Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ps3, Wii, Xbox360 Or None?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Popogeejo
Having searched the forum the closest to this topic I found was about the pervious contenders so if this is still a repeat then sorry.

So folks which will you be getting?
The rather tasty Xbox360, the innovative Wii or the...Sony PS3?
I myself shall be geting the Wii as it look damn intresting and is a decent price (Plus it has a Duck Hunt sequal!).

While I don't have much say I'd like to avoid a fan war. I can hardly stop you though so I ask that when arguing the pros and cons or whatever use more than one sentence to explain your view and don't just say "The <console> is the best." without stating why.
Galorfilinde
I'll be getting the Nintendo Wii, definitely. I've always had Nintendo systems, and I love the games. I'm so looking forward to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Kid Icarus and Super Smash Brothers Brawl! There's also going to be a sequel to Duck Hunt? That's awesome! That was my favourite game when I was younger.

The new controller looks very interesting too. I'm looking forward to try it, I can't wait! The price is a plus, but I'd also buy it if it were the most expensive of all. It's just Nintendo for me biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
There's also going to be a sequel to Duck Hunt? That's awesome!

Still [very strong] rumors but this brings me alot of hope.
Packy
There's gonna be a Duck Hunt 2? Yay! The only thing I didnt like about that game was the dog that laughed at you every time you missed a shot. I'll be getting a Wii for sure... I heard there was gonna be a Resident Evil game for it too, but I highly doubt it'll be RE5 which is for the 360 an' PS3... Though I would get a PS3 just to play DMC4!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'll be getting a Wii. Hopefully it's going to have a great price tag and great launch titles. Maybe in a few years I might buy another system, but I hope to be content with this one for a while.
Blitz
I'll most definitely get the Wii at launch. I can't wait to try out that controller in Super Smash Brother Brawl. Also, I'll enjoy downloading N64 games seeing how my brother sold ours a few years ago dry.gif. When the PS3 gets a price cut, I'll be getting it then.
Hanozo
Suprisingly I'm getting Wii and PS3..Since my dad's buying me one for my birthday *partys* and the other I can buy for myself laugh.gif
Ailuro
Wii. Despite its unusual name. tongue.gif
DarkHaze
i want wii..
Popogeejo
I don't get the fuss about the name beyond the childish (and enjoyable) humor. I mean it's better than takng an old name say....Greybox and putting on a number corosponding to it's release order (i.e: Greybox 2) or addnig meaningless numbers like...Greybox720.

Plus by concentrating on the name you:
  • Show you are hung up on image,
  • plainly ignor the more important aspects,
  • Miss all the Vibrator jokes about the controler.
Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
WII!!
im gonna get DBZ tenkaichi 2
Fayth Prophecy
I'm more of a Sony person, and the PS3 looks good, but the price of it may make me wait for a year or so before purchasing it.
Ailuro
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 6 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]442749[/snapback]

I don't get the fuss about the name beyond the childish (and enjoyable) humor. I mean it's better than takng an old name say....Greybox and putting on a number corosponding to it's release order (i.e: Greybox 2) or addnig meaningless numbers like...Greybox720.

Plus by concentrating on the name you:
  • Show you are hung up on image,
  • plainly ignor the more important aspects,
  • Miss all the Vibrator jokes about the controler.

Wait, are you talking to me? blink.gif
It was a joke. I could care less about what the freaking name is.
Popogeejo
I wasn't talking to you as such, I was simply reminded of the folk who actually used that as an argument and went on my ickle rant.

Although it is true that many vibrator jokes were missed...
I'd post a comic but I'm not sure: 1)where it is, 2)if it's to rude.
Colette
Err...Both, hopefully. The Wii first probably.
Keoni
I really want a PS3. Mainly because they're launching a Final Fantasy sequel. Of all the consoles out there, the ps has the most games I like. The 360 only has one game I'd like to play... (DOA4)
But I won't be getting one in november though. It needs to come down in price first. No way I'm going to pay that much for it dry.gif

