Well I listen to about a couple which are stuck in my head now laugh.gif
Matt Perry
I've heard of him, and.. In typically.. he looked female sometimes. sad.gif
Hanozo
lol yea I agree with you
ScarMySoul
IPB Image

He sure is a very pretty man.

I love the song on FF DOC.... I'm like inlove with that song lol.
Packy
^Redemption and Longing, right?

When I first showed my brother the music video for 'Vanilla', he thought he was a girl... I like some of his songs though happy.gif
Fushi
I'm a teeny bit Gackt obsessed. He's not my favorite artist, but I love a lot of his songs. My favorite is Mind Forest.

He be a sexy androgynus beast. :3
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Sep 3 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]441144[/snapback]

^Redemption and Longing, right?

When I first showed my brother the music video for 'Vanilla', he thought he was a girl... I like some of his songs though happy.gif

Yeah redemption is my favorite of the two. My favorite song overall by Gackt is Love Letter.

smile.gif
Edamame
Gackt certainly is one eccentric singer. He has an incredible voice and vocal range. While he is not my favourite singer, I do enjoy his music. Some of songs are pretty bizzare, but he does have some lovely ballads. His duet with Hyde in "Orenji no Taiyou" was gorgeous. I'm listening to Mizerable as I'm typing. I have still yet to hear Redemtion and Longing.
Galorfilinde
Yay, a Gackt thread!
Yeah, I totally love his music! He sings with so much passion and emotion. Some songs like Saikai ~Story~ and Last Song really touched me. As well as his instrumental duet with Kami-sama, they made me cry... But I also love his rock songs, like Redemption, Dybbuk or Dispar.
And about the looks... he's so beautiful, definitely one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. I'd love to see him once without all the 'glitter and glamour' and the coloured contacts though. But, no matter what he wears, I love his looks XD I loved most of his costumes too when he was with Malice Mizer.

I've heard he's going to start a band with Yoshiki, who used to be the drummer of X Japan. I don't really know what to expect from them, but I've heard Yoshiki is a great drummer. I do wonder what will happen to GacktJob though. I'd really miss them, they're such a great band together... But I think it will be refreshing. Maybe they will be a visual band? happy.gif
What are your thoughts about this? And does anyone have more info?
ScarMySoul
I was watching a video for Gackt on YouTube for Love Letter, and it was the nicest video I've seen in a while. I should find it again and post it here...

smile.gif

Love Letter
Slashrose1010
I have heard that Gackt may pair up with Yoshiki of X Japan as well.

I am not really a fan of Gackt. He can sing pretty well, though his over the top vibrato can be too much for the song that he is singing sometimes. I don't really like his style most of the time. I also liked the instrumental duet with Kami (entitled Regret). But I don't really like the idea of Yoshiki teaming with Gackt.

How does one go from playing with a power/vk metal band like X, to working with one of the most famous drummers (he has done work with Roger Taylor of Queen) to a lame pop singer like Gackt? Maybe he's depserate for the money. Haha.
Galorfilinde
I don't think they'll do it for the money. That would be such a lame reason, and a huge disappointment to me. It has been said they already wanted to work together for a long time.

I found some new info, but I'm not sure it's from reliable sources:
It is said that they'll form a 'Visual Kei Superband'. Can't wait to see them in their costumes laugh.gif I've read You and Chacha from GacktJOB will cooperate too, but I'm really not sure if that's true. I hope so though biggrin.gif I love those two. The recording will begin in 2007.

Good news (at least to me): They won't really form a band. It's just a single project, so that means Gackt won't leave GacktJOB behind. I'm so relieved!

