Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 63 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Nepharski
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 63 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 11.

===================

WANTED - Have you seen this Panda?

The next chapter in Arakawa's masterpiece are just seven to eight days away, people. We'd best be on our guard for whatever she's serving up this month. Watch as Edward demonstraits his improving artistic abilities! See as Roy masters the finer points of chess. Sit in awe of Marcoh's plastic surgery. Gaze in wonder as Father explains basic math to Envy. Scratch your head as Grummerman is...a ladies man!?!?

You heard it here first.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Aug. 14, 2011>
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 4 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]441572[/snapback]

The next chapter in Arakawa's masterpiece are just seven to eight days away, people. We'd best be on our guard for whatever she's serving up this month. Watch as Edward demonstraits his improving artistic abilities! See as Roy masters the finer points of chess. Sit in awe of Marcoh's plastic surgery. Gaze in wonder as Father explains basic math to Envy. Scratch your head as Grummerman is...a ladies man!?!?

You heard it here first.

I LOL'd! laugh.gif

Best chapter thread intro evar! ( n_n)--b
Colette
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Sep 4 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]441575[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 4 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]441572[/snapback]

You heard it here first.

I LOL'd! laugh.gif

Best chapter thread intro evar! ( n_n)--b

I know, I'm so excited now! =P
Kirara
Noooo my heart can't take the anticipation this early. biggrin.gif
Edamame
I am finally all caught up, so I can actually participate in the discussion when the chapter comes out. Only seven days, thirteen hours, and twenty-nine minutes until the next chapter according to ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemist.
Nepharski
I would have hoped this thread might have had more responses by now. Then again, Chapter 62 didn't leave much to the imagination.
MonsterEnvy
Heh, brilliank itro, Neph. I feel like this chapter is setting off the next major story arc- most likely to the Briggs mountains. Hopefully we,ll geet a plot revelation in this chapter, but it feels like the action won't really start until October. The last few chapters have felt a little slow paced, without a lot of real cliffhalgers. it'd be hard to immediately turn that around, but I am rather curious as to why Ed and Al head north. I sort of doubt that they would follow Mei without Scar noticing, so they must either travel with them, or find their own reasons.
Kirara
Hmm well things that I am looking forward to in chapter 63

•The story moving North: What does this mean
oWell we know the following people are already in the North or are heading towards it: Armstrong’s sister (the general) and Falman
oIt’s not confirmed but I think Hohenheim is also heading to the North
oMei, Scar, Yoki and Marcoh are heading to the North
oEd and Al are looking for Mei. Will they find her and also travel North with the group

oWill Mei teach Ed & Al redanshu? I am not sure if this will happen in chapter 63 but this is the part I am most excited about because we will get to see more of Mei and get to learn more about Xing alchemy.
oScar’s brother’s book. Well that is why they are heading North. What exactly does it say about Amestris Alchemy? Will it reveal Father’s plan?

•The message in the chess piece. This I have no idea about except Dr. Grumman left a message for Roy in the chess set that he gave him and Roy left a message for Dr. Grumman via Madame Christmas. Somehow I don’t think this will be resolved in chapter 63 but I think we should start looking for clues of what this message might contain because we know Arakawa loves to leave clues in this manga for us.
•Will we get to see Riza working for Bradley. Will Riza find out something working for Wrath?

Well these are all things we got from chapter 62. But of course there are those continuous things that keep driving us crazy. I doubt any of these will be answered in chapter 63 but I am throwing them out there anyways.

•Who is Pride?
•What is Sloth doing exactly?
•What will the human sacrifices be used for. What is Father’s ultimate goal?
•What is Hohenheim’s relationship to Father?
•How will Ed and Al get Al’s body back from Truth?

This is all for you Nepharski biggrin.gif
Nepharski
Heh, brilliank itro, Neph

It's a living. wink.gif
QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 5 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]442202[/snapback]

Hmm well things that I am looking forward to in chapter 63

•The story moving North: What does this mean
oWell we know the following people are already in the North or are heading towards it: Armstrong’s sister (the general) and Falman
oIt’s not confirmed but I think Hohenheim is also heading to the North
oMei, Scar, Yoki and Marcoh are heading to the North
oEd and Al are looking for Mei. Will they find her and also travel North with the group

One other note: Envy confirmed for Marcoh that the North was "Next."
This is all for you Nepharski biggrin.gif

You people spoil me. Honestly, you do.
Chiyo
There are many many questions that need to be answered, and although that may take a while I hope this chapter offers something. I want to see more of Ran-Fan still, I like her character and I wonder if she'll manage to 'save' Ling.
Kirara
One other note: Envy confirmed for Marcoh that the North was "Next."