I never had a nintendo console, so unless it has games I just have to play, I won't be getting a Wii. (Duck Hunt perhaps) biggrin.gif
22-250
I take it I'm the only one who has a 360?
The Lightnig Emperor
smile.gif good for you. you have xbox 360. but for me i have a PC and ps2. and i will buy Ps3
Zarpia
For me is Wii.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
This tech guy from yahoo.com played this game for a couple hours and gave a positive review on it. Here's the link.
Popogeejo
I've heard bad reviews of PS3 HD graphics.
Apprently the backgrounds and terrain look lovely but (taking Gran Turissmo for example) it looks like the cars are hovering over the roads rather than driving on them. The same thing happend with a Basket ball game. The lpayers didn't look like thy were in the same game as the Court.
Basicly it looked like cheap Blue screening...
Vash_the_Gunslinger
The problem with the PS3 is obviously the price and other things. It's going to suck not to be able to play some of the games on that system for awhile. Anyway, I have my $250 saved up for the Wii and an extra $150 for some other things. I can't wait for November 19.
Blitz
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 29 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]452877[/snapback]

This tech guy from yahoo.com played this game for a couple hours and gave a positive review on it. Here's the link.

I saw that article. The guy who reviewed it is obviously a bit overwhelmed by video gaming. He got tired after swinging the Wiimote around.... Also, Nintendo has stated before that the Wii it will NOT be HD and it will support up to 480p but the dumbass didn't do any research before writing the article. And he thinks that there's not a lot of launch titles.... Way off the mark on that one.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 29 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]452938[/snapback]

QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 29 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]452877[/snapback]

I saw that article. The guy who reviewed it is obviously a bit overwhelmed by video gaming. He got tired after swinging the Wiimote around.... Also, Nintendo has stated before that the Wii it will NOT be HD and it will support up to 480p but the dumbass didn't do any research before writing the article. And he thinks that there's not a lot of launch titles.... Way off the mark on that one.

I agree with you on him being overwhelmed by video gaming. He seemed to have a lack of understanding that there are going to be quite a few launch titles.
Untitled
I want all!! (being a very addicted gamer and all..) But I don't think I could get even 1! My computer really cost me alot! And my PSP too!! I don't even have a DS yet! laugh.gif I went for Nintendo and PS3.
The Lightnig Emperor
hmmm good for you.. my brother and i are planning to buy the PS3 or X-box 360 or the Wii...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(The Lightnig Emperor @ Sep 30 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]453178[/snapback]

hmmm good for you.. my brother and i are planning to buy the PS3 or X-box 360 or the Wii...

So you've summed it down to the only three options. Good for you.
r315razor
Wii FTW!
DarkHaze
Shame on me, I want PS3 too now.
000_neji
I want xbox and Ps3 but the prices are too expensive...
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
I'm getting an Xbox 360 this christmas. XD And I won't be complaining about the lack of other game genres like RPG, which is the loner PS3 player's single player waste-all-your-time-on-it type of game. A lot of Japanese game makers, specifically Square Enix and Namco will be making games for the Xbox 360. They've already confirmed 3 RPG games for the Xbox 360 and Final Fantasy XIII might come out on the Xbox 360. This is real info. When I was browsing the newspapers in my school's library I saw Wall Street Journal and there was an article about the gaming industry. That's where I got the info from. Anyway, the Xbox 360 has mighty online gaming capabilities and Sony has yet to match Microsoft's Xbox Live in terms of customers, services offered, reputation, the works. XD And Xbox 360 ain't so expensive compared to the PS3. I heard PS3 will sell games for $80-$100 each. NO WAY! Games for other systems are like half or lower than half of that.

So I'm guessing I'll return to playing consoles with the Xbox 360. I'm currently a PC gamer now, or rather, an online PC gamer.

Anyway, this is my last post before I sleep. There's school tomorrow.
Hugh the Hit Man
The Wii is the best hands down. I mean, every Nintendo game ever made, heck yes! And, if you want a Xbox 360, go buy a computer, they're pretty much the same thing. Except the computer is better...
Surio
Wii, and PS3. I hate Xbox with all my heart and I will always hate Xbox with all my heart.So yeah I am a big fan of Playstation and an even bigger fan of Nintendo. I'm geting Wii for Christmas, and PS3 in maybe... a year?
Shy
PS3 for sure.

Might get the Wii. Maybe. Still thinking about it.
Soujirou
PS3

its the better console, also it will be capable to read PS1 and PS2 games improving its graphics.

the unique defect is that the control doesn´t have the vibration
Popogeejo
also it will be capable to read PS1 and PS2 improving its graphics.

How do you figure that one?
Razzy
I've always loved XBOX, so I want to buy XBOX360. The other reason I want it is because I want Halo 3, being the huge fan of Halo that I am. The graphics, I heard, are going to be awesome!!!! At least it doesn't cost as much money as PS3 does.
gseed
yeah i think im getting a ps3 cause i want one and it has games that appele to me.
Juicy Toot
I'd be getting a Wii first.I'll get the other consles at somepoint.