You can read a short article about it here, and another one here

According to that article, they'll do a US tour. Good news for the American fans! But I hope they'll come to Europe too, and not just the US. Gackt has promised to do an Europe tour, and he has mentioned France. I hope he'll visit more countries though. Germany would be fine with me, I really don't think he'll come to my country (the Netherlands). J-rock seems to be pretty popular in Germany... Well, I guess the European fans will just have to wait and see what happens...
MeLRizA
Gackt is one of my favourite singer. He's got a great voice and I really like the fact that he pours his heart out into his singing. I <3 the outfits that he wears in his MVs, they're so cool.

By the way, these what I've found.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

They're from this website. Linky And guess who is that guy.

I didn't know that Gackt was the model for Squall and Cloud until my buddy told me about it. blink.gif
Sharingan Serpent
I heard that Gackt also teamed up with Ayumi Hamasaki singing silent night

I like him because of some of the songs that he sings happy.gif Like Last Song, Lust For Blood and Redemption
Tombow
@MeLRizA - I like Gackt, too!! And, thanks for posting the pics!! ...but...instead of pics, I'm seeing signs. sad.gif
It looks like you did hotlink those pics, and they sem to mind that. (That's what the sign says)
Could you save those pics on your computer, then post them again as attachments?? biggrin.gif

ETA: @MeLRizA - Thanks for reposting them!! happy.gif
MeLRizA
Yeah, Story, Last Song and Redemption are really cool songs.

@ Tombow: Ok, here they are happy.gif
Keoni
@ MeLRizA: hmmm. I didn't know that either! That's actually kinda cool biggrin.gif is Squall fangirl

I'm not really obsessed with him, but I do like his music. i like the feeling I get listening to his songs.
Galorfilinde
Greeneyes is right, Gackt did that song with Ayumi Hamasaki. You can watch the song Silent Night here. I think his accent sounds funny, but cute XD
And here is another Christmas song with Gackt and Ayumi: Itsuga no Merry Christmas. I like this one better happy.gif

I guess you could call me slightly obsessed.. laugh.gif
Hanozo
QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ Sep 21 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]448748[/snapback]

Greeneyes is right, Gackt did that song with Ayumi Hamasaki. You can watch the song Silent Night here. I think his accent sounds funny, but cute XD
And here is another Christmas song with Gackt and Ayumi: Itsuga no Merry Christmas. I like this one better happy.gif

I guess you could call me slightly obsessed.. laugh.gif

laugh.gif the videos got me to chuckle a little tongue.gif

Anyways I listened to WhiteEyes and I think its real good smile.gif
ScarMySoul
I like the new single that Gackt has out called No ni Saku Hana no Yo. Such a great song. happy.gif
Lee_1995
So that's the reason why! The very first time I saw Gackt was at a live Japanese show entitled "Muzic Station" (I think),there I could see he was,well,a "he" of course! But when I saw a music video his "he" turned to "she",I have no idea why...
ゆきえいり
Well, I haven't heard alot of Gackt's songs, but I must say, he is prolly the best Japanese male vocalist I have ever heard. Just watched Love Letter. That's such a sad song. But I love the vid and the music!!!!!
Melriza WOAH!!!!! That's so cool!!! Nice pics!!!!
Fushi
QUOTE(Why @ myself XD)
I'm a teeny bit Gackt obsessed. He's not my favorite artist, but I love a lot of his songs. My favorite is Mind Forest.

I change my mind! ohmy.gif Emu ~For My dear~ is my fav! ><

Seriously tho, listening to Emu....I'm inclined to think it's his best song. Just greatly composed and beautifully sung. I get a lot of inspiration just listening to it. <3
ゆきえいり
Haven't heard that one. I shall listen! I'm currently obsessed with Lapis and Last Song. It just kinda captures me.
ScarMySoul
I'm obsessed with his song Vanilla.... I like the original version over the accoustic... but I love the music and I have the video on the dvd that has all of his videos up til now and I could watch that video all day.....

