could have tought him, and Dante alchemy....But I geuss there is no proof.
Bader
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Sep 11 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]445430[/snapback]

Well since Flamel was beleived to have died over 70 years before Paracelsus was born, I doubt he could have tought him, and Dante alchemy....But I geuss there is no proof.

Well perhaps the long line of alchemists that Hohenheim learned it from (He HAD to have learned some of it, even Ed and Al needed a teacher) is a line descendant of Flamel and his descendants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.