Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'd Like To Be A Voice Actress...and You?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Eden Elric
I don't think this topic has come up before, as I searched and didn't see it. If I missed it, I'm horribly sorry, and this topic can be closed. But if it hasn't...here goes....

Have any of you guys ever thought about doing voice acting yourselves? I'm seriously considering doing it. As an actress and singer, not to mention, anime addict, I'd really love to try it. (I've even been given some encouragement by Christopher Sabat the VA of Vegeta/Piccolo from DBZ & Louis Armstrong from FMA!)

Have any of you ever thought about voice acting? And what tips do you guys know of if any?
Edowado-Kun
I would but at the moment Im aiming at
drawing anime for a living.
Nepharski
Doubt I'd take it on as a permanent career, but given the chance I'd happily talk for some character(s), like a side-job or guest appearance.
Jen_Elric
OMG!! I want to be a VA! I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I have been reading up on it as much as I can. Can anyone give me pointers? Or let me know who I can talk to about this?
Automne
I thought about this before, and concluded it sure would be fun. I tried over some FMA characters, and I'm not bad at it, well, better than most of the french VAs, who are most of the time very bad...
Fushi
I would want to voice act. Not as permanent career (VAs make very little money D: ) but as a side job.

But I don't think I'd be that good. i often record my own voice and sometimes I think I lay it on too thick or I sound like I'm trying too hard =/

I once tried to get into the internet radio play stuff, but my mike sucked. D: and I was never on enough at the time.
Popogeejo
Only if it was an anime I didn't like the sound of.

I can't stand to hear myself (<self loating comment>) so it would ruin the show for me.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
It would fun, but I rather pursue a different career. Plus, physically I can't be an actress. tongue.gif
Popogeejo
Plus, physically I can't be an actress.

It's a basic operation...also shouldn't it be "Biologicly" I can't be an actress?
InsaneFangirl
I already made the decision to audition. I just don't know how to get started.
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 3 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]441312[/snapback]
I can't stand to hear myself
Me, too!! tongue.gif
(I mean, I can't stand to hear myself!!)
Yap, that would ruin the anime for me!! laugh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
^^^ ME THREE!!!

But i would do a small cameo appearance, just so i can say that i was a voice for an anime. granted if i did it, iwould never watch it bc i would know that its me and i sound cheesy laugh.gif
Edamame
I used to be really into acting when I was younger and thought about voice acting. I think that it would be a neat career, but its something that I will never pursue. It does look rather fun though.

Jen_Elric: If you are serious about voice acting one of the first things to do is find yourself an agent who can get you auditions. I also think that it is necessarey to have previous acting experience before you decide to look into voice acting. Best wishes!
Galorfilinde
I think voice acting would be very fun. If I had the chance, I'd certainly grab it. But, well, most Dutch versions of anime series sound very lame. I hope I'd sound a little better XD
DantElric
Yes, sounds like fun!!! And I've always loved doing voices. I always blurt out random quotes. laugh.gif
Chiyo
I think it would be fun, but only with certain characters. I don't think I could play a hyper character.
Anime-Kat2002
I don't think I would have a problem being any type of character. I think it would be fun! ^-^
DarkHaze
It would be cool to be one
Quistis88
I chose the last choice. I think I would be better at writing the parts than acting them out. tongue.gif
nataliel
It must be GREAT!!! I would make it my second profession.
I would like to voice VILLAINS!!! laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
QUOTE(Edamame @ Sep 4 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]441678[/snapback]

Jen_Elric: If you are serious about voice acting one of the first things to do is find yourself an agent who can get you auditions. I also think that it is necessarey to have previous acting experience before you decide to look into voice acting. Best wishes!

THanks! Though, I was wondering on how to get an agent. I live in the northeast, kinda far from some of the studios, like Funimation and ADV, so do I have to move near one of them before getting an agent? If no one knows, that's ok. I'm just wondering 'cuz I am pretty serious about this.
nataliel
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Sep 17 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]447575[/snapback]

QUOTE(Edamame @ Sep 4 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]441678[/snapback]

THanks! Though, I was wondering on how to get an agent. I live in the northeast, kinda far from some of the studios, like Funimation and ADV, so do I have to move near one of them before getting an agent? If no one knows, that's ok. I'm just wondering 'cuz I am pretty serious about this.

And is there any college of arts in your city? Or simple courses. You could ask there. Teachers must know something about it. And also Internet is full of sites of such colleges. Use their contacts.
I don`t know about your place, but where i live there are TONES of independent acting courses.
And also - Very often students of animations courses need voice actors for their films (no need agents!). This is also may be an opportunity for you.
Dark-Winds
It seems like it would be a really fun job xD I dunno if I'd be any good at it, and I wouldn't wanna do it for a living, but I'd totally wanna give it a shot! It could be fun! =D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.