Oh I forgot about that. It seems the North might be where the climax of the story takes place. Although I think they will all go back to Central before the end.
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 6 2006, 06:23 AM) [snapback]442457[/snapback]

There are many many questions that need to be answered, and although that may take a while I hope this chapter offers something. I want to see more of Ran-Fan still, I like her character and I wonder if she'll manage to 'save' Ling.

I was wondering about her as well. She obviously won't be heading North based on her condition. So will she go to Rush Valley alone or just disappear for a while and show up later with a new arm?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Sep 6 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]442491[/snapback]
I was wondering about her as well. She obviously won't be heading North based on her condition. So will she go to Rush Valley alone or just disappear for a while and show up later with a new arm?

That would be my guess. Mind you, it would be a great while; took Edward one year to recover, and even with Ran Fan's pledge to go it in 6 months, that's a hefty segment of time.
riza hawkeye 9
i guess ran-fan will be reading to rush valley since she's a motive to let winry shows up in the story again ... and i don't think she will be there waiting for six months ..she will probably follow everybody and go to the north ....i 'm wondering if everybody is goingo to the north too ? like riza now she is fuhrers aide or roy because he wasnt sent to anywhere ... i guess both of them will continue in the central ...i'm sad because now these two won't have much scenes togheter sad.gif .... but i hope arakawa sensei put them togheter sonn again ^^
in chapte 63 i think we wil seen more of roy's intentions with that message ans of course more about ed and al since the two of then dindn show up much in the last chapter ^^
oh i have a doubt
anyone could tell me or give the link where i find the information telling that liutenet general grumman is riza's grandfather ???
thanks

5 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes, and 43 seconds left until
Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 63!! blink.gif
GS4Life
I so hope RanFan does something, I don't want her to be dropped for five or six or more chapters. Another question that I'll raise and hopefully be answered soon is why are the Higher Ups of the military aligned with King Bradley, even though they know what will happen, heck they're the ones conspiring it. I wonder if the Higher ups were those mysterious men who injected the Philosopher Stone into Bradley. Are they even human at all? I've been thinking about this every since I brought Volume 9 from the stores and read about the whole deal with Maria Ross. Right now Ed Al and Roy are being blackmailed, Roy's subordinates are seperated and probably won't be of much help aside from Riza. However no one can make a safe move against the military. If Armstrong did that would put Riza in danger, or Bradley might force Roy or the Elrics to dispose of him. A "Kill Armstrong or Riza/Winry dies" type situation is not a good place for Armstrong to be in. I'm thinking that if Greed does betray The Father like the previous Greed did, then he'll be blackmailed too with RanFan and all, but RanFan is probably going to have to keep a low profile anyways. Scar and Mei are heading out so they can't do anything as of now either. Since everyone seems to be heading out anyways, I guess it comes down to biding time from objective sandpoint, but who will it benefit, the Good Gus, or the Homunculus?
Nepharski
Whether or not you want Ran Fan in the next few chapters or not, if she's going to be getting a functional arm, she will drop out for a time.

As far as the Military is concerned, they've been working with Father this whole time, if only for a piece of the inevitable power. Of course, Father has no problem disposing of useless pawns, so odds are they'll be delt with eventually too.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 7 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]442730[/snapback]

Whether or not you want Ran Fan in the next few chapters or not, if she's going to be getting a functional arm, she will drop out for a time.

Actually the fact she has to stay put may become key. What I mean is when we go back to her we see whats happening where she is rather then all the action happen in Central or North.
Kirara
Sad as I may be about it I think I have to agree with Nepharski. If Ranfan is going to get automail she is not going to play a large part in the story (at least not in the action of it). You might even say she played her part. That's not to say we won't see her again I just don't see her as a major player.

Remember other characters have left the story too, Maria Ross, even Havoc. We might see them from time to time but their situations stop them from playing huge parts in the story. It would be unrealistic for Havoc to be in the action since he is now paralysed. Same with Ranfan who will be going through automail surgery. It's not pleasant she is not going to just wake up and be ready to fight. And since the story has been moving practically on a day to day basis it won't leave Ran fan much time to heal.
Animeoldtimer
Where has Armstrong been assigned?
Kirara
Where has Armstrong been assigned?