[/me thinks I need my gackt sig and avi back haha laugh.gif]
ゆきえいり
Ooh. Vanilla. I was singing that in the shower, and then mymum came in and yelled at me! happy.gif Not because I was a bad singer though, because I had sang that waaaay too much lately!!!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 11 2007, 05:58 AM) [snapback]528516[/snapback]
Ooh. Vanilla. I was singing that in the shower, and then mymum came in and yelled at me! happy.gif Not because I was a bad singer though, because I had sang that waaaay too much lately!!!

laugh.gif that's great...

I'm listening to his song Black Stone right now. That's another good one, and I really like the video for that one as well.
ゆきえいり
Never heard it. But I need to!!!! Gah!!!! My husband *slaps Dimitri* won't let me listen to Gackt!!!!! *hits more*

Dimitri- My wife is chaoticly weird "she hits me more" she called me demanding i can't even go out to corner store without her screaming at me she is a hard a$$

Caro- I am APPAULED!!!!!!!!! *Pushes Dimitri off a cliff* Go die!!!!
Fushi
QUOTE(Yuki)
Haven't heard that one. I shall listen! I'm currently obsessed with Lapis and Last Song. It just kinda captures me.

Tadaaaa

I normally don't post links to songs, but this is how much I love this one and want everyone to hear it. smile.gif

And here's the translation by the awesome Mina-P.

I'm also very fond of 'dears' now. It was one of the first Gackt songs I ever heard, yet, I never really appreciated it till this year. I blame reading the translation. Since I've read the translation, it seems like a completely different song.

Heehee, I believe Vanilla was the first Japanese song I actually memorized and could sing without listening to it as I was doing so. That was back in grade 10 tho, so I can't do it anymore. XP
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 11 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]528612[/snapback]
Never heard it. But I need to!!!! Gah!!!! My husband *slaps Dimitri* won't let me listen to Gackt!!!!! *hits more*

Dimitri- My wife is chaoticly weird "she hits me more" she called me demanding i can't even go out to corner store without her screaming at me she is a hard a$$

Caro- I am APPAULED!!!!!!!!! *Pushes Dimitri off a cliff* Go die!!!!

hahahaah that's cute..... I myself was just tired of randomly finding Gackt songs and making cds so I just bought the Filmography DVD that has his videos from 1999 - 2006.

It'd be a wonderful investment laugh.gif

My husband does like the fact that I collect manga/anime/japanese movies because of the expensiveness (is that a word?) and he gives me crap all the time. I had this picture of Gackt on my computer as a wall paper and he was like wow that's an attractive woman and I was like HA! I knew you liked the men! and he was like wait that's a dude?

laugh.gif

@ Fushigi the only songs that I can sing in Japanese are Ai no Uta, Love Letter, and Kimini Aitakute (I hope I spelled that right) .... That last song by Gackt is up there with Vanilla on my obsession list laugh.gif
ゆきえいり
Fushigi Thanks so much!!! I really like it! Now it's stuck in my head on repeat! happy.gif
Scar lol. He's not my real husband! happy.gif I have a computer project, and he's my partner. So, I randomly dubbed him my husband, even though he considers us lovers. But, I'll never have a husband...
I love it when people see a Jap Jrocker and think it's a sexy chick, when really it's a dude. =D Your husband does that? Cool! I have a really good Gackt vid that I'll post up here!!!!!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 11 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]528868[/snapback]
Fushigi Thanks so much!!! I really like it! Now it's stuck in my head on repeat! happy.gif
Scar lol. He's not my real husband! happy.gif I have a computer project, and he's my partner. So, I randomly dubbed him my husband, even though he considers us lovers. But, I'll never have a husband...
I love it when people see a Jap Jrocker and think it's a sexy chick, when really it's a dude. =D Your husband does that? Cool! I have a really good Gackt vid that I'll post up here!!!!!

Hahahahaha well then, I was all confused then lol.... Yeah he does that.... laugh.gif
ゆきえいり
Scar Neat-o! *wink* And Dimitri (husband) just got an account. He got me in trouble! Oh! Do you know where I could download Gakt's Love Letter MP3?
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 12 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]529373[/snapback]
Scar Neat-o! *wink* And Dimitri (husband) just got an account. He got me in trouble! Oh! Do you know where I could download Gakt's Love Letter MP3?

You can get it on Limewire, i got mine from myspace but if you don't have access to those I can send you the file on an e-mail smile.gif
ゆきえいり
That would be really nice. I'm not allowed to have either. Not even this. I'll PM you my email adress.
I still need to upload the Gackt vid...
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 12 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]529564[/snapback]
That would be really nice. I'm not allowed to have either. Not even this. I'll PM you my email adress.
I still need to upload the Gackt vid...

lol okay well its been sent... smile.gif
ゆきえいり
How long has Gackt been singing? I've always wondered that....
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 13 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]529722[/snapback]
How long has Gackt been singing? I've always wondered that....

You can go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gackt

That has everything on him that'd you'd want to know happy.gif
ゆきえいり
lol. Yeah. Wow, that's really long....I sing, but not professionally...I want to see his movie Moon Child. It looks really good.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 13 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]529801[/snapback]
lol. Yeah. Wow, that's really long....I sing, but not professionally...I want to see his movie Moon Child. It looks really good.

Excellent movie.... in my profile my quote is about that movie haha.... I got it on eBay....
ゆきえいり
Scar I've seen the beginning so far. I'm watching it on youtube. It's really good. Hyde makes a great vampire. Never knew Gackt could act. They're both amazing! Oh, I didn't get the email from you. Dunno why.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 15 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]530582[/snapback]
Scar I've seen the beginning so far. I'm watching it on youtube. It's really good. Hyde makes a great vampire. Never knew Gackt could act. They're both amazing! Oh, I didn't get the email from you. Dunno why.

hmmmmmm I sent it to the e-mail you sent to me and it went through send me your e-mail again and I'll try again. laugh.gif
ゆきえいり
^ Thanks. It might be my adress or something. I'm not sure. Man, I really want this Gackt DVD, but I can't find it anywhere!!!! I think it's called...The Best Filmogrophy Ever Red & Blue...Or something like that. It looks good though. I'm watching Moon Child. It's a great movie so far.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 16 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]531129[/snapback]
^ Thanks. It might be my adress or something. I'm not sure. Man, I really want this Gackt DVD, but I can't find it anywhere!!!! I think it's called...The Best Filmogrophy Ever Red & Blue...Or something like that. It looks good though. I'm watching Moon Child. It's a great movie so far.

Yeah i have the red and I got it on eBay.... that's the best way to go lol... did you try amazon?

Hey can you send me your e-mail again? thanks!

try here for the dvds:
http://www.animecastle.com/c-18822-gackt-music-videos.aspx
ゆきえいり
Scar Thanks! That's a major help! I'll send you my other email adress. Apparently the one I gave you is acting up. It won't let me send any attachments or recieve them. dry.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 18 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]532246[/snapback]
Scar Thanks! That's a major help! I'll send you my other email adress. Apparently the one I gave you is acting up. It won't let me send any attachments or recieve them. dry.gif

Okay I'm going to try and send it now smile.gif
ゆきえいり
Scar And I'll go check.

Moon Child is a sad movie. It's my favorite Japanese movie. Ever.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 18 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]532396[/snapback]
Scar And I'll go check.

Moon Child is a sad movie. It's my favorite Japanese movie. Ever.

Yeah there's a few moments where I got all teary lol.
ゆきえいり

I don't get teary over anything. happy.gif But, it was sad. Sadder than R|E|N|T. And that's a pretty sad movie.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Apr 19 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]532854[/snapback]

I don't get teary over anything. happy.gif But, it was sad. Sadder than R|E|N|T. And that's a pretty sad movie.

laugh.gif I never saw R|E|N|T but then again I really didn't want too. I got your e-mail about the song working for you so I hope your happy biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.