I'm getting the Wii for a few reasons.

1)It's cheap.And I have little money... >.<

2)The games.I'm really looking forward to Super Smash Bro. Brawl and I've heard of a Duck Hunt add on.(~~Wiiii I can relive my childhood!!)and last but not least,Metroid.I must admit I am a Metroid fan. happy.gif *Tomatoe'd*

3)It comes out a day before my birfday. :3

4)I must be the most weirdest person...but I actually like the name and it's new controler.I'd like to see how the controler does!And if I don't like it I'll just get the gamecube addon.

As for the PS3 and Xbox360...

I'm actually might get the Xbox360 before the PS3.Due to price and I've heard a few good games on it.I'll probably get a PS3 when the price drops or a game I want comes out on it. happy.gif
joanne45
I want to get BOTH; PS3 and WII!
The Lightnig Emperor
well for me i think XBOX360 and PS3.. for christman. but i would stick first to PC gaming.. wait until christmas comes and PS3 and XBOX360 is at hand...
Mudkipblader
I'm a Nintendo fan, so I choose WII.
All the consoles I have are from Nintendo (GBC, GBA and NGC) So add the WII to that list laugh.gif
And I wanna play Twilight prinsess and PKMN: Battle Revolution, and those are for the Wii too, so Wii rocks them all.
Hellfire
Wii.

I am not paying $1000 Australian for a console.

I may get the 360 sometime, I am just not sure when.

But for sure, the Wii. Who wouldn't want it with that wacky controller design and the heart Nintendo seems to place into their games, after slaving over it for hours? Nintendo deserves to be rewarded for good products, by us playing them.
esrz22
Wii for mii. Virtual Console=winnage. As does the Wiimote.
Amol
I think I'd go for a PS3 ... !

Nah i wont do that now.... sad.gif
I just checked the prices.

I think a wii or may be 360 is my choice !
Hellfire
I posted this in a duplicate thread and I am not quite sure how to say this, so, I have re-modified it to add some second thoughts:

I pre-ordered my Wii today, so I will be getting that first..

I have stated this from the start, but despite how much I love Sony, I ain't paying $1000 AUS for a console.

Period. To me, that amount of money to spend on a gaming console alone at a time is absurd and the games adding on top of that, I could be spending quite a bit on Controllers and Memory Cards, reaping even more money out of me. So at the end of the day, considering I get some games and stuff when I buy a console, it would be more that 1000 AUS being reaped out of me.

Maybe when it goes down in price.

The X-Box 360 I might eventually grab, but for now, I much prefer to stick to my Wii. The X-Box was meh-ish in my opinion. The games were alright, although, the controlling of gun-weilders for games like Halo was a real pain in the ass. Nintendo and Sony are the top two for me, but I am getting my Wii.
Amol
QUOTE(Hellfire Alchemist @ Nov 22 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]476754[/snapback]
I have stated this from the start, but despite how much I love Sony, I ain't paying $1000 AUS for a console.

Maybe when it goes down in price.

Same here.
I'm not paying that much for a PS3.
360 is very cheap compared to that.
Fushi
I'm a PlayStation fangirl, and the system has some of my favorite series on it (Final Fantasy and Suikoden) so I'll deifntiely be getting the PS3 once it's a more sensible price.

But I also want the Wii. Because it's cheap, I happen to like Nintendo, and this new fangled wiimote thing seems pretty cool. That and Harvest Moon. 8D

So yeah, hopefully both eventually, but I'm perfectly content with my PS2 still. <3
PUKE
I got an xbox360, and I like it because its got better games IMO.

If I could, I'd get a Wii, though. There are a lot of the unique Nintendo games that you can't get on other consoles.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 22 2006, 06:11 AM) [snapback]476758[/snapback]
Same here.
I'm not paying that much for a PS3.
360 is very cheap compared to that.

You actually have to buy a wireless network adapter for the 360 thats around $100, plus the online service, and if you want the hd dvd drive that's going to cost more. So in the end your going to pay about the same thing.

I just bought a PS3 and im in love and probably will be until the new next gens come out. I've played the 360 with my bro and the games pretty much suck. With the exception of Project Gotham, Gears of War, and Call of Duty 3, I wasn't impressed at all with the game lineup. Now when Halo 3 comes out, that will probably change my views on the 360, but right now the games for the PS3 are just better. They look better and just are better. And the fact that I can still play my Ps2 and 1 games on it is icing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.