As far as I remember he is still in Central. Armstrong is not one of the Roy-tachi so he was not reassigned.
riza hawkeye 9
ONLY ROY , RIZA AND ARMSTRONG STAYED IN THE CENTRAL ... BUT I THINK THEY WILL SOONER OR LATER GOING TO THE NORTH ...ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ALL THE ACTION IS HEADING TO THERE .. BUT IT MAY TAKE I LITLLE WHILE ...AS ROY WILL STAY IN THE CENTRAL ALL THE TIME THE FUHRER KEEP RIZA THERE SO HE WONT' BE ABLE TO DO CRAZY THINGS ...THATS WHAT I THINK
Automne
QUOTE(riza hawkeye 9 Posted Today @ 08:37 AM)
ONLY ROY , RIZA AND ARMSTRONG STAYED IN THE CENTRAL ... BUT I THINK THEY WILL SOONER OR LATER GOING TO THE NORTH ...ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ALL THE ACTION IS HEADING TO THERE .. BUT IT MAY TAKE I LITLLE WHILE ...AS ROY WILL STAY IN THE CENTRAL ALL THE TIME THE FUHRER KEEP RIZA THERE SO HE WONT' BE ABLE TO DO CRAZY THINGS ...THATS WHAT I THINK

Popo...Where are you?
riza hawkeye 9
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 7 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]442953[/snapback]

Popo...Where are you?

????????? WHAT ?????? huh.gif
ElvishVamp
Personally, I think the characters who have kind of disappeared for the time being will play at least a minor role later in the series. It's still a bit early for that though...*angst angst emo emo* I miss Havoc! T_T

Anyway, I think Roy might try to do what he can from Central. Given, that might not be much, but it's still something. I've been wondering, have Ed and Al told anyone about what happened with Gluttony yet? I mean, the only time they saw Roy after that they kind of took his money and ran off...

I really hope Hohenhiem is in this chapter! I wonder if he found whatever he was looking for yet.
Tombow
It probably has no relevance to the story right now, but I'd love to see Gling!! tongue.gif

OT:
QUOTE(riza hawkeye 9 @ Sep 7 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]442975[/snapback]
????????? WHAT ?????? huh.gif
Cap-Lock was on?? biggrin.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 7 2006, 06:30 AM) [snapback]442896[/snapback]

Sad as I may be about it I think I have to agree with Nepharski. If Ranfan is going to get automail she is not going to play a large part in the story (at least not in the action of it). You might even say she played her part. That's not to say we won't see her again I just don't see her as a major player.

She could still play a part, but it will be after a long hiatus if it's a action role. Someone like Maria Ross, on the other hand, could just come back any time for certain reasons.
Kirara
I think we might see Maria Ross again in the end but I got from Arakawa's interview on the ZOMGFTA site that Maria and Havoc were departing characters. Though I suppose that's not to say she couldn't find another use for them in the story (I definitely expect to see Havoc again).
Buddi-chan
Wow, it's almost that time again? That went fast...

Am I the only one who's itching for some action? Some Greedling maybe? laugh.gif I also want to see what Gumman's up to... hmm...

4 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes, and 26 seconds! *Waves flag*
Colette
This wait feels short compared to the rest. And I am one of many praying to see Greed again!

I mean, waiting for Chapter 55 was the hardest thing I've ever done. I almost died. xD
Buddi-chan
Yeah, I can imagine. I just started reading the manga the middle of last month (wow, it feels like forever!), so I've only had one chapter to wait for so far. And, again, that lack of action thing... everything's been in a kinda lull lately. I mean, interesting, yes, but not truly riveting, since there's a lack of immediate danger to any of the characters.

The fact that it went so fast can also be attested to the fact that the last few weeks have been bedlum for me, moving into college and all... not much time to think about FMA manga, hehe.
Antimony
I wish I had something interesting to say ... 4 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes, and 20 seconds left!

The action is already starting to pick up again. Now Ed and Al need to catch Mei again and get her on their side, but getting her away from Scar can't be easy. Chances of a highly destructive alchemy battle are very high. Hopefully they'll reach an agreement now that Scar's objective has changed, and maybe even the notebook will be mentioned.
MonsterEnvy
As far as Havoc goes, I'm crossing my fingers for Mei (or possibly Ed, in a later chapter) to *clap* and rentanjutsu him all back together. As long as his legs are still part of his body (ie, connected to his bloodstream) the 'cycles' shouldn't stop flowing, so he could return to the story as a major character- doubly so because he's no longer part of the 'Roy-tachi' officially.Perhaps we'll even have a faked death... but, no, Maria Ross had that.

^Heh, a Mei+Scar v Al+Ed with Marcoh running around faceless and Yoki diving for cover. Sounds funfunfun!!

For Greedling, I daubt that we'll see him around until the last (next) story arc. Persanally, I think that there will be two more- in the North, the one that we're just starting, and the last, in Central again. It'd probably be short- essentially, the last face-off of the homunculi and various protagonists. Perhaps I've just been poisoned by the anime... that's how it ended, after all, but it just feels really logical.

Better start counting on Arakawa-sensei completely surprising me. No doubt I'm utterly wrong.

Nice- I hope we get our hands on a RAW soon. This chapter should be important, if not necessarily exciting.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Sep 7 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]443145[/snapback]

This wait feels short compared to the rest. And I am one of many praying to see Greed again!

I mean, waiting for Chapter 55 was the hardest thing I've ever done. I almost died. xD

Well, this seems to be the start of a new story arc, you know? Chapter 62 was rather passive, if informative, like a breather. It's easier to wait when you're not faced with a cliff-hanger.
riza hawkeye 9
[quote name='Tombow' date='Sep 7 2006, 06:19 PM' post='443004']

:[/quote]Cap-Lock was on?? biggrin.gif
[/quote]

sorry about that tongue.gif

2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 3 seconds left until
Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 63!!

just what i have to say !!!! biggrin.gif

Banana-chan
um...where do you download the chapters?? because i only read up to chapter 60 sad.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Banana-chan @ Sep 8 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]443728[/snapback]

um...where do you download the chapters?? because i only read up to chapter 60 sad.gif

Shiggidy-shiggidy-shwah? <- Omg, crappy download link alert!

On another note, I have no problem converting this thread to the official spoiler thread when the day comes, if only because posting has been so scarce these days.
Antimony
That's a good idea, Nepharski. Who knows, maybe the new chapter will wake everybody up a little and cheer us up from the back to school blues. smile.gif
ElvishVamp
I realize this probably won't happen this chapter, but I wonder how Ed will react to Scar's brother's book. I mean, he said there was something wrong with the country's alchemy and that's exactly what Ed and Al are trying to figure out: what's wrong with it.
MonsterEnvy
Yes, I agree with Neph. We needed a spoiler thread for things like the chapter with Greedling and the tattoo because a scanlation was slow in coming and the chapters were really eventful. Now that we're at the beginning of a story arc there isn't as much to really spoil- the spoiler party is more a hindrance than a help.

Banana-chan, listen not to Nepharski! The scans are better here. (unless you can't download stuff either... then go with his link.)
Nepharski
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Sep 9 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]444233[/snapback]
Banana-chan, listen not to Nepharski! The scans are better here. (unless you can't download stuff either... then go with his link.)

Better? How can you be better than yourself? FMAV.2 simply hosts ZOMGFTA's work download-free.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 9 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]444405[/snapback]

Better? How can you be better than yourself? FMAV.2 simply hosts ZOMGFTA's work download-free.

But that makes it seem more illegal. tongue.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 9 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]444406[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Sep 9 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]444405[/snapback]

But that makes it seem more illegal. tongue.gif

What, all of a sudden? Plenty of people here have hosted links to that site (or rather, it's predecessor) with no Hell to pay.
Ailuro
I was kidding. huh.gif

Mods don't always have to be serious. Haha?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 9 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]444503[/snapback]

I was kidding. huh.gif

Nah, I hear ya.
Tombow
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 9 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]444503[/snapback]
I was kidding. huh.gif

Ailuro-san not being serious??? blink.gif
Just kidding!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

So, will it be leaked out tomorrow??? biggrin.gif
(My wishfull thinking!!! laugh.gif )
Colette
Is the raw out yet?

I really, really want this chapter to focus onGreed the homunculi. But I wouldn't mind a nice North related one either.
Kirara
You know how people were saying this chapter was easier to wait for well for me that's not true at all. I am dying here. tongue.gif

And sadly the raw is not out yet. Hopefully it will be out by tonight.
Nepharski
I take back my previously peeved off comments. When I saw the slash, I'd thought the link had been removed. Still intact, though, so no harm done.
Kirara
Here is a direct download to chapter 63 everyone

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yin56j
Rinslet
ooh... really need translation, thanks for sharing